The World News Media

Was Satan the Devil already Released from the Abyss?

Arauna

12 hours ago, Witness said:

That's because he has been released.  

So can you give me a date or time period when he was released because I do not recall a period in human history when there was calm and tranquility on the earth...… with him being bound up and all....

• Views 1.3k
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Arauna said:

So can you give me a date or time period when he was released because I do not recall a period in human history when there was calm and tranquility on the earth...… with him being bound up and all....

I explained how Satan was "bound" in the abyss. I hope that made sense to someone.

How does the “law go out from Zion?”  Is it through an earthly organization, or is it through the Temple of God, whose members are “living stones”?   (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17)

Isa 2:2,3  "In the last days

the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established
    as the highest of the mountains;
it will be exalted above the hills,
    and all nations will stream to it.

Many peoples will come and say,

‘Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
    to the temple of the God of Jacob.

He will teach us his ways,
    so that we may walk in his paths.’
The law will go out from Zion,
    the word of the Lord from Jerusalem."  

Can you distinguish the difference?  Simply because the anointed are in an earthly organization does not mean the organization is blessed by God.  He has already established HIS organization – HIS arrangement – HIS administration -  in Christ, in the first century.  It is that Temple built with “living stones”, that is God’s administration.  It is that temple built on the apostles and Jesus Christ. (Eph 2:20-22) Should it be replaced by men creating their own “unique idea”?

Your organization is not built on the apostles and Jesus Christ.  It can’t even be said it is built on “truth”, as the record clearly shows it isn’t.  Your organization is built with false ideas and money.  Your beloved organization, is a counterfeit.

If you say, the organization is where the law of God will go out, you have been deceived; you are blinded of the truth.  The organization has committed gross sins against those within it, and those outside of it. 

So, when was the “birth” of this organization?  When did the WT become “Jehovah’s organization”? What happened in 1914?  By determining that, you will see when Satan was let loose to deceive and surround the “camp of the saints”.

How do you think Satan attacks the woman’s seed in the last days? And do you really think he will do this TWICE?  (Rev 12:17; 20:9,7,8; 16:14,16)

9 hours ago, Witness said:

explained how Satan was "bound" in the abyss. I hope that made sense to someone.

No - I do not think so because if Satan was bound in the abyss there would be peace on earth - the scripture in revelation says that he would not be able to mislead any of the people on earth..... .  Please give the period you think he was bound in the abyss.

8 hours ago, Arauna said:

No - I do not think so because if Satan was bound in the abyss there would be peace on earth - the scripture in revelation says that he would not be able to mislead any of the people on earth..... .  Please give the period you think he was bound in the abyss.

You never did any research on the meaning of Hades, Sheol, and the abyss.  You are satisfied in believing what men tell you without solid scriptural proof.  That is voluntary blindness, Arauna.  

Again, who was in the abyss when Jesus preached to them after his physical death?  They were spirits who had sinned, who were “in prison” or bound in the abyss; and spiritually “dead” in their trespasses, just as a physical person can be “dead”, living in their sins.  (1 Pet 3:19,20; Jude 1:6; Eph 2:1)

The chains that Satan was bound with, were spiritual chains that veiled his perceptive thought process.  He was prevented from misleading the anointed with deceit. That’s what it’s all about, Arauna; it is the war against Christ’s seed and the seed of Satan, culminating in Armageddon. Gen 3:15

Why would this war re-surge once again after Armageddon?  Armageddon settles it, once and for all.  (Joel 3)  

The restriction placed on Satan's thought process, changed when he was released from “not perceiving” how to accomplish destroying the anointed.  But he was still able to cause trouble to the rest of the world while in this mental restricted state.  To the anointed who lived during his time of “not perceiving”, Satan could test them as he demanded that they be.  Yet Jesus said to the faithful,  

“I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.”  Luke 10:19

It doesn’t mean that they had to let down their guard against him.  Maintaining their faith took constant alertness.  And, through their faith, they were not taken “captive by empty philosophy”.  Col 1:18

But they didn't experience a sweeping form of deception - a plan, that captured all anointed into once place – the organization.   (Rev 13:10)

And another "again"; what is released from the abyss that your deceiving organization terms as the anointed ones?  Yet in Joel 2 they call an army that comes against God's people?  It is the locust-scorpions, who persecute “those who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads”.  (Rev 9:4; 7:4)  

Why would the anointed priesthood persecute their own brothers in Christ?  They are the ones who receive a “seal of God” on their foreheads, but only if found refined and faithful.  Can they allow false teachings to settle in their heart and still receive the seal of God? No.  Can they receive not only God’ seal, but the seal of an organization – a deceptive Beast that gladly shuts up all dissenters by judgment as “dead”?  Rev 13:15  

What “tramples” the Temple of God?  The “man of lawlessness” that “sits”/rules over the anointed in the organization.  (2 Thess 2:3,4;  Rev 11:1,2) THEY are the locust-scorpions who have replaced God’ priesthood. They have allowed the enemy to overcome them.

"It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. "  Rev 13:7

Yes, Satan is out, employing his greatest deception over God’s priesthood/saints/holy people, and all JWs, through the mouths of false prophets.  Rev 13:11,12; Rev 16:12-16  He was "abyssed" from instigating this plan on the last anointed in Christ, in the first century. That is when the symbolic "thousand years" began. 

There is no other deception to come, once this is settled.

The messenger God sends in Malachi 3, is to the “sons of Levi” – the Levitical priesthood. (1 Pet 2:5,9) They must be refined from their sins of idolatry toward an organization; of their ignorance of God’s Temple, and their rejection of Christ as their head by accepting instead, the headship of men who commit sin and all JWs tolerate it.

" He will act like a refiner and a purifier of silver. He will purify Levi’s sons and refine them like gold and silver. Then they will bring acceptable offerings to the Lord. 4 The offerings from Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasing to the Lord as in the past, as in years long ago.

5 “I will come to judge you. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers, lying witnesses, and those who cheat workers out of their wages and oppress widows and orphans. I will also testify against those who deprive foreigners of their rights. None of them fear me,” says the Lord of Armies."  Mal 3:3-5

It is true, in the organization of "peace and security", no one fears the judgement of God, to come upon  His people.  You believe it will be judgment against those on the outside, and not  where His anointed priesthood exists.     1 Thess 5:3

https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2017/03/when-was-satan-and-demons-put-in-abyss.html

On 7/20/2020 at 4:19 PM, Arauna said:

After this they will be released for a short while after the 1000 years for their final chance to mislead those who want to follow their own desires.

I'm just borrowing your quote, not necessarily directing my comment to you.

In this video ,”Gog of Magog” is mentioned as coming against JWs or “God’s people” during Armageddon, since apparently by that time, no other religion will be in existence.  So, JWs are basically surrounded by "Gog of Magog".  It then mentions, the thousand-year reign of Christ begins. 

Geoffrey Jackson states, “that destruction of the wicked will usher in the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ. After the final test at the end of the thousand years, what will be the situation…?”

He doesn’t say how that final test will come about.  It must be a surprise for JWs to find out…in time!

But really, how could he dare mention it, when God’s Word says,

“Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.”  Rev 20:7-10 

Hmmm.  Maybe the GB really believe that the "thousand years" has ended, and Satan has been let loose out of the abyss to deceive God's saints. 

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand."  Matt 24:23,24

I can't link the video successfully, but it can be found under "Programs and Events", the Annual Meeting for 2018, where Geoffrey Jackson gives his part.  

10 hours ago, Witness said:

Again, who was in the abyss when Jesus preached to them after his physical death? 

They were NOT in the abyss - they were in TARTARUS my dear!  AND I DO NOT MEAN THE TARTARUS FROM GREEK LEGEND. YOU are the false teacher!  You do not know the basics that most JWs are taught in the first year of study.  I have known this from my first year of study. 

That is why you do not believe that Jesus put his soul in death! - READ Isaiah 53.  this is the dreaded scripture which Jews avoid because it is a prophecy about Jehovah putting the soul of Jesus in death.  He did not just die a 'physical' death as you indicate above.  You do not even understand the ransom.  You are not fit to teach a beginner JW - they will know more than you..... And you were angry with the GB because they would not allow you to teach in the congregations!!   I should hope not!

11 hours ago, Arauna said:

It is not a surprise for JWs  because we READ and STUDY revelation 20.  We do not make up our own narrative as we go along. 

Revelation only gives one account of the appearance of Gog and Magog.  Geoffrey Jackson says this happens during Armageddon.  That means, it cannot happen after Armageddon and into the Kingdom of God. Gog and Magog do not appear twice.  So, he has made up his own narrative by saying another "test" will arrive after Armageddon.  And all JWs should be challenging his teaching.

10 hours ago, Arauna said:

They were NOT in the abyss - they were in TARTARUS my dear!  AND I DO NOT MEAN THE TARTARUS FROM GREEK LEGEND.

"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water." 1 Pet 3:18-20

or, “ ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”  Rom 10:7

“For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to [b]hell (“Tartarus”)  and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly”   2 Pet 2:4-5

αρταρόω tartaróō, tar-tar-o'-o; from Τάρταρος Tártaros (the deepest abyss of Hades)

“Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his handHe laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished.”  Rev 20:1-3

“Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison  Rev 20:7

They are one in the same.   

You must be suffering some confusion about "hell" being translated as "Tartarus", since your doctrine says, it is the "common grave of mankind".  When Jesus died, he was in the abyss as Paul brought out - the "bottomless pit" of darkness.

11 hours ago, Arauna said:

just as Jehovah had the right to test adam and eve he has the right to test EVERYONE as a perfect person. Jehovah is the ultimate sovereign and he decides his plan..... we obey. 

Wow. To think that a God of love is the source of wicked testing.  

God is not the source of testing.  Remember, he warned Adam and Eve about resisting the “forbidden fruit”.  He gave them free will to choose.  It is Satan who desires to destroy all life, who is the source of our tests.  He was that “tree of knowledge.”

“Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and He himself tempts no one.”  James 1:13

10 hours ago, Arauna said:

YOU are the false teacher!

Since God always warns us of impending disaster for our actions, in your “thousand years” to come, will He warn you of Satan’s deceitful “test” that you will face?  Since you believe this test will arrive long into the Kingdom, then there should be warning about its happening.  I only see warning in the scriptures about Satan's final test happening now.

Should I call you a false teacher for saying that God is the source of our testing?  Well, that's debatable.  I know you are influenced by false teachers, but as Jesus warns all of us - 

"For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”  Matt 12:37

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.