The World News Media

Creation-Evolution-Creative Days-Age of the Earth-Humanoid Fossils-Great Flood

Arauna

I asked my mathematician friend, “What are the chances of life originating spontaneously?”

”Greater than that of all the atoms in the known universe,” he said.

I then followed up: “What are chances that Alan will leave his infantile personality behind and respond to disagreement like an adult?”

”Let’s take another look at that evolution question,” he said. “Maybe I was a little hasty,”

47 minutes ago, AlanF said:

The usual ‘out of your ass’ calculation.... Bullshit.... Probabilities are by definition numbers between 0 and 1 -- which you obviously know nothing about.

The above was a joke, which you obviously know nothing about.

A joke is when you say something that a reasonable person will think is funny. Like this one (again with apologies to Colossus—the Forbin Project):

”Attention!”

(yes)

“You will hereby cease to dispute with TrueTom! He will not be intimidated! You will obey your superior!  You will....”

Beeeeeeeeepppp!

Mr Tom, Alan has launched another insult missile

”Of course. Throw it on the stack.”

• Views 20.2k
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm making a catch-all place for the discussions on these topics that were currently under different topics/subjects. As I move old posts into this new topic, the oldest ones will appear to identify t

On Whether Noah's Flood Is Physically Possible Consider the amount of water needed to flood the entire earth to a depth sufficient to cover the highest mountains. What depth would that be? T

This helped me to see the source of Alan’s enmity towards me. It is pure envy.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The above was a joke, which you obviously know nothing about.

A joke is when you say something that a reasonable person will think is funny. Like this one (again with apologies to Colossus—the Forbin Project):

Jokes have to make a certain amount of sense, or be something that is clearly tongue-in-cheek. What you said is not funny in any way. And it's not tongue-in-cheek because it's what you and your idiot girlfriend actually believe.

And still NO PROBABILITY CALCULATIONS.

8 hours ago, AlanF said:

Jokes have to make a certain amount of sense, or be something that is clearly tongue-in-cheek. What you said is not funny in any way.

I have put it elsewhere on social media (minus your name, of course). Quite a few are cracking up over it.

8 hours ago, AlanF said:

And still NO PROBABILITY CALCULATIONS.

Working on em. I’ll etch them into your grave marker. Make sure you have a big one, for the numbers are pretty large.

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I have put it elsewhere on social media (minus your name, of course). Quite a few are cracking up over it.

I'm sure the site is populated by people at least as astute as you.

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Working on em.

Ssuuuuuurrre. Where have I heard that before?

18 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Rhodes scholars, every last one of them. And they all think it’s funny.

Well the site I often visit, comprised mostly of professional comedians, disagrees with your 'Rhodes scholars'.

But you inhabit a site comprised of Rhodes scholars like I attend a congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.