The World News Media

Alright, What’s Going on Here?

TrueTomHarley

When Anderson Cooper interviewed Jakob Blake’s dad, the latter answered a question with ‘Some people like Brussel sprouts.’ Anderson was flummoxed over this answer and when he pressed the dad, the dad explained that he hated Brussel sprouts—which also flummoxed Anderson.

This only registers because about two weeks ago on my blog, someone answered with a similar reply about food choices.

This only registers because @The Librarian(that old hen) has at times thrown in a complete non-sequitor about “I love pizza” or ‘I love tacos.’

Am I looking at a new evolution in memes and language? 

When the old hen does it, I think she is being snarky about those who destroy the order of her library by throwing any irrelevant remark into one of her threads—Dewey Decimal System be d**ned. I have no idea what the fellow on my blog is doing—does he just lurk here, too, and he is playfully imitating the Librarian. (Gasp! Don’t tell me it IS the Librarian—naw, I don’t think so (but you never know))

But there is no way on God’s green earth that Jakob’s dad is reading my blog. Why does he say what he does to Anderson about Brussel sprouts? Does he do it to say to Anderson: “I’d appreciate it if you’d stay on some topic that’s meaningful?”

[edit: I put this on my own blog as well, after working it up more, after watching some of Anderson’s interview. Even linked back here to the Library.] 

• Views 414
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is an interesting way of pointing out instantly how you feel about subject being unrelated without having to say "I think this is not relevant to what we are discussing" Now that I think about

When Anderson Cooper interviewed Jakob Blake’s dad, the latter answered a question with ‘Some people like Brussel sprouts.’ Anderson was flummoxed over this answer and when he pressed the dad, the dad

Isn't it just a way of saying 'Everybody is different'.  Actually i love Brussel sprouts but my son will only eat two on a meal and that is only to please his mum. 

It is an interesting way of pointing out instantly how you feel about subject being unrelated without having to say "I think this is not relevant to what we are discussing"

Now that I think about it... it would probably be better to just say that rather than making the harsher point... especially on national television.