The World News Media

JUST HOW BIG OF A DEBACLE, WAS THE PROPHESY OF 1975?

Witness

6 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

You suck it up and carry on.

Absolutely, maybe that's the problem, they threw their all behind speculation and are now so embittered they cannot carry on.  

So there are 2 ex-anointed here or more?  Pride seems to be their problem.  "Through the dust" must have just passed them by.

• Views 8.8k
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My first ever meme to call my own. I figured if I could make one here, I can make one anywhere!

I agree. But where did they get the date from? Those who were serving with a date in mind didn't just pull the date out of thin air did they?

I would hope that we will have learned our lesson, and remember Jesus's words.. "concerning the day and hour nobody knows..."  So setting any kind of date, by anyone, would hopefully be seen as plainly wrong. There were probably many prior to 1975 that had a similar attitude, but they were looked down on as lacking faith. And they were told that "now was not the time to be  toying with the words of Jesus that "concerning the day and hour nobody knows..." * It was those who sold their houses t

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Anna said:

I would hope that we will have learned our lesson, and remember Jesus's words.. "concerning the day and hour nobody knows..."  So setting any kind of date, by anyone, would hopefully be seen as plainly wrong.

That's what, "We'd wait and see" means.  

9 hours ago, Anna said:

So by your reasoning, it's like if Armageddon came on December 1st 1975. Now imagine we can see into the future like Jehovah can:  A Witness would have knocked on your door Saturday morning December 2nd and planted a seed which would have grown and seen you get baptised a few months later. Well oops.....sorry Derek, obviously too late! By that time you will have been pushing up daisies for several months already.

Does that kind of reasoning make sense to you?

Anna...lighten up, Derek has a very well defined sense of humour. 

Wow, the JWs join forces to worship their GB and their CCJW org. They hang on every word of their masters the GB. So be it. 

@Emma Rose I have never said I am of the Anointed. I have said I am not Anointed. I have also said I probably will not survive Armageddon. However I did leave the CCJW because of the Child Sexual Abuse problem Earthwide in that Org and I do make a point of warning others of the dangers that are in the CCJW. If Christ judges me as wrong and as wicked then I will die at Armageddon. But what I do, I do with a good Christaiin conscience. 

@derek1956 I hope you are happy with the silly things you post. 

@Anna  You are very level headed in all this. You can see both sides as usual. Thank you for your  input. 

@TrueTomHarley I hope you are well. I love your input. You are funny whether intentional or not. 

Appologies to anyone I've missed. I think one of Witnesses' points is that with the Leaders of the CCJW getting things wrong many times over a long period of time, how can anyone trust the Leaders now ?

The GB admit to not being inspired so all they do is guess, and 'err'.  Of course they will get some things right. If you make 100 guesses, 10 of them could easily be right. 

New members on here may not know of the serious Child Sexual Abuse / Pedophilia problem Earthwide in the CCJW. I would suggest you do your own research. Australia, Canada, America, The Netherlands, the UK. Just to name a few.  

Any JW denying this is deliberately blinding themselves. 

I left the CCJW for the reason above. I could not encourage people into such an organsation. Each of you is entitled to your own opinion of me. However I wish Warmest Christian Love to you all. 

17 minutes ago, derek1956 said:

This one one idiot that that joins their mates 4 jahto me I have never seen so many idiotic posts like yours I hope Satan is very proud of you. Soon you`ll be gone from here for good because you too like them other little rats can not take the heat even when it1s on low

There's a drop down menu at the top right-hand side of the page and ignored users, he's best put there.

18 minutes ago, Emma Rose said:

Anna...sadly I don't think you have a sense of humour.  

I don't call what Derek posts a sense of humour either. Calling people rats, idiots, and judging that they will die....is that a sense of humour to you? 

Sadly, not only do I think he lacks a sense of humour, but he evidently lacks in other departments too....

Now Tom, there's a sense of humour 👍

5 hours ago, derek1956 said:

To answer your question about someone knocking on my door, no chance I was in the forces and no civilians was allowed on base, I was in Cyprus at the time

It was a hypothetical situation I used for the sake of illustration. Or did you really assume I thought I knew your circumstances?

And if you think you are being humorous with your reply, then I don't believe that, it appears more like you have nothing better to say. 

If you don't have a proper answer, then it's ok to say you don't know. After all, you have been lecturing others about humility...

• Similar Content

• Guest Nicole
    • By Witness
      “Nourishing Spiritual Food”? 
      I cannot advocate the website listed at the end of this short video, as I haven’t gone there.  Also I do not see verification that the money from the sale of houses, properties and goods was given to the Watchtower at that time period.  But I will not dismiss the large possibility.  What is important about this video, is hearing how 1975 was truly proclaimed from the source; quite contrary to how the 2017 convention presented it: 
      “…you see, back then, some were looking to a certain date as signifying the end of this old system of things. A few, even went so far as selling their homes and quitting their jobs. (km 5/1974)"
      “But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.” 
       You may say in your heart, “How shall we know the word which Yahweh has not spoken?”  When a prophet speaks in Yahweh’s name, if the thing doesn’t follow, nor happen, that is the thing which Yahweh has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You shall not be afraid of him.              Deut 18:20-22
      “This is what the LORD of Hosts says: "Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you. They are making you worthless. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the LORD's mouth.”  Jer 23:16
      “Behold, I am against the prophets, says Yahweh, who use their tongues, and say, He says. 32 Behold, I am against those who prophesy lying dreams, says Yahweh, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their vain boasting: yet I didn’t send them, nor commanded them; neither do they profit this people at all, says Yahweh.”  Jer 23:31-32
      If we claim to read God's Word and live by it, then God's Word should help us distinguish truth from lies.  Matt 3:10

• By The Librarian
      by District Overseer Charles Sinutko (Sheboygan – 1967)

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Haga clic
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. para descargar el archivo 
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Despertad_1975-10-22.pdf

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Minister of the Jehovah's Witnesses aid in the baptism of some of the 524 converts to the faith in a pool set up at Belmont Park Race Track. The baptism is a high-light of the four-day Witnesses Divine Sovereignty assembly, which ends tomorrow. August 08, 1975. (Photo by Nury Hernandez/New York Post Archives / (c) NYP Holdings, Inc. via Getty Images)
    • By Jesus.defender
      1888 "In this chapter we present the Bible evidence proving that the full end of the times of the gentiles, i.e., the full end of their lease of dominion, will be reached in A.D. 1914; and that the date will be the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect men. And be it observed, that if this is shown to be a fact firmly established by the Scriptures, it will prove; Firstly, that at that date the Kingdom of God, for which our Lord taught us to pray, saying, Thy Kingdom come, will obtain full, universal control, and that it will then be set up, or firmly established, in the earth, on the ruins of present institutions." (The Time Is At Hand, 1888, p. 76, 77)

1968 "'Adam Created At Close Of 'Sixth Day' Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man's existence coincides with the Sabbath-like thousand-year reign of Christ....It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years.' (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1968, p. 499)

• By Jesus.defender
      If the organization did not actually prophesy the end in 1925 and 1975, then how come so many Witnesses left the faith immediately afterwards? ("They lost roughly three-quarters of the movement between 1925 and 1928, then suffered huge losses after 1975, when the end didn't come as they had implied over and over again," said Jim Penton, an ex-Witness who writes entries on Jehovah's Witnesses for the Encyclopedia Americana.)