The World News Media

DISFELLOWSHIPPING - "A LOVING PROVISION"

Witness

A comment from another forum:

("pimi" - physically in, mentally in...the organization)

"My pimi aunt, also elder’s wife, is a good person and cares for people. Some of her kids have left the Borg and she treats them all equally and kindly. She hasn’t shunned members of the family who did get dfd. So at one convention when a sister we all knew was being interviewed on stage about her association with her own disfellowshipped son the sister said: “to me, he’s dead”. Enter major applause from the audience (nuts!!!) and one absolutely horrified and appalled elders-wife auntie. She called me after and told me about it and was just shocked someone could say that about their own kids. I was pimi at the time myself and we both HATED it and Thought it was crazy and what made her equally mad was the mega applause. Sickening! I had to share this story of these brainwashed cult people because any normal person with a heart sees how wrong this is. What was the scripture again about how people won’t have natural affection in the time of the end again? 🤔"

Who is benefitting from this “loving provision” of treating someone as dead?  I suppose only those who are in "good standing" in the organization.  The disfellowshipped one certainly cannot be the recipient of love, if no one acknowledges his or her existence.   

What a wicked twist the "spirit-breathed" Wt. has put on the meaning of Christ’s love.   (Matt 7:1; Rev 13:15)

At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”  John 8:2-11

"A man's enemies will be persons from his own household"

• Views 656
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A comment from another forum: ("pimi" - physically in, mentally in...the organization) "My pimi aunt, also elder’s wife, is a good person and cares for people. Some of her kids have left the

On 2/3/2021 at 1:24 PM, Witness said:

Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”

This whole story is disputed as being not from original scripture.

Should ‘Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast the First Stone’ Be in the Bible?

This text is a significant example of a textual variant, a portion of Scripture that is not included in all of the original manuscripts. Despite its fit alongside Jesus’ other teachings and actions, its authenticity is disputed.

https://www.christianity.com/wiki/bible/should-let-he-who-is-without-sin-cast-the-first-stone-be-in-the-bible.html

John 7:53-8:11 is one of the most common textual variants in the Bible. A textual variant is a passage of Scripture with disputed validity.

However, this text is a significant example of a textual variant, a portion of Scripture that is not included in all of the original manuscripts. Despite its fit alongside Jesus’ other teachings and actions, its authenticity is disputed.

Did John Actually Write This?

Whether John is the one who wrote this passage is debated. If you find this section in your Bible, it is likely italicized or marked off in some way. You may see a note that says it is not included in the earliest manuscripts. Why does this matter?

I personally do not think Jesus would have said those things. It would totally contradict the Jewish Law / Legal system. BUT we again come to the difference between Jesus and the GB of the Watchtower Society. 

There is a scripture which says something like, 'If a man calling himself a brother commits certain sins continuously then he should be removed from the congregation. But as I've said many times I feel that the scriptures were written for the Anointed Ones.  In such a case as an Anointed One continuously committing gross sins, then it would be understandable for them to be removed from amongst the True Anointed Ones. But the GB and their Helpers cannot be True Anointed Ones as we can see by their written words in the Watchtower and books written. 

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

There is a scripture which says something like, 'If a man calling himself a brother commits certain sins continuously then he should be removed from the congregation. But as I've said many times I feel that the scriptures were written for the Anointed Ones.  In such a case as an Anointed One continuously committing gross sins, then it would be understandable for them to be removed from amongst the True Anointed Ones. But the GB and their Helpers cannot be True Anointed Ones as we can see by their written words in the Watchtower and books written. 

I totally agree with this.  It applies to the Body of Christ, to his "members".   

I have thought the same as you about this set of scriptures in John.  What made me consider its validity further, is Christ's act of writing on the ground with his finger.  (John 8:6-8)  

Jer 17:13:

O Lord, the hope of Israel,
All who forsake You shall be ashamed.

“Those who depart from Me
Shall be written in the earth,
Because they have forsaken the Lord,
The fountain of living waters.

The account of the adulterous woman follows right after this...

"On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified."  John 7:37-39

It was the next morning that Jesus returned to the Temple and was confronted with the Pharisees and the woman.  I don't know why the account has been considered spurious by many, but also accepted by others.  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.