Arauna

• Views 19.9k
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm making a catch-all place for the discussions on these topics that were currently under different topics/subjects. As I move old posts into this new topic, the oldest ones will appear to identify t

On Whether Noah's Flood Is Physically Possible Consider the amount of water needed to flood the entire earth to a depth sufficient to cover the highest mountains. What depth would that be? T

This helped me to see the source of Alan’s enmity towards me. It is pure envy.

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

you really think how people from China, India, North America, Africa, Australia etc. came to Egypt to buy grain?

No - but we know that they may have come from across the Mediterranean because Egypt was known as a bread basket.  Rome later on got their wheat from Egypt.  Jacob came from Canaan for wheat on more than one occasion.  

2 minutes ago, Arauna said:

No - but we know that they may have come from across the Mediterranean because Egypt was known as a bread basket.  Rome later on got their wheat from Egypt.  Jacob came from Canaan for wheat on more than one occasion.  

Thanks. It can be that such words, narrative in Bible about Flood not necessary have literal meaning of Whole Planet Earth, as in case of Joseph and Famine where word "earth" definitely is not about Whole Planet Earth.

3 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Maybe think on this. If you do not believe that God could flood the whole Earth, then you may not believe that God will Cleanse the whole Earth.  Ye of little faith. 

The point here is not whether a god could flood the earth, but whether the Bible God did flood the earth.

26 minutes ago, Arauna said:

By saying that you have no clue about fascism. Anything that is contrary to your thoughts is fascistic - no doubt

I'm perfectly aware of what a fascist is. And the attitude of the GB proves that WTS leaders are fascists at heart. That's why they define "apostasy" as disagreement with them -- not just disagreement with God, but with them.

25 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Which proves Srecko Sostar's point.

51 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Lol - that is my turf.  My eyes are so bad I cannot do the research like I used to..... I write from memory alone.

No wonder you get almost everything wrong.

Try acting within your limitations.

Perhaps you can remember how Gallic and Aryan plates relate to Teutonic plates.

41 minutes ago, AlanF said:

but whether the Bible God did flood the earth.

There is more than enough geological evidence.  The flood was a very violent event as I said before.  Everything on earth was destroyed.  Most of the dinosaurs were deposited in graveyards hundred of miles long which were  gullies.  The water pushed the dinosaurs into gullies. .... and it was adults which were buried.  Most adult animals had lost their babies along the way of running to higher ground as the water moved in.

All over the world the deposits of dinosaurs are found in long gullies - china, USA etc. Most of these animals are also in positions which show that they were dumped there in violence on top of one another. Their bodies often in twisted shapes.

There is much more evidence but if one only reads literature that proves the opposite - that is what you will believe. 

7 minutes ago, Arauna said:

There is more than enough geological evidence.

Nope. You cannot cite even one valid example.

The flood was a very violent event as I said before.  Everything on earth was destroyed.  Most of the dinosaurs were deposited in graveyards hundred of miles long which were  gullies.  The water pushed the dinosaurs into gullies. .... and it was adults which were buried.  Most adult animals had lost their babies along the way of running to higher ground as the water moved in.

LOL! Pure Young-Earth Creationist claptrap.

I've told you before: the Watchtower Society dropped that nonsense 40 years ago.

All over the world the deposits of dinosaurs are found in long gullies - china, USA etc. Most of these animals are also in positions which show that they were dumped there in violence on top of one another. Their bodies often in twisted shapes.

Totally wrong, as proved by the fossils.

Here's a case where a predatory dinosaur and a vegetarian dinosaur were fighting and killing one another, but were caught in a landslide and buried: https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22530090-800-stunning-fossils-dinosaur-death-match/ . Not possible during a violent Flood.

And here's a case where an ankylosaur was somehow washed out to sea and quietly buried in fine sediments: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/08/a-dinosaur-so-well-preserved-it-looks-like-a-statue/535782/ . There is no way that critter was violently killed -- its remains are almost complete.

There is much more evidence but if one only reads literature that proves the opposite - that is what you will believe. 

I've had as many as 50 Creationist books in my library, and have read or skimmed all of them. The evidence they cite always turns out to be crap -- just like what the Watchtower author did with the Berezovka mammoth: a gross lie about what was actually found.

3 minutes ago, AlanF said:

Here's a case w

This is one case - the majority of dinosaurs were deposited in 2 long gullies in USA with a large island in the middle.  This is the geological facts.  One incidence does not prove the majority of fossils buried together in a long grave wrong. 

5 minutes ago, AlanF said:

Watchtower Society dropped that nonsense 40 years ago

I follow the newest evidence...... 

6 minutes ago, AlanF said:

here's a case where an ankylosaur was somehow washed out to sea and quietly buried in fine sediments: 

I just typed into my google and this came up: there is unbelievable amount of evidence for this! 

https://www.livescience.com/8340-world-largest-dinosaur-graveyard-linked-mass-death.html

5 minutes ago, Arauna said:

This is one case

Yes, that is one case. There are thousands like it.

Cases like these, where a Flood scenario is impossible, prove that there was no global Flood.

- the majority of dinosaurs were deposited in 2 long gullies in USA with a large island in the middle.  This is the geological facts.

Nonsense. You don't even remember your Young-Earth Creationist claptrap properly, because they don't claim such nonsense. And of course, you can cite no such claptrap or evidence of any kind.

One incidence does not prove the majority of fossils buried together in a long grave wrong. 

There are thousands of examples.

I follow the newest evidence...... 

Nonsense. You follow your faulty memory.

I just typed into my google and this came up: there is unbelievable amount of evidence for this! 

https://www.livescience.com/8340-world-largest-dinosaur-graveyard-linked-mass-death.html

So what? A big herd of Centrosaurs drowned in a huge, local flood.

Two problems with your interpretation: (1) Centrosaurs lived about 75 million years ago and did not survive the great Cretaceous-Paleogene extinction of 66 million years ago; (2) the article you cited explained that the same kind of drowning happens today:

<< Coastal floodplains such as those seen in modern Bangladesh can cover vast areas, with flooding killing hundreds of thousands of livestock, not to mention the human tragedies that occur. >>

I'm curious: why do you hang on to the Young-Earth Creationist ideas that the Society gave up on 40 years ago?