• Views 86
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Un grupo de testigos de Jehovå realizó lo que podría considerarse como uno de los secuestros mås extraños hasta el momento, y es que privaron de la libertad a sus vecinos asegurando que se encontraban huyendo del fin del mundo, de acuerdo con reportes policiales de Alberta, en Canadå.
      Jacqueline Schaffter, juez de la corte provincial argumento que los tres detenidos, dos mujeres y un hombre que hasta el momento no han sido identificados, sufren de un extraño trastorno psicótico el cual hasta el momento no ha sido revelado y por el que deberån llevar un tratamiento para evitar hacerse daño a si mismos o a terceros.
      El extraño secuestro ocurrió en el mes de noviembre del año 2017 cuando cinco personas entre ellas dos menores de edad, fueron obligados a abandonar su hogar y abordar una camioneta junto a los testigos de Jehovå, cuatro de los cuales se encontraban completamente desnudos.
      El hombre y su familia lograron escapar y ayudaron a las autoridades a dar con los sospechosos quienes de inmediato fueron arrestados.
      Al declararse culpables por los delitos de secuestro y confinamiento ilegal, los detenidos recibieron como sentencia un año de servicio comunitario y dos de libertad condicional, ademås de tener que someterse a un tratamiento de consejería.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  

• By The Librarian
      Franz Fred - Salt.mp3

A talk by:

• By TheWorldNewsOrg
      via .ORG
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Paramedics say one person is dead after two small planes collided in mid-air over Ottawa‘s west end just after 10 a.m. on Sunday morning.
      Ottawa police said that one of the aircraft crashed into a field near McGee Side Road just east of the 417 in Carp in rural west Ottawa. A spokesperson for Ottawa paramedics said an occupant of that plane was pronounced dead on the scene.
      The other aircraft was redirected to Ottawa International Airport and landed safely, sustaining only minor damage. No injuries were reported aboard that plane.
      It’s not known how many people were aboard each aircraft, or how exactly the collision occurred.
      The Transportation Safety Board of Canada is investigating
      Read more: https://globalnews.ca/news/4628657/ottawa-aircraft-collision-midair/
    • Guest Nicole
    • By Witness
      Matt 5:13 - “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.”
      Salt was a strong catalyst in the physical and spiritual biblical world.  If we look into its great significance, we can then discern the meaning of Christ’s words.
      In Ezra 4:14, the letter written to Artaxerxes in Arabic, is read:
       “Now since we are UNDER OBLIGATION to the palace and it is not proper for us to see the king dishonored, we are sending this message to inform the king
”
      The original word for “under obligation” has salt in its basic meaning.
      mĕlach (Aramaic) - to eat salt, i.e. (generally) subsist:— have maintenance.
      Salt ‘maintains’ or preserves not only food but figuratively, represents a partnership, friendship, agreement or contract between parties.   Both the physical use of salt and its figurative meaning joined in creating traditions and customs set in Bible times. If a host chose to eat with his guests instead of standing, it represented a “salt covenant” or a solid friendship that was born, since salt seasoned the food.  The expression “there is salt between us” verbally signified the establishment of that friendship and its mutual loyalty.
      God referred to the nation of Israel as a people not “washed with water to make you clean, nor were you rubbed with salt (a cleanser for the skin; and even deeper, the soul) or wrapped in cloths” before He chose them as His nation.  Ezek 16:1-5  Once His people, they were purified through His laws and wisdom as long as they remained steadfast and ‘maintained’ their obligations to the Lord. Deut 30:15-18  Aside from a salt covenant with King David (2 Chron 13:5), the Bible speaks of God’s salt covenant made with His chosen priesthood established through Aaron.  
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. “Season all your grain offerings with salt. Do not leave the salt of the covenant of your God out of your grain offerings; add salt to all your offerings.” Lev 2:18
      “Whatever is set aside from the holy offerings the Israelites present to the Lord I give to you and your sons and daughters as your perpetual share. It is an everlasting covenant of salt before the Lord for both you and your offspring.” Num 18:19
       It was necessary to salt every sacrifice offered as a continual reminder of the mutual agreement made between God and the priesthood. He chose them as His “special possession” and if they were loyal and obedient to the responsibilities put upon them, He promised to preserve and protect the priesthood eternally.  Ezek 44:28; Num 18:1,5-8; Mal 2:7; 1 Pet 2:5,9,10  Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      Salt is an unchanging element of the earth, an excellent protection from contamination, and is a purifier when it permeates the food.  The significance of adding salt to all the sacrifices, even grain offerings, represented pure, unadulterated worship to God in unchanging, enduring TRUTH. The entire nation of Israel was to be a “seasoned” people, set apart from the pagan nations and their corruptive teachings and sacrifices to their idols. Ezek 16:5-8; Deut 7:6-9;12:2-4  Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      The temple priesthood lost their “saltiness” at times throughout the Bible’s history. (Mal 2:1-8) This was the case when King Ahaz ruled Judah, a king whose wickedness rivaled that of all the ruthless kings of Israel.  His lust for pagan worship resulted in his shutting the doors “to the Lord’s temple” and setting up pagan altars “at every street corner in Jerusalem”.  2 Chron 28:19,22-25  Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      All of this, sounds rather familiar in a recent, symbolic way.  Have the “doors” to the “Temple” been shut today by the pagan leaders of spiritual “Israel”.  Yes, the GB/Harlot has admonished God’s priesthood, the dwelling of God, to become indiscernible; achieved through a spiritual, mental and emotional “trampling” by its Beast. 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17, Matt 24:15;2 Thess 2:3,4; 2 Cor 11:19,20; Col 2:8 Thus, they have shut the doors to pure worship, substituting false worship to a pagan god; the organization.  New “temples” in many forms are now revered and worshipped in the Watchtower.  Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      The holy priesthood is silent, and unrecognized. Dan 12:7 They are unable to offer their spiritual sacrifices as God intended. Dan 8:11 They are to follow the example, Christ, the Head of the anointed Body, as also a “living sacrifice”; yet, for those priests under the power of the Harlot and her Gentile army, God’s anointed ones who are the “salt of the earth” have not retained their “saltiness”.  Rom 12:1,2; Rev 13:1,11  Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      Pearl Doxsey, from her article, "Salt":
      "It is a certainty that the Temple of God (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) is trampled in the time of the end (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ;Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. )
      (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Why does God allow this to happen?   
      Jesus tells us why God would subject His own Temple priests (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) to endure this discipline (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ;Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ).
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  reads;
      “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and TRAMPLED UNDERFOOT."
      God allows His Temple priests to be trampled, because they have lost their "saltiness" (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). 
      These have abdicated their royal and priestly authority (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) and have allowed the Beast to remove their continual sacrifice ("constant feature") (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) as priests and kings, in favor of subjecting themselves to the Image / Idol, of the Wild Beast! (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. )."     (4womaninthewilderness)
      King Hezekiah, whose name means “YHWH Strengthens”, had a wicked ball of yarn to untangle after his father Ahaz had died.  Ahaz began his rule at the mere age of 20 by worshipping the Baals and sacrificing his own sons to the god Molech.  (Deut 18:9-13; Lev 20:1-5)  Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      More idolatry followed, as well as a very expensive pact made with the Assyrian king for his protection from Syria and Israel. 2 Chron 28:16; 2 Kings 16:7-9   It is astonishing that early on, God gave him a way out of his troubles, yet he chose the Assyrians instead of relying on God’s words through Isaiah. Isa 7:1-12  The Assyrians gave him “trouble instead  of help”. (2 Chron 28:20,21)  Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      “In his time of trouble King Ahaz became even more unfaithful to the Lord. 23 He offered sacrifices to the gods of Damascus, who had defeated him; for he thought, “Since the gods of the kings of Aram have helped them, I will sacrifice to them so they will help me.” But they were his downfall and the downfall of all Israel.” 2 Chron 28:22,23
       Thus, his corrupt pagan desires reached the point of cutting up the articles of the temple before closing its doors.  Upon becoming king, Hezekiah re-opened the temple doors and completely sanctified all articles according to the laws of God, utilizing the efforts of the sanctified Levites and priests. All forms of idolatry were removed in his effort to restore true worship.  2 Chron. 29:3-9,31; 31:1 When Assyria came up against him, his reliance on God protected Jerusalem.  2 Chron 31:21;32:22  Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      I watched the Watchtower movie on Hezekiah, and after the event of Assyria breaking through the walls of Samaria, “Hezekiah” said, “these things came upon them because they sinned against God. The character “Isaiah” replied, “The king is right.  From King Omri’s day the people of Samaria (coincidently meaning, “watch tower”) have served false gods. They openly practiced idolatry.  ‘Jehovah’ foretold that these consequences would come upon them, but again and again they rejected his warnings.”
       JWs, can you see that this is why Watchtower’s reliance on a political “arm of flesh”(as the movie’s“Hezekiah” put it) to fight their battles in Russia will not be fruitful?   They have “gone down to Egypt".  Isa 31:1  Remember the final cut of the movie focuses on the words, “Jehovah rescues those who are loyal to him”.   The True God, YHWH has rescued those who are loyal and faithful only to Him and His Son in TRUTH, not to the Watchtower Idol, Satan’s fabrication to destroy the anointed ones.   
      For those of you who have awakened to Watchtower’s deceit, you will effectively discern the underhanded 'threat' that this movie reveals toward God’s anointed ones.  You may detect a few innuendos, relating the Assyrian army and its threats, to an army of “locusts” that today we realize has come against spiritual “Jerusalem” – the anointed ones.  Rev 9:1-6  Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      Recall when “Hezekiah” told the little girl holding a wounded turtle dove (a sacrificial offering for the temple),  “Ah yes, this is important.  You have to promise me not to keep the bird locked up in a cage.  When it can fly, set it free.”
      By the strength of YHWH, God’s people have been set free.  After years of being “trampled” by a Gentile army under the direction of a false prophet/”king”, the Temple “door” has been re-opened.  God’s priests can present their sacrificial offerings of pure worship in God’s Temple/Zion, by having “salt in themselves”.  Rev 12:6; Luke 17:37;Heb 13:15; 1 Pet 2:9; Rev 19:4,5 Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.

“To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:
      These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.
      11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name. 13 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.  Rev 3:7-13

Who claims to "represent the 'royal priesthood', who are spiritual "Jews"? (Rom 2:29; Heb 8:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9,10)  (w02 8/1 pp. 9-14)
      The elder body, who "tramples underfoot" the "salt of the earth".  

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      The Supreme Court of Canada Thursday heard arguments in a fight over a church’s “shunning” practice, and said it would release a ruling later, but the congregation involved and several other groups argued that the justices had no right to even take part in the fight.
      The fight is between Randy Wall, a real estate agent, and the Highwood congregation of the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization in Calgary.
      Wall was expelled from the congregation for getting drunk and not be properly repentant, court records said. He pursued a church appeals process, unsuccessfully, then went to court because he said the church’s “shunning,” that is, practice of not associating with him in any way, hurt his business.
      He explained his two occasions of drunkenness related to “the previous expulsion by the congregation of his 15-year-old daughter.”
      A lower court opinion explained, “Even though the daughter was a dependent child living at home, it was a mandatory church edict that the entire family shun aspects of their relationship with her. The respondent said the edicts of the church pressured the family to evict their daughter from the family home. This led to 
 much distress in the family.”
      The “much distress” eventually resulted in his drunkenness, Wall said.
      See the WND Superstore’s collection of Bibles, including the stunning 1599 Geneva Bible.
      Wall submitted to the court arguments that about half his client base, members of various Jehovah’s Witnesses congregations, then refused to conduct business with him. He alleged the “disfellowship had an economic impact on the respondent.”
      During high court arguments Thursday, the congregation asked the justices to say that congregations are immune to such claims in the judicial system.
      The lower courts had ruled that the courts could play a role in determining if, and when, such circumstances rise to the level of violating civil rights or injuring a “disfellowshipped” party.
      The rulings from the Court of Queen’s Bench and the Alberta Court of Appeals said Wall’s case was subject to secular court jurisdiction.
      A multitude of religious and political organizations joined with the congregation in arguing that the Canada’s courts should not be involved.
      The Justice Center for Constitutional Freedoms said in a filing, “The wish or desire of one person to associate with an unwilling person (or an unwilling group) is not a legal right of any kind. For a court, or the government, to support such a ‘right’ violates the right of self-determination of the unwilling parties.”
      Previous case law has confirmed the ability of religious or private voluntary groups to govern themselves and dictate who can be a member.
      But previously rulings also reveal there is room for the court system to intervene when the question is one of property or civil rights.
      The Association for Reformed Political Action, described the case as having “profound implications for the separation of church and state.”
      Its position is that the court should keep hands off the argument.
      “Secular judges have no authority and no expertise to review a church membership decision,” said a statement from Andre Schutten, a spokesman for the group. “Church discipline is a spiritual matter falling within spiritual jurisdiction, not a legal matter falling within the courts’ civil jurisdiction. The courts should not interfere.”
      John Sikkema, staff lawyer for ARPA, said, “The issue in this appeal is jurisdiction. A state actor, including a court, must never go beyond its jurisdiction. The Supreme Court must consider what kind of authority the courts can or cannot legitimately claim. We argue that the civil government and churches each have limited and distinct spheres of authority. This basic distinction between civil and spiritual jurisdiction is a source of freedom and religious pluralism and a guard against civic totalism.”
      He continued, “Should the judiciary have the authority to decide who gets to become or remain a church member? Does the judiciary have the authority to decide who does or does not get to participate in the sacraments? Church discipline is a spiritual matter falling within spiritual jurisdiction, not a legal matter falling within the courts’ civil jurisdiction. The courts should not interfere. Here we need separation of church and state.”
      The Alberta Court of Appeal, however, suggested the fight was about more than ecclesiastical rules.
      “Because Jehovah’s Witnesses shun disfellowshipped members, his wife, other children and other Jehovah’s Witnesses were compelled to shun him,” that lower court decision said. “The respondent asked the appeal committee to consider the mental and emotional distress he and his family were under as a result of his duaghter’s disfellowship.”
      The church committee concluded he was “not sufficiently repentant.”
      The ruling said “the only basis for establishing jurisdiction over a decision of the church is when the complaint involves property and civil rights,” and that is what Wall alleged.
      “Accordingly, a court has jurisdiction to review the decision of a religious organization when a breach of the rules of natural justice is alleged.”

• By Bible Speaks
      RARE VIDEO OF STEVE: Last night in parts of Canada, dogs started barking at the midnight sky. The canines were responding to a bright purple ribbon of light--also known as "STEVE." The apparition, which occurred during a G1-class geomagnetic storm, was so long-lasting that at least one onlooker had time to capture rare video of the phenomenon. This is a still frame from a video of STEVE captured on April 10th by Matthew Wheeler of Robson Valley BC Canada. .
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Romans 1:20. #OurCreatorJehovahGod?

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Christian es el demandante representativo en una demanda colectiva de $66 millones que se ha entablado contra los Testigos de Jehovå en CanadÃ¥. Es en nombre de él y de otros sobrevivientes de abuso sexual infantil, quienes acusan a la secta de proteger a los depredadores sexuales de la justicia.
      La demanda, que aÃÂșn no ha sido certificada por el tribunal, es simplemente la ÃÂșltima en lo que se ha convertido en una creciente presión internacional sobre la secta religiosa para cambiar la doctrina que los críticos dicen que protege a los pedófilos.
      Se llama la Regla de los Dos Testigos. Al citar las Escrituras, los testigos de Jehovå requieren que haya al menos dos testigos de actos de abuso sexual infantil antes de que se pueda tomar alguna medida contra presuntos abusadores sexuales, a menos que haya una confesión.
      A través de una investigación que se extiende desde Canadå, EE. UU., Inglaterra y Australia, el programa W5 expone cómo la organización desalentó las acusaciones de agresión sexual de ser denunciadas a la policía.
      También revela que los Testigos de Jehovå mantienen una base de datos secreta, documentando cada alegato de abuso sexual contra miembros que alguna vez se haya realizado.

• By Bible Speaks
      CANADA STUDIES THE BEHAVIOR AFTER THE DENUNCIATION OF A POLITICS AGAINST JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
      For this, they will consult with Jehovah's ExWitnesses.
      The press article says:
      This is the report of the medical examiner Luc Malouin the death of Eloise Dupuis, a young Jehovah's Witness died a week after giving birth and who had refused a blood transfusion, causing the member of Taschereau to act.
      The letter sent to the Vice-president of the Commission of Institutions, the member of the Parliament for VerchÚres Stéphane Bergeron, specifically mentions members of sects who are in emergency medical situations, especially women.
      Although the Liberal Party has a majority in the Institutions Committee, Ms. Maltais hopes that she can convince the majority of the members to study the matter in a parliamentary committee. "Jehovah's Witnesses, former Jehovah's Witnesses, representatives of hospitals and public health could testify, the idea is to understand, because forensic reports will always say that all the rules have been respected. free and voluntary consent when a person has been in a cult for years and is under pressure, "says Maltais.
      Published last week, the coroner's report indicated that Malouin is independent and without undue influence how her religious community Eloise Dupuis had rejected a blood transfusion in October 2016. The 27-year-old resident of San Marguerite, Beauce died in the HÎtel-Dieu de Lévis a week later.

• By Srecko Sostar
      A group of alleged sexual abuse survivors from across the country have filed a $66-million class action lawsuit against the Jehovah’s Witness, CityNews has learned.
      The victims are seeking $20 million for damages from sexual and mental abuse by elders, $20 million for failing to protect children, and another $20 million for breach of duty of care.
      links:

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Barry W. Bussey: Last week, the Supreme Court was asked to do something courts never do: review the solely religious decision of a church
      On November 2, the Supreme Court of Canada was asked to do something Canadian courts never do: review the solely religious decision of a church community. Until now, the courts have recoiled from getting involved in religious disputes—and for good reason.
      The case involves Randy Wall, who was dismissed from a Jehovah’s Witness church for failing to repent of his religious offences: getting drunk on two occasions and verbally abusing his wife. Wall’s appeal to another church entity was unsuccessful. He then appealed to a court of law by means of “judicial review,” on the grounds that the church had denied him a proper hearing. 
      In Canadian law, in a process known as “judicial review,” a person can ask a court to “review” (i.e. hear) whether the decision of a “public actor” (such as a government licensing agency) was unfairly decided. Courts rarely review decisions of “private actors” (such as a church); they generally do so only if a private actor’s decision engages property or civil rights. In Wall’s case, the court had to determine whether the Jehovah’s Witness church’s decision involved property or contractual rights, which would then enable the court to review the church’s decision.
      "The church argued it was a private religious body, not a public body"
      The church argued it was a private religious body, not a public body, and that its decision did not affect Wall’s property or contractual rights. It also argued that its disciplinary procedure was a religious process involving prayer and scripture reading aimed at reconciling the relationship between Wall and the church. The lower courts both held that religious decisions can be reviewed by courts to determine whether a church gave a fair hearing, even if no property or contractual rights were engaged. However, both courts were also of the view that property rights were an issue in the case. The Supreme Court of Canada must now decide whether those courts were right. The Supreme Court reserved judgment after last week’s hearing; we can expect its decision early in the new year.
      Courts like to “fix things.” They naturally want to find resolutions to disputes; this is what they exist to do. However, courts have historically avoided getting involved in religious cases, recognizing that they lack the expertise and authority to settle religious disagreements. They handle legal cases, such as contractual disputes, but not religious cases that raise metaphysical truths, such as the definition of God.
      Wall argued his case did involve a “property right,” because his dismissal from his church meant the church members were no longer willing to do business with him. As a real estate agent, 50 per cent of his clientele were Jehovah’s Witnesses. His business folded from the loss of their support. He says there is a direct line of causation between his loss of church membership and business loss. It’s likely the case that one caused the other, but that doesn’t mean Wall’s claim is a legally enforceable property right. 
      "A church member is not required to patronize the business of a former church member"
      The reality is, Wall chose to limit his business to Jehovah’s Witnesses and took a personal risk in doing so. The church did not tell him to do so, and certainly there is no known legal principle that says a church is responsible for the economic losses that might flow from a loss of membership. A church member is not required to patronize the business of a former member. In the same way, we would not expect a former husband to maintain business with his ex-wife’s family.
      At last week’s hearing, Wall’s legal counsel tried to persuade the court that, if there are no grounds under Canadian law for the court to interfere in purely religious matters, the court should then consider adopting U.K. law, which does allow this type of review. “Good luck!” Justice Rosalie Abella quipped, prompting everyone to burst into laughter.
      That exchange suggested the court was not persuaded that it is time to change the law to allow courts to get tangled up in reviewing decisions of religious bodies. That would be a good thing, as courts don’t have the moral or legal authority or doctrinal expertise to decide such matters.
      This hearing occurred around the time of the 500-year anniversary of Martin Luther’s nailing of his 95 Theses to a church door in Wittenberg, Germany. If we have learned anything since then, it’s that the law does not need to apply to every nook and cranny of our lives – especially our religious affairs.
      Barry W. Bussey is Director Legal Affairs at the Canadian Council of Christian Charities. He blogs at lawandreligion.org

• Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      The judicial committee of a congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses asked the Supreme Court of Canada today to rule that Canadian courts do not have the authority to review the expulsion of one of their members — arguing that judicial review by the courts should not extend to decisions by private and voluntary associations that have no effect on the public at large.
      The Highwood Congregation, located in northwest Calgary, brought its appeal to Ottawa after Randy Wall took the congregation to court for expelling him from the church. The congregation’s judicial committee “disfellowshipped” Wall in the spring of 2014 after his family reported to the group’s elders that he had been drunk on two occasions and was verbally and emotionally abusing them — and after determining he was not “not sufficiently repentant” for those actions.
      After three internal and unsuccessful appeals, Wall applied for judicial review of the congregation’s decision-making process, insisting it was flawed and that the congregation’s judicial committee had “breached the principles of natural justice and the duty to be fair.” Both the Court of Queen’s Bench and Court of Appeal in Alberta declared that it is within the jurisdiction of the superior court to review Wall’s case.
      The congregation’s appeal of those two rulings, heard by the Supreme Court Thursday morning, has attracted a lot of attention from legal experts and religious communities across the country. Echoing the congregation’s plea today in the packed Ottawa courtroom were 12 religious, political and civil liberties groups — all of them unanimous in arguing the top court should not interfere in the membership decisions of religious bodies.
      The consequences of such interference, they said, would be detrimental to the self-determination of religious groups.
      “It (would) fundamentally alter our nation and not for the better,” counsel for the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms said in court.
      “The wish or desire of one person to associate with an unwilling person (or an unwilling group) is not a legal right of any kind,” the group wrote in its written submission to the Supreme Court. “For a court, or the government, to support such a ‘right’ violates the right of self-determination of the unwilling parties.”
      This question of jurisdiction is one that has been explored and decided on by the courts — including the Supreme Court of Canada — in the past. Case law shows the top court has recognized the the autonomous ability of religious and private voluntary associations to govern their own affairs and dictate who can and cannot be a member of a congregation.
      The courts have determined, however, there is room to intervene in specific cases when a membership decision turns on property or civil rights — or is of “sufficient importance to deserve the intervention of the court.”
      Wall — who does not dispute the allegations against him that formed the basis of the congregation’s decision to kick him out — argues his case meets those requirements because his “disfellowship” caused him to lose business clients, suffer “significant economic harm” and experience fraught family relations.
      In return, the congregation argues that neither Wall’s property rights, nor his civil rights, were affected by their decision. Justice Russell Brown also remarked during the hearing that “one does not have a justiciable right to earn a living.”
      The congregation also argued that it did not ask or force its members to boycott Wall’s business — but people choose to do so in line with their religious convictions. Counsel for the congregation also said that “the door is not closed” to Wall and he can be reinstated in the congregation in the future.
      More generally, the congregation argued that it would be inappropriate for the courts to review the internal decision-making processes of religious groups because those processes are ecclesiastical.
      In a news release, the Association for Reformed Political Action — one of the 12 intervening groups — said the case before the Supreme Court has “profound implications for the separation of church and state” and it believes the court should maintain a hands-off approach to membership decision-making by religious groups.
      “Secular judges have no authority and no expertise to review a church membership decision,” the association’s director of law and policy, AndrĂ© Schutten, wrote in the statement. “Church discipline is a spiritual matter falling within spiritual jurisdiction, not a legal matter falling within the courts’ civil jurisdiction. The courts should not interfere.”
      The Canadian Muslim Lawyers Association took a slightly more nuanced position, arguing in its factum that “there will inevitably be cases where judicial intervention in the decisions of religious groups is ‘warranted'” but courts “should intervene 
 only in the rare case where required by a prevailing public interest.”
      Thursday’s hearing was heard by all nine justices on the Supreme Court bench. Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin said the court will reserve its decision after today’s hearing.
      Overflow seating was set up in the front hall of the Supreme Court to accommodate all the people who came to see the hearing live.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      TORONTO.- La demanda acusa a la organización religiosa de tener reglas y políticas que protegen a los que abusan sexualmente de menores y ponen a los niños en riesgo.
      “La polĂ­tica y el protocolo de la organizaciĂłn para hacer frente a las denuncias de abuso sexual estĂĄ gravemente dañada y resulta en mĂĄs daño a las vĂ­ctimas de abuso sexual y en alegatos legĂ­timos de abuso sexual que no se denuncian”, dice el documento.
      “Esta es una cuestiĂłn que la comunidad en general debe preocuparse, y no sĂłlo los testigos de Jehová”, dijo Tricia Franginha. Agrega que sus primeros 14 años de vida como Testigo de JehovĂĄ fueron llenos con abuso sexual.
      “Como resultado de los procedimientos, cuando se presentan acusaciones de abuso, a estos delincuentes sexuales se les dejan en libertad”, dice Franginha. “Como la mayorĂ­a de la gente sabe acerca de los testigos de JehovĂĄ, es que ellos son los que vienen a su puerta los sĂĄbados por la mañana, cuando sus hijos estĂĄn en casa y por lo que saben, esa persona ha ofendido mĂĄs de una vez”.
      TodavĂ­a ninguna de las acusaciones en esta demanda ha sido probada en el Tribunal Superior de Ontario. Un portavoz de los Testigos de JehovĂĄ dijo que mientras la demanda ha sido presentada, la organizaciĂłn aĂșn no la ha recibido oficialmente, por lo que no pueden comentar los detalles.
      “Los Testigos de JehovĂĄ aborrecen el abuso infantil y nunca protegerĂ­an a ningĂșn perpetrador”, fue la explicaciĂłn el portavoz Mattieu Rozon. La organizaciĂłn tambiĂ©n dice que los ancianos de la congregaciĂłn cumplen con las leyes de reportes de abuso infantil.
      Franginha dijo que cuando ella fue a buscar ayuda, fue callada.
      “Cuando tenĂ­a alrededor de los 12 años, me dijeron que debĂ­a tner dos testigos y que tenĂ­a que respetar a mis padres – callarme y no hablar de ello”, explicĂł.
      La necesidad de que dos testigos corroboren las denuncias de abuso es señalada en la demanda. Las personas que han sido abusadas sexualmente deben presentar dos testigos creíbles de su abuso, explica Franginha, quien añade que los testigos deben ser otros Testigos de Jehovå en buen estado en la iglesia.
      “Esto, obviamente, nunca sucede”. “La naturaleza misma del crimen es que es secreto”.
      La demanda también alega que la policía no es llamada cuando las acusaciones de abuso sexual salen a la superficie y en su lugar son manejadas por los veteranos de la iglesia dentro del Salón del Reino.
      “Es nuestra información, basándonos en personas que nos contactaron, que los sistemas que tienen no protegen contra el abuso sucedido, y cuando se hacen denuncias, se toman medidas inadecuadas para asegurar que la queja llegue a las autoridades apropiadas” dice Bryan McPhadden, ayudante de McPhadden Samac Tuovi, que representa a las víctimas.
      Las víctimas buscan $20 millones por daños por abuso sexual y mental perpetradas por personas mayores, $20 millones por no proteger a los niños y otros $20 millones por incumplimiento del deber de cuidado.
      La demanda se espera que tome años para abrirse paso a través de los tribunales.
      Si usted cree que califica para unirse a la demanda colectiva, puede comunicarse con los abogados en www.mcst.ca.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      A group of alleged sexual abuse survivors from across the country have filed a $66-million class action lawsuit against the Jehovah’s Witness, CityNews has learned.
      The suit accuses the religious organization of having rules and policies that protect child sex abusers and put children at risk.
      “The organization’s policy and protocol for dealing with allegations of sexual abuse is seriously flawed, and results in further harm to victims of sexual abuse and results in legitimate allegations of sexual abuse going unreported,” it alleges.
      “This is an issue that the wider community should be concerned with, and not just Jehovah’s Witnesses,” says Tricia Franginha. She says her first 14 years of life as a Jehovah’s Witness were filed with sexual abuse.
      “As a result of their procedures, when abuse allegations come forward, these sexual offenders are left at large,” Franginha says. “As most people know about Jehovah’s Witnesses, they are the ones who come to your door on Saturday mornings, when your kids are home, and for all you know, that person has offended more than once.”
      None of the allegations in this the suit have been tested in Ontario Superior Court. A spokesperson for the Jehovah’s Witness says that while the suit has been filed, the organization hasn’t officially received it yet, so they can’t comment on the details.
      “Jehovah’s Witnesses abhor child abuse and would never shield any perpetrator,” says spokesperson Mattieu Rozon. The organization also says congregation elders comply with child abuse reporting laws.
      Franginha says that when she went for help, she was shut down.
      “When I was around 12, I was told that I didn’t have two witnesses and I needed to respect my parents – not to talk about it,” she says.
      The need to have two witnesses corroborate allegations of abuse is singled out in the suit. People who have been sexually abused must present two credible witnesses to their abuse, explains Franginha, who adds that the eyewitnesses must be other Jehovah’s Witnesses in good standing in the church.
      “This, obviously, never happens,” she says. “The very nature of the crime is that it’s secret.”
      The suit also alleges that police are not called when allegations surface and instead they’re handled by church elders inside Kingdom Hall.
      “It is our information, based on people who contacted us, that the systems in place don’t guard against [abuse] happening, and when allegations are made, inadequate measures are in place to ensure that the complaint reaches the proper authorities,” says Bryan McPhadden, laywer at McPhadden Samac Tuovi, which is representing the victims.
      The victims are seeking $20 million for damages from sexual and mental abuse by elders, $20 million for failing to protect children, and another $20 million for breach of duty of care.
      The lawsuit is expected to take years to wind its way through the courts. If you believe you qualify to join the class action suit, you can reach out at www.mcst.ca.
      By Guest
      U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer is finishing up the third round of NAFTA negotiations alongside counterparts from Mexico and Canada. 
      They’re talking cars. Right now, a law known as the “rules of origin” states that for a car produced in NAFTA countries, 62.5% of its total value must originate in those countries. BUT there aren’t any country-specific mandates. Expect the U.S., which feels like it’s getting stiffed in vehicle manufacturing, to demand a minimum level of U.S.-made parts.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Recourse to secular courts
      Religious laws apply to a believer's spiritual life. They don't trump Canada's Criminal Code, civil law or other statutes. 
      Sometimes, secular courts are even called upon to judge whether a faith-based decision is fair.
      On Nov. 2, the Supreme Court of Canada will hear from an 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  a decision made by a Jehovah's Witnesses' judicial committee. Elders disfellowshipped — or expelled — Randy Wall when they decided the Calgary man was not sufficiently repentant for two drunken incidents where he allegedly verbally abused his wife.
      This decision by elders of the congregation required Wall's wife and children to shun him. Wall, a real estate agent, alleges the shunning caused him to lose a large number of Jehovah's Witnesses clients. Courts are sometimes are asked to judge the fairness of a religious rule or decision. The Supreme Court of Canada has agreed to hear the case of a Jehovah's Witness who was expelled for alleged verbal abuse of his wife. (Chris Wattie/Canadian Press)
      In 2007, 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  who took action against her ex-husband for refusing to grant her a religious Jewish divorce, known as a get. "The consequences to women deprived of a get and loyal to their faith are severe," Justice Rosalie Abella wrote.
      "They may not remarry within their faith, even though civilly divorced. If they do remarry, children from a second civil marriage are considered illegitimate and restricted from practising their religion."
      Full article: 
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Un juez ha autorizado a un hospital de Montreal a realizar transfusiones de sangre para tratar a una adolescente de 14 años con cÃ¥ncer, a pesar de su rechazo porque es testigo de JehovÃ¥.
      Al permitir las transfusiones, el tribunal dictaminó que es lícito proteger a los niños, a veces "contra sí mismos", cuando sus decisiones pueden ser fatales.
      Bajo la ley de Quebec, los menores de 14 años pueden rechazar ciertos servicios de salud. Sin embargo, si los padres del niño o un hospital -en este caso, el Centro Universitario de Salud McGill- quieren administrar esos servicios, pueden solicitar el permiso de un juez.
      El juez de la Corte Superior, Lukasz Granosik, dijo en su decisión que la adolescente es "una chica brillante y articulada" que tiene mucho éxito en la escuela y tiene una "madurez mÃ¥s allÃ¥ de su edad biológica", pero que aÃÂșn no estaba madura para decidir, y estaba bajo la presión de sus padres que también son testigos de JehovÃ¥.
      Granosik también señaló que la niña habló de la muerte con "renuncia", a pesar de tener un 97 por ciento de posibilidades de recuperación si se sometió a tratamiento.
      En junio de 2017, descubrió que tenía linfoma de Hodgkin, una forma de cåncer, y tuvo que comenzar la quimioterapia.
      Este tratamiento, sin embargo, a menudo requiere transfusiones de sangre. Sin ella, la paciente podría morir o sufrir un daño neurológico irreversible, dijo su médico.
      Los Testigos de Jehovå no aceptan transfusiones de sangre.
      La decisión del juez Granosik fue rendida el 1 de septiembre.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      A judge has authorized a Montreal hospital to perform blood transfusions to treat a 14-year-old teen with cancer, despite her refusal because she is a Jehovah's Witness.
      By allowing transfusions, the court ruled that it is lawful to protect children, sometimes "against themselves," when their decisions can be fatal.
      Under Quebec law, minors over the age of 14 can refuse certain health services. However, if the child’s parents or a hospital--in this case, the McGill University Health Centre--wants to administer those services, they can seek a judge’s permission.
      Superior Court Judge Lukasz Granosik said in his decision that the teen is "a brilliant, articulate girl" who is very successful at school and has a "maturity beyond her biological age," but that she was not yet mature enough to decide for herself, and was under pressure from her parents who are also Jehovah's Witnesses.
      Granosik also noted the girl spoke of death with "resignation," despite having a 97 percent chance of recovery if she underwent treatment.
      In June 2017, she found out she had Hodgkin's lymphoma, a form of cancer, and had to begin chemotherapy.
      This treatment, however, often requires blood transfusions. Without it, the patient could die or suffer irreversible neurological damage, her doctor said.
      Jehovah’s Witnesses do not accept blood transfusions.
      Judge Granosik’s decision was rendered on Sept. 1.
      - With a report from The Canadian Press

• By Bible Speaks
      QUEBEC, CANADA
      A judge orders a 14-Year-old witness to be baptized with blood.
      A judge from Quebec has decided that a 14-Year-old Jehovah's witness who has cancer must undergo blood transfusions, despite his express desire not to receive them.
      The Adolescent, who is not named, learned in June that she has hodgkin's lymphoma, a rare form of cancer affecting white blood cells. He has an excellent survival rate, if it's early.
      Treatment involves chemotherapy, which often requires blood transfusions. But as Jehovah's witness, the faith of the girl states that it is against God's desires to consume or be transfused with any blood.
      The girl, who had just turned 14 at the time of her diagnosis, refused to accept any transfusion.
      Under the québec law, children under the age of 14 may reject certain health services. However, if the parents of the child or a hospital want to administer these services, they may request the permission of a judge.
      In his decision issued earlier this month, judge lukasz granosik noted that the girl had embraced his religion at an early age and was baptized at 12 years of his own agreement.
      McGill University Health Center, where the girl was being treated, argued that the girl was not mature enough to make those decisions and was under the pressure of her parents to refuse transfusions.
      In his judgement, granosik noted that the girl was brilliant and expressive, but also said he was talking about death "almost with resignation".
      Noting that the law is designed to protect children even from themselves, he ordered the girl to submit to any blood transfusion necessary to save his life
      The girl's Hematologist-oncologist says that the girl's prognosis with full treatment is excellent, with 97 percent of recovery possibilities.
      The hospital has promised to use blood transfusions only if the child's life is in danger, and use other methods to avoid transfusions when possible.
      No update on the current adolescent health status is known.

• By Bible Speaks
      The Quebec court requests the adoption of a collective demand for sexual abuse against Jehovah's witnesses
      A trial proposes to accuse the leadership of the religious organization in Canada and the United States to protect alleged abusers
      The lawsuit is looking for $ 250.000 per plaintiff for moral and punitive damages.
      Radio-Canada says that, if approved by the court, collective action will be the first of its kind against Jehovah's witnesses, a religious movement that is already the subject of several individual trials in the United States.
      It is now up to the québec high court to determine whether the application is sufficiently substantiated to authorize collective action.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Quebec provincial police are investigating allegations of child sexual abuse by two members of a Jehovah’s Witnesses congregation in Mont-Laurier in the Laurentians, Radio-CanadaÂ’s investigative program EnquÃÂȘte has learned.
      Both men have been sanctioned through the churchÂ’s internal disciplinary process for dealing with allegations of child abuse, but congregation elders did not share their findings with civil authorities.
      One of the men being investigated, Michel Courtemanche, who has been expelled from the congregation, was acquitted of charges of sexual assault and indecent assault in 1996.
      However, the Sûreté du Québec has renewed its investigation of Courtemanche and has begun investigating another man, former congregation elder Georges Leclerc, based on new evidence from at least seven alleged victims.
      Leclerc has been stripped of his status as an elder, but he has not been arrested or charged, and he refused to speak with EnquÃÂȘte.
      Courtemanche has not been arrested or charged as a result of the new investigation and denies the allegations against him. In an interview with EnquÃÂȘte, he pointed to his 1996 acquittal.
      “My answer is there was a judgment on this based on very precise facts, and I was acquitted,” he said.
      At least 7 potential victims, police say
      EnquÃÂȘte spoke with Pénélope Herbert, the woman whose allegations of repeated sexual assaults starting when she was just 10 led to CourtemancheÂ’s 1996 trial.  
      Carolle Poudrier, now in her mid-40s, also told EnquÃÂȘte of alleged sexual contact by Courtemanche, over a period of months when she was 11.
      In the case of Herbert, she said the assaults continued until she was 17 — even after her family moved from Mont-Laurier.
      “He would come to our house to say hello and would sleep over,” Herbert, now 42, told EnquÃÂȘte. “Those nights, he would come to my room. WeÂ’re talking total rape, those nights.”
      Carolle Poudrier told EnquÃÂȘte of alleged sexual contact by Michel Courtemanche, over a period of months when she was 11. (Jasmin Simard/Radio-Canada)
      EnquÃÂȘte has learned the SQ has interviewed more than 40 people, of whom seven have been identified as potential victims of either Courtemanche or Leclerc.
      Four of the seven, including Herbert and Poudrier, have now filed formal complaints with police. SQ spokesperson Martine Asselin told EnquÃÂȘte theyÂ’re now seeking other possible victims and witnesses.
      “We’re looking to identify other potential victims who perhaps feel they’re alone and aren’t ready to talk,” Asselin said.
      “They should know that investigators are ready to meet with them and witnesses.”
      Both men were friends
      According to EnquÃÂȘte, Leclerc and Courtemanche were friends around the time HerbertÂ’s parents lodged an internal complaint with the congregation about the alleged assaults on their daughter.
      Leclerc was, as a congregation elder, a senior member of the congregation who is responsible for providing religious guidance and ruling on disciplinary matters.
      EnquÃÂȘte said Leclerc allegedly did not speak to Herbert to learn the details of her complaint, as required by JehovahÂ’s Witness protocols in such matters.
      Courtemanche was later reprimanded and allowed to remain in the congregation.
      Georges Leclerc and Michel Courtemanche were friends around the time Pénélope HerbertÂ’s parents lodged an internal complaint with the congregation, according to EnquÃÂȘte. (Jasmin Simard/Radio-Canada)
      Disillusioned with how the JehovahÂ’s Witnesses had handled her complaint, Herbert took her allegations to police in 1995.
      Courtemanche remained a JehovahÂ’s Witness after his acquittal but was expelled in 2014, EnquÃÂȘte found, after two other women filed internal complaints alleging he had assaulted them as minors.
      Leclerc remains with the Mont-Laurier congregation, but EnquÃÂȘte says he was stripped of his elder duties after at least three women filed complaints internally with the JehovahÂ’s Witnesses, alleging he had assaulted them when they were minors.
      Police, youth protection not notified of allegations
      According to EnquÃÂȘte, the first time police investigated HerbertÂ’s allegations against Courtemanche in the mid-1990s, they were not aware Carolle PoudrierÂ’s parents had also alleged Courtemanche had assaulted their daughter.
      Poudrier’s parents were members of a congregation in Terrebonne, just north of Montreal, and had filed their complaint there — not with Courtemanche’s congregation in Mont-Laurier.
      Poudrier alleged that Courtemanche, who was working for her dad, would make her sit on his lap so he could caress and tickle her, which made her uneasy. A few months later, he kissed her twice.
      “He asked me if IÂ’d ever kissed anyone, and he put his tongue in my mouth. I found that disgusting,” Poudrier told EnquÃÂȘte.
      After she told her parents and they complained, Poudrier was made to recount what happened to a congregational elder in the presence of her father.
      Carolle Poudrier told what happened to a congregational elder in the presence of her father. (Jasmin Simard/Radio-Canada)
      “I was really stressed talking about sexual matters with a man I didn’t know, in front of my father. It was embarrassing,” Poudrier said.
      She said the elder thanked her for telling him what had happened and said that “he was there to take care of it.”
      In a lawyer’s letter to Radio-Canada, the elder in question, John MacEwan, said he knew Poudrier’s family but denied meeting with them concerning allegations against Courtemanche.
      When asked by EnquÃÂȘte if the Terrebonne congregation had shared the complaint against Courtemanche with his Mont-Laurier congregation, MacEwan refused to answer.
      Neither police nor youth protection authorities were ever notified of the alleged assaults on Poudrier.
      The JehovahÂ’s Witnesses leadership, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, has given preference to internal judicial procedures and protocols for dealing with matters such as child abuse.
      Carolle PoudrierÂ’s father, left, had worked with Michel Courtemanche, right. (Jasmin Simard/Radio-Canada)
      “In some jurisdictions, individuals who learn of an allegation of child abuse may be obligated by law to report the allegation to the secular authorities,” an internal memo to elders from 2016 reads.
      “In all cases, the victim and her parents have the absolute right to report an allegation to the authorities.”
      When it comes to sharing information with outside authorities, however, the leadership has insisted on maintaining confidentiality, citing privacy and the ecclesiastical privilege conferred by confessions.
      EnquÃÂȘte found there are as many as 30 steps a JehovahÂ’s Witness must take before that person is allowed to testify in court or furnish civil authorities with church documents, when it comes to matters of child abuse.
      “When you study the process, you realize itÂ’s really a process for avoiding, a system for protecting the reputation of the JehovahÂ’s Witnesses,”  said Marilou Lagacé, a former Witness interviewed by EnquÃÂȘte.
      New instructions regarding allegations of child sexual abuse
      A recent royal commission in Australia found the JehovahÂ’s Witness church there had recorded allegations of child sexual abuse against 1,006 members over a 60-year period. Not one allegation had been reported to authorities outside the church.
      With pressure mounting in the wake of that royal commission and other allegations of sexual abuse of children in its ranks, on Sept. 1, the Watchtower Society issued new instructions regarding allegations of child sexual abuse.
      Those instructions recognize child sexual abuse as a crime and assert that members should be “clearly informed that they have the right” to report an allegation of abuse to police.
      “The congregation’s handling of an accusation of child sexual abuse is not intended to replace the secular authority’s handling of the matter,” the Sept. 1 letter reads.
      “Therefore, the victim, her parents, or anyone else who reports such an allegation to the elders should be clearly informed that they have the right to report the matter to the secular authorities.
      Elders do not criticize anyone who chooses to make such a report.”

• By Bible Speaks
      Have you attended the 2017 Don't Give Up convention yet? How many people attended? My convention was held in June, and was tied into the Special Convention in Toronto, where we had the privilege of listening to Brother Herd give a talk all 3 days! ?
      ~ Tap on Link to Video MP4 ___
      Video by @hcastrojr -

• By Bible Speaks
      Ontario, Canada, robots to operate cancer in Jehovah's witnesses.
      The patient, a 70-Year-old high risk of prostate cancer, was a Jehovah's witness.
      His religion was one of the reasons why he decided to undergo surgery in st. Joseph's healthcare in Hamilton, home to a robot named da Vinci, whose firm metal hands can remove a prostate with little risk of blood transfusions prohibited by man's faith.
      On a recent afternoon, the patient remained unconscious on an operating table while surgeon bobby shayegan and his team threw a camera and three surgical instruments controlled through small incisions in his abdomen.
      Dr... Shayegan settled in front of a three-dimensional screen, joined the two joysticks who controlled the tools inside his patient's pelvis and proceeded to cut, cauterize and sew until he released the man's prostate, pulling it out through one of the original incisions.
      There was no blood.
      " that was routine said Dr. Shayegan later, holding the gland the size of a plum tree that he and the robot had withdrawn together. Very routine.
      This is how nine out of every 10 prostatectomy take place in the United States. Robot-assisted surgery is not the path of the future there - it is the path of now.