Witness

• Views 6.7k
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A pretty good guess, I would imagine. I like to think that is still quite low, in view of Invisiblechild.org  reporting that 1 out of every 5 children in the US will be suffer molestation before age 1

So much can go wrong with trying to read too much into the numbers. Even if there is a database of 12,000 or more pedophiles, this does not mean that all of them were found to be actively committing c

"A News Corp investigation into the global Christian sect Jehovah's Witnesses has revealed they have allegedly pushed cash offshore to avoid paying compensation to Australian child sex abuse victims."

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

While they may have moved extra funds to a different location, I do not trust the spin or angle the media is putting on it......... if you trust the media after all the junk that is published -  you are pretty naive. 

If you trust that the WT intends to join in the redress scheme at the last minute (deadline June 30), you may be the one who is pretty naive.   

"The Australian Government expects every institution in which the sexual abuse of children occurred to be accountable for that abuse and join the National Redress Scheme (the Scheme) and provide redress.

The Australian Government and all state and territory governments have agreed that institutions named in the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse report or named in an application received by the Scheme must provide a clear written statement setting out their intention to join the Scheme by no later than 30 June 2020. These institutions will be expected to join as soon as possible, but no later than 31 December 2020. This additional time reflects the maximum time needed to complete the on-boarding process and recognises the reduced capacity of many institutions due to the coronavirus pandemic.

If by 30 June 2020 an institution has failed to signify its intention to join the Scheme, it will be immediately publicly identified by the Scheme in accordance with Scheme legislation and jurisdictions will consider other appropriate action. This may include financial sanctions applied by state, territory or Commonwealth governments, and changes to an organisation's charitable status. Naming institutions is necessary to ensure that people wanting to access the Scheme know the status of relevant institutions."  https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/institutions/institutions-have-not-yet-joined

As of May 28th, the WT had no intention of joining in.

https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020-05/institutions-not-yet-joined-scheme-update-28-may-2020.pdf

It looks like the lost, abused sheep are just not that important to the organization.  Money takes priority.  

On 6/16/2020 at 4:36 AM, 4Jah2me said:

Now this is where we need Truthers.  I wonder if @Space Merchant will investigate this as a Truther ? Or if @JW Insider will investigate it as an 'insider' ?

Just seeing now you have mentioned me here. Other than that, we always know about CSA, 24/7/365, granted us Truthers are aware of sexual and violent abuse done to a mate and or child, this is no different. They already know of this situation, granted, the notion of an Gangstalking season concerning religion, JW is also on that menu apparently.

As for the subject matter this is an accusation, the faith community being accused of something, therefore further information is indeed needed. Even the notion points to alleged, therefore, more information is needed, as for the community I am of, they are already seeing the accusation through, likewise, to other things they are viewing.

That being said, it should be known to you, the website that @Witness cited is right-centered bias, for that alone should speak volumes here, especially when it comes to conveyance. So anyone is capable of jumping to conclusions when such is deemed an accusation, which is no different from the accused regardless of whatever institution, and in this regard, it is quite the accusation, granted the second-handedness.

On 6/16/2020 at 4:36 AM, 4Jah2me said:

Contrary to 'popular opinion' I do not want to see the CCJW 'go down' completely. What I want to see is honesty and mercy and justice for CSA victims, and to see the Org 'made clean'. 

They are aware of CSA, however, the problem is that pedophilia is damningly problematic, that is plagues any institution like that of a virus. Actions can be taken, however, it is a hit or miss, hence, solutions are needed to teach not just the children, but the adults as well. So far, no one proposes the as much as I do.

On 6/16/2020 at 3:21 PM, César Chávez said:

When news media receive their news from secondhand accounts rather than investigating a substance on their own? It just becomes unsubstantiated news propaganda to appease former members of the Watchtower. A ploy that Trump uses to satisfy his base. 😏

Yes. Granted the source that is linked points to an accusation, and usually from right-centered bias websites, the push credibility by wording, as the website in question has a history.

Are you a Jehovah's Witness? For those that are aware of things they are not easily fazed. Likewise, not all former Witnesses are fazed by this, due to the fact they themselves are an enemy to disgruntled former Witnesses, for there is ample evidence of that since the whole 2017 fiasco whereas former Jehovah's Witnesses were at odds with disgruntled former Witnesses, i.e. accusing JWs of stopping an event, when in realize, it was a former JW or Bible Student, a friend of Cedars, that stopped it, but he was sent death threats and fat shamed due to the fact he had a role in stopping the disgruntled ones, likewise, with people of the community who also stopped the disgruntled ones, branding them extremist, along with someone's angry boyfriend.

That being said, it would not surprise anyone who will push an accusation as a truth out of the pool of hatred and disdainfulness. Likewise to 4Jah2me, a lot of Truthers are already aware, but as you pointed out, we are skeptical of second-hand sources; it is Info Wars all over again.

On 6/15/2020 at 11:38 PM, JJJ-AUSTRALIA said:

In Australia not sure in the other parts of the world all congregations banks accounts were emptied and funds were redirected overseas now congregations only are allowed to keep $5000  in their accounts funny enough this information was not read to the JWs was only Elders knowledge.

What source is this? Also this is no surprise, granted some institutions, when it comes to revenue have a limit, a capacity, likewise to corporate having limits on branches, and or other outside of that spectrum.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:16 AM, Witness said:

JWs are a stubborn people, afraid to move from their false comfort of “peace and security”, and stand for decency and righteousness.  1 Thess 5:1-3; Rev 18:4-8

Not all of them are stubborn. Also granted the existence of two groups, one looking for peace, and one looking for security, this is something people are looking at with extreme vigilance. L.T.'s branches, it's very existence is a major, major red flag! For this entity can easily take anyone of any group, of any faith without notice if not careful.

No man, woman or child is safe if they take the wrong step, for once this entity has you, it is not easy to get out, it is difficult, very difficult to escape.

1 hour ago, Space Merchant said:

That being said, it should be known to you, the website that @Witness cited is right-centered bias, for that alone should speak volumes here, especially when it comes to conveyance.

What website?  You claim it is right-centered bias, but have given no examples.  

To find out more about the Scheme, go to www.nationalredress.gov.au or call 1800 737 377 from Australia or +61 3 6222 3455 from overseas.

5 hours ago, Witness said:
6 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

That being said, it should be known to you, the website that @Witness cited is right-centered bias,

https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/about/about-website

About this website

This website contains material that is sometimes confronting and distressing. Sometimes words or images can cause sadness or distress, or trigger traumatic memories for people, particularly people who have experienced past abuse or childhood trauma.

For some people, these responses can be overwhelming. If you need immediate help or counselling, 24/7 support is available. Redress Support Services are also available to provide advice or support before, during and after you apply for redress.

Language

This website tries to use inclusive, restorative and non-derogatory language. Many of the commonly used words and phrases have shortcomings and we hope that no one feels excluded, misrepresented or offended. Please tell us your feedback about the website and how to improve it.

21 hours ago, Arauna said:

While they may have moved extra funds to a different location, I do not trust the spin or angle the media is putting on it......... if you trust the media after all the junk that is published -  you are pretty naive. 

“It is one thing to be ignorant, it is quite another to be ignorant by choice.”

I thought of your comment when seeing this short video:

@Witness @Srecko Sostar @4Jah2me 

20 hours ago, Witness said:

What website?  You claim it is right-centered bias, but have given no examples. 

It is obviously the one you linked in your 1st post.

This one:

On 6/15/2020 at 10:58 PM, Witness said:

The information speaks for itself. Let's just hope for your sake that the information being handed over is actually credible, as @César Chávez pointed out because we know what the Far-Left is capable of (thanks to them even more children is at risk at a hellish level as of recent), and we also know those of the Far-Right and how they deem things. Moreover, it can boil down to a situation whereas the next move they make on this investigative story chess board will not be what one is to expect, especially for those who are beyond control and or angry.

There is yet another issue that will cause quite the collateral damage, something I addressed in the past, and missed opportunity for you - which is in connection to CSA in institutions.

That being said, there is another matter concerning JWs that is focused on too.

RIGHT-CENTER BIAS

These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.

• Overall, we rate News.com.au Right-Center Biased based on story selection that slightly favors the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to the occasional use of poor sources.

Detailed Report

Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
World Press Freedom Rank: Australia 21/180

History

News.com.au is an Australian news and entertainment website which focuses on celebrity gossip, travel, lifestyle, sport, business, technology, money and real estate. Kate De Brito is the Editor-In-Chief. According to Nielsen Online Ratings they are Australia’s most popular news website as of January 2015.

Read our profile on Australia’s government and media.

Funded by / Ownership

News.com.au is owned by News Corp Australia, which is a part of News Corp and owned by Rupert Murdoch. Revenue is based on subscriptions and advertisements. For annual financial reports please see here.

Analysis / Bias

In review, News.com.au’s coverage of national news tends to utilize strong emotional headlines and word choices such as “Barnaby Joyce films seriously bizarre Christmas message for Australia.” Barnaby Jonce is a conservative Australian Politician. Further, News.com.au publishes articles that are critical of conservative Prime Minister Scott Morrison, “Former fire chief declines to criticise Scott Morrison for going on holiday as bushfires burn.”

When it comes to issues such as global warming, they publish articles with a neutral tone such as this: “Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change releases special report on global warming targets”  and with racism they criticize members of the center-right political party, Young Liberals (Australia) for racist comments they made in the video “Two Gold Coast Young Liberals in hot water after posting racist slur video online”.

They also publish celebrity news under the entertainment category: “Camila Cabello ‘sorry’ and ‘ashamed’ over past racist language.” When News.com.au covers news regarding the USA, they publish articles with emotionally loaded headlines and a pro-Trump tone, for example “America’s media celebrates ‘Merry Impeachmas’ The media’s gleeful reaction to Donald Trump’s impeachment may very well help him get re-elected in 2020, commentators argue.” For this story, they source factually mixed right biased sources such as newsbusters.org, mostly factual Wall Street Journal and mixed Fox News. The latter two sources are owned by Newscorp. In general, they report news mostly factually with story selection slightly favoring the right. They do not clearly label opinion content.

A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.

Overall, we rate News.com.au Right-Center Biased based on story selection that slightly favors the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to the occasional use of poor sources. (2/14/2017) Updated (M. Huitsing 12/31/2019)

Source: https://www.news.com.au/

@Srecko Sostar Srecko, are you sure you found the right address, so to speak?

https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/about/about-website

This is a Child Abuse and Neglect hotline website, I had this linked a while back when I told you there are solutions to helping children, making them aware, some of which are affiliated with CSA services and aid. Mainly if the help is truly needed. Likewise, the same solutions they have, I even addressed them to you - you simply laughed at them, I take it this time you agree with me.

The link I am referring to is the one in the very beginning of the thread, cited by Witness.

On 6/18/2020 at 12:49 AM, Space Merchant said:

That being said, it should be known to you, the website that @Witness cited is right-centered bias, for that alone should speak volumes here, especially when it comes to conveyance. So anyone is capable of jumping to conclusions when such is deemed an accusation, which is no different from the accused regardless of whatever institution, and in this regard, it is quite the accusation, granted the second-handedness.

7 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation

These sources are generally trustworthy for information

7 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information ......

They often publish factual information

15 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

These sources are generally trustworthy for information

They often publish factual information

For celebrity gospel, lifestyle, etc. Majority of anything institution-wise, as the latter points out,

22 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

Overall, we rate News.com.au Right-Center Biased based on story selection that slightly favors the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to the occasional use of poor sources.

I hope you do realize how religion is viewed by conservatives/liberals of any kind, mainly those who cater to the Left, as is those who cater to the Right.

That being said, it will not end too well on your favor, especially granted the article in question that is presented.

If you do not know how the Left and Right operates, granted both sides tend to get secondary information that are often not as credible, mainly if it is something that are not as favorable, it will not come to the glory of your own favor - let that sink in as the days pass.

You already have an example with the protesting....

@Srecko Sostar @Witness Out of curiosity, are you both aware of the specific people mentioned in the article, as is with property details of the JW churches in said location? I ask this because for a reason, and granted I was able to recover 78% of the article/topic in question, which has some information that you may or may not know.

2 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

If you do not know how the Left and Right operates, granted both sides tend to get secondary information that are often not as credible, mainly if it is something that are not as favorable, it will not come to the glory of your own favor - let that sink in as the days pass.

Thank you for your warning, but the bottom line is, it very well could be true. 

And, I should remind you, I am not interested in "mainstream religion", in the least.  My focus is on the Watchtower and the people inside. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.