The World News Media

CSA Within the JW Community—Dispelling Myths

TrueTomHarley

“American scholar of religion Holly Folk show[s] ...that, although there have been cases of sexual abuse by members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the number of perpetrators is not higher, and may actually be significantly lower, when compared to the prevalence of sexual abuse in other religions and in our modern societies in general. It is also not true, Folk said, that Jehovah’s Witnesses oppose reporting of cases of sexual abuse to secular authorities when it is mandated by the laws, nor that they sanction those who report. When governmental documents or media repeat unfounded allegations by anti-cultists, or single out Jehovah’s Witnesses falsely alleging that sexual abuse is more prevailing in their congregations than in other groups or in society in general, they are consciously or unconsciously supporting an agenda that attacks the Witnesses for reasons that have little to do with the protection of the victims of abuse.”

https://bitterwinter.org/jehovahs-witnesses-why-are-they-persecuted/?fbclid=IwAR28ZZKjsBCMX3Ht_ufL_LQa5JtgEWCVhYfGKSo8CePLQBjEb5-n_9mUnsE

https://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2020/02/i-almost-wish-there-would-be-more-public-response.html

• Views 448
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“American scholar of religion Holly Folk show[s] ...that, although there have been cases of sexual abuse by members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the number of perpetrators is not higher, and may actual

.. said in video: I hope that perpetrators everywhere are brought to justice  Not to use groups as scapegoats Crimes to not go unpunished Family CSA and Institutional CSA Beli

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

“American scholar of religion Holly Folk show[s] ...that, although there have been cases of sexual abuse by members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the number of perpetrators is not higher, and may actually be significantly lower, when compared to the prevalence of sexual abuse in other religions and in our modern societies in general. It is also not true, Folk said, that Jehovah’s Witnesses oppose reporting of cases of sexual abuse to secular authorities when it is mandated by the laws, nor that they sanction those who report. When governmental documents or media repeat unfounded allegations by anti-cultists, or single out Jehovah’s Witnesses falsely alleging that sexual abuse is more prevailing in their congregations than in other groups or in society in general, they are consciously or unconsciously supporting an agenda that attacks the Witnesses for reasons that have little to do with the protection of the victims of abuse.”

https://bitterwinter.org/jehovahs-witnesses-why-are-they-persecuted/?fbclid=IwAR28ZZKjsBCMX3Ht_ufL_LQa5JtgEWCVhYfGKSo8CePLQBjEb5-n_9mUnsE

https://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2020/02/i-almost-wish-there-would-be-more-public-response.html

You are proving yourself to be a complete joke Tom.  You spent ages insulting me for bringing up this topic, now it's you that revive it. 

Lets get serious. Persecution for serving God (OR pretending to serve God), is completely different to people hating CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE. 

Trying to cover up the CSA problem, which still exists, by bringing in the persecution of JWs elsewhere, does nothing but make you look sly and silly.  

It is horrible that anyone is physically persecuted in any way. My wife showed me a video of female children being persecuted, just for being female, in China. Thrown into 'orphanages', tied to chairs, these tiny young girls, persecuted just for being female. Hundreds of people, maybe thousands, are persecuted daily, in different places, for different things. Many people of different religions are constantly persecuted,  BUT, this has nothing to do with CSA.

The Myth about CSA in the JW community is that the Victims have been treated fairly or with mercy and love. 

The truth about CSA in the JW community is that the Elders are believed, above the Victims. Which means, when an Elder is the Paedophile, he gets away with it, unless the Victim / victim's family, takes it to the Police / Authorities. 

Add to this that Elders HAVE claimed Clergy Penitent Privilege, whilst pretending not to be clergy.  GB lawyers HAVE lied in courts. And is that 25 + Year Database still being kept hidden in America ?

On this subject, last year in February, there was a rumour about the GB being ordered to appear in court on charges 'relating to' CSA.  The Covid-19 happened and it all seemed to go quiet ????????? Any update on this court appearance ? 

The CSA in the JW community earth wide is still a serious problem. It must still be a big stumbling block for many people and we know what, Luke 17 : 1 & 2 say about stumbling blocks.  

By the way, I presume Tom was just bored or had nothing intelligent to write, so he revived this topic. :) 

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

American scholar of religion Holly Folk

.. said in video:

I hope that perpetrators everywhere are brought to justice 

Not to use groups as scapegoats

Crimes to not go unpunished

Family CSA and Institutional CSA

Beliefs of organization not driving behavior of CSA

JW have not/are not guilty for "typical" CSA as it is case in many other religious organizations because JW do not have set clergy as in Catholic Church. JW operate as lay organization. No "Sunday Schools"

JW are not "closed society" 

Most cases in JW are in fact incest, abuse inside family and relatives

The JW families decided to keep the matter a secret

Ex-JW demonized WTS

Victims with their lawyers want money 

WTJWorg Lawyers made claims how Elders are Clergy and how JW have hierarchy which is same as in Catholic Church. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.