Witness

• Views 6.7k
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A pretty good guess, I would imagine. I like to think that is still quite low, in view of Invisiblechild.org  reporting that 1 out of every 5 children in the US will be suffer molestation before age 1

So much can go wrong with trying to read too much into the numbers. Even if there is a database of 12,000 or more pedophiles, this does not mean that all of them were found to be actively committing c

"A News Corp investigation into the global Christian sect Jehovah's Witnesses has revealed they have allegedly pushed cash offshore to avoid paying compensation to Australian child sex abuse victims."

1 hour ago, César Chávez said:

Yeah, but you act like one here. Even free birds have the sense to understand when they are hatched what their survival Intel. They don't have the mindset of a human, but they still learn skills. What's the excuse then for people? 

For you Billy the Kid, there is no excuse. 

The headline of this article is pure spin. I would also put my money offshore if I could because the dollar has already fallen...... They are trying to save what is left. But this may also be too late because a new financial world will emerge from this covid 19. All money will be digitized with ID..... How offshore money will be dealt with I am not sure. The GB used some offshore money before when they ran out of liquidity. It is good to save money in a 'perceived' safe place. To not pay people their money awarded by court they would have to declare bankruptcy in Australia - and I have not heard this in the news yet...… so the story above is pure spin...… but of course people with no clue of how this works will find the article interesting.... or the people who just love it because the spin puts JWs in a bad light.

40 minutes ago, Arauna said:

The GB used some offshore money before when they ran out of liquidity. It is good to save money in a 'perceived' safe place.

This is fine way to show how their faith and trust in JHVH and Jesus is on high level. 

Good example for "sheep" to follow..... and to "help" Australian brothers and sisters economy :)) from New York. 

5 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

This is fine way to show faith

What do you know about faith and  do you judge another's faith?  The bible does call them "discreet". So they will work with everything in the best way they know how.  

If they save money then you say they have no trust in God.  If they leave it to chance you will call them useless slaves and bad managers....... can they ever get your approval? I doubt it. Whatever they do will be wrong in your judgmental eyes.

4 minutes ago, Arauna said:

What do you know about faith and  do you judge another's faith?  The bible does call them "discreet". So they will work with everything in the best way they know how.  

If they save money then you say they have no trust in God.  If they leave it to chance you will call them useless slaves and bad managers....... can they ever get your approval? I doubt it. Whatever they do will be wrong in your judgmental eyes.

I am only in position of observer not judge. And as observer coming to some conclusions, right or wrong. 

The federal government on Wednesday outed the Australian Air League, Boys’ Brigade NSW, Fairbridge Restored Limited, Lakes Entrance Pony Club, Jehovah’s Witnesses and Kenja Communications.

But late on Wednesday the Australian Air League signed and submitted the letter of intent to join the scheme.

https://www.aap.com.au/redress-scheme-holdouts-to-be-revealed/?fbclid=IwAR3i4pSK3wUQQKDyo7McEtLvfX9QkAnUdwj0K3tTWIi-8hp8IdVGD-72-x8

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has threatened the charity status and government funding of organisations that refuse to sign up to the child sexual abuse redress scheme by the Tuesday deadline.

Under the scheme, survivors can access up to $150,000 in compensation payments and an apology from the organisation involved.

The Jehovah's Witness have publicly resisted the scheme, insisting they do not have the institutional setup the scheme is designed to address.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/morrison-threatens-charity-status-of-organisations-refusing-to-join-abuse-redress-scheme-20200628-p556z8.html?fbclid=IwAR09qxgjTVytraT8wTjQWrkE00WUnwYDDwMm4EADxT6o5KD5z1vwYIsGF1s

Jehovah’s Witnesses has argued it does not have the “institutional settings” necessary to be a part of the redress scheme.

Spokesperson Tom Pecipajkovski told the ABC it would respond directly to individual claims.

“Jehovah’s Witnesses understand that, to date, there have been less than 10 applicants to the redress scheme who have referred to the religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses,” Pecipajkovski said.

“Jehovah’s Witnesses have responded and will continue to respond directly to individual claims for redress in a caring, fair, and principled manner, taking into consideration the unique circumstances of each claim.” 

https://probonoaustralia.com.au/news/2020/07/organisations-named-and-shamed-for-refusing-to-join-national-redress-scheme/

Senator Ruston said it was not up to Jehovah's Witnesses or other organisations to decide whether their models suited the scheme or not.

"It's not up to you to make those decisions," she said.

"Let the independent scheme assess the validity of the arguments you're putting forward because they may well be correct but it's not for them to decide.

"We have applications and we have a responsibility to process them."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-01/government-names-shames-institutions-not-part-of-redress-scheme/12406850?fbclid=IwAR2ODewWHNdEzAeiFMUx1g3cMXqRnogpgpp0U3OtUZlPA7ahdGpe1nE4M1s

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.