The World News Media

THE TESTIMONY OF A BRANCH MEMBER'S WIFE

Witness

“Don’t let others spoil your faith and joy with their philosophies, their wrong and shallow answers built on men’s thoughts and ideas, instead of on what Christ has said.” Col 2:8 (Living Bible)

I am sure any past and present JW can come up with just one doctrine that the organization’s leaders had to change their ‘idea’ on, which change is called, “new light”. The list of “clarified” beliefs is extensive. We should remember that nothing that begins in spiritual darkness, can submit to clarification; which is the act of providing more detail to the original statement. If we were to check over the list, we would see the doctrines are not refined to emit progressive spiritual “light” from Jesus Christ, but they are traded out with more lies – more thoughts and delusions stemming from the dark minds of governing leaders. (Isa 5:20; Micah 3:6) 

This list reveals JWs “stronghold”; teachings that were the cornerstone of their faith when in their heyday, and what JWs relied on to preach, year after year. They proved to be wrong, without having source in the chief cornerstone, Jesus Christ…without having source in the Holy Spirit. (Matt 7:24-27;24:22) This is the most dangerous stronghold that we may allow to overcome us. (Isa 28:7,8,15,18) It affects our spirituality, our prospect of eternal life. Sadly, to fall for such a spiritual refuge requires our whole being; physical, emotional, and spiritual self, to be totally on board with its captive theme and calling. (Ps 9:15; 2 Thess 5:3; 2 Cor 11:3,4) 

The apostles walked in the footsteps of Christ, speaking his truths, while tearing down worthless ideas of men that contradicted the Word of God. (Zech 8:16; Eph 4:25; 2 Cor 2:17; 4:2,3; 2 Tim 3:1,5,7,8) 

On the second part of the annual meeting, a Branch member’s wife was interviewed. She mentioned that JWs are at spiritual war, with the focus on advancing pure worship and “primary joy” in God. Spiritual war is raging…against a stronghold of lies. (John 8:44; 2 Cor 4:4; 1 Tim 4:1; 6:12) 

Pure worship to be given to God is only possible when one acknowledges and teaches steadfast truth, and not human concepts that ultimately will “spoil your faith and joy” as Col 2:8 states. This spiritual decision-making war began in Genesis and continued down through the teachings of Jesus and the apostles. Now, it is reaching its culmination. (Gen 3:15; Deut 30:15-20; Heb 2:14; 1 John 2:14; Eph 6:16; Rev 12:11,13,15,17; Joel 3:14; Rev 16:13-16) 

“It is true that I am an ordinary, weak human being, but I don’t use human plans and methods to win my battlesI use God’s mighty weapons, not those made by men, to knock down the devil’s strongholds. These weapons can break down every proud argument against God and every wall that can be built to keep men from finding him. With these weapons I can capture rebels and bring them back to God and change them into men whose hearts’ desire is obedience to Christ.” 2 Cor 10:3-5

“But to do this, you will need the strong belt of truth and the breastplate of God’s approval. In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan. And you will need the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spiritwhich is the Word of God.” Eph 6:14,16,17

A farmer cultivates and sows a field in straight rows, and on good ground that produces an abundant crop. Jesus said the “seed” that we are to sow is reliable truth, in the real sense of the word – the Word of God. It is never discarded. (Mark 4:14-20) Truth can only be found in Christ; and in those anointed teachers who remain in him. (Matt 7:15-19; John 15:5,7,8,16; 13:20; 1 John 3:24; 2 John 1:9) 

Using this illustration, the organization’s packet of "purchased" seeds sown since day one, were never viable, as living truth. (Luke 4:5-7; 2 Cor 11:13-15) What little truth may have been evident, was eventually replaced with men’s ideas. (2 Pet 2:1-3) 

There is no life in teachings that are constantly shifted and chucked aside for new thoughts and philosophies. (Mark 4:14; John 15:1-4,15; Matt 7:15-20) There is no clear straight path of progressive light ahead when a leader grapples with revamping an old doctrine, to save his livelihood provided through an earthly organization. (Phil 3:19; Jude 1:12,13)

In the past, we thought that the great tribulation began in 1914 when World War I started. We thought that Jehovah “cut short” those days in 1918 when the war ended so that the remaining anointed ones on earth could preach the good news to all nations. (Matt 24:21,22) After that preaching work would be completed, we expected that Satan’s world would be destroyed. So we thought that there were three parts to the great tribulation. It would begin in 1914, it would be interrupted in 1918, and it would finish at Armageddon.” W 13/7/15 p. 13,14

“Like a madman who throws flaming darts and deadly arrows,
so is the person who deceives his neighbor
and says, “I was only joking!” Prov 26:18,19

That article goes on with more thoughts and expectations that JWs believed and taught (sown) as truths. We can easily say that the organization’s leaders did not sow straight rows or a path leading others to the teaching of Jesus Christ. (Prov 10:9; 4:14; 3:5,6; Ps 16:11; Isa 30:21; Luke 3:4-6; John 14:6) 

They led' and are still leading their captive ones with crooked, empty teachings spoken from the heart; all, while building not only their earthly treasures with human slavery, but reinforcing their stronghold of lies. (Ps 12:2-4;41:6; Jer 7:8;Ezek 13:10; Matt 15:19; John 8:44; Matt 6:19,20,24; Rom 6:16; Rev 13:10) 

“Yet those other men keep telling you how wonderful they are, so here I go: You think you are so wise—yet you listen gladly to those fools; you don’t mind at all when they make you their slaves and take everything you have, and take advantage of you, and put on airs, and slap you in the face.” 2 Cor 11:18-20

“Don’t be misled; remember that you can’t ignore God and get away with it: a man will always reap just the kind of crop he sows! If he sows to please his own wrong desires, he will be planting seeds of evil and he will surely reap a harvest of spiritual decay and death; but if he plants the good things of the Spirit, he will reap the everlasting life that the Holy Spirit gives him.” Gal 6:7,8

The organization’s “clarified” beliefs is a list of wrong thoughts, ideas and desires of men; with not one glimmer of spiritual light leading to life in Christ. (Jer 14:14; Ps 97:11; John 6:63; 12:46; 2 Cor 6:14) 

None of us, especially the anointed priests who have the obligation to give God pure worship through their “sacrifices of praise”, (Ps 4:5; 1 Pet 2:5,9; Heb 13:15) should allow the hollow delusions of men and their dominating influence, lead us away from worshiping the Father in spirit and truth. (Prov 12:22; Ps 5:9; 4:5; John 4:23,24) 

The woman interviewed, also said that God’s sovereignty was first and foremost in importance for her. Will any heart that cultivates lies, be worthy of service in the Kingdom of God? (Ps 5:4; Rev 19:8; 21:8) 

Someone said, “sovereignty” can be summed up in two words, “who rules?”. Who rules over us, if we choose the decrees and doctrine of men, over the decrees of God fulfilled in Christ? (Ps 119:130; 1:1,2; 4:2; Matt 15:9; 23:13; Mark 7:8; 1 Thess 2:13) 

Why did Jesus compare our being a useful servant of God's sovereignty, to a farmer ...plowing the ground for the planting of seed?
This comparison within the Bible, is not new. The Bible compares the Word of God, to seed (
Luke 8:11
).

It compares the spiritual fertility of our heart, to soil (Luke 8:15; Hos 10:12; 6:3; Isa 44:3; 45:8; 2 Cor 9:10; Jer 4:3; Luke 8:14; 1 Cor 3:6; Eph 3:16,17)

From those verses we see, that the purpose of symbolic rain from heaven [living waters (Rev 22:1; John 4:10,14)], is to nurture our growth in righteousness, sanctification, and holiness, by the blessing of God's spirit. We too must supplement God's blessing, by contributing a plowed heart... soil that is softened to accept God's Laws (Heb 10:16) and the life they impart (Rom 8:11,2; Gal 6:8; Prov 6:20-23).
We must strive for progressive understanding... nurturing our growth in the knowledge of God within us (John 6:27; Phil 1:9)  

Pearl Doxsey - "Don't Look Back"

The JW ended her interview by saying she had gained peace and confidence in “the decisions this organization makes through the governing body. She then said, it is “easier to be supportive, and listen, obey and be blessed”.

Sadly, this woman and all JWs who support their leadership, are taking part in the spiritual battle against Truth in Jesus Christ. (Rev 12:7; 18:4) Her stronghold is not in God alone and His Word, His laws in Jesus Christ. JWs rely on men and their ideas to lead them, as the Pharisees expected of the early Jews. (Mark 7:6-8; Matt 23:27,28,15) 

By submitting to the rebellious words of men over the Word of Christ, the anointed priestly “kings of the earth”  (Rev 1:5) and those in their company, have blindly rejected the sovereignty of the One they assume they uphold.

Their refuge is the organization, while the yoke they have accepted, is in the deceitful scheme founded on a lie – a stronghold that will be brought down, in the light of God’s Truth. (Zech 4:7-9; Ezek 13:13-16; 2 Thess 2:9-12; Rev 13:4,7,8;8:8; 19:20; 20:10; Jer 23:29) (Ps 19:1-7; Matt 14:62; 24:27,30; John 8:12; Heb 12:1; Rev 22:17)

“Why do the nations rebel
and the people plot (“ponder, imagine, mutter”) a vain (“worthless or empty”) thing?
The kings of the earth take their stand,
and the rulers conspire together
against the Lord and His Anointed One:
“Let us tear off their chains
and free ourselves from their restraints.”

The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
the Lord ridicules them.
Then He speaks to them in His anger
and terrifies them in His wrath:
“I have consecrated My King
on Zion, My holy mountain.”

I will declare the Lord’s decree:
He said to Me, “You are My Son;
today I have become Your Father.
Ask of Me,
and I will make the nations Your inheritance
and the ends of the earth Your possession.
You will break them with a rod of iron;
You will shatter them like pottery.”

10 So now, kings, be wise;
receive instruction, you judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with reverential awe
and rejoice with trembling.
12 Pay homage to the Son or He will be angry
and you will perish in your rebellion,
for His anger may ignite at any moment.
All those who take refuge in Him are blessed.” Ps 2:1-12

https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/

Who are the "Kings of the Earth"? 

“Lightning” – “From East to West”

"Armageddon"

sunrays sunrise.jpg

• Views 597
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Don’t let others spoil your faith and joy with their philosophies, their wrong and shallow answers built on men’s thoughts and ideas, instead of on what Christ has said.” Col 2:8 (Living Bible)

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.