“For behold, in those days and at that time,
When I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem,

I will also gather all nations,
And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
And I will enter into judgment with them there
On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
Whom they have scattered among the nations;
They have also divided up My land.”  Joel 3:1,2

I wanted to get a physical picture in my mind of what the Bible’s “Valley of Jehoshaphat” really looked like.  That is easier said than done, since some historians believe that its true location could be in a valley called Barachah (“blessing”), located eleven miles or more from Jerusalem.  There it is believed that the Judean King Jehoshaphat sought God’s help to defeat the coalition of three enemy Gentile nations.  (2 Chron 20:1)  Then again, it is widely accepted that it refers to a valley within the Kidron Valley, which lies between the ancient Temple mount and the Mount of Olives.  That too, is considered the possible site where Judah was delivered from the enemy nations.

Many today believe the Kidron Valley will be the focus of a literal judgment of all nations in the world, for their treatment of the physical nation of Israel.  Its location is the site of Jewish tombs on the slopes of the Mount of Olives, and an incredible number of burial sites of professed Christians and Muslims within the valley. I was surprised to learn that people desire to be buried there, where supposedly the resurrection will occur when Jesus is said to walk through the “golden gate” of the temple ruins (based on Zech 14:4

Still, it is a correct belief by some scholars that Joel’s words refer solely to the time of final judgment, the decision making by God of the righteous and the unrighteous, during Armageddon. (Eccl 3:17; 1 Pet 3:12) “Jehoshaphat means “YHWH has judged”. 

"Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision!
For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision."  Joel 3:14  

(Some translations say, "Commotion, commotion"...)

But, what happened to the three raiding nations that came against Judah during King Jehoshaphat’s reign?  God spoke to the king through the prophet Jahaziel, the son of Zechariah,

“Listen, all Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat, thus says YHWH to you: ‘Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed before this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s.  17 There will be no need for you to fight in this battle. Take your stand! Stand and see the deliverance of YHWH among you, O Judah and Jerusalem! Do not fear and do not be dismayed. Tomorrow go out before them and YHWH will be with you.’” 2 Chron 20:15-17

God put it in the hearts of the enemy to turn on each other, without Judah lifting one sword.  When the last nation stood alone, “each helped to destroy his comrade”.  2 Chron 20:22,23

I know it’s hard to imagine for most of us, but we are in the middle of Armageddon.  Our own spiritual choices, affect God’s ultimate decision of our worthiness to receive eternal life, made in the symbolic “valley of decision”.  (Dan 7:9,10; Zeph 3:8; John 12:48; Heb 3:7-11; Rev 20:12) 

But, before this final judgment is completed by God, a spiritual war is in progress, raging within and outside the organization’s borders.  (Rev 12:7; Eph 6:12; 5:11; 2 Cor 10:3-5; Rev 9:1-4;13:1,6,7;16:13-16; 20: 7-9)

It is a necessary war between truth spoken by the faithful kings of Christ, and lies pouring out of the mouth of those kings who have fallen from God’s grace.  (Heb 3:12; 12:15; Acts 20:29-30; 1 Cor 11:19; Rev 8:10,11; 13:11,12; 16:13,14)

They are the “false prophets” of spiritual “Israel” who war against their brothers using lies and deceit. (Matt 7:15; 24:4,5, 24,25; 1 John 3:10; 1 Tim 4:1)

They have joined forces with a strong “Gentile” Wild Beast, beneficial for dominating, persecuting, and “killing” God’s holy people - the “prophets, sages and scribes” sent to them with the message of Christ’s truth.  (Isa 66:5; Matt 23:34-36; 24:9-12,49; John 16:2; Heb 13:13; Rev 9:1; Dan 7:25; Rev 13:1,5-7,11,15; 11:3,7,8; 18:24)

Eventually, this massive army will form an alliance with those of “Israel” who still adhere to the organization.  Single-mindedly, they will commit the very act already carried out upon others, the disfellowshipping/”killing” of both spiritual “Jews” and “Gentiles” who wake up to the organization’s lies and hypocrisy.    In this case, ‘each will help to destroy his comrade’. God will put into their hearts to terminate the rulership of the corrupt, deceitful governing “kings”/Harlot.  (Ezek 16:35-37; 38:21; Rev 17:12,13,15-17)

"For the eyes of the LORD roam throughout the earth to show himself strong for those who are wholeheartedly devoted to him. You have been foolish in this matter. Therefore, you will have wars from now on." 2 Chron 16:9

Proclaim this among the nations:
“Prepare for war!
Wake up the mighty men,
Let all the men of war draw near,
Let them come up.
10 Beat your plowshares into swords
And your pruning hooks into spears;
Let the weak say, ‘I am strong.’ ”
11 Assemble and come, all you nations,
And gather together all around.
Cause Your mighty ones to go down there, O Lord.”

“And when you hear about wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. This must happen, but the end is not yet.  For nation will rise up against nation and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places. There will be famines. These things are the beginning of birth pains.”     Mark 13:7,8

Christ is not the Destroyer. Christ conducts spiritual warfare, with the "sword of his mouth" (Rev 19:15; 1:16; Heb 4:12; Eph 6:17).

He is King of Truth, and the Battle is with the deceptions of death... the mouth of Satan (John 8:44; 2 Cor 4:4; Rev 12:15; 16:13,14; 20:7,8). 

Those on the side of truth listen to Christ, and carry forward to completion, Christ's war against the darkness, along with their Lord (Rev 17:14; 119:11-14,8;6:9-11) (Luke 22:69; Matt 28:18; John 18:37; Ps 110:1,2; 1 Cor 15:25).

Satan's messengers resist, and work to subjugate Truth, and the work of Christ's Ambassadors (Rev 12:7; Eph 6:12; 5:11; 2 Cor 10:3-5).

God's interest regarding war, is limited to spiritual warfare (Gen 3:15; Rev 12:17,10,11). The obscene and futile warfare of Satan's world, has no place in the purposes of God. That world was abandoned at the beginning, by its own will. That will, and the abandonment which results, will remain undeterred. For good reason, the name of its god, is Destroyer.

Pearl Doxsey, “What Hope for Satan’s World”

There is a point in this war, where God will say, enough is enough.  (Ezek 7:1-4)

"Let the nations be wakened, and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
For there I will sit to judge all the surrounding nations.

Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe.
Come, go down;
For the winepress is full,
The vats overflow—
For their wickedness is great.”  Joel 3:12,13

“’For look, on the city that is called by My name I am beginning to inflict harm, and you indeed, will you go unpunished? You will not go unpunished, for I am summoning a sword against all the inhabitants of the earth,’ declares YHWH of hosts. And you yourself shall prophesy against them all these words, and you shall say to them:

‘YHWH will roar from on high,
    and from His holy dwelling place he will give His voice. (1 Pet 2:5; 1 Cor 3:16,17,19; 2 Cor 6:16; Eph 2:21; Rev 11:1-3)
He will roar mightily against His settlement,
    a jubilant shout like those who tread grapes,
He will answer against all the inhabitants of the earth.”
Jer 25:29,30

“And another angel who had authority over the fire went out from the altar, and he called out with a loud voice to the one who had the sharp sickle, saying, “Send out your sharp sickle and harvest the clusters of grapes from the vine of the earth, because its grapes are at their prime!” And the angel swung his sickle into the earth and harvested the vine of the earth, and threw the grapesinto the great winepress of the wrath of God.” Rev 14:18,19

Those faithful servants of “Israel” who ride with Christ in this war, remain attached to the vine of truth, spiritually living on the sap of that vine.  (John 15:1,2,4-6,16;16:4,5; 1 Cor 6:17)  

Yet, the Harlot’s weaponry used against the anointed and all in the organization is in the “wine” she offers, which results in spiritual drunkenness. (Jer 2:21; Deut 32:32,33; Matt 7:15,16; Rom 3:13)

Her acts of deceit, are well tolerated by the inebriated, who repeatedly excuse and forget her lies, while drinking down another cup of her poisoned wine. (Jer 51:7; 1 Thess 5:6,7; 1 Tim 4:1; Rev 14:8; 18:3,4)

I want to share a comment that Pearl made a few years ago, that gives definition to “evil” grapes at their prime:

The Bible portrays, that it is absorbed into their blood, so that their very soul (Lev 17:11) is the "venom of vipers" (Deut 32:32,33). 

This is exactly why Christ treads the "winepress". It is to squeeze the falsehood from them. Those marked by “666” are false witnesses. The falsehood filling their souls (symbolized by their blood), will cause the lifeblood they have chosen, to kill them, because they will drown on their own blood. They drown on the lies within them, that Christ must crush at his return. This is such deep symbolism, but every detail of it, applies. Because their blood has become Satan's wine, they will lose their souls. God speaks of the Harlot who channels that "wine", when we read Isa.47:5-7 ...

5 “O beautiful Babylon, sit now in darkness and silence.
    Never again will you be known as the queen of kingdoms.
6 For I was angry with my chosen people
    and punished them by letting them fall into your hands.
But you, Babylon, showed them no mercy.
    You oppressed even the elderly.
7 You said, ‘I will reign forever as queen of the world!’
    You did not reflect on your actions
    or think about their consequences."

We will see her fall.

"30 A horrible and shocking thing
    has happened in this land—
31 the prophets give false prophecies,
    and the priests rule with an iron hand.
Worse yet, my people like it that way!
    But what will you do when the end comes?" (Jer.5:30-31)

“And it will happen on that day;
the mountains will drip new wine,
    and the hills will flow with milk,
    and all the channels of Judah will flow with water.
A spring from the house of YHWH will come forth,
    and it will water the valley of Acacia Trees.
19 Egypt will become a desolation,
    and Edom will become a desolate desert,
because of the violence they did against the children of Judah,
    in whose land they have shed innocent blood.
20 But Judah will be inhabited forever,
    and Jerusalem for all generations.
21 I will cleanse their bloodguilt that I did not cleanse,
    for YHWH is dwelling in Zion.”  Joel 3:18-21

Pearl Doxsey – https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/

Labor Pains

A Hidden Famine, A Hidden Feast

Spiritual Virginity vs. The Harlot’s Cup/Two Covenants

The Great Winepress

sky clouds Julie Fletcher.jpg

• 1 year later...

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“For behold, in those days and at that time, When I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; And I w

How is the tetragrammaton pronounced?  Can we take the name of the Father, (not that of any man), and assume that it is okay to hybridize His name by adding to it, essentially creating a name that we

Posted Images

•    

“For behold, in those days and at that time,
    When I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem,

I will also gather all nations,
    And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
    And I will enter into judgment with them there
    On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
    Whom they have scattered among the nations;
    They have also divided up My land.”  Joel 3:1,2

Why would you use Names that give Witness to God's Holy Name Jehovah?

You claimed there is No JEHOVAH so why use the Valley of Jehoshaphat?

’For look, on the city that is called by My name I am beginning to inflict harm, and you indeed, will you go unpunished? 

This proves that you are a fake and impostor. 

• JEHOSHAPHAT (Je·hoshʹa·phat) [Jehovah Is Judge].
    • JOEL (Joʹel) [Jehovah Is God].
    • JESUS  (Je' sus) [Jehovah is Salvation].

4 hours ago, BroRando said:

How is the tetragrammaton pronounced?  Can we take the name of the Father, (not that of any man), and assume that it is okay to hybridize His name by adding to it, essentially creating a name that we feel is correct?   That is how the word, "Jehovah" came to be.

“Jehoshaphat” - The name Jehoshaphat consists of two elements:

1) The name יה (Yah) = יהו (Yahu) = יו (Yu), which in turn are abbreviated forms of the Tetragrammaton; the name of the Lord: YHWH.

2) The verb שפט (shapat), meaning to judge or govern

“Joel” - The name Joel is most commonly interpreted to be a combination of two elements. The first element is יה (Yah) = יהו (Yahu) = יו (Yu), which is the commonly accepted abbreviated form of יהוה, which is YHWH, the Name of the Lord.

“Jesus” - The first part is the appellative יה (Yah) = יהו (Yahu) = יו (Yu), which in turn are abbreviated forms of the Tetragrammaton; the name of the Lord: YHWH, or Yahweh.

The second element of the name Joshua/Jesus comes from the verb ישע (yasha'), meaning to save or deliver.

I don’t see “Jehovah” in their names at all, which is suppose represent the entire tetragrammaton The made-up word “Jehovah”, and how it is vocalized, is more important to you than His qualities; one being TRUTH, not fabrications from the minds of men.  (Ezek 13:9; Jer 23:16; Matt 24:24)

A "city that is called by My name"/ a people for His name  – the people of the nation of Israel were considered the children of YHWH, a chosen people who were his spiritual and physical “offspring” through Abraham.  They were to bear His laws on their mind and heart – ONLY His laws, not those of men. They would then be considered children made in His image.  Through His Word, they would know God.   A sinner, a liar, wouldn’t be made in the image of God, would he?   He is a God of Truth, Justice and Mercy.  None of those qualities are found in the organization. 

So, the warning goes out to the anointed in the organization; and those with them. (Rev 18:4-8)  Through their anointing, God’s laws were “written on their heart”.  (Heb 8:10) The early priests of the Temple wore the tetragrammaton on their forehead, a reminder of who they represented – the God of Truth.  (Deut 6:1,2,6-9)  What has happened in the organization to the anointed ones?  Their hearts have been derailed into following the laws of men. (Gal 1:10; 2 Cor 11:20)  They are ruled over by those not anointed. (2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2) Thus the warning that the “holy city” – “New Jerusalem” (Gal 4:26), that is to bear the “name”, of God as His chosen people, (Isa 43:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9) has failed in keeping His decrees in Jesus Christ – who is Truth.  As a man, Jesus bore the “name” of God in every facet that one can.  Who are the anointed priests following -  Jesus, or false teachers/prophets who admonish their members to “bear” the name, “Jehovah’s organization” on their mind and heart? 2 Chron 7:12-22  They have fallen into idolatry. (Rev 13:4,17)

Exod 20:7 – “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.”

“vain” - שָׁוְא shâvᵉʼ, shawv; or שַׁו shav; from the same as H7722 in the sense of desolating; evil (as destructive), literally (ruin) or morally (especially guile); figuratively idolatry (as false, subjective), uselessness (as deceptive, objective; also adverbially, in vain):—false(-ly), lie, lying, vain, vanity.

“hovah” - הֹוָה hôvâh, ho-vaw'; another form for H1942; ruin:—mischief.

It is extremely ironic that JWs, as idolaters, push “Jehovah” so vehemently.  That word desecrates the entire meaning of who the Father is.   

You never answered:  

Why would you use Names that give Witness to God's Holy Name Jehovah?

You claimed there is No JEHOVAH so why use the Valley of Jehoshaphat?

’For look, on the city that is called by My name I am beginning to inflict harm, and you indeed, will you go unpunished? 

• JEHOSHAPHAT (Je·hoshʹa·phat) [Jehovah Is Judge].
  • JOEL (Joʹel) [Jehovah Is God].
  • JESUS  (Je' sus) [Jehovah is Salvation].