The World News Media

U.S. sanctions Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam for carrying out Chinese ‘policies of suppression’

admin

The Trump administration will impose a fresh round of sanctions on 11 individuals, including Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam, as tensions between the United States and China accelerate.

The Treasury Department designated Lam for her role in overseeing and “implementing Beijing’s policies of suppression of freedom and democratic processes.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/07/us-sanctions-hong-kong-leader-carrie-lam.html

200.gif

• 3 months later...

• Views 1k
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Trump administration will impose a fresh round of sanctions on 11 individuals, including Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam, as tensions between the United States and China accelerate. The Treasury

'I have piles of cash at home... I don't have a bank account,' says Hong Kong's Carrie Lam after US sanctions

----------------------------------------------------------

Chief Executive Carrie Lam has said that she has been forced to keep piles of cash around her home after she was sanctioned by the US. In an interview published on Friday, Lam told the Hong Kong International Business Channel that she was a leader "Who has no banking services made available to her."

"I'm using cash every day. I have piles of cash at home - the government is paying me cash for my salary because I don't have a bank account."

In October, the US Treasury Department added 11 people to its blacklist of "Specially Designated Nationals" including Lam.

https://hongkongfp.com/2020/11/27/i-have-piles-of-cash-at-home-i-dont-have-a-bank-account-says-hong-kongs-carrie-lam-after-us-sanctions/

Money Win GIF by Slotomania Official