The World News Media

Queensland passes law to jail priests for not reporting confessions of child sexual abuse

Witness

Representing the royal priesthood are appointed elders, who serve in positions of responsibility in congregations of Jehovah’s people around the earth. These men deserve our respect and wholehearted support, whether they are of the anointed or not. Why? Because, through his holy spirit, Jehovah has appointed the older men to their positions.

Rather than challenge their authority, we truly appreciate our hardworking elders!  W02/8/1 pp 9-14”

With representation of God’s priests, comes apparent authority.  It is interesting that God would bless this non-biblical position, since nowhere in the Bible does scripture say God would allow His priests to be represented or replaced.

But then, do JWs care what God thinks?  I wonder.

“The Lord said to Aaron, “You, your sons and your family are to bear the responsibility for offenses connected with the sanctuary, and you and your sons alone are to bear the responsibility for offenses connected with the priesthood.

You are to be responsible for the care of the sanctuary and the altar, so that my wrath will not fall on the Israelites again. I myself have selected your fellow Levites from among the Israelites as a gift to you, dedicated to the Lord to do the work at the tent of meeting. But only you and your sons may serve as priests in connection with everything at the altar and inside the curtain. I am giving you the service of the priesthood as a gift. Anyone else who comes near the sanctuary is to be put to death.”  Num 18:1,5-7

Since the anointed are the sanctuary Temple/House of God, the GB has allowed others  (“Gentiles”) to come “near the sanctuary”, and act as God’s priests.  Elders “sit” – rule with authority – over/in,  the Temple of God.  2 Thess 2:3,4; 1 Cor 3:16,17; 1 Pet 2:5,9; Eph 2:20-22; Rev 13:5-7

The Lord said to Moses, “Bring the tribe of Levi and present them to Aaron the priest to assist him. They are to perform duties for him and for the whole community at the tent of meeting by doing the work of the tabernacle

“Appoint Aaron and his sons to serve as priests; anyone else who approaches the sanctuary is to be put to death.” Num 3:6,10

Will Queensland challenge the authority of the elder body? Should we let Queensland know who are the acting priests of the WT?

Will the elder body back down and refuse to be called “priests” when they are confronted by their actions of not reporting child abuse, and the promise of jail time looms before them?  Or, for “Jehovah’s organization” will they do their time in jail, instead of obeying the laws? 

Every JW should challenge the authority of the elder body over them.  It is lawlessness. 

“His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation. 32 With flattery he will corrupt those who have violated the covenant, but the people who know their God will firmly resist him.” Dan 11:31,32

Priests in Queensland will now be compelled to break the seal of confession to report child sexual abuse or face three years in jail.

Key points:

• The law was passed with the support of the Opposition
  • It enacts a recommendation of the child sexual abuse royal commission
  • Police Minister Mark Ryan says it will help protect vulnerable children

New laws passed through Queensland Parliament will force members of the clergy to report known or suspected cases of abuse to police.

The legislation means religious institutions and their members are no longer able to use the sanctity of confessional as a defence or excuse in child sex abuse matters.

Police Minister Mark Ryan said the laws would ensure better protection for vulnerable children.

"The requirement and quite frankly the moral obligation to report concerning behaviours towards children applies to everyone everyone in this community," he said.

"No one group or occupation is being singled out.

The laws apply to information received from now, even if it relates to abuse that occurred in the past.

The law was supported by the Opposition.

'They will go to jail before obeying'

But One Nation MP Stephen Andrew said it set a dangerous precedent for religious leaders.

"The bill poses a real danger for public trust and cohesion in our community," Mr Andrew said.

Archbishop of Brisbane Mark Coleridge gestures with his hand while taking questions about child abuse in the Catholic church
Archbishop Mark Coleridge argues the new law won't improve child safety.(ABC News: Lincoln Rothall)

"Many priests and bishops have publicly stated that they will go to jail before obeying these laws.

"How confident can the people of Queensland be that they live in a free and open democracy governed by the rule of law, where the state jails its bishops?"

Members of the Catholic Church in Queensland have previously voiced their opposition to the laws.

Earlier this year, Brisbane Catholic Archbishop Mark Coleridge told the ABC he believed breaking the confessional seal would "not make a difference to the safety of young people".

'It's about morality'

Hetty Johnston from the child protection group Bravehearts expressed her support for the new laws.

"I don't think there is enough jail time in the world that would replace a child's innocence … what sort of punishment is suitable for someone who would allow that to happen?

"So I don't know that it's about time, it's about morality."

The laws enact recommendations of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.

The passing of the law also coincides with Queensland child protection week.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-08/queensland-law-jail-priests-not-reporting-child-sex-confessions/12642144

"Trample" - How Does it Happen?  https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2013/09/trample-how-does-it-happen.html

• Views 731
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Representing the royal priesthood are appointed elders, who serve in positions of responsibility in congregations of Jehovah’s people around the earth. These men deserve our respect and wholehearted

No doubt in Jesus’ day, the nations far and wide committed heinous atrocities.  But Jesus appeared to his people under covenant with God.  He didn’t concern himself with people of the nations, since G

I didn't bother to read all of @Arauna's rant because she was only making excuses for the Paedophiles in the CCJW and the dishonesty of the GB in withholding information from the American courts and a

Question: Is it really about MORALITY or are they going after all christian religions? .....to create a false impression of morality and the false impression they are trying to hold some people accountable.  This question is valid since we are aware that the largest child sex trafficking rings have high up government officials, lawyers, judges, child services and other social services involved in the trafficking - even top charity foundations.  And this is only the tip of the iceberg because the world is under Satan's control.

Sweet deals are given to top government officials (or rich people) of which Epstein and prince Andrew have become the only two faces. Ms Maxwell is awaiting trial but it seems that the previous immunity given her by the sweet deal done in 2007 may hold up in court - or she may also be suicided - so that the other high up officials are not exposed.  Time will tell. Ordinary people are desperate to see some justice done.... even though they do not realize the entire justice system in the world is now rotten and compromised. Top officials tell low down honest cops to leave cases alone!  I follow court cases and see the results of people being harassed by law (they lose all their money in order to fight manufactured  charges) .....and others (with the right connections) who get scot-free after having perpetrated heinous deeds......  It reminds me of the justice in Israel before Jehovah allowed them to go into exile.  Listened to a guy yesterday who spoke out about Epstein's money schemes - he worked for secret services.  His own charges were also "disappeared"  because he was implicated in Epstein's schemes   .......and was let off.   One can do heinous things if you are a security asset. 

Hollywood and media is rotten with it too! A few ex-child stars have spoken out. But money and power speaks and protects..... it is also WHO you know that is busy with the same despicable deeds in secret who can cover up for you. BBC itself was racked with scandals which are only now seeing the light and the perpetrators got away with it because they are well-known faces.  This will only be sorted out completely when Jehovah brings all things which were done in secret into the open when he is the judge.

UK police ignore the Muslim gangs raping children but prosecute Christians.  In UK there is a big public controversy at present in the public domain because the Muslims want a BBC documentary banned. It has only aired once. The  BBC documentary (took 11 months of under cover work and interviews) was aired last week which exposed the Muslim Clerics marrying 9 - 16 year old girls for a few hours to old men (pleasure marriages where the father receives money for pimping his daughter - and which is common practice in Shia Islam).  Clerics give legal marriage documents for only a few hours, days or months and when the contract is over the girl goes back to her father....... he literally acts as a pimp.   The man can treat her any way he likes.  If he sodomizes her and does not break her virginity then the price is less. 

I studied with a woman who told me that young girls do fall pregnant and the babies are aborted. Another thing going on is prostitution.  When a Muslim man in anger cries out divorce three times - the wife is divorced.  She can only go back to her husband ( according to sharia law) AFTER she has slept with someone else...... (This happened because the prophet changed the law after sleeping with his adopted son's wife.... and sent her back to his son.)  So married women have to pay another man a lot of money to sleep with her, or have the service provided by a cleric.....and most of the women are forced into this - they do not want to do it.  Why is this not exposed more?  

That sounds very moral to you I am sure!     I wonder why you do not use your energies to go after the real crimes but pick on the easy ones to humiliate.   I am not apologizing for the Catholics but I clearly see that jewish priests and imams are not prosecuted because they are a protected minority.  They CANNOT be seen as predators or racist..... no they are innocent little lambs according to the new worldly way of thinking. if one speaks against these things in UK you can get a 6 year prison sentence.   Only the Christian sexual crimes are highlighted.   Do you not think that Satan is behind the hate for all Christians? ... even if they are false Christians?  

Jesus did not fix all the problems while on earth.  He kept Jehovah's laws perfectly and by his integrity proved that Jehovah's way of ruling is righteous.  Similarly - JWs try to live lives of integrity.  The odd person perpetrates a very wicked crime which cannot always be proven....  but there is a promise that |Jehovah will expose every hidden thing.

I didn't bother to read all of @Arauna's rant because she was only making excuses for the Paedophiles in the CCJW and the dishonesty of the GB in withholding information from the American courts and authorities.  Her first sentence said it all really. 

Question: Is it really about MORALITY or are they going after all christian religions? 

The answer is that they are going after Paedophiles so that CHILDREN can be protected. And obviously the GB and most JWs think more of the Organisation than they do about God, Christ and children.  The Superior Authorities were put in place by God and this scripture is quite clear about it. 

Romans 13 v 1 through 4. 

Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.  Therefore, whoever opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God;  those who have taken a stand against it will bring judgment against themselves.  For those rulers are an object of fear, not to the good deed, but to the bad.  Do you want to be free of fear of the authority? Keep doing good, and you will have praise from it;  for it is God’s minister to you for your good. But if you are doing what is bad, be in fear, for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword. It is God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath against the one practicing what is bad.

It is so sad when JWs, including the GB,  disobey God deliberately, just to protect an organisation. 

14 hours ago, Arauna said:

I wonder why you do not use your energies to go after the real crimes but pick on the easy ones to humiliate. 

No doubt in Jesus’ day, the nations far and wide committed heinous atrocities.  But Jesus appeared to his people under covenant with God.  He didn’t concern himself with people of the nations, since God judges each person in righteousness, according to the circumstances they live in; according to their heart.

God’s focus has always been with His people, Israel, and those in direct contact with them who may have joined them, or whom Israel was influenced by.  So, Jesus’ reason for appearing, was as a “messenger”/”prophet”/Son of God/fulfilled promise of the firstborn of Abraham’s seed – Son of man.  He came to the “lost sheep of Israel”.  Matt 15:24  Later, the good news was opened to the Gentiles and “Israel” came to include people from all nations.  (Rom 9:6-8)

God has a people under covenant today – spiritual “Israel” – His anointed priesthood and "living stones" of the Temple of God.  (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22)  The remaining "stones" today, reside under the rule of modern-day Pharisees.  They are the first on the list to receive God’s attention, and along with them, those in their companionship.  While you look elsewhere, and condemn the nations not under covenant with God, you fail to see the heinous crimes committed by the organization, where “Israel” is found. You fail to take these sins seriously.   God’s holy people under covenant are His royal priesthood. 1 Pet 2:5,9  They have transgressed His covenant by tolerating the Temple – themselves - to be “trampled” by a corrupt duel power over them – the GB and the “Gentile” elder body. (Matt 24:15; Mark 13:14; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2)

JWs take it for granted that God will be soft on His people who may have committed the same crime found among nations in the world.  God is never “soft” when it comes to ignoring His decrees, which includes the “laws” of His Temple.   (Ezek 43:11)  He expects His priesthood to live by them, not to make other decrees as the Pharisees were known for; and now what the GB are known for.  (Mark 7:7)

God will judge all people of all nations on the earth, in a righteous manner.  But, should that be your concern, or shouldn’t your concern be what is happening where you “live” – where “Israel” resides?  Since you cannot see it, or care to absorb the seriousness of it…since JWs have glazed their eyes over and tolerate the many sins among them…

…from pedophilia, unrighteous disfellowshipping, shunning, extortion, the trampling down of God’s holy people, and veneration to an organization/idol…

…they most certainly live in a false sense of morality, in pride, arrogance, and a false “peace and security”.  (1 Thess 5:3)  God’s people are blind to their own sins, as Jesus witnessed when he walked the earth among his people.   Matt 13:14,15

Who do you think Rev 18:4 is addressing?  It is God’s people under covenant – “Israel”/”kings of the earth” who have been downtrodden by the Beast/organization that has deceived them.  Rev 16:13,14 (Rev 1:5; 17:18)

I’m sorry for your blindness, and your warped sense of morality as you uphold a rulership that has attempted to hide its sins for years. I am sorry for all JWs who believe they have found salvation in an idol, a people who have this arrogance that they are approved by God to receive salvation, in spite of the sins committed among them.  Those sins are being revealed,as well as the "man of lawlessness"/elder body/false priesthood is revealed in the last days.  How is this done?  By the "breath"/spirit of Christ within his "two witnesses" sent to preach to the Temple "living stones". (2 Thess 2:8; Rev 11:1-3)

As Jesus said, the last of God’s repentant priests would be preaching to “Israel”, before his return. That remnant is the anointed who have left confusion (“Babylon”) and preach in “sackcloth”, because God’s Temple has been “given to the Gentiles” – the elder body, who “represent the royal priesthood”. (Rev 11:1-3) The remnant who are preaching now, were “killed” by this false priesthood for their testimony to Christ.  Rev 13:15; 11:7; 12:17  They were not persecuted for belonging to an idol – “Jehovah’s organization”, as you may believe is happening in Russia;  but persecuted by their own people, as Jesus Christ was.

Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.  Matt 10:21-23

“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.”  1 Tim 3:1-5

“I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,” says the Lord Almighty.

But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap. He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the Lord will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness, and the offerings of Judah and Jerusalem will be acceptable to the Lord, as in days gone by, as in former years.

So I will come to put you on trial. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive the foreigners among you of justice, but do not fear me,” says the Lord Almighty.

“You have spoken arrogantly against me,” says the Lord.

“Yet you ask, ‘What have we said against you?’

14 “You have said, ‘It is futile to serve God. What do we gain by carrying out his requirements and going about like mourners before the Lord Almighty? 15 But now we call the arrogant blessed. Certainly evildoers prosper, and even when they put God to the test, they get away with it.’”

Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name.

17 “On the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty, “they will be my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as a father has compassion and spares his son who serves him. 18 And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.”

From Malachi, chapter 3

“Two Witnesses – Elijah and Moses” - https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2013/09/two-witnesses-elijah-and-moses.html