The World News Media

MISUSE OF THE WORD HOMOSEXUAL IN THE HEBREW WRITINGS.

Patiently waiting for Truth

This is not really a serious topic, it's more of, Have you ever heard of such a thing ?

My son who is 26 and spends a lot of time 'online,' came to me with an unusual topic of discussion.

He has been reading online that, there are people which believe that where the Hebrew scriptures mention homosexuality, it is really talking about pedophilia.

He says that he has read, that a scripture about 'a man laying with a man' should be put to death, actually reads that 'a man laying with a young boy' should be put to death. 

It seems to imply that some people are saying it refers to pedophilia not homosexuality. 

I haven't investigated it at all for a couple of reasons.

1. From my viewpoint we do not live by the Hebrew / Mosaic Law, we live by the Bible principles given through Christ and the Apostles, recorded in the Greek scriptures.

2. I think those people involved in this 'way of thinking'  are trying to justify homosexuality, and I know that Almighty God hates / condemns homosexuality as shown in Romans 1 verses 24 through 27.

The point of the topic is that i had never heard of people using the 'reasoning' that the Hebrew scriptures referred to pedophilia not homosexuality. 

Any thought ? 

• Views 321
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not really a serious topic, it's more of, Have you ever heard of such a thing ? My son who is 26 and spends a lot of time 'online,' came to me with an unusual topic of discussion. He

Yes. Do a little research on 1 Corinthians 6:9-12 and you will see two categories in the list of those who will not inherit the kingdom, “men kept for unnatural purposes,” and “men who lie with men.”

3 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Any thought ? 

Yes. Do a little research on 1 Corinthians 6:9-12 and you will see two categories in the list of those who will not inherit the kingdom, “men kept for unnatural purposes,” and “men who lie with men.” The first has particular reference to a young man or boy specifically kept for sexual purposes. The is was extremely common in the ancient world, in nearly all places except among the Jews.

This is the expression, “men kept for unnatural purposes,” that would fit pedophelia. The first, “men who lie with men,” is plain, regular, homosexuality. As you suspected, there is a movement among those who practice the gay life to “interpret away” verses that condemn their actions. I think what you son has come across are such efforts.

The Hebrew Scriptures also cover both, not just one, pedophilia and homosexuality.

Leviticus 18:22 is homosexuality: “And you must not lie down with a male the same as you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable thing.”

Leviticus 18:10: pedophllia: “As for the nakedness of the daughter of your son or the daughter of your daughter, you must not lay bare their nakedness, because they are your nakedness.”

Two separate things. They are not the same.

On 3/28/2021 at 3:56 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

Leviticus 18:10: pedophllia: “As for the nakedness of the daughter of your son or the daughter of your daughter, you must not lay bare their nakedness, because they are your nakedness.”

Skipped a Generation?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.