The World News Media

Conscience individual and collective

xero

On 4/3/2021 at 9:58 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

No. As measured by the number of doors they have knocked on over the course of a lifetime, each one in order to present the good news of God. Some of your “true anointed” have barely knocked on any.

Mormons knock on a lot of doors too :).  They teach lies as well. 

• Views 16.1k
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the 1970's it was common for Bethelites to order Bible commentaries like Matthew Henry's and Barnes' Notes on the NT and various Bible translations. Later, they also allowed orders for Jay Green's

I liked your KH building experience. We've all had that experience when we would have made different decisions if we were in charge, and then we are glad we weren't. But I can't seem to fit your

Bingo. It’s the pure nastiness of one, not to mention the pure dodo-headedness of another. These annoy far more than the posts themselves, though sometimes the two are hard to unravel. After

Posted Images

On 4/3/2021 at 12:50 PM, xero said:

I can't help but imagine a dog drinking greedily from a toilet when I make the mistake of actually unblocking one of your replies.

That's probably because you think sh-t, write sh-t and act like sh-t. So all you get is sh-t.  :) 

But being part of that sewer it's not surprising you are that way. Live an immoral life in an immoral Org and that's the results you get for yourself. 

18 hours ago, xero said:

Ex JW's imagine they have some kind of monopoly on hating their religion or that they are unique in any manner. A quick look at reddit (type in "ex-whatever") and you'll find plenty of people who are complaining about their experiences. It makes me wonder what a 1st century reddit would look like in this regard.

None of these human experiences, of course argue against organization. It does argue for being selective and taking responsibility for one's choices.

Now I've been poking around and I found this group and see how these decide what's important for them.

https://thegospelofchrist.com/bible-study-curriculi

I also found this:

http://oldpaths.com/Archive/Davison/Roy/Allen/1940/apostasy.html#XII

Every group makes decisions as to who is faithful and who isn't.

W/o some earthly entity grouped together to a certain concerted end, nothing happens. As it so happens, Jehovah's Witnesses have been quite clear as to what their message is - One morning before I could say a word to a man outside a convenience store he said "I'm not interested in Jehovah's Kingdom". I was quite surprised at the clarity of his response and that he knew before I approached, the end I had in mind. So This is the end to which the earthly arm of God's organization exists as manifested among JW's and it's been quite clear.

**Musing again....I wonder what the ratio of introvert to apostate is?

I'm willing to bet there are more introverts among apostates.

Xero uses the same old record, just more click bate. So boring. :( 

6 hours ago, xero said:

A quick look at reddit (type in "ex-whatever") and you'll find plenty of people who are complaining about their experiences. It makes me wonder what a 1st century reddit would look like in this regard.

Exactly. I have this is the metadata of TrueTom vs the Apostates:

Apostates of that time would “despise authority.” How could that become a problem unless there was authority? They loved “lawlessness.” How could that become a problem unless there was law? They favored acts of “brazen conduct,” had “eyes full of adultery,” and were “unable to desist from sin.” How could that become a problem unless there was someone to tell them that they could not carry on in that way? Not only is the nature of apostates revealed in the above Bible verses, but also the nature of the Christian organization. 

If apostates were huge in the first century, and they were, they should correspondingly be huge today. And they are. In our “apostates” we are validated. It is almost as though I am proud of ours.

What if modern day JWs had no apostates? Wouldn’t you have to wonder why?

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

And they are. In our “apostates” we are validated. It is almost as though I am proud of ours.

Where does the greater number lie, in apostates, or in the number of JWs worldwide?  Who comprised the greater number in Jesus' day who was treated as an apostate along with his disciples;  the Jews, or the Christians?

Exactly. I have this is the metadata of TrueTom vs the Apostates:

Apostates of that time would “despise authority.” How could that become a problem unless there was authority? They loved “lawlessness.” How could that become a problem unless there was law? They favored acts of “brazen conduct,” had “eyes full of adultery,” and were “unable to desist from sin.” How could that become a problem unless there was someone to tell them that they could not carry on in that way? Not only is the nature of apostates revealed in the above Bible verses, but also the nature of the Christian organization. 

If apostates were huge in the first century, and they were, they should correspondingly be huge today. And they are. In our “apostates” we are validated. It is almost as though I am proud of ours.

Sometimes I get ideas, but I forget their origin. :)

34  Jesus said to them: “My food is to do the will of him who sent me+ and to finish his work. - John 4:34

The above passage has Jesus using the word "food" to mean "doing God's will" and "finishing his work".

The faithful and discreet slave is described as providing "food" at the proper time. Mt. 24:45

If I interpret this as providing the necessary tools to "do God's will" and "finish God's work" then I'd say that the organization known as the WTBS run by the governing body has done this.

The work is the preaching the good news of God's Kingdom and doing this world wide.

I'd say this organization has kept it's focus and knows it's mission.

Now whether they are right or wrong as to the timing of the arrival of the master of the harvest or not is immaterial to the business described as providing the "food" or "work to be done" and "the tools to get it done" at the proper time.

Now how some splinter group of weirdos getting together in their respective basements is doing anything or even CAN do anything described at Mt. 24:45 is highly unlikely.

Now maybe if Jeff Bezos were to back a different group w/his vast economic resources, maybe. But even then, probably not so much because when you look at these splinters, they never get out in service MORE, they never become MORE zealous in preaching the kingdom, but less.

To me that's a part of keeping the big picture.

4 hours ago, xero said:

Jesus said to them: “My food is to do the will of him who sent me+ and to finish his work. - John 4:34

The above passage has Jesus using the word "food" to mean "doing God's will" and "finishing his work".

The faithful and discreet slave is described as providing "food" at the proper time. Mt. 24:45

I like this new look at things. In fact, the interpretation, that GB has the task of producing spiritual food in terms of interpreting the Bible, is completely wrong. GB is not an FDS that should exist as a “channel” through which “food” comes. For “Food” should not be an interpretation of what was said thousands of years ago, but simply just work, i.e. preaching what was said by Jesus. Should, what Jesus has said, be interpreted several times, because every previous interpretation has turned out to be wrong?

It turns out that “food for GB” is not preaching, but making, constantly, an interpretation of what is preached (by Jesus and the apostles).

4 hours ago, xero said:

If I interpret this as providing the necessary tools to "do God's will" and "finish God's work" then I'd say that the organization known as the WTBS run by the governing body has done this.

The work is the preaching the good news of God's Kingdom and doing this world wide.

I'd say this organization has kept it's focus and knows it's mission.

You forget that the Catholic Church began preaching long before and on a global scale (before WTJWorg). Does that make it the right religion? Their mission is to further spread the teachings of Jesus. In the past, they did it in illegal ways, together with the conquerors. Today, they are building schools and hospitals for converts.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.