The World News Media

JUST HOW BIG OF A DEBACLE, WAS THE PROPHESY OF 1975?

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Do you really need prove for other people anointing? :))

So far, you have proved God anoints those who he, chooses to be Shepherds within the flock. How do they fill that position if not by good works. What are the qualifications. Don't be dismissive of the requirements and standards in scripture to satisfy your personal opinion.

Now, John "stated" witnesses are jealous of true anointed. Where's his proof, God made him a prophet to make such as outlandish claim. Where is your proof, the GB are NOT anointed by the lives and responsibility they lead.

Show me in scripture, where lies, misrepresentation and an advent of conspiracy, fill that anointed role. You want to pick up the mantle for John, by all means, so that proof.

• Views 7.8k
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My first ever meme to call my own. I figured if I could make one here, I can make one anywhere!

I agree. But where did they get the date from? Those who were serving with a date in mind didn't just pull the date out of thin air did they?

You are told that God’s Spirit is with this organization. (Rev 13:15)  Yet, history proves that with each false prophesy and failed teaching by your leaders, God’s Spirit is not resting in the organization. (Prov 12:22) The God of Truth would not lie, and neither would Jesus Christ, who is Truth. (John 1:14,17;14:6)  If you say God is with you, all JWs are liars themselves. (Prov 13:5) In your mind and hearts, you have blurred the boundary line, between truth and lies.  It should be distinct wit

Posted Images

19 hours ago, César Chávez said:

So far, you have proved God anoints those who he, chooses to be Shepherds within the flock. How do they fill that position if not by good works. What are the qualifications. Don't be dismissive of the requirements and standards in scripture to satisfy your personal opinion.

Now, John "stated" witnesses are jealous of true anointed. Where's his proof, God made him a prophet to make such as outlandish claim. Where is your proof, the GB are NOT anointed by the lives and responsibility they lead.

Show me in scripture, where lies, misrepresentation and an advent of conspiracy, fill that anointed role. You want to pick up the mantle for John, by all means, so that proof.

JWs seem to approve of the GB saying that Anointed ones should not gather together, and the GB saying that the Anointed ones would be working 'against the Holy Spirit' if they did gather together.  If JWs do not protest against this then they are supporting the GB in beating the their fellow slaves as mentioned in Matthew 24 v 48 & 49

“But if ever that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49  and he starts to beat his fellow slaves and to eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards

Now why would JWs support their GB in beating the Anointed Ones ? Why wouldn't JWs rather make it known that they disapprove of the  GB's actions ?  Proof is in the actions of the GB and in the actions of those that worship the GB. 

The GB ARE beating the True Anointed and the GB could be considered as eating an drinking with drunkards, because the GB use dishonest Lawyers and dishonest legal practices. The GB also seem more concerned with money than with people's suffering. 

The GB have proved themselves to be disloyal to God and Christ by calling themselves the F&DS and by exalting themselves above all other people on this earth. Whereas the True Anointed are truly the highest people on this earth, the ones that Jesus dies for. Ref. Revelation 5 v 9 & 10.

And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10  and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth"

And this is why your GB are so jealous, Because Christ died for the True Anointed Ones.

There is so much proof that honest hearted ones can see. Anyone that stays in the CCJW and continues to worship it's GB and the Elder system, will pay the price. Just as those that remained in Jerusalem in 70 C. E. payed the price. 

Wasn't this song played for a couple of dances before?

Anyways, 

On 9/6/2018 at 1:40 PM, Space Merchant said:

According to facts the whole 1975 thing (well as to what I have made note of as of late) was of man's existence since Adam and people being told to be vigilant for anything can happen. Not once did anyone say the world is coming to an end, in the case of the Jehovah's Witnesses, it would make them seem foolish to say such, granted the preaching of the gospel has never ceased prior to, during 1975 at all, and there are several who say this, while the majority is being flagged by former members of the faith. Another factor is there are those who are aware of some JWs, who had since left the faith, took it upon themselves to commit their own actions, assuming the end of the world would come, which is foolish on their part for they heard very clearly.

Because one would have to be very honest with themselves, if the Bible tells you that the preaching of the gospel is to be done, preached to all the nations. In their Christology it is said there will be a time when they would totally cease preaching 100%, and we have not seen any of them happening now, in 1975 or in the past. Granted the gospel has to be preached first and according to them God will soon decide when to cease the gospel preaching, technically being a sign of the work being done, and you wouldn't see a JW in sight, as someone would say, JWs would just vanish without a trace.

If anything, some Jehovah's Witnesses may be bad hearers, or forgetful hearers assume otherwise, JW group B being in the wrong, while JW group A, who heard everything were in the right.

About the book, this is hat Old Man Eli had to say: The book Life Everlasting - In Freedom of the Sons of God, released at a series of district conventions held in 1966, pointed to 1975. Right at the convention, as the brothers examined the contents, the new book triggered much discussion about 1975." - Jehovah's Witnesses Proclaimers of God's Kingdom; pg. 104, Declaring the Good News Without Letup (1942-1975)

The book in question mentioned 1975 3 times (I could be wrong, replied on PDF source to see if they match up accordingly)

• [1] According to this trustworthy Bible chronology six thousand years from man's creation will end in 1975, and the seventh period of a thousand years of human history will begin in the fall of 1975 C.E.
  • [2] cited (1975, 6,000 years from man's creation end. 29)
  • Other quotes (not in book/or whatever) “In the years following 1966, many of Jehovah’s Witnesses acted in harmony with the spirit of that counsel [the main point about not being specific about what might happen]. However, other statements were published on this subject, and some were likely more definite than advisable. This was acknowledged in The Watchtower of March 15, 1980 (page 17). But Jehovah’s Witnesses were also cautioned to concentrate mainly on doing Jehovah’s will and not to be swept up by dates and expectations of an early salvation.” (page 104) | "There were other statements published that implied that such realization of hopes by that year (1975) was more of a probability than a mere possibility. It is to be regretted that these latter statements apparently overshadowed the cautionary ones and contributed to a buildup of the expectation already initiated." - Watchtower, 1980 March 15, p.17, par. 5

For the claim made by opponents "The Watchtower strongly implied the end would come in 1975." is as false as their other claim that JWs own parts of companies in electronics, lingerie and weapons, of which the same people claim the churches of JWs having weapon bunkers below. Also remnants of that strong video proof still linger about on the internet, thus further making such opponents in greater error, but what to expect from those [some among them] who would attempt to use the current President (The Orange-Haired One) to take down a single faith group?

I too believe the end will come, but no one knows for certain, for the Bible says no one knows the day or the hour, not even the sons of the Most High, that being the angels, not even the only-begotten Son, Jesus knows, only God the Father knows (Matthew 24:36, Mark 13:32, Acts 1:7). In the same sense, it is like a teenager throwing a party while his or her parents are out of the house, but little does he/she knows that the time the parents will return home is unknown, not the best example, but it seems to fit the bill here.

That being said, although the end is indeed near, one should not be roaming about, caught with his pants down as they say when it does happen, by that time it would be too late, mainly when you, prior to the day see less and less preachers out there, be it true or false. It is one thing to be in agreement/disagreement with a faith........ Unless they are mainstream Trinitarian folk..... But one must know what is fact and what is not fact, but on occasion some of us tend to jump to conclusions, even though we, are the same ones who put forth actual fact previously - happens to me sometimes.

As far as I know, even to this day, you still see Jehovah's Witnesses everywhere, in the streets, at the houses, in the parks/schools, perhaps even in the bushes and trees as well, trying to evangelize people and speak of the gospel and a day will come when such places you would not see them at all, and eventually those who are adhering to the message, they too will be gone also, others may be in silence because they know what time it is.

The only source that I cannot find anymore is the ExJW who was ran off of YouTube by the ExJW community (who got his whole channel deleted because of that one video despite 99% of his videos being strong criticism of JWs and what can be changed) who got his video deleted, likewise, with what was done to Mr. Cedars' friend.

The irony here too is the claim is the JW said the world is to be destroyed in 1975, but no one can bring up a legitimate quote of this at all, in addition to that, every Christian knows that before the end, the preaching of the gospel is to cease 100%, yet, people were still preaching around that time.

That being said, the sound of the mic dropping is far louder than Palpatine throwing the senate.

1 hour ago, Space Merchant said:

Wasn't this song played for a couple of dances before?

Yes. And they’ll continue to trot out 1975 again and again. It’s the technique. Answer the question and the rascals merely repackage it and run in through again. 

Nonetheless, @Anna, with better motive, asked if it was likely such a thing could ever happen again.

There are two ways to answer this question: 

“No.” As Mark Twain said: “A cat that sits on a hot stove will never sit on a hot stove again. Nor will it sit on a cold one, for they all look hot.”

”Yes.” Are you kidding me? It was 6000 years countdown from Adam, per Bible chronology. AND, coupled with the 1000 year reign of Christ to commence after Armageddon. It doesn’t call to mind the 6:1 Sabbath arrangement of God? 

Come now. You think they’re going to snooze through that one? They’re the watchman, after all. It’s an irresistible type/anti-type situation. Given the monumental alignment of the planets, it’s a wonder they didn’t make the call far more forcefully than they did, instead of merely stating it was a possibility, which Charlie presently escalated into a probability. They have to make a call on something like that. It is a sorry watchman, peering through the gloom, high up in his perch, that sounds the alarm only when the prow of the approaching ship smashes through the gunwale and pinches his toes.

”No.” The above is actually reassuring. Because such monumental circumstances will not repeat for a long, long, time—and it took such monumental circumstances to put the call on the back burner that some soon moved to the front. Three or four years after 75, I recall some rep saying, “We’ve sailed past all the markers.” What can that mean except, “We’re done?” No more calls like that—until the next time—but there shouldn’t be a next time, for that kind of a setup doesn’t happen everyday. Now we get things like “deep in the last days,” the “end is just around the corner,” and “the last of the last days.” Why not see if you one can hold out till “the last of the last of the last days?” 

Everyone gets one failed end-date call within a lifetime. It’s in the rules. It’s a sign of staying alert. Jump the gun in the race and do they shoot you with it? No. It’s not a big deal. They just start the race over.

@Space Merchant  @TrueTomHarley

Um, it has been proven over and over and over again that leaders of the CCJW (or what ever name it used in the past) had deliberately made false predictions, pretending they had some 'special knowledge'. 

Tom always tries to brush it off by using his sick humour, but bad try Tom. 

@Srecko Sostar has written a topic about the Org and Armageddon predictions for 1941. 

Maybe have a read of it you guys.  You will note that the Leaders of the Org were saying that Armageddon was 'very near' in 1941. 

Then in the 1960's the Leaders of the Org again said Armageddon is very near. In fact one Watchtower in 1967 said 'we are in the last part of the last day'.......... 

Now the GB of the Org are once again saying 'we are in the last part of the last day' 

(It seems that Russell and Rutherford had their own expectations too. Something about prophets returning to Earth. Armageddon coming in 1914. et al.  But my mind doesn't bother to keep this stuff as it's not important to me)  

But Tom really shows himself to lack spirituality or humility in these things. I quote him 

Everyone gets one failed end-date call within a lifetime. It’s in the rules. It’s a sign of staying alert. Jump the gun in the race and do they shoot you with it? No. It’s not a big deal. They just start the race over.

That is a very sad comment and shows complete lack of wanting to serve God properly. 

Your GB PRETEND to be the Faithful and Discreet Slave class, but you have just proven by your comment Tom, that your GB are just men that 'jump the gun', that do not wait on God, and, that say 'The master is delaying'. 

The CCJW and the Org under previous names have had many failed predictions. The GB and it's Org prove themselves to be false prophets. 

Whether SM or TTH or anyone else wants to believe in the 1975 thing, is up to them. Whether the 'Stay alive till 75' thing mattered or not to anyone I don't know. However we do know that brothers and sisters sold their houses and moved into their converted garages, or into small flats, so that they could full time pioneer / preach the coming 'end of the world'.  But most of those people are probably dead now, they were the older ones that believed everything the Leaders told them.  

The funny thing is it would seem that many JWs now, do not believe the things they are taught by the GB. Physically in, spiritually out it seems. Playing both sides of the game. Having seen so many false teachings many JWs just go through the motions of being a JW whilst doing their own study and research. 

And that is why the GB have told the Anointed NOT to gather together, because the GB are getting frightened as they are losing power and money.

23 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

Tom always tries to brush it off by using his sick humour, but bad try Tom. 

Not only did I try. I did. Not only was it not “sick.” It was apropos. It’s called getting the overall picture and not just zeroing in on what you want to see.

24 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

Now the GB of the Org are once again saying 'we are in the last part of the last day' 

You were saying it yourself not five posts ago. You can and they can’t? Hold out for the last of the last of the last of the last days if you like. You’re welcome to try.

And what of this diatribe of yours that the ‘true anointed’ is to manifest itself (out of nowhere) in but a few years max? Is that not you asserting we are in the last of the last?

12 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Everyone gets one failed end-date call within a lifetime. It’s in the rules. It’s a sign of staying alert.

Yes. It's natural for every generation to want to live to see all the good promises fulfilled in their lifetime. With the right attitude, this should not be a disturbing thing to anyone, at best. At worst, it is a disappointment when it doesn't happen and can make you downhearted temporarily. With the wrong attitude it can make people angry and throw out the baby with the bath water.

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Such a flippant remark, as if God doesn't hear; especially when HE stated:

"But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.:  Deut 18:20,22

After their long lineage of failed prophesy, they didn’t stop with 1975.

These are prophesies as well:

1989 "The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century." Wt. Jan. 1, 1989, p. 12 [bound volume changed "20th century" to "day"])

"The countdown that has proceeded for some six millenniums now nears its zero hour. So close is it that people who were alive in 1914, and who are now well along in years, will not all pass off the scene before the thrilling events marking the vindication of Jehovah's sovereignty come to pass." Survival into a New Earth (1984) p.184

1992 "Today, a small percentage of mankind can still recall the dramatic events of 1914. Will that elderly generation pass away before God saves the earth from ruin? Not according to Bible prophecy. 'When you see all these things,' Jesus PROMISED, 'know that he is near at the doors. Truly I say to you that THIS generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' - Matthew 24:33, 34." Wt May 1, 1992 page 3: The Year That Shocked The World)

"Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the “great tribulation” in which the present wicked world will end." Reasoning from the Scriptures p.97

And then, we have this spiritual “Reasoning”…

1993 "Further, the widely circulated booklet Millions Now Living Will Never Die presented the view that in 1925, God's purposes regarding the restoring of the earth to Paradise and the resurrecting of the faithful ones of old would begin to be fulfilled. ... The year 1925 came to its conclusion, but the end was not yet! Ever since the 1870's, Bible Students had been serving with a date in mind - first 1914, then 1925. Now they realized that they must serve for as long as Jehovah wishes." (Watchtower; Nov. 1, 1993; p. 12)

It interesting that they didn't mention 1975 in that quote.  With your leaders, once a false prophet, always a false prophet.  They continue to “prophesy” falsely, today. 

Concerning who comprise “this generation”, in 1995 it is said,

"Jesus was not departing from his established use of the term “this generation”, which he consistently applied to the contemporary masses with their “blind guideswho together made up the Jewish nation. ... Jesus refers principally to contemporary people of a certain historical period, with their identifying characteristics." Watchtower 1995 Nov 1 pp.14,20

No, no no!  THIS is what Jesus meant:

2008 - "As a class, these anointed ones make up the modern-day "generation" of contemporaries that will not pass away "until all these things occur." This suggests that some who are Christ's anointed brothers will still be alive on earth when the foretold great tribulation begins." Watchtower 2008 Feb 15 p.24

But wait!  Evidently, he meant…

2010 - "He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation." Watchtower 2010 April 15 p.10

And…where are you and David Splane with this today?  Just who are the “blind guides” anyway?

1 John 4:1 - "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

15 minutes ago, Anna said:

Yes. It's natural for every generation to want to live to see all the good promises fulfilled in their lifetime. With the right attitude, this should not be a disturbing thing to anyone, at best. At worst, it is a disappointment when it doesn't happen and can make you downhearted temporarily. With the wrong attitude it can make people angry and throw out the baby with the bath water.

I am completely agree with conclusion in Your first/second sentence. Up vote :))

However, I’m not sure what it means, generally, and/or what do You mean with; to have the right or wrong attitude when it comes to "wanting and expecting that something (promises from Bible or God or GB) to be fulfilled in our lifetime".

13 minutes ago, Witness said:
13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Such a flippant remark,

It seems how our friend @TrueTomHarley speaking how it is "normal" to be deceived with "end-date call". I can agree with reality how always exists individuals or groups who are masters in deceiving and manipulation of other people. And we all can be their victims.

JW members are not first and not last people who were/are/will be successfully deceived with "end-date call". But it is also true how WTJWorg leaders aka GB, supported and associated in collaboration with with Elders, very successfully from generation to generation of JW members, keep in force, maintain all those expectations about Armageddon. At the same time, they accuse unnamed individuals/members of being guilty of erroneous expectations and interpretations of the text in publications and public speeches. GB members with the help of the administrative apparatus (Helpers, Elders), place possible outcomes based on interpretations of the biblical text. 

GB are flippant (or not?) and members are flippant. Thanks to God some of us escaped from such condition.

• Similar Content

• Guest Nicole
    • By Witness
      “Nourishing Spiritual Food”? 
      I cannot advocate the website listed at the end of this short video, as I haven’t gone there.  Also I do not see verification that the money from the sale of houses, properties and goods was given to the Watchtower at that time period.  But I will not dismiss the large possibility.  What is important about this video, is hearing how 1975 was truly proclaimed from the source; quite contrary to how the 2017 convention presented it: 
      “…you see, back then, some were looking to a certain date as signifying the end of this old system of things. A few, even went so far as selling their homes and quitting their jobs. (km 5/1974)"
      “But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.” 
       You may say in your heart, “How shall we know the word which Yahweh has not spoken?”  When a prophet speaks in Yahweh’s name, if the thing doesn’t follow, nor happen, that is the thing which Yahweh has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You shall not be afraid of him.              Deut 18:20-22
      “This is what the LORD of Hosts says: "Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you. They are making you worthless. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the LORD's mouth.”  Jer 23:16
      “Behold, I am against the prophets, says Yahweh, who use their tongues, and say, He says. 32 Behold, I am against those who prophesy lying dreams, says Yahweh, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their vain boasting: yet I didn’t send them, nor commanded them; neither do they profit this people at all, says Yahweh.”  Jer 23:31-32
      If we claim to read God's Word and live by it, then God's Word should help us distinguish truth from lies.  Matt 3:10

• By The Librarian
      by District Overseer Charles Sinutko (Sheboygan – 1967)

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Haga clic
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. para descargar el archivo 
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Despertad_1975-10-22.pdf

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Minister of the Jehovah's Witnesses aid in the baptism of some of the 524 converts to the faith in a pool set up at Belmont Park Race Track. The baptism is a high-light of the four-day Witnesses Divine Sovereignty assembly, which ends tomorrow. August 08, 1975. (Photo by Nury Hernandez/New York Post Archives / (c) NYP Holdings, Inc. via Getty Images)
    • By Jesus.defender
      1888 "In this chapter we present the Bible evidence proving that the full end of the times of the gentiles, i.e., the full end of their lease of dominion, will be reached in A.D. 1914; and that the date will be the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect men. And be it observed, that if this is shown to be a fact firmly established by the Scriptures, it will prove; Firstly, that at that date the Kingdom of God, for which our Lord taught us to pray, saying, Thy Kingdom come, will obtain full, universal control, and that it will then be set up, or firmly established, in the earth, on the ruins of present institutions." (The Time Is At Hand, 1888, p. 76, 77)

1968 "'Adam Created At Close Of 'Sixth Day' Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man's existence coincides with the Sabbath-like thousand-year reign of Christ....It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years.' (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1968, p. 499)

• By Jesus.defender
      If the organization did not actually prophesy the end in 1925 and 1975, then how come so many Witnesses left the faith immediately afterwards? ("They lost roughly three-quarters of the movement between 1925 and 1928, then suffered huge losses after 1975, when the end didn't come as they had implied over and over again," said Jim Penton, an ex-Witness who writes entries on Jehovah's Witnesses for the Encyclopedia Americana.)