The World News Media

"PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO THANK JEHOVAH", FOR USDA FOOD BOXES

Witness

20 hours ago, César Chávez said:

Then you stand in the side of atheism. Any Religious person does NOT have the "authority" to question God. James 1:5-6 

Does that mean, Jesus should have questioned God’s motive?

Bible give example that anyone is entitled to ask all sort of questions even those kind that question motive of person. God allowed satan to ask this:  "Does Job fear God for nothing?" In this question God didn't see any reason to punish devil for asking not only about Job motives but motives of God Himself. Further events show that God participated fully in conversation with devil and they both gave ideas or way how such questions could be, should be answered.

If you or anyone have doubt, interest, are curious about someone or something,  a question may be asked.

• Views 12.9k
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump himself passed them out in our congregation. [No, I’m kidding—there will always be someone to take it seriously]  And if there was anything hush-hush about the program, that never reac

@TrueTomHarley I can't believe how delusional you are.  False prophets are AMONG YOU.  Have you forgotten already, the long line of falsehoods your leaders have pushed onto the people?  And all failed

"Is it lawful for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?” 23 But detecting their craftiness, He said to them, 24 “Show Me a denarius. Whose image and inscription does it have?” “Caesar’s,” they s

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

man questioning GOD

Why, O Lord, do you stand far away? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble? Psalm 10

But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” - Romans 9

O Lord, how long shall I cry for help, and you will not hear? Or cry to you “Violence!” and you will not save? Habakkuk 1

Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind and said: “Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? Dress for action like a man; I will question you, and you make it known to me. Job 38

Jesus answered them, “I also will ask you one question, and if you tell me the answer, then I also will tell you by what authority I do these things. Mat 21

Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I am a virgin? Luke 1

19 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

You submitted, man has a right to question God in the same way you say man has a right to question man. 

So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them

@Lifeswaterfree, I like your avatar, if that is the proper terminology.  

He came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up. As usual, he entered the synagogue on the Sabbath day and stood up to read. 17 The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him, and unrolling the scroll, he found the place where it was written:

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent meto heal the broken-hearted
to proclaim release
 to the captives
and recovery of sight to the blind,
to set free the oppressed,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

“These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.”  Matt 10:5-8

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.”  Gal 5:1

Just this morning I was thinking how Satan could devise a spiritual “yoke of slavery” that appears not as captivity, but as one of freedom, to worship as a person chooses. (Ezek 13:10; 1 Thess 5:3; 2 Pet 2:17-19) The two words, captivity and freedom contradict each other; but, Satan uses both when they serve to advance his own "kingdom interests".  (Luke 4:5-7; Dan 9;26,27;Dan 11:32; Matt 24:24; Rev 12:15; 13:5,11,12)  He would use his resources at hand – putting his “head” ministers at the helm to fight for this apparent right, via the world’s court systems. (2 Cor 11:13,-15; Rev 13:1,11;17:7,9)

Yet, when we look at the example of Jesus, this course of action in no way is in imitation of his path, or that of his followers. (John 18:36)  But, Satan’s ministers have been successful in seducing the anointed with the unsuspecting bait of lies.  (Amos 3:4,5; Mark 13:22; Rev 2:20-23)  We all know this takes money, that those within his trap, would provide.  The organization would need more individuals to come on board, supporting the “fight” to keep up the appearance of spiritual freedom.  So, a preaching work was developed, with tantalizing offers of truth. This would be spearheaded by a succession of leadership; who progressively pollute the pure waters of Christ’s truth, until barely a morsel of pure truth is left. (Ezek 34:17-19; Rev 8:10-11; 16:13-16)  These poisoned waters would no longer be “free” to receive, or pure as holding the promise of eternal life; but would come with requirements formulated by the doctrine of men. (Jer 2:13; John 4:10; 1 John 3:3; Rev 22:1)  These are debased rules of an organization that even many of their “neighbors” would not practice. (Ezek 22:4,5,23-29) Yet, this religion can brag triumphantly of its wicked accomplishments - causing spiritual bloodshed through disfellowshipping, hiding child abuse, dividing families, and trampling the “saints” with blasphemy. (Mar 13:5-8,14; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1-3)

“How you hate honest judges!
    How you despise people who tell the truth!
11 You trample the poor,
    stealing their grain through taxes and unfair rent.
Therefore, though you build beautiful stone houses,
    you will never live in them.
Though you plant lush vineyards,
    you will never drink wine from them.
12 For I know the vast number of your sins
    and the depth of your rebellions.
You oppress good people by taking bribes
    and deprive the poor of justice in the courts.”  Amos 5:10-12

The message that the kingdom of God has come near, is again being pronounced to the lost sheep of  “Israel” today, God’s people under covenant.  (Jer 51:6; Matt 10:23; Rev 18:4-8)  They have accepted the yoke of slavery through dedication to an organization; but this time, joining them are “Gentiles” who also carry that yoke, the “dedication” to an earthly entity – bearing the dedication mark of an idol. (Rev 13:2,8,16-18) 

I am amazed at the efficiency of Satan’s diabolical trap, to woo God’s people with the promised “freedom” of truth, while at the same time, able to slide a yoke of blindness upon their shoulders that they didn’t “see” coming.  I am astounded that a JW can believe he or she lives the “best life ever”, while rejecting the only source of freedom we have, which is in Jesus Christ.  (Matt 11:28; John 10:4,5,9,10)

You and I both know that receiving life’s water free, as your avatar states, is not possible in the organization. Only those of us who have rejected the yoke of slavery devised by the wicked intentions of Satan, understand what taking in Christ’s living water freely, truly means.  Just the thought that voluntary donations are needed to support “Jehovah’s (already rich) organization”, should be a warning flag easy to see.  But, to those who are enamored by what the riches of this world can accomplish in religion, they cannot perceive the truth behind Jesus’ teaching -  that one cannot serve both God and money.  (Mat 6:24)  They don’t hear the trumpet call to leave Wt. sins behind. (Amos 3:6,9,10)  They will continue to serve the needs of men, while the “banner” of truth raised by God, will draw the righteous hearted, of whom many are already “leaving” the apostate city.  (Ps 60:4; Isa 11:10-12;  Joel 3:18-21; Matt 22:8-10; Rev 18:4-8)

Do what is good and run from evil
    so that you may live!
Then the Lord God of Heaven’s Armies will be your helper,
    just as you have claimed.
15 Hate evil and love what is good
;
    turn your courts into true halls of justice.
Perhaps even yet the Lord God of Heaven’s Armies
    will have mercy on the remnant of his people.”  Amos 5:14,15

https://pearl-anillustration.blogspot.com/

20 hours ago, César Chávez said:

If misinterpreting scripture is the best you got Srecko, I can't imagine any justification to respond. Think about the words: "ask" and "demand" to help you with Bible understanding.

Every interpretation may go in two directions. :)) We saw that already in WTJWorg. My interpretations or understanding are not obligated to accept and not obligated to obey. You are free to "question" me and my thoughts. :)) ..... because you are "created in the image of God". 

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.  For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God - 1 Cor 2

Asking questions, with or without faith, doubts, caution, or to provoke it is not something unknown to God or to human. Why you see problem in that?

The problem is not in the question but in the answer.

On 10/22/2020 at 11:39 AM, César Chávez said:

There are certain things that are out of the Watchtower's control" to have made a difference to that ungrateful person. If she needed more assistance, she should have taken it up with her local government or other religious distribution centers, since she was NO LONGER A WITNESS IN GOOD STANDING, or a witness at all

Reminds me of the parable of the good Samaritan. 2 jw's walk by someone in need expecting the government or other religious to be the good Samaritan.

Quote @Anna Emma, there aren't many people on this forum that actually comment or even read anything. It's just a handful. There are two sides, the ex-JWs, and the JWs like Tom, JWI, me and a few others. This is not a forum where interested ones (people who want Bible studies) hang out. The JWs who are here have their various reasons for being here......  So if you are looking to find someone who has genuine questions, well, as far as I know, there are non here at the moment. 

@Emma Rose I think Anna's viewpoint here is very narrow minded.  I hope you find differently. 

It is true that some of us are no longer JWs and that is by choice, but it does not mean we do not have genuine questions or serious opinions. Discussions can unfortunately get silly with name calling etc, and topics can and do go 'off topic', but generally everyone is cool. 

And as I've just returned after a short break, I did read every comment that I'd missed. Some had deep meaning, some just taking up space. But everything, every word, about Almighty God and Jesus Christ, is worth taking time to read and consider.  Much better to spend time here than to watch rubbish on the television. 

My elderly/aging mother lives with me for her safety, and she is a JW. Saturday we got a knock on the door, when I opened it up a truck was pulling away, I recognized the 2 men inside, they were jw's. Inside the box was a gallon of milk, 10lb bag of potatoes, a bag of some seriously ill looking cooked chicken, 3 tubs of sour cream, a 1lb stick of mozzarella cheese, a box of butter and a letter stating the food was from a food program from president trump. Mom kept wondering why we got this box, I mentioned to her I had heard something about the program here. She called one of long time elder friends and he told her that had no program like that so he didn't know. Knowing how all congregations are different in their internal politics, but I wonder if the elders here didn't want people to know they were getting supplemental food from the Government and they were working with the government.

Since we are not hurting for food, we gave most of it to a young family across the street who has fallen on hard times due to covid.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.