The World News Media

JW 2020 YEAR TEXT, AN INSULT TO GOD AND CHRIST

Patiently waiting for Truth

OUR YEARTEXT FOR 2020: “Go, therefore, and make disciples . . . , baptizing them.”—MATT. 28:19.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-january-2020/go-therefore-and-make-disciples/

3. Jesus said: “Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, . . . teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.”

True to Jesus’ words, today the disciple-making work is in full swing. Think of it! Nearly 300,000 people each year get baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses and become disciples of Jesus Christ!

21 During 2020, our yeartext will help us to focus on improving the quality of our disciple-making work. It features some of the words Jesus spoke during that momentous meeting on a mountain in Galilee: “Go, therefore, and make disciples . . . , baptizing them.”Matt. 28:19.

What a complete insult to Almighty God and Jesus Christ. Why ? Because of chopping out half of the True Scripture to suit their own greedy selfish purposes. Read above, they "get baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses

Matthew 28 v 18 - 20 

Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19  Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20  teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Anyone that cannot see the difference between the two baptisms must be deliberately blind.

And, I have also noticed that only the NWT writers have chosen to write Holy Spirit with lower case first letters. Other translations give those words proper respect.  Just three examples. 

Berean Study Bible
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
New American Standard Bible
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
New King James Version
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Choose for yourself whom you will serve, either serve the GB/Watchtower/JW Org, or, serve Almighty God through Jesus Christ. 

• Views 234
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OUR YEARTEXT FOR 2020: “Go, therefore, and make disciples . . . , baptizing them.”—MATT. 28:19. https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-january-2020/go-therefore-and-make-discipl

I thought the same thing when I read the year text.   They are baptized in the name of an organization - in the name of an idol.  Why do JWs say they follow scripture when it is evident that they

2 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

What a complete insult to Almighty God and Jesus Christ. Why ? Because of chopping out half of the True Scripture to suit their own greedy selfish purposes. Read above, they "get baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses

I thought the same thing when I read the year text.   They are baptized in the name of an organization - in the name of an idol. 

Why do JWs say they follow scripture when it is evident that they follow the doctrine of men instead?  And why, do they make excuses for their doctrines?  

So he said to them, “Isaiah prophesied correctly about you hypocrites, as it is written,

‘This people honors me with their lips,
    but their heart is far, far away from me.
7 And they worship me in vain,
    teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8 Abandoning the commandment of God, you hold fast to the tradition of men.”

9 And he said to them, “You splendidly ignore the commandment of God so that you can keep your tradition. "  Mark 7:6-9

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.