The World News Media

JUST HOW BIG OF A DEBACLE, WAS THE PROPHESY OF 1975?

Witness

Someone on the exjw reddit forum put this video together and offered to share. With the help of the present GB, the debacle of 1975 has modern JWs left in the dark, about the truth surrounding its announcement as the date for Armageddon. This includes those JWs who have conveniently forgotten what that time period of teaching involved. 

Jer 23:16 (MSG) - A Message from God-of-the-Angel-Armies: “Don’t listen to the sermons of the prophets. It’s all hot air. Lies, lies, and more lies. They make it all up. Not a word they speak comes from me. They preach their ‘Everything Will Turn Out Fine’ sermon to congregations with no taste for God, Their ‘Nothing Bad Will Ever Happen to You’ sermon to people who are set in their own ways."

1975 Convention Talks.mp4

• Views 14.5k
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree. But where did they get the date from? Those who were serving with a date in mind didn't just pull the date out of thin air did they?

My first ever meme to call my own. I figured if I could make one here, I can make one anywhere!

The Governing Body never ever said that 1975 was the end of this world, All that is written in the publications  is that it was 6,000 years since Adam`s creation, and people read that as a sign in the

Posted Images

The Governing Body never ever said that 1975 was the end of this world, All that is written in the publications  is that it was 6,000 years since Adam`s creation, and people read that as a sign in their own minds that because of 6,000 years and Jesus would reign for 1,000 years that would make 7,000 years and it would be Jehovah ruling after that. No where in what the publications says, So stop living in a fantasy world world, 1975 was a great year because it cleansed the organization of people who was serving with a date in mind and not in the faith and looking to what the Bible says the sign would be for the last days. Oh by the way I`m very happy it didn1t come because I was not in the truth in 1975.

3 hours ago, derek1956 said:

The Governing Body never ever said that 1975 was the end of this world, All that is written in the publications  is that it was 6,000 years since Adam`s creation, and people read that as a sign in their own minds that because of 6,000 years and Jesus would reign for 1,000 years that would make 7,000 years and it would be Jehovah ruling after that. No where in what the publications says, So stop living in a fantasy world world, 1975 was a great year because it cleansed the organization of people who was serving with a date in mind and not in the faith and looking to what the Bible says the sign would be for the last days. Oh by the way I`m very happy it didn1t come because I was not in the truth in 1975.

Let’s see, in this video clip, seven Wt leaders, including Fred Franz and his crafty speech about it, promoted 1975 as the coming year for Armageddon.  I wonder if these leaders were all purged from the organization.  Certainly Franz wasn’t.

If we look before that that time to the past prediction dates of Russel and Rutherford, I don’t see that they were "cleansed" from your organization either.

But, you are speaking of those who followed their teachings, aren’t you.  The leadership is exempt, but the people who must obey the leadership’s teachings are considered the culls if they realize that after all the failed dates of Armageddon, (and teachings needing “new light”) this organization is built on false promises.  That seems rather unfair, don’t you think?  

Does God see the wisdom in those who reject falsehoods and the teachers who speak them, or those who continue to tolerate false promises and those who teach them, as you are doing?

The Harlot in the last days is spiritually immoral, which means she pours into her cup, “wine” or teachings that are deceiving.  To those whom she shares this cup of spiritual falsehoods, the target of blame falls on them when her lies don’t come true.  She softens the sins she herself has committed with more false promises of “peace”. (Ezek 13:10-12; 1 Thess 5:3)  This is how she deceives you, into drinking more of her wine.  She instills fear and guilt and abuse, if you were to reject her wine – her teachings.   Rev 17:1-5

I suggest you put down the Harlot’s cup, and sober up. Instead of looking at those who have left the organization as the culls, begin looking at your own leaders and their faults.  God has NEVER condoned lies from the mouth of teachers that He would send. (John 8:44; Matt 24:4; 1 Tim 4:1)  God has NEVER expected people to tolerate them.  It is the wise ones, who know when to cleanse themselves of the organization’s lies.  Why are you excusing your leaders for creating lies and then expecting you to accept them?  Have you forgotten how many people can adversely be affected by one lie that they built their life around?  Have you forgotten, that those who sold all of their goods to prepare for 1975, were commended by your leaders for doing so? 

I do not sit with the deceitful,
    nor do I associate with hypocrites.
I abhor the assembly of evildoers
    and refuse to sit with the wicked.  Ps 26:4,5

4 hours ago, derek1956 said:

So stop living in a fantasy world world

The "fantasy world" is where JWs reside.  

"A man who loves wisdom brings joy to his father,
    but a companion of harlots squanders his wealth."  Prov 29:3

What wealth do we need in these last days to receive salvation?  Is it in the form of material riches?  No, it is the richness of Truth that brings eternal life. (John 14:6; 2 Cor 8:9; James 2:5)  Every failure of the GB to teach truth, makes one spiritually poor. There is no nourishment in a falsehood. (Matt 7:16)  When the GB open their mouth and what they say proves to be false, guess what they do?  They blame it on the one who IS Truth - Jesus Christ.  

"Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food. "  Wt 17/2 p. 26,27

This is what Jesus told us,

"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."  John 14:12,13

As the “Awake” article quoted in the video, mentions,

“True, there have been those in times past who predicted an ‘end of the world’, even announcing a specific date.  Yet, nothing happened.  The end did not come.  They were guilty of false prophesying.  Why?  What was missing? Missing from such people were God’s truths and evidence that he was using and guiding them.” Awake 10/8/1968

Only a Harlot can state the above, in the light of her own false prophesies, and get away with it.

“With persuasive words she led him astray;
    she seduced him with her smooth talk.
22 All at once he followed her
    like an ox going to the slaughter,
like a fool stepping into a noose
23     till an arrow pierces his liver,
like a bird darting into a snare,
    little knowing it will cost him his life.” Prov 7:21-23

Rev 18:4-8

The Last Harlot and Her Beast

1 hour ago, derek1956 said:

What`s up with YOU people haven`t you got any friends of your own so you come on websites where some JW`s are and try and pull them down. You are so alone you can`t go some where on your own and cry by yourself, people like you will try to pull anyone down as far as you yourselves are

😆😄🤣 

1 hour ago, derek1956 said:

What`s up with YOU people haven`t you got any friends of your own so you come on websites where some JW`s are and try and pull them down. You are so alone you can`t go some where on your own and cry by yourself, people like you will try to pull anyone down as far as you yourselves are

I'm not alone at all, Derek.  The true preaching work in the last days, before the Son of Man comes,  is to "Israel", not the nation, but spiritual "Israel" who are the anointed ones. (Rom 9:6-8; Gal 4:26-28; 1 Pet 2:5,9,10; Isa 43:10) 

This is the scripture:  Matt 10:23   "Jacob"/"Israel" will be restored outside of the organization of falsehoods. (Isa 10:20,21; Matt 17:11)

You and all the anointed with JWs, are tolerating falsehoods.  You are locked into the "empty philosophy", of a Harlot, believing that the organization belongs to God. (Col 2:8)  You believe that without this organization, salvation is not possible.  (Rev 13:4)  This is the only organization that has the ability to "wage war against the saints", since only the WT knows what and who the genuine anointed are.  (Rev 13:7)   This is what I "preach" about, along with many others who see the truth.  Rev 11:1-3

7 hours ago, derek1956 said:

Oh by the way I`m very happy it didn1t come because I was not in the truth in 1975.

And that is an interesting thought too. What you are saying is that you would have been destroyed? 

I think @Emma Rose might know where I am going with that. Since that has been a topic we have been discussing lately....

9 hours ago, derek1956 said:

Oh by the way I`m very happy it didn1t come because I was not in the truth in 1975.

I was. I came into the truth during 1973. 

Robert Redford The Natural’s teammate was tagged out, but I could have gotten away with it:

Roy Hobbs: “Why didn’t you slide?”

Teammate: “I had a cigar in that pocket.”

I didn’t have to slide. Nor did I have a cigar. And they’ve been good years since baptism, all things considered. Regrets, I’ve had a few, but then again, too few to mention.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.