The World News Media

Creation-Evolution-Creative Days-Age of the Earth-Humanoid Fossils-Great Flood

Arauna

4 hours ago, xero said:

I'm reminded of one criminal justice class I took. We got to interview a number of ex-felons. One thing that I learned from this is that people always give the most noble reason they can for their argument, though this is rarely the real argument. Often if you keep probing for their reasons you come down to something like...

(In answer to 'So why did you stab him?")

"I didn't like the look on his face."

This is true. I remember in the movie Die Hard, the baddies appear to have a noble cause; to exchange hostages in order to free.....can't remember who exactly, lol.  Then the moment when it dawns on Bruce Willis's wife that this is not their intent at all because in reality they are nothing but "common thieves" and this hostage situation was just a cover up and to buy themselves time. Their true intent was stealing billions.

• Views 20.2k
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm making a catch-all place for the discussions on these topics that were currently under different topics/subjects. As I move old posts into this new topic, the oldest ones will appear to identify t

On Whether Noah's Flood Is Physically Possible Consider the amount of water needed to flood the entire earth to a depth sufficient to cover the highest mountains. What depth would that be? T

This helped me to see the source of Alan’s enmity towards me. It is pure envy.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Anna said:

This is true. I remember in the movie Die Hard,

This reminds me of when I told Alan about all my friends in the circuit, and he dismissed them all as backstabbers. I acknowledged that this was true, and that I was even getting a little tired of it, but not to worry, as I had learned to whirl around like Chuck Norris and take them out with a kick to the head..

The fact that he cries foul at the hint of a joke, misunderstanding the very nature of life, as he regards this forum as his own personal courtroom and himself as Clarence Darrow, only adds to the ludicrous picture he presents. How can anyone possibly take him seriously?

5 hours ago, Arauna said:

I see you answered Anna but not the main theme of the bible.  You ignore that which indicates that there was a choice involved with adam and eve and it is about godly rulership and morals...... I guess that was too hard to answer or just dismissed ...... lol. 

The bible has a logical and consistent theme which is knitted into the fabric of the entire bible - this proves the bible was inspired by a higher entity who had a timeline with milestones.... which has been completed on time.

Your usual ass-backwards 'logic'. First you have to prove that Adam and Eve existed. Only then can you tell stories about them.

5 hours ago, Arauna said:

power is latent energy which can be put to use - the energy of god is always active...... you are so old school - lol 

"Power" in the sense used by Old Testament authors is in no way the same concept as "energy" as used by modern scientists. But to understand that takes a bit of brain power.

13 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

This reminds me of when I told Alan about all my friends in the circuit, and he dismissed them all as backstabbers. I acknowledged that this was true, and that I was even getting a little tired of it, but not to worry, as I had learned to whirl around like Chuck Norris and take them out with a kick to the head..

The fact that he cries foul at the hint of a joke, misunderstanding the very nature of life, as he regards this forum as his own personal courtroom and himself as Clarence Darrow, only adds to the ludicrous picture he presents. How can anyone possibly take him seriously?

Cluelessly irrelevant to our topic as always.

The outlook wasn’t brilliant for the Homies nine that day;...

And now the leather-covered sphere came hurtling through the air,
And Alan stood a-watching it in haughty grandeur there.
Close by the sturdy batsman the ball unheeded sped—
“That ain’t my style,” said Alan. “Strike one,” the umpire said.

You ignorant moron! That was a home run!” Alan said...

With a smile of [atheist] charity great Alan’s visage shone;
He stilled the rising tumult; he bade the game go on;
He signaled to the pitcher, and once more the spheroid flew;
But Alan still ignored it, and the umpire said, “Strike two.”

You’re brains are in your ass!” Alan said. “I knocked that one out of the park, too!”

...The sneer is [never] gone from Alan’s lip, his teeth are clinched in hate;
He pounds with cruel violence his bat upon the plate.
And now the pitcher holds the ball, and now he lets it go,
And now the air is shattered by the force of Alan’’s blow.

...Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Adhominemville—mighty Alan has struck out.

I did not!! That was a grand slam home run!! All of my swings are!! What a bunch of clueless imbeciles—all of you. The most stupid, brain dead crowd that I have ever played for!! What a....”

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:
The outlook wasn’t brilliant for the Homies nine that day;...

And now the leather-covered sphere came hurtling through the air,
And Alan stood a-watching it in haughty grandeur there.
Close by the sturdy batsman the ball unheeded sped—
“That ain’t my style,” said Alan. “Strike one,” the umpire said.

You ignorant moron! That was a home run!” Alan said...

With a smile of [atheist] charity great Alan’s visage shone;
He stilled the rising tumult; he bade the game go on;
He signaled to the pitcher, and once more the spheroid flew;
But Alan still ignored it, and the umpire said, “Strike two.”

You’re brains are in your ass!” Alan said. “I knocked that one out of the park, too!”

...The sneer is [never] gone from Alan’s lip, his teeth are clinched in hate;
He pounds with cruel violence his bat upon the plate.
And now the pitcher holds the ball, and now he lets it go,
And now the air is shattered by the force of Alan’’s blow.

...Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Adhominemville—mighty Alan has struck out.

I did not!! That was a grand slam home run!! All of my swings are!! What a bunch of clueless imbeciles—all of you. The most stupid, brain dead crowd that I have ever played for!! What a....”

Still too clueless to realize how clueless you are. There's a name for that.

12 hours ago, AlanF said:

First you have to prove that Adam and Eve existed

You have not proved yet that anything can come from NOTHING. You know the basic scientific approach of "cause and effect" ?  But science goes out of the window with evolution - it boils down to the fact that it is merely a belief, a theory, a religion, a imaginary story which quickly vaporizes under scrutiny of empirical or real science.

12 hours ago, AlanF said:

Power" in the sense used by Old Testament authors is in no way the same concept as "energy" as u

You are now a language expert as well  - lol   Ephesians 1:9 uses different words for the power - dynameos - and "energeian kratos...... and then the word for spirit is another word: "pneuma which always refers to a force in motion.....

So what I see is a person who thinks of himself as an expert on evolution and the bible and knows very little of both because his thinking abilities are not what he himself thinks they are......  I am sure there is a psychological name for that -  but I will not go down to your level of name calling.

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

You have not proved yet that anything can come from NOTHING.

Modern science does not speculate that everything came from nothing. Learn some science.

Where does your God come from? Nothing? Or something?

You know the basic scientific approach of "cause and effect" ?

Where did your God come from? What caused him?

But science goes out of the window with evolution - it boils down to the fact that it is merely a belief, a theory, a religion, a imaginary story which quickly vaporizes under scrutiny of empirical or real science.

Wrong. The fossil record contains billions of items that show an evolution occurring over more than 3.5 billion years.

Genetics proves that all creatures are related by descent from earlier ancestors.

Of course, we all know that you can give no answers. You're a gross hypocrite.

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

You are now a language expert as well  - lol

No, I'm just good at looking up words in Hebrew-English lexicons. Something you've never done, I'll bet.

Ephesians 1:9 uses different words for the power - dynameos - and "energeian kratos...... and then the word for spirit is another word: "pneuma which always refers to a force in motion.....

So what? The Greek still has nothing to do with the modern scientific concept of energy.

So what I see is a person who thinks of himself as an expert on evolution

Wrong. I'm just an amateur who refers to experts. As opposed to morons who refer only to religious texts and whack-a-doodle creationists.

and the bible and knows very little of both because his thinking abilities are not what he himself thinks they are......  I am sure there is a psychological name for that -  but I will not go down to your level of name calling.

Projection big time.

14 hours ago, AlanF said:

Still too clueless to realize how clueless you are.

For the life of me, I cannot take this fellow seriously. With a level of abuse (granted, I provoked it here, but it is just so much fun. And this is not really an example of it) that is off the charts, it is virtually the only thing about him worth mentioning.

I can’t imagine why the Librarian (that old hen) puts up with him, when she has dropped the abuse hammer on others. Poor CC suffers it every time you turn around—not necessarily unjustly, but certainly no worse than this fellow. Even Brother Fullalove (me) triggered an abuse complaint long ago.

I can only think that when commenters answer him without rebuke, or at least reproof  (most do not make that error) it is because somewhere through probably painful experience in life they have learned what is expedient with abusive men.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.