The World News Media

22 minutes ago, Equivocation said:

@Space Merchant Well these are examples, random ones, but people can choose to read them, of course they don't have to read any of our publications, but the information isn't too far off, and there is a lot.

Hello guest!

Hello guest!

Hello guest!

My take on this is, only a handful of your faith community reads these things, know these things and apply them, the other handful may dabble a little bit on this information, but would not think it will happen to them, their family or their church congregation, and the other handful are oblivious to all things pertaining to CSA.

An abuser, a pedophile, tends to exploit such people in a community who lack in information pertaining to CSA in order to access children, and by exploit, meaning, joining your community. The other side of the spectrum is the abuser is a family member, granted most abusers are among the household of the victim, and the demographics concerning things regarding race and sex is obvious, especially in a culture today where people prompt the idea of pedophilia to some degree, even in shows, movies, etc.

That being said, more within your faith community should be doing this, then again, as pointed out, each church differs despite being in union of the same faith, liken to the example I had give about a strict pastor and a not so strict pastor, in your case, an elder. Moreover, even former members of your faith should be doing this, but from the looks of things, they do not, most of them. Some of them even, cater ideas to an onlooker who is seeking to commit harm. One of the reasons pedophiles favor religions (among other easy access areas) more is because they can easily exploit the kindness of congregants, and if lucky, they exploit their ability to forgive others, as well as hearing such ones speak of these religious institutions as some glorious paradise for the average pedophile.

Child Abuse in general, Australia, is far worse, but does not pale in comparison to the UK, which is greater, in this case. For it is not just in institutions, but online, social media, online gaming, etc. Most parents and guardians suffer from the notorious bystander syndrome when it comes to pedophilia and CSA. The former JWs, the sex abuse survivors, think none of the AFP is doing their job, even shaming them, however, they have been taking action, for a couple of weeks ago they saved about 14 children; granted, it is not as if CSA is unknown to them either, likewise with the child abuse situation among Jehovah's Witnesses.

As for the Redress Scheme, there are talks about forcing groups to sign now, some are now bringing up gov't involvement with said force.

• Views 1.4k
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much can go wrong with trying to read too much into the numbers. Even if there is a database of 12,000 or more pedophiles, this does not mean that all of them were found to be actively committing crimes in the congregation. A big reason for such a database is clearly to keep a lookout for danger even if the person had been convicted or suspected long before becoming a Witness. Some were probably cases of incest, and crimes of opportunity, where the children are no longer in direct danger afte

A pretty good guess, I would imagine. I like to think that is still quite low, in view of Invisiblechild.org  reporting that 1 out of every 5 children in the US will be suffer molestation before age 18. But such will never be known for sure because practically nobody other than JWs made note of abuse cases within the membership; Witnesses did so in the spirit of Romans 2:22– to ensure that they ‘practice what you preach.’ In doing so, they produce a ‘paper trail,’ the 1000 ARC cases that nobody

"A News Corp investigation into the global Christian sect Jehovah's Witnesses has revealed they have allegedly pushed cash offshore to avoid paying compensation to Australian child sex abuse victims."   Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.

@Equivocation  Please do not fall into the same trap as Space Merchant.  He seems to think that because the JW Org / GB write 'pretty' words about hating child abuse, that the GB and others are innocent. I notice SM compares Australia to the UK, but doesn't mention America.  I think that the GB and their Lawyers are still withholding the 20 year database of American Child Sexual Abuse victims within the JW Org.. That database must contain the names of hundreds of paedophiles in American congregations, many of them being Elders and MS and probably some men that are now higher up in the organisation. It will probably contain the names of some women too as not all paedophiles are men. 

No matter what magazines are printed congregants will still not believe that there are paedophiles in their congregations. Congregants will still trust all the Elders and MS, and Circuit Overseers etc.. And Elders do not tell the whole congregation even if there is a known paedophile in the congregation. 

Space Merchant has mentioned that some times parents abuse their own children. This is true and it has been proven in courts. But in the CCJW / JW org if a child has reported this to the Elders, the Elders do not believe the child or tells the child not to tell anyone else. It is the secrecy in the JW org that has made it possible for so many paedophiles to abuse so many children. 

Totally agreed with you 4jah4me, the society has a huge database, and no matter how much pretty words they write in their magazines or how much people (JWs) like to make excuses for, the fact is that they are still covering it and we had a taste of it here in Australia. The funny thing is that the society has an organised committee for HLC around the world and thats a proof that Jehovah God is with them (according to JWs interpretation) to uphold their man made rules of the blood doctrine but for child sex abuse they cant be bothered to have one small committee to safe guard children 😆😆😆.

And one other thing that puzzles me is, in the ARC investigation the Australian Bethel seemed to have reports of CSA going back 50 years, but in America, where the religion started, they only have reports / database going back to 1997.  So i wonder what they did with all previous reports ? Did they destroy them ? There could have been information previously about men that have 'high positions' in the Org now. 

On 6/26/2020 at 5:21 AM, 4Jah2me said:

Please do not fall into the same trap as Space Merchant.  He seems to think that because the JW Org / GB write 'pretty' words about hating child abuse, that the GB and others are innocent. I notice SM compares Australia to the UK, but doesn't mention America.  I think that the GB and their Lawyers are still withholding the 20 year database of American Child Sexual Abuse victims within the JW Org.. That database must contain the names of hundreds of paedophiles in American congregations, many of them being Elders and MS and probably some men that are now higher up in the organisation. It will probably contain the names of some women too as not all paedophiles are men. 

That is where you are blind, he pointed out those articles for people to learn about what child abuse is, and even stated some people actually apply this stuff, to which I even said the following:

On 6/25/2020 at 6:09 PM, Space Merchant said:

only a handful of your faith community reads these things, know these things and apply them, the other handful may dabble a little bit on this information, but would not think it will happen to them, their family or their church congregation, and the other handful are oblivious to all things pertaining to CSA.

Not All JWs are aware of child abuse, some of them know how to dael with the situation, others know about it, but cannot handle the situation and you have some adherents who know nothing of child abuse, in addition to that, they do not even know ARC. And no on here is claiming innocence expect you.

I am comparing the two because child abuse is far greater in those areas, this is all in statistics, of course. These areas far far worse, and the reason I bring up the UK because in regards to the situation we have with JWs in Australia, it is connected. No one is knocking that child abuse is taking place in the US, however, it is smaller in comparison to areas like the UK and other parts of the EU. This is all facts some of which still stand true today.

As for the database, we do not know, some are saying they have one, some are saying they do not, others have said they have destroyed it. We should not be playing multiple choice with something serious.

In the United States, believe it or not, when it comes to Child Abuse, women, sadly, tends to get off the hook easily, and the consequences they endure are not as great as that of men. The reason for this is because of a brazen belief pushed around in society and media, some in law have let women go because of their looks, or status regardless of the institution. Men are far worse of course. When it comes to child abusers, it is often men who take this action, and primarily, according to the FBI, the abusers tend to be Caucasian/White Males, and majority of them are within the household of the person they abuse. Another one is C.O.C.A, otherwise known as Child on Child Abuse, which is a complex situation to deal with either before the abuse takes place, or afterwards because no one would suspect a child to be an abuser, be it boy or girl, but this kind of Child Abuse is far greater in the Social Media as well as Youth Clubs, compared to institutions.

That being said, all areas are plagued with Child Abuse, however, as pointed out many times, the UK, and other EU countries, even Australia, is far worse, and pedophiles in general are in positions, or seek such positions in order to gain access to children.

Also, such things have to be tackle the smart way, otherwise there will be bloodshed, for we already had vigilant justice, assassinations, and a list of other things take place, as is, with the victim and or her friends or family being killed in the process in some cases, as is, those encouraging pedophiles to strike again. This is why child abuse must be fought the correct way.

No matter what magazines are printed congregants will still not believe that there are paedophiles in their congregations. Congregants will still trust all the Elders and MS, and Circuit Overseers etc.. And Elders do not tell the whole congregation even if there is a known paedophile in the congregation.

It is not terms of belief, it is in terms of application. What @Equivocation and I have pointed out is that some people apply these things and some do not, as is with some who are not even ware of child abuse. Do not get it twisted, perhaps read what was said.

And I have given examples in the past regarding some JWs taking action, i.e. The Swahili Jehovah's Witnesses and his church, The Arabic JW in the UK, and we also have @Equivocation as an example, a teenager who is a JW, who has been applying this information.

Again, there are a handful of JWs out there that are capable of fighting child abuse, and are equip to handle the situation, to say otherwise is hypocrisy when there is proof of this, some of which, even ExJWs also pointed out.

That being said, teaching people about child abuse and how to fight it is indeed powerful.

Space Merchant has mentioned that some times parents abuse their own children. This is true and it has been proven in courts. But in the CCJW / JW org if a child has reported this to the Elders, the Elders do not believe the child or tells the child not to tell anyone else. It is the secrecy in the JW org that has made it possible for so many paedophiles to abuse so many children. 

This is fact. Majority of child abuse mostly takes place within the household, primarily done by the Father of the house, rarely it is the Mother, however, the Mother in some cases can be an accomplice. Mothers who do child abuse do it differently, sometimes it is not directly abusing the child, but they, in this case, sell off their child to be abused, something of which is very common if the sexes were reversed. This does not have to be proven in court, all it takes is investigative work internally and or by law enforcement.

Again, there are some within institutions who are not well equipped and or not equipped at all to handle child abuse. This is why, as I pointed out to even the JWs, it can be problematic if you do not train these people as well. There are examples of the a JW congregant, possibly an elder, in their church who has taken some form of against, again we can go back to ARC's case study on how the victim found out about child abuse by means of a publication from JWs.

On 6/26/2020 at 8:55 AM, 4Jah2me said:

And one other thing that puzzles me is, in the ARC investigation the Australian Bethel seemed to have reports of CSA going back 50 years, but in America, where the religion started, they only have reports / database going back to 1997.  So i wonder what they did with all previous reports ? Did they destroy them ? There could have been information previously about men that have 'high positions' in the Org now. 

Perhaps, but according to some people, they say it has been destroyed, and or not existing at all. Moreover, such a thing needs to be tackled in a smart way, otherwise there will not just be abuse on people's hands, but blood, after all, this is the United States, whereas we have several examples.

That being said, as pointed out, people are speculating and or coming with their own assumptions.

On 6/26/2020 at 5:59 AM, JJJ-AUSTRALIA said:

Totally agreed with you 4jah4me, the society has a huge database, and no matter how much pretty words they write in their magazines or how much people (JWs) like to make excuses for, the fact is that they are still covering it and we had a taste of it here in Australia. The funny thing is that the society has an organised committee for HLC around the world and thats a proof that Jehovah God is with them (according to JWs interpretation) to uphold their man made rules of the blood doctrine but for child sex abuse they cant be bothered to have one small committee to safe guard children 😆😆😆.

The thing is, there is speculation of it even existing, whereas other say otherwise, therefore, this database notion is muddled.

As for the publication cited by @Equivocation some JWs actually do apply it, however, as pointed out, some do not know what they are doing whereas some JWs are plain oblivious to child abuse. I would not say excuses, more like caught off guard, mainly when they do not know anything pertaining to child abuse. If we can go back to ARC, they have provided solutions to not just the institutions, but the general public, likewise to the JWs, the people of Australia fit that same mentality, as is with everyone else, therefore, they harbor that bystander syndrome like mentality, which is no different from oblivious and or ill-equipped JWs vs. everyone else who is equipped to fight child abuse.

Well Australia, like other EU countries is far worse when it comes to child abuse, a bit out of control be it in an institution or not. You lot are up there compared to other non-EU countries. So it is no surprise that pedophiles can access areas where there is children, for the majority are not that well equipped to handle child abuse as a whole.

The whole Blood Doctrine concept is to abstain from blood, and it is carried over from the Mosaic Law into the New Law, so it is understandable as to why they have this view. Likewise, JWs are not the only people who hold this view, other Christians as well, and to some extent, Jews and those who are following Islam. Moreover, you even have cultures that apply abstaining from blood for a great number of reasons, some, who are not religious, hold this view for reasons of superstition. Perhaps learn more about the law itself, there is a reason behind that.

Again, they would need to be trained on the matter. A solution that even CSA services even point out, and some information provided by ARC. Even you yourself can train yourself on child abuse and help out those who are actually fighting it the wrong way and not be as a person who is sitting on the sidelines just calling CSA without taking action - therefore, I agree with ARC, services, etc that provide the same example, even the Bible when it comes to passing wisdom and teaching children and others.

That being said, as for News Corp, 3 points made by them have been proven false.... As stated, the focus now is only The Redress and ARC, for the accusations are looking more false day by day, meanwhile, you have the Australia police who are said to be blamed here, when some of them who are equipped to fight CSA, took action, not all of them of course, so the former JW cannot simply blame them in this regard because there are some in the law who are capable.

Quote @Space Merchant  As for the database, we do not know, some are saying they have one, some are saying they do not, others have said they have destroyed it. We should not be playing multiple choice with something serious

If the American CCJW Bethel has destroyed the CSA / Paedophile 20 year Database it would prove they are not serving Almighty God. It would prove that they are deliberately hiding Paedophiles in the CCJW / Watchtower Soc'.  It would prove they have things to hide and that they should not be trusted at all. 

However, i do not believe they have destroyed it. And I believe that Jesus Christ will have that database used in American courts, as part of the cleaning of the CCJW.  Christ will use the Superior Authorities of the 'world' to clean out the things of the 'world' from the CCJW. 

Almighty God used armies of this 'world' to punish the Israelites. And did He use or just allow the Romans to destroy Jerusalem ? Either way it got the job done.  Do you think God and Christ have stopped working toward humans ? Ye people of little faith. 

@4Jah2me I don't think Spacey is blinding anyone especially the fact is that due to a lot of the things he says covering child sex abuse, he so speaks of his experience, i.e. helping children to learn what child sex abuse is and how to see the signs and all that is a major plus👍🏾. So what he is saying is 💯 true and it is not just with Jehovah's Witnesses, but people in general, all over the world.
We can take you for example - You practically mention child sex abuse all the time, but you haven't taken action whatsoever, well, from looking at the conversation between you and spacey, you ignore the very point he made, then you went on to say that someone who has experience with helping the general public know about child sex abuse, knows nothing at all, although false, but that is what you pressed. Spacey is the opposite, he not only speaks on child sex abuse, but he has done something about it by teaching not just children, but adults about child sex abuse and his actions actually caused positive growth.

So in short, both of you speak about it, but only one of you, in this example, spacey, has and continues to take literal action on child sex abuse in general, heck, he even challenged me and JTR on this a while back.

So as for the publications, like what was pointed out, people who read them understand what child abuse is and understand the signs of both the abuser and someone who has been abused. Even outside of the publications, this is something that is practically, especially in different cultures where the bond between a parent or guardian and child us strong. Likewise with us Jehovah's Witnesses, like the general public, some of us know and take action, others know but don't take any action because they don't know how to execute a plan against the problem, and then you have those that clearly have no idea of anything at all.

By the by, our elders at our hall are capable of dealing with the issue, so to throw all elders into the same basket is kinda silly.

Don't know why you voted down something that is true 🤔 unless you have something to say that would be much appreciated, 4jah2me.

@Space Merchant The thing is not everyone puts things into application. Like the example from a while back you mentioned to JTR and I about teaching child about strangers.

Application is a plus, there's no doubt in that and concerning child sex abuse is a problem, I cannot speak for others, but helping out does play a role in reducing it. I don't understand as to why 4jah2me gets aggy about something that is positive. Also people ARE like that when it comes to critical issues, even child sex abuse.

Those publications are just random examples, but I am sure people can find more information on jw.org, if not there, other available information found on the internet with a simple Google Search.

@Equivocation  You are over generalising. I didn't say SM had no idea about child abuse, i said he has no idea about how it has been dealt with in the CCJW.  I also said that he would actually have to be a JW to know how things are handled in the Org. 

I was a JW for 50 years so I do have a bit of knowledge about the Org. Plus I have some knowledge that I should not have, from people that should not tell me. As for Elders, they do as they are told from men higher up in the Org. 

Now as for SM going out into the 'world' and helping children, that is his choice. When i was a JW I was taught to be 'no part of the world' and not to mix with 'worldly' people... Hence I never had any 'worldly' friends, so never knew personally any 'worldly' situations. You have to know people well to be able to talk to them deeply about such personal things. SM is not a JW so his life is different. He seems to share his time between spiritual and physical things. JWs in England spend their time on spiritual matters and occasionally helping brothers and sisters, but not much of helping anyone outside the Org. As I am no longer a JW I have lost all those people that i had contact with. I won't call them friends as they obviously weren't, because they would not have shunned me if they were friends. So, due to this Covid-19 I stay home. I am lucky to have a lovely wife and a good son so I'm not alone. But as for going out into the world, no thank you. 

@4Jah2me Well amigo, if you scroll up, the discussion between you guys is clear. Going back to JTR, he is well aware, me even, of how people like him take child abuse in general, counting everything.

That is not true. Be it you are one of Jehovah's Witnesses or not, especially if you are someone who has been teaching children to fight against child sex abuse, you'd know. Child sex abuse is really a big problem around the world, this includes The United States of America where there is a type of culture that promotes pedophile like behavior and over sexualize children. I don't know how old you are, but in my case, I see it all the time in social media and the idea being promoted and embraced. Not sure if you are into social media tho.

Well that is your experience. Like what Spacey said, you will have some Jehovah's Witnesses that are not aware or even trained on child sex abuse so if a case does come up, they don't actually know how to handle it compared to those that do, and in my case, my congregation is a blessing because we not only worship Jehovah together, but we do everything we can to pass on lessons to be applied, likewise with the Latino culture. So our Elders and your elders, although the same faith, differ from each other when it comes to handling things. As for your experience, it isn't mine and if it was an negative one, sorry then, but I don't know how a lot of the people in your country do things.

Well from the day he challenged JTR and me, it was all Bible based when it comes to helping children, only about 5% was from protection services on helping children. Helping children does not mean going into the world, you really have to double check what being part of the world means. Anyways One thing he did point out is the abuser often target specific children, points on safeguarding was brought up, in short, knowing how to fight this problem you have to be knowledgeable. I figure this is the same case with the number of child abuse cases in Australia. Also What I said to you was not to disrespect you, but it is the common way people tend to me regarding problems, be it the gross sin we are talking about right this moment or other things like violence, confrontations, etc. For instance, if you, me, tom, spacey, and the others dealt with a child abuse situation, I can guarantee you that the outcome would be different for each of us, mainly if the abuser is extremely stuble with his actions unless you are aware of the signs such as constant gifting, grooming, etc of the child, the practice of keeping secrets between the abused and the abuser.

Well that depends, there are some Jehovah's Witnesses in your country that does help out. We don't ignore our neighbors, we do what we can to help them. But like I said, I cannot speak for everyone, and what Spacey brought up, it applies to them too because there's no telling how someone would respond to a situation and how yo handle it verses not knowing anything at all, so in a sense, a fight, freeze or flight type situation. So child sex abuse, some people, even some Jehovah's Witnesses, can deal with the problem in a correct manner whereas others can't, whether they know about abuse or not. What Spacey is pressing is Scripture based wisdom, which is indeed a weapon against child abuse. In my case, there are people who know about child abuse but are not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and they pass their wisdom to, others, if they want to know how to fight it, I simply give them information from a publication. It is up to the person on how they want to use the information and if they truly want to or are fighting to reduce child abuse in every pocket on the globe.

Well disfellowshipment does cut congregation ties, as for your family, that is a blessing, it is always a blessing to have people close to you. Well I don't know them, however, if you knew the Jehovah's Witnesses I knew, they would take the time to understand where you are coming from, granted, some Jehovah's Witnesses cannot do this verses those that can.

Well I am talking you lol, however, I can't really provide you with much other than what is being talked about, I'm a kid compared to all of guys here. You have every right to speak your mind about child abuse, however, like what Spacey pointed out you can do whatever you can to help out as well as confront child abuse in the right way. Looking at your comments, I don't know what happened at the Hall you were in but you are packing a jar of anger that stretches even outside of child abuse.

I only talk about child abuse when the subject is brought up, but since I am well aware of it and understand the signs and all that stuff as well as comfort people, that is what I can do, that is all I can do.

Errr.. What do you mean going out into the world? 🤔. To be no part of the world means to not participate in anything that involving Babylon, we have to maintain neutrality as to not take sides, i.e. Republican/Democrats and a list of other things. I don't see how you are getting thing idea, can you elaborate and be more clear about it please? Thanks.

• Similar Content

• By Isabella
      The federal government has given institutions named and shamed in the royal commission into child sexual abuse an extra eight years to sign up to the national redress scheme.
      It is the second time the deadline has been extended, this time until 2028, a transcript of the parliamentary inquiry into the operation of the scheme shows.
      An independent review of the scheme is due to be finished by the end of February which should canvass issues that include further ways to ensure institutions join the scheme.
      Of the 158 institutions mentioned at the royal commission, three have not flagged their intention to join.
      A further 16 have said they are intending to join but have not yet signed up, and there are 11 institutions that have been assessed as “unable to meet the legislative requirements”.
      The Jehovah’s Witnesses is the only national organisation to declare they will not be joining.
      Jehovah’s Witnesses abuse survivor and advocate Lara Kaput said it felt like the government was “buying themselves time” while they decide how to handle institutions who have not signed up.
      “There is no clear government strategy to make the Jehovah’s Witness leaders accountable that has been shared with survivors,” she said.
      Full article: 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By Witness
      "This is my first video. I'm not sure how many videos I will do. I hope to reach out to Jehovah's Witnesses and former JW's in the Missouri area. My reason to do these videos is not to hurt anyone but to bring awareness to the issues that face JW's that are in a high control group."
      Please, hear his words.  Elders are realizing that as "shepherds", compassion must be regulated according to men, and not according to the Bible.  

• By Isabella
      The 73-year-old was found guilty in the NSW Supreme Court in July of 20 offences relating to six Sydney events between February 1980 and July 1985.
      They included the shooting murder of Justice David Opas and the bomb-related murders of Pearl Watson, wife of Justice Raymond Watson, and Graham Wykes, who died in an explosion at a Jehovah's Witnesses hall.
      Graham Wykes died and 13 people were seriously injured when a bomb ripped apart the Jehovah's Witnesses hall. Congregation members had offered support to Warwick's ex-wife.
      Full article: 

• By CrownRoyalAD
      After much fanfare by opposition groups in hope of becoming a legal voice for victims of CSA in Australia? Governments are now reversing course to some Christians Church’s that were a target of overwhelming propaganda to its hierarchy.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. What will the outcry be, next? Who will the opposition groups blame next?
    • By Jack Ryan
      Yes. Let's draw a huge amount of attention to that which we don't want you to pay attention to. And let's do it in the most creepy, culty, and weird way as possible, because we can't take criticism and we just don't know how to handle it.
      Like the old saying goes... If your beliefs can't stand up to scrutiny, then scrutiny isn't the problem. This barricade makes it crystal clear, loud and clear, that their beliefs can't stand up to scrutiny.
      Imagine doing this same thing to them at their cart witnessing and how they would feel?
      They would call us inspired by the devil, mentally diseased etc.....
      Video of this kind of behavior could be interesting to governments that offer tax breaks, etc.
    • By Jack Ryan
      August 2019 update
      Coorparoo Kingdom Hall Camp Hill For Sale $1,150,000 Coorparoo congregation now attending New Farm Kingdom Hall

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Triabunna Kingdom Hall Tasmania For Sale $355,000 plus GST

• By Witness
      EXTRACT] Review of Current Records: 
      After discussing this letter as a body of elders, we would like the secretary along with the coordinator, or another assigned elder, to review what is currently in the congregation’s confidential file. They should examine the contents of all sealed envelopes in the file to confirm that they contain only the documents mentioned in the Shepherd book, chapter 22, paragraphs 22-23. The assigned elders should adhere to the direction in paragraph 26 when determining if the entire contents of the envelope should be destroyed. If the elders are not sure if a particular document needs to be retained, they should feel free to contact the Service Department for assistance.
      Please ensure that all records kept in the file are in harmony with what is outlined in the Shepherd book, chapter 22, and our comments above. Additionally, we ask that each elder check his personal computer, or hard copy files, and even his meeting bag, to ensure that no confidential correspondence is retained outside the congregation’s confidential file. We would like the secretary to confirm with each elder that this has been done.

• By The Librarian
      The photo dates from 1957, the horse and buggy from an earlier era. The Kingdom Hall Store was located in Burt St, Boulder, Australia

Via
    • Guest Indiana
      By Guest Indiana
      After enduring years of secrecy and betrayal, Shelly Rose Braieoux finally dug deep within herself and picked up the phone.
      Key points:
      Shelly Braieoux said Jehovah's Witnesses elders failed to face up to her abuse allegations She said she felt like God would strike her down when she cut ties with the church Her initial experiences with police and the legal system prompted her to study law Having grown up with parents who were strict Jehovah's Witnesses, she remembers being taught to fear outsiders.
      Making a report to the police, an elder told her, would "bring reproach" upon Jehovah's name.
      But she had something to say.
      Her father — a man who had forced her to carefully write out scriptures on a poster, and had forbidden her from wearing two bangles on her wrist — had inflicted violence and sexual abuse at home in the past.
      In the period after she cut ties with the church, Ms Braieoux said she felt like God was going to strike her down at any moment.
      But a voice on the other end of the line, that of Detective Senior Constable Natalie Bennett, offered her some genuine compassion.
      Read more: 
    • By The Librarian
      The photo dates from 1957 the horse and buggy from an earlier era. The Kingdom Hall Store was located in Burt St Boulder Australia
    • By Srecko Sostar
      Second link is G.J. testimony from August 14 2015 

• By The Librarian
      Heavy rains have caused severe flooding in Northeast Australia. Floods have displaced thousands of residents and have caused serious damage to property and power outages.

The Branch of Australasia reports that, as a result of the floods, 58 publishers of three congregations needed to move to family homes or other witnesses. A total of ten homes of our brothers were flooded, two of which were destroyed.

The Branch has set up a disaster relief committee, and the circuit overseer and local elders are supporting the affected publishers. We pray that our brothers and sisters continue to endure and be comforted under the care of these loving pastors. - 1 Peter 5:2.
    • By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      TIRED OF BEING MANIPULATED BY FAKE NEWS?
      VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION ... GET EDUCATED ABOUT WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON AROUND YOU!

With Case Study 54 only a few days away, THIS FRIDAY (AUSTRALIAN TIME) MARCH 10, 2017 (You do the math for local time...) a lot of discussion has been circulating as to exactly what we can expect when Watchtower appears once again before the Australian Royal Commission.
      I’ve decided to chip in a few observations here to help set expectations and to contribute to the discussions as best I’m able. So without further ado, let’s quickly run through what we know:

What exactly will be discussed?   According to the Commission website, the scope of the study is as follows
      1.      The current policies and procedures of Jehovah’s Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd in relation to child protection and child-safe standards, including responding to allegations of child sexual abuse.
      2.      Factors that may have contributed to the occurrence of child sexual abuse at Jehovah’s Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd institutions.
      3.      Factors that may have affected the institutional response of Jehovah’s Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to child sexual abuse.
      4.      The responses of Jehovah’s Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to relevant case study report(s) and other Royal Commission reports.
      5.      Any related matters.
      The purpose of this public hearing is not to inquire into individual sets of facts or particular events as has occurred in previous Royal Commission case studies.
      Why does the Case Study 54 hearing appear to be only one day long?   This may appear at first glance to be a surprise. How can a single day of testimony possibly be enough to cover the vast and complex issue of Watchtower’s child abuse scandal?

Well, remember that Case Study 54 isn’t a fact finding mission. That was Case Study 29. The Commission spent days digging and interviewing, and Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. . As far as the Commission is concerned, the facts are in. There is no further debate. Case Study 54 is tasked purely with a quick review of those facts and then with publicly asking Watchtower what is has done to address the damning failures identified in Case Study 29.
      Remember what Justice McClellan said to Watchtower’s legal team? That they were going to come back to Watchtower and publicly ask them what had been done to address the issues?
      That’s what this is.

So what has Watchtower done in the 21 months since Case Study 29?   As far as I am aware, the only potential effort from  Watchtower to address any of the concerns raised in the Royal Commission has been to no longer require an abuse survivor to confront their attacker. However, it was not clear from testimony if this practice had actually been halted before the Commission sat. Watchtower seemed to insist in testimony that it was, but their documentation did not reflect this.
      Thus one cannot say with certainty that even this potential change has come as a result of the Commission report.

So Watchtower is going to stand before the Commission, after 21 months, and basically say they’ve done nothing at all?   I have no idea.

I mean, that would be the honest thing to do, but remember how slippery and devious Watchtower was in Case Study 29, with senior Watchtower officials like Rodney Spinks, Terrence O’Brain and Governing Body Member Geoffrey Jackson attempted to mislead and outright lie to the Commission on multiple occasions. As far as I can see, Watchtower has three options

Admit they’ve done nothing and that they don’t intend to for religious reasons, and turn the whole thing into an issue of religious freedom.   Try to stall and muddy the waters by saying they’ve not had enough time, that they have no authority to make the changes required without Brooklyn agreement, knowing full well that Brooklyn is beyond the reach of the Commission. The idea here would be to stall until the day is over, then slink away and wait, knowing no further testimony is required.   Dive full into another round of misleading doublespeak and outright lies to try and pull the wool over the Commission’s eyes. Which one will they pick? Again I have no idea. Judging from Watchtower’s jaw-dropping legal incompetence in Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. and in the recent Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. , it’s very hard to predict their strategy. It seems to have no rhyme or reason, but keep in mind three things.

The men in charge of Watchtower are firstly very deluded. They genuinely think they are defending God’s organization against Satanic and apostate attack, and feel that compromise will be a victory for Satan.   The men in charge of Watchtower are very out of touch with real life, spending all their days in a world where you don’t question Watchtower or those who run it, and now they’ve risen to the top. Their word is law. Odds are that no-one has told Anthony Morris III that his ideas are stupid for a very long time. They have no idea how to handle the kind of environment the Royal Commission brings to the table. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. , where Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. was proof of that.   The men in charge of Watchtower are caught between being honest with a Commission that has all of their dirty little secrets on the one hand, and playing to the growing audience of JW’s who they know WILL find out about March 10th one way or the other. They have to both be as compliant as possible to the Commission whilst also appearing to be steadfast and unmovable to the Witnesses who will end up seeing the testimony on YouTube.   So delusion, seclusion, and public relations are all going to crash into once horrible mess as they did in Case Study 29 and as a result I have no idea what Watchtower will do on Friday.

We  hope to preserve the live steam video for future reference as the Commission does not archive or make this video available once the live stream is over. However, technical gremlins are always a factor so if you have the ability to record the live stream, it would be a great idea to do so as well. The more people do this, the less chance of this footage being lost forever.

Lastly we will of course be following up with articles on the day, giving you a more detailed analysis of what has transpired.
      Get your popcorn (and your coffee if you’re staying up late) and lets all observe the car crash together!
      And one last thing: if it is safe for you to do so, please tell as many Jehovah’s Witnesses as you can about the events on March 10th. Their children are at risk and they don’t even know it. They may choose not to look up the Case Study, but simply being aware that it exists is the first step in raising awareness that the Governing Body is not being honest with them about the international scandal of child abuse inside the Watchtower organization.
      (edited for political correctness and other stuff ...) JTR

• By Jack Ryan
      The Jehovah's Witness Church in Australia failed to protect children in its care from sexual predators, a report has found.
      The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse delivered its report into the organisation on Monday.
      It stated that: "Children are not adequately protected from the risk of child sexual abuse in the Jehovah's Witness organisation and [the commission] does not believe the organisation responds adequately to allegations of child sexual abuse."
      Survivors of sexual abuse within the church and senior church members appeared before a public hearing last year.
      The inquiry heard the church received allegations ofHello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. over a 60-year period but did not report a single claim to police.
      In its report on the inquiry, the royal commission found that the organisation's general practice of "not reporting serious instances of child sexual abuse to police or authorities, demonstrated a serious failure on its part to provide for the safety and protection of children."
      The royal commission determined that the church's response to allegations of child sexual abuse were outdated, including a rule that there must be two witnesses to an incident, which "showed a serious lack of understanding of the nature of child sexual abuse".
      "It noted the rule, which the Jehovah's Witness organisation relies on, and applies inflexibly even in the context of child sexual abuse, was devised more than 2000 years ago," the report found.

Royal commission chairman Justice Peter McClellan. Photo: Jeremy Piper
      The Jehovah's Witnesses approach to handling claims internally was not appropriate for children or survivors of sexual abuse, the report found.
      "Survivors are offered little or no choice in how their complaint is addressed, sanctions are weak with little regard to the risk of the perpetrator re-offending."
      The head of the Jehovah's Witness community's service desk, Rodney Spinks, is considering the report and is expected respond on Monday afternoon.
    • By Jack Ryan
      Since podcast is very long, the topic of CSA starts at 2:04 minute.

Watchtower's refusal to join the Redress Scheme and the fact that they haven’t acknowledged or apologized to JehovahÂ’s Witness child sexual abuse victims | Mornings with Jon Faine | ABC Radio, Australia

• By Jack Ryan
      The Royal Commission in Australia brought forth the fact that JW Elders never called the police on pedophiles in over 55 years. Not even in instances where the abuser were the parents or immediate family members.
    • By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      (New news ....)  A MONTANA Judge Orders Jehovah’s Witnesses to Turn Over Internal Documents Related to Childhood Sexual Abuse
      April 12, 2018

On April 5, 2018, Judge James Manley of Sanders County, Montana ordered the Jehovah’s Witnesses religious organization to produce documents and testimony related to internal reports and investigations into the childhood sexual abuse of NPR’s two clients.

In this case, the two Plaintiffs were sexually abused as children by a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. The Elders in the local Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Thompson Falls, Montana were aware of the abuse and failed to report it to the police, choosing instead to handle the reports and investigations internally pursuant to Jehovah’s Witness guidelines. Their decision not to report the abuse to authorities allowed the perpetrator to remain in the congregation and continue to abuse one of the Plaintiffs.

Throughout this case, and similar childhood sexual abuse cases across the country, the Jehovah’s Witnesses have refused to produce documents related to their internal handling of reports of sexual abuse and related investigations and disciplinary actions claiming that the information is protected by the clergy-penitent privilege and the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Through briefing to the court, NPR convinced the Judge that Defendants’ privilege claims were unsupported and improper under the law. The Court agreed that Defendants could not blanket everything related to their investigations in secrecy and that they must turn it over to the Plaintiffs. Often, this is the very evidence that can win or lose a case like this against a religious institution.

The case of Nunez, et al. v. Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, et al.  is set to go to trial in September of 2018.
      The plaintiffs in this case are represented by NPR partner D. Neil Smith and associate Ross E. Leonoudakis.

----------------------------------------------------------
      A Jury of 12 held in public view ... or a tribunal of three held in complete secrecy.
      Which would YOU choose,  to get Justice?

• By Jack Ryan
      Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. Watchtower leadership in Australia testify
    • By Jack Ryan
      All Exhibits for Case Study 54, Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower, have been released by the ARC.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. EXHIBIT LIST
      Joint Statement of O'Brien and Spinks Child Protection Guidelines for Branch Office Service Desk Child Safeguarding Policy of Jehovah's Witnesses in Australia (draft version as presented to ARC) Legal Guidelines on Reporting Obligations (State-by-State) Correspondence between Watchtower and Governing Body Summons to Produce Watchtower body of elders letter Watchtower response to ARC plus more.
      From page 3:
      Child pornography: Showing pornography to a minor is considered to be child sexual abuse. Although viewing child pornography is not considered to be child sexual abuse, it is still a serious violation of Jehovah’s standards. A person in-volved in viewing child pornography should be strongly counseled. Depending on the frequency and the extent of his viewing, he could be subject to congregation judicial action. In such cases, the Service Department may decide that branch-imposed restrictions are warranted.—See the April 10, 2012, letter to all bodies of elders
      I will allude to the April 10th 2012 letter to elders that made a distinction between regular porn and "abhorrent" pornography:
      He may continue to serve if his involvement consisted of (1) a few brief viewings, (2) he displays a heartfelt desire to desist from looking at pornography in any form, (3) the elders are convinced that he will refrain from viewing pornography, (4) he continues to retain the respect of others who are aware of what he did, and (5) his conscience allows him to do so.
      An entrenched practice of viewing, perhaps over a considerable period of time, abhorrent forms of pornography that is sexually degrading. Such pornography may include homosexuality (sex between those of the same gender), group sex, bestiality, sadistic torture, bondage, gang rape, the brutalizing of women, or child pornography. Brazen conduct would be involved if the offender was promoting such material, such as by inviting others to view it, thus giving evidence of a brazen attitude. — w12 3/15 pp. 30-31; w06 7/15 p. 31.
      Thererefore, viewing pornography escalates to gross uncleanness if the type of pornography viewed was abhorrent or sexually degrading in nature, as described in the second example above. An additional factor to be considered would be if it were a practice for "many years." As a general principle, when these elements are present, a judicial committee would need to handle the matter. At Ephesians 4:19 Paul stated: "Having come to be past all moral sense, they gave themselves over to loose conduct to work uncleanness of every sort with greediness." (Gal. 5: 19; w83 3/15 p. 31 par. 3) When an individual has 'given himself over' to this unclean practice as evidenced by his repeatedly viewing abhorrent pornography, the matter has escalated to gross uncleanness and needs to be handled judicially. — w06 711 5 pp. 29-3 1.
    • Guest Kurt
      By Guest Kurt