The World News Media

SECULAR EVIDENCE and NEO-BABYLONIAN CHRONOLOGY (Nebuchadnezzar, Cyrus, etc.)

JW Insider

On 12/24/2020 at 2:57 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

JW Insider giving proper model of behavior and polite,

Satan can be an angel of light -because deceit comes in all kind of forms.  A polite man can be one who speaks his own thoughts - not that of Jehovah.  

Nice does not mean good!  Remember that!  I prefer someone who is honest and maybe unpleasant - because I may not be ready to hear the truth!  and I know what I am dealing with.  Model behavior  can be misleading!

• Views 26.3k
  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me try to lay this out for you (although this is more for any interested readers' benefit than for yours). The stars, planets, and Moon are components in a giant sky-clock that keeps perfect time.

Since love doesn't keep account of the injury and covers a multitude of sins, I will not go back and show you what you have actually said. Besides, I've never wanted to make this into a contest of who

Most of what CC says is just bluster he finds randomly, evidently by Googling key words. And if it he doesn't quite understand it, he must think others won't understand it either, and therefore he thi

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Arauna said:

My dear - your arrogance astounds me once again as much as your patronizing ways.

You appear to have the same problem with "projection" as CC. (By the way, I think AlanF really is arrogant, too.) I, too, may have shown some arrogance, but I don't think it has been anything compared to the arrogance you and AlanF and Cesar Chavez and "Scholar JW" have shown. I think that you call "arrogance" anything that shows up the Watchtower chronology as inconsistent.

14 minutes ago, Arauna said:

You are the one deviating from the bible in addition to twisting ' rephrased lines' from watchtowers to suit your agenda.

I have not deviated from the Bible chronology. What apparently bothers you is the fact that the INSIGHT book reveals the inconsistencies through direct quotations, without rephrasing. What you are referring to, of course, is the fact that INSIGHT uses the phrase:

*** it-1 p. 453 Chronology ***
A Babylonian clay tablet is helpful for connecting Babylonian chronology with Biblical chronology.

You take that to mean that there other pieces of evidence that could do this, but which were not related to astronomy. It is true that this tablet is helpful, but there are other tablets, and king lists, and Babylonian chronicles, and inscriptions and contract tablets that are also helpful. It's when the entire chronology and calendar is pieced together that Babylonian chronology is connected with Biblical chronology.

I've already pointed out the problems with your claim about the Olympiads. I might repeat them again if I get a chance.

On 12/23/2020 at 4:56 PM, AlanF said:

Wrong. Only parts of the place were buried. Excavations were done on the buried parts. Yet again you

As usual you change the subject.  Most ancient buildings are totally covered up and have to be excavated .....especially those in Babylon.  Pasargadae was merely an example ........ and by the way ... I went to the article you sent me to .....and it seems that you are the one who has comprehension problems. English being your first language I am quite shocked at your sloppy comprehension.  I have at least an excuse!  You do not!

So you claim this to be proof that we are supposed to find Israeli POOP in the wilderness where they wandered for 40 years?   If buildings have to be dug up ....then maybe you should have searched for the poop a bit deeper !   dont you think? 

17 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I prefer someone who is honest and maybe unpleasant - because I may not be ready to hear the truth!

At least I have been fully and completely honest. I'll try a little harder to be more unpleasant. 😉 But even when you say I am blatantly lying and lyingly say every sort of untruth and insult about me, I realize where it comes from. It's not really you personally. It's a zeal for God, just not according to accurate knowledge. We must always be learning.

26 minutes ago, Arauna said:

How long did Jehoiakim reign ? do you know?  How long did Zedekia reign - do you know? Who were they vassals to?  Do you know?

Good. Three questions.

Maybe now we are getting somewhere. I have so far proposed a couple of dozen questions about the differences between the Watchtower chronology and the Bible chronology. Several of them were directed to you personally and you have either not seen them or ignored all but two of them. So let's start in order. Answer three of the chronology issues I have presented, and I will answer yours, the best I can.

Your several counter-questions were in response to the idea that I wrote as follows:

The 70 years actually fits the 70 years from around 609 to 539. The Watchtower chronology . . . tries to fit 90 years for Babylonian dominance, claiming that Babylon began to dominate between 629 and 625, according to the INSIGHT book, as already quoted several times.

So let's start from there and see if you will attempt to answer these questions:

Does Jeremiah 25 say that only Judea will serve Babylon for 70 years, or does it say "these nations"?

For reference, I'll quote the verse:

(Jeremiah 25:11, 12) . . .And all this land will be reduced to ruins and will become an object of horror, and these nations will have to serve the king of Babylon for 70 years.”’ 12 “‘But when 70 years have been fulfilled, I will call to account the king of Babylon and that nation for their error,’ declares Jehovah, ‘and I will make the land of the Chal·deʹans a desolate wasteland for all time.

And, if you can see that the answer is "these nations" and not just Judea, then the next question would be:

From what year did Babylon's dominance over these nations start? (or, When did these nations begin their servitude to Babylon?)

and

From what year did Babylon's dominance over these nations end? (or, When did these nations end their servitude to Babylon?)

16 hours ago, César Chávez said:

Therefore, repost pictures and whatever other ignorant things you want.

Okeydokey.

image.png

17 hours ago, César Chávez said:

The people that can't handle the truth are the ones that get exposed with their lies just like you were exposed with your nonsense of 15 degrees that you continue to avoid and evade.

Hey, I've been keeping this issue to the fore. You have been ducking and diving away from the obvious conclusion. 😂

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

As usual you change the subject.

Wrong as usual. You're simply too stupid to know what the subject is.

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

Most ancient buildings are totally covered up and have to be excavated .....especially those in Babylon.  Pasargadae was merely an example ........ and by the way ... I went to the article you sent me to .....and it seems that you are the one who has comprehension problems. English being your first language I am quite shocked at your sloppy comprehension.  I have at least an excuse!  You do not!

Of course, you can point out where my comprehension is lacking. NOT.

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

So you claim this to be proof that we are supposed to find Israeli POOP in the wilderness where they wandered for 40 years?   If buildings have to be dug up ....then maybe you should have searched for the poop a bit deeper !   dont you think? 

I already explained this so simply that even a small child could understand.

55 minutes ago, Arauna said:

pity their king lists and the dates had to be inserted by the Greeks who came centuries later- lol

Wrong as usual. Babylonian, Persian and Greek astronomers and astrologers kept up a running list of kings for centuries. By the time Ptolemy and his buddies wrote down the "Handy Tables" of kings and their reigns, along with the Royal Canon in the 2nd century CE, this king list had existed for at least 600 years.

Try doing some real research for once.

46 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

Good. Three questions.

Maybe now we are getting somewhere. I have so far proposed a couple of dozen questions about the differences between the Watchtower chronology and the Bible chronology. Several of them were directed to you personally and you have either not seen them or ignored all but two of them. So let's start in order. Answer three of the chronology issues I have presented, and I will answer yours, the best I can.

Your several counter-questions were in response to the idea that I wrote as follows:

So let's start from there and see if you will attempt to answer these questions:

Does Jeremiah 25 say that only Judea will serve Babylon for 70 years, or does it say "these nations"?

For reference, I'll quote the verse:

(Jeremiah 25:11, 12) . . .And all this land will be reduced to ruins and will become an object of horror, and these nations will have to serve the king of Babylon for 70 years.”’ 12 “‘But when 70 years have been fulfilled, I will call to account the king of Babylon and that nation for their error,’ declares Jehovah, ‘and I will make the land of the Chal·deʹans a desolate wasteland for all time.

And, if you can see that the answer is "these nations" and not just Judea, then the next question would be:

From what year did Babylon's dominance over these nations start? (or, When did these nations begin their servitude to Babylon?)

and

From what year did Babylon's dominance over these nations end? (or, When did these nations end their servitude to Babylon?)

Hey, them's fightin' words!