The World News Media

THE GOVERNING BODY'S ASSUMPTIONS

Witness

They state they were appointed as the “faithful and discreet slave”.

A question frequently asked, since they are not inspired, how did they receive this message from God, to know they should appoint themselves in this position?  Use some logical reasoning; they compare themselves to not only the apostles but even Moses – all inspired men, prophets and teachers chosen personally by God and Jesus Christ.  It takes total arrogance to make the assumption that God chose them to lead 8 million people, without inspiration from the Holy Spirit.  It takes total blindness for these people to believe that He has!  (Exod 3:10-12; John 15:16; Acts 9:15) (Mark 4:12; 1 Cor 2:14)

Since they are not inspired, they lean on their “Helpers” to share the workload of putting food on the spiritual table. (Ezek 44:6-9)  Are the Helpers inspired?  Someone has to be, in order to live up to their proclamation that God directs the organization. 

What about the anointed ones in the congregations? (Male or female – God is not partial, Gal 3:28; Rom 2:29)  Could they have some “inspiration” to share?  Do they know truth?  (1 John 2:27)

If they did act on the spirit given them through an anointing, what happens if their heart tells them that the GB are wrong in their teachings? (2 Cor 1:21,22) What happens if they choose to speak up, to defend truth?  To defend Jesus Christ as their Head? (Eph 4:25; 1 Tim 2:5-7)  They are ignored, silenced, and very possibly, disfellowshipped. (Ray Franz, as an example – one of probably thousands over the last century)  (John 16:2; Rev 13:15)  There is a huge army in place to take care of these matters - men, not appointed by God although JWs in general believe that once again, God even directs their appointment. (Dan 7:25; 8:24; Rev 9:4;13:7)  Can’t you see? The appointments by men are preferred over the authentic anointed appointments by God.

Let me tell you why God has nothing to do with appointing elders. When my husband was approached to be an elder, the body wrote the Society of their consideration; but also to let them know he wore a beard for medical reasons. (These men were desperate for help) The letter they received back said it was up to the body of elders to appoint him, and to be aware of possible consequences for their choice.  There was no Holy Spirit involved, no prayer uttered; only the opinion of men from the top, down to the congregation level just like it happens in any other organization.  Up to that point I had believed that the GB actually prayed over each elder appointment, and received the answer from God. In fact, an elder told me this.  Don’t be fooled, JWs.  God would not choose men to serve Him, when His priests were anointed specifically to fill the role as shepherds. (Mal 2:7; John 21:17; Matt 28:16-20; John 15:8; 1 Pet 2:5,9; Rom 12:1; Gal 6:9)  

“But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, a curse be on him!  As we have said before, I now say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, a curse be on him!”  Gal 1:8,9

If the GB was directed by Christ’s Holy Spirit, the Spirit would aid in leading the anointed members together, to teach truth.  Jesus performed miracles while on the earth, couldn’t he do the same from heaven?  The GB cannot claim to be a “faithful slave” of Christ, yet also reject their own brotherhood.  (1 Cor 12; 1 John 3:10-12; Matt 24:48-51)

“Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.”  Rom 12:16

“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time” 1 Pet 5b,6

Or, are some of these men total imposters in more ways than one.  If anointed, they have become “Israel’s” harlots by transgressing their covenant of life in Christ. (Rev 17:1-6)  Yet, perhaps some are total “Gentile” imposters, never to have been anointed to begin with – never appointed as a priest of God. (1 Pet 2:5,9)

And no -  if they reject their anointed brotherhood, refusing to acknowledge each member as necessary; refusing to acknowledge that this anointed body when working together would soar in speaking God’s truths, they are no longer under the covenant of life.  They have disconnected from the Head and become the “head” of the body they have chosen, the “Gentile” elders.  (Rev 11:1,2)

“ Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.”  Col 2:16-19

Wake up, JWs.   These men have shoved the anointed in Christ, into a back corner. (Isa 51:23)  Selfish power, not love, is their driving force in this organization.  Power over you, and especially over “Israel”. (Ezek 21:21,22,24,25) Deceit, not truth, is the driving spirit behind this organization and its leadership. (Matt 24:24) It is established on the ground, and in the realm where politics, riches, power and authority has become the bedrock of the GB’s “inspiration”. What spiritual entity offers these things? (Luke 4:5-7; Rev 9:1; 13:11) What spiritual entity would just as soon destroy Christ, and those part of his Body? (Rev 12:3,4,7) Can’t you see that this signifies a spiritual war based on deceit? (Eph 6:12;Rev 13:5-7; 16:13-16)  The holy priesthood has been absorbed into a nation and has lost its identity.  It appears that they would rather remain captive to falsehoods, than to open the door for Christ. ( Matt 25:6;Rev 3:18-20) Oh, how I wish all of you would leave darkness behind; and simply, turn to the light and truth of Jesus Christ.  (John 14:6)

The opposition that I usually receive to comments such as this, is in defense of the GB and the organization; whereas the Temple priesthood means little to nothing. (1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22) There is no defense given for Jesus Christ. (Dan 8:25) What sort of heavy spiritual blindness are JWs under that would cause them to exalt a man-made corporation, over a heavenly Temple/House built by God? (Rev 13:1,2,4; 16:13-16) The pride that JWs carry in their heart, in believing that doctrine of men and proven falsehoods can be called truth…believing that God has blessed their efforts through manpower (no inspiration by God remember? Zech 4:6)...while His house/dwelling/Temple of “living stones” lies in ruins, will ultimately bring them to their knees.  (Ezek 21:6,7; Luke 19:41-44; 2 Thess 2:9-12; Rev 18:4-8)

You reside in the “home” of the man of lawlessness – the disgusting thing that “sits” in the Temple of God and “tramples”/rules over the anointed priesthood. How I wish you could perceive this danger.  (Matt 24:15,16; 2 Thess 2:3,4)

“But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.” 2 Cor 4:2-6

Christ's Return - When?

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They state they were appointed as the “faithful and discreet slave”. A question frequently asked, since they are not inspired, how did they receive this message from God, to know they should appo

The subject regarding FDS is, have to be, the question of the quality of the characteristics of the individual and the fidelity of the individual to the teachings of Jesus and his instructions. Theref

But, as much as we talk on here and else where, nothing much seems to be happening. Will it be a cleansing of the Watchtower / JW Org, or will it be the formation of a new 'organisation', before

1 hour ago, Witness said:

They state they were appointed as the “faithful and discreet slave”.

The subject regarding FDS is, have to be, the question of the quality of the characteristics of the individual and the fidelity of the individual to the teachings of Jesus and his instructions. Therefore, I am of the opinion that the "Governing Body" sees itself wrongly and puts itself in the position of Administrative Manager who Governs over people and does so internationally over/above every and each congregation and individual in that congregation.
A man's inclination (in this case a bad inclination) is to rule or govern over others, and to determine for them what and how they should believe and act.

Sharing, giving food by meals does not involve determining how that food should be “digested” by someone. GB brings to the table the food that is not "healthy correct". But they order everyone at the table to eat it because it is the best food in the world. If someone refuses to eat, then they try to convince him that he is wrong, that he is disobedient, that he does not understand enough, that he has no faith, or that he is an apostate who opposes Jesus.

Did Jesus place them over people, the household? No, because it is the opposite of what Jesus taught: So Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their superiors exercise authority over them. But it shall not be this way among you .... - Mat 20, Mark 10

But, as much as we talk on here and else where, nothing much seems to be happening.

Will it be a cleansing of the Watchtower / JW Org, or will it be the formation of a new 'organisation', before Judgement time ?   

I use the term 'organisation' in the losest way, but there needs to be a 'coming together' of the True Anointed remnant. That coming together need not be in a physical way though.  Earthwide communication is now so easy that people do not need to gather in person. Besides which, God could communicate through Christ directly if He so wishes... But when and how ?  Are the True Anointed waiting for a 'signal' from God through Christ ?  If indeed there are thousands of True Anointed still living, then they would be a 'great army' of servants of God and Christ.  With the guidance and power of Holy Spirit, nothing could stop them completing any task that is asked of them. 

9 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

But they order everyone at the table to eat it because it is the best food in the world. If someone refuses to eat, then they try to convince him that he is wrong, that he is disobedient, that he does not understand enough, that he has no faith, or that he is an apostate who opposes Jesus.

Did Jesus place them over people, the household? No, because it is the opposite of what Jesus taught: So Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their superiors exercise authority over them. But it shall not be this way among you .... - Mat 20, Mark 10

It really is a struggle to keep power over others.  The whole concept of Christ's "rule" is alien to men like the GB.  They think in worldly terms' saying they follow Jesus Christ, yet obviously they exalt and follow their own teachings.  Teachings which should  show JWs and their leaders, how embarrassingly worthless they are, when proven to be false -  when the words of Christ contradict those of their leaders.  

“For from the least of them to the greatest,

all are greedy for gain;

from prophet to priest,

all practice deceit.

14They dress the wound of My people

with very little care,

saying, ‘Peace, peace,’

when there is no peace at all.

15Are they ashamed of the abomination they have committed?

No, they have no shame at all;

they do not even know how to blush.

So they will fall among the fallen;

when I punish them, they will collapse,”  Jer 6:13-15

5 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

If indeed there are thousands of True Anointed still living,

I'm not sure if you are referring to my comment:

11 hours ago, Witness said:

Ray Franz, as an example – one of probably thousands over the last century)

I do know that the remnant of anointed that is found faithful, is small.  

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezek+22%3A30%3B+13%3A15%3B+Isa+59%3A16%3B+Ps+106%3A23%3B+Zech+3%3A4%2C8%2C9%3B+Isa+1%3A18%3B+Jer+50%3A20%3B+Isa+64%3A4%3B+10%3A22%3B+Joel+2%3A13%2C17-19%2C31%2C32%3B+1%3A14%2C13%3B+Rev+11%3A3&version=NIV

The "Branch" in Zech 3:8 is defined in John 15:1-8

The scriptures seem to reveal that the “banner” is a dual symbol of the exalted being brought low, and the humble, exalted.  Ezek 21:26,27; Isa 60:2; Matt 5:14; James 4:6,10

Light, always overpowers darkness.  

7 minutes ago, Witness said:

John 15:1-8

"...If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."

According to this i would conclude how processes in WTJWorg, that suggests how "new light and brighter day" brings "the truth", actually they brings nothing but human error and myths. Ultimately, that means false teachings. If these people or their predecessors were ever branches on the vine, then something happened in the meantime that caused them not to remain in His Word. When they asked for something on their, GB meetings, for "guidance" or for "knowledge and understanding" they obviously don't get that.

Multiple changing or "clarification" of same doctrines is quite strong evidence how "their ask whatever they wish", Father didn't hear and/or did't want to respond. Even theological things that have not changed for a long time are not proof that they are correct. We have the opportunity to see a discussion of the 607 BCE. It’s a really long discussion, but it shows how WTJWorg scholars are wrong in their claims.

9 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

According to this i would conclude how processes in WTJWorg, that suggests how "new light and brighter day" brings "the truth", actually they brings nothing but human error and myths. Ultimately, that means false teachings. If these people or their predecessors were ever branches on the vine, then something happened in the meantime that caused them not to remain in His Word. When they asked for something on their, GB meetings, for "guidance" or for "knowledge and understanding" they obviously don't get that.

Oh, the dichotomy of it all.  Satan promised,  "The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to.”  Luke 4:5-7

Jesus:  “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”  John 15:7

"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."  John 14:12-14

Has the GB asked for understanding from Jesus Christ?  Hmmm.   And would Jesus give them this understanding if they have already received authority, splendor and the “kingdoms” (“Gentile” and “Israel”) of the world of JWs?

Clearly, they have succeeded in procuring prominence and riches, and an easy life that doesn’t require personal persecution as Jesus suffered. (Luke 9:23)  Instead of ‘denying themselves’, they have exalted their own names – names that demand obedience with consequences, if it isn’t returned. Like you said, this is the opposite from what Jesus had taught his disciples. 

And, they have failed in providing lasting “fruit” from the vine of Christ.  So, what spirit is inspiring them. 

“Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.”  John 15:4

Well, they are bearing fruit. But Jesus doesn’t mean just any fruit/teachings.  The fruit must be “good”, full of Holy Spirit, which is truth.  (1 John 4:6) To produce this fruit the GB must be inspired by the Holy Spirit.  Matt 7:18-20

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.” 

There’s our answer.  Jesus did not choose the GB to be his “faithful and discreet slave” of Matt 24:45, since they have not produced fruit that remains – fruit that contains the living water of Christ…living, never expiring.  (John 7:38) He hasn’t given this lasting truth to them. The evidence is in their continual search for “new light” – scapegoats for errors in teachings, for the bad fruit they have produced. These men have made a pact to receive authority, power and wealth in this life; which for them, is much more satisfying, than the truth from Jesus Christ. There is only one spirit in opposition to Christ, that would indulge men with unlimited earthly desires. 

“We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.  And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.”   1 Cor 2:12-14

8 hours ago, Witness said:

To produce this fruit the GB must be inspired by the Holy Spirit.  Matt 7:18-20

According to their understanding, they are "guided by spirit". In their understanding about this wording, that means; reading Bible, prayers to God for understanding and working according to Bible aka working to own understanding of Bible (according to WTJWorg theology).

Obviously, as you accented, this what they are doing is not enough. Because they denied possibility that God can and would "inspired" people today, they put themselves in position to deny holy spirit, to stop HS, to insult God and the HS. To not believe in HS and his/her power and will to help people today as it was in the past. 

By openly renouncing the possibility of being inspired by HS (Since the Governing Body is neither inspired ... - WT February 2017), they have no faith in HS and thus HS has no possibility of acting in such an Organization and on such people.

12 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

they have no faith in HS

I think it resonates through the whole JW Organisation too.  Even JWs on here seem to have no faith in God's Holy Spirit and it's capabilities.  I suppose that is why the GB / Org win over so many people by materialism.  JWs seem to need men, books, magazines and buildings to look up to.  No faith needed there.  But that makes it so easy for the GB to push their own agenda forward. It is such a shame as the Org could serve God if it had the right leadership, the True Anointed remnant. 

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

Even JWs on here seem to have no faith in God's Holy Spirit and it's capabilities. 

Yes, JW's faith has been created, built by "Bible Study" Program, and then with all other "organizational requirements" aka meetings and conventions where they studying WTJWorg publications and by that they suck, hoover, inhale "uninspired spirit" of human doctrines made by leadership.  

8 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

and by that they suck, hoover, inhale "uninspired spirit" of human doctrines made by leadership.  

😯  What a frightening, sobering ,yet truthful statement.  

10 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

But that makes it so easy for the GB to push their own agenda forward.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.