Matthew9969

• Views 601
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

" All things are clean to clean people;+ but to those who are defiled and faithless, nothing is clean, for both their minds and their consciences are defiled"- Titus 1:15

The remark sort of speaks for itself, doesn’t it?  I like it when anti-Witness spokespeople come across as either pure hate cases or unhinged crazies—often both.

So, yes I was referring to the jw's hypocrisy.....can't celebrate holidays because pagans celebrated those holidays, can't celebrate birthdays because some pagans celebrated birthdays in the bible.

6 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

ow are jw's disassociating themselves from these satanic pagan communication platforms?

Then everyone who listened to a radio in the 1930s and 40's are Satanists and Nazis ... because this was the technology used at the time.

10 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

Jw's are using zoom and other social platforms to communicate and hold worship services. So are satanist, paganist, other religions. How are jw's disassociating themselves from these satanic pagan communication platforms?

The remark sort of speaks for itself, doesn’t it? 

I like it when anti-Witness spokespeople come across as either pure hate cases or unhinged crazies—often both.

1 hour ago, xero said:

" All things are clean to clean people;+ but to those who are defiled and faithless, nothing is clean, for both their minds and their consciences are defiled"- Titus 1:15

BTW - This is why it's totally OK for me to eat wings at the local Hooters restaurant. :)

55 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I mean, the food is no good! I just wish those women would get out of my way so I could read the menu in peace.

Along the same lines I made the CO laugh when I gave him a bottle of "Fat B." wine as a gift.

He was the same CO who when I approached him after a novel and still scriptural argument on an issue and said "Bro X...I enjoyed your talk. Especially your point relative to X." "BTW" I said w/a Ryan Gosling smirk on my face, "What WT did you get that from?". And he looked at me with full knowledge of the game and said dryly "I got it from the bible." "Oh", I said. "I see." .... "Great talk though!" :)

3 hours ago, xero said:

All things are clean to clean people;+ but to those who are defiled and faithless, nothing is clean, for both their minds and their consciences are defiled"- Titus 1:15

I'm sure @Matthew9969 is bringing the subject up because of past teachings of the organization - basically, that the internet is a dangerous place, stay away from social platforms, etc.  Now as is the usual practice of hypocrisy,  the organization has embraced it, and the internet is the place to go for spiritual "food".  What is the distinction from all other religions?  A zoom meeting with a password?  Does that virtual meeting place become "Jehovah's House"?  

Your scripture cannot apply in this case, but it does apply to those who bend to the fallacious rules and regulations of men, and not to those of God.   

"To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure, but both their mind and conscience are defiled. 16 They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny him, because they are detestable and disobedient, and unfit for every good deed."  Titus 1:15,16

I would comment this way. Example: Birthday and celebrating a birthday is not “satanic”. But wishing someone’s death as a birthday wish is certainly “satanic”.
The discovery of a new communication technique and resources (clay tablets, paper, pens, analog and digital notation and everything that will be invented in the future) cannot simply be described as "divine" or "satanic". All of these things are mostly or completely “neutral” at their core.

Producing a weapon with the intent to kill causes some questions. Whether these weapons were created to defend their own lives or to hunt for food or to conquer and enslave or destroy, we can say that the weapon is dangerous. But if one uses a weapon to save or defend one’s life, then it is difficult to attribute any or specific origin to such a weapon.

I would say that the intention and purpose is in the hands (mind, emotion) of the user, and the one in whose hands the "tool" is, can to some extent be classified in some category.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.