The World News Media

US House of Representatives set to vote on the Equality Act next week

Patiently waiting for Truth

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/life/us-house-of-representatives-set-to-vote-on-the-equality-act-next-week/

Look for the funny paragraph in here.

This is a major step forward in the fight for LGBTQ+ protections and rights.

It has been reported that Rep. David Cicilline reintroduced the Equality Act in the House of Representatives this past Thursday, with the bill being voted on next week.

The Equality Act, which aims to protect LGBTQ+ people from discrimination in fields such as housing or employment has passed its vote in the House of Representatives.

Back in 2019, the bill passed by 236-173 vote, with most Democrats voting in favour, alongside eight Republicans. Seven Democrats abstained from voting, with 173 no votes coming from the Republican party.

Cicilline discussed the importance of the bill,  stating: “In 2021, every American should be treated with respect and dignity.”

He continued: “Yet, in most states, LGBTQ people can be discriminated against because of who they are, or who they love. It is past time for that to change.”

On top of being reintroduced in the House, Democratic senators Jeff Merkley, Cory Booker and Tammy Baldwin have also announced that they will be reintroducing the bill to the Senate.

Since it’s initial introduction back in 2015, the Equality Act has seen support from many organizations and groups.

In 2019 it was revealed that most major religious groups in the country support the measures in the Equality Act. 53% of Jehovah’s Witnesses, 70% of Mormons, 68% of non-white Catholics, 65% of African American Protestants, 60% of Muslims and 59% of Orthodox Christians support the bill.

Supporting, is an action. It is not neutral. It is partaking. It is being part of that 'world'.  Supporting the LGDTQ+

In honesty though I cannot believe that 53% of JWs 'support' the LGDTQ+... And where did they get this figure from ? 

I thought the article was funny though, but i don't believe those figures. 

• Views 262
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes, it's just a matter of how the question is asked. For example, take a question like this: "Even if your religious beliefs do not condone or support homosexuality (and/or LGBTQ+), do you

Soon you'll be able to marry anyone or any thing you want. If you marry a plate of sushi then eat it, would you be guilty of canniblism?

yes - they call you for your opinion and people do not realize it is a political poll. Thank goodness Jehovah is not as harsh as you are.  People all over act in ignorance and they want to sound as th

6 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Equality Act. 53% of Jehovah’s Witnesses,

yes - they call you for your opinion and people do not realize it is a political poll. Thank goodness Jehovah is not as harsh as you are.  People all over act in ignorance and they want to sound as though they are fair to others.

Especially if they ask if LGBTQ can have their rights..... Most people who care for others will agree that they should have their rights.  They have the right to choose the lifestyle they want BUT it does not mean we approve of it.... as the questions above proves.

Most witnesses do not understand these new laws..... that it will be detrimental to our future. They have already passed draconian measures in Australia.   

Do not judge the JWs .... Remember the scripture where it says ....... if it is mistakes you only look at Jehovah - who can stand before you?

Mistakes are very different to deliberate sin - like choosing to back a political party or stance.

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

yes - they call you for your opinion and people do not realize it is a political poll.

Telemarketers will eat you alive in my neck of the woods. I never answer a call from an unrecognized number so am spared this sort of nonsense. They can leave messages.

It probably has interfered with my participation in phone witnessing. When someone answers the phone, I think “What! Are you crazy?!”

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.