The World News Media

The Last Days that began in 1914 are now coming to their End...

BroRando

@JW InsiderYep, and that is just a couple of things he worked on concerning Pastor Russell, outside of hit YouTube crusades he tends to deal with should someone go too far. The last time I saw him he was dealing with someone who was justifying that the Lord mentioned in Jesus in Acts 2:21, and Romans 10:13, even Joel 2:32 is Jesus, even going as far as to use a Lexicon to prove it, and Reslite made a response to the person. There was someone else similar to him, who may be a JW who also speaks of the pastor, but is more neutral.

• Views 5.3k
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I just happened to run across another post like the one you were speaking about above. https://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/61369/was-the-1914-prophecy-derived-from-the-book-o

Actually it was very similar to the way Miller/Barbour/Russell calculated 1844/1874 and ultimately even 1914. The primary way of calculating 1914 was not the seven times of Leviticus 26 (which later b

In secret you can, or with those whom you hope you can trust. (Micah 7:5,6) I see Jws on here in disagreement with the 1914 doctrine. Yet, they are still considered brothers.  It is a disfellowshippin

Posted Images

On 9/27/2021 at 10:47 AM, Space Merchant said:

I made this point, they are not unified, there are different groups who are independent, different views, even those who hold 1914, or that similar to it, to some significance be it Jesus being crowned as King or the latter. The CSE thread brought up the 1843 chart because the question was asked if anyone outside of JWs hold this 1914 view, identical or similar, and the groups were brought up, some who held the view, others who may have shared the view or had something different, reasons why those 2 groups were mentioned because they were listed. JWI added others of which not related to any of the mentioned Bible Student groups, for it was always assumed others outside of JWs and Bible students viewed 1914 in some light, but not many can bring forth the name of said groups.

The understanding here would be, there is evidence that can go back to after the last apostle died. The mere would "advent" makes no difference since we are "all" awaiting the second coming of Christ. To the point, was it supposed to be a literal advent or a spiritual advent. Pastor Russell realized Brother Millers assertions were not correct. If he felt that about a person he never met, Then Adventism was not part of his personal choice. True, He first heard about Adventism in the 1870s by disappointed Advent member's, but his interest was on other factors not solely on the second coming of Christ. Stetson, Storr, Wendell, and even Barbour were interested in restitution and other aspects, However, Stetson, Storr, Wendell didn't have such an impact as several bible student associations think it had. Those Bible Students associate Miller as part of their past when there was none according to Russell, and he made it clear, he was not an Advent. 

If anything. Pastor Russell as he himself claimed was a "congregationalist" nothing more. That history can go back to Calvinism, and before the reformation. JW's need to understand their own history before they can apply any theory about the diversity of the Bible Student Movement.

Now, the AD 1843 was simple to attain in the era of "Millennialism" not to be confused with the Miller Movement even though the ideology is the same. Millennial meaning 1000 years. It was just a matter of the starting point. The 1260, 1290, 1335, 2520 were relevant before Miller spoke of it in 1814, 1829. Even The famed John A. Brown spoke of AD 1843 in 1810. 

People enjoy to discredit Miller and the Advent Movement because it suits peoples need to apply it to JWs. Miller was the most outspoken person in America, but there were a few others before him in other parts of the world.

Once again, this is the true history. If anything, JWs are no different than the Martin Luther Reformation movement. 

On 5/7/2021 at 3:52 AM, BroRando said:

Would you like to be a Survivor of the Last Days? 

"But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here." (2 Tim 3: 1) The Last Days (pangs of distress) do not last for an exhaustive period of time but do have an ending to them. It's an allotment period of time of 120 years, like the Days of Noah. This allotment is a Conclusion of a System of things .

As Christ Millennial approaches, we will soon bring an end to our Preaching Work to those associated with (2 Tim 3: 1-5) the end of an Age has come. It's not the end of the world but rather the End of an age of Wickedness.

Read more ...

Jesus knew this pronouncement of Jehovah, Jesus knew when the Gentile Times would end, these being true, Jesus would have known when the Great Day was to be.

Rather the pronouncement would apply to the average lifespan after the flood. 

5 minutes ago, the Sower of Seed said:

Jesus knew this pronouncement of Jehovah, Jesus knew when the Gentile Times would end, these being true, Jesus would have known when the Great Day was to be.

Rather the pronouncement would apply to the average lifespan after the flood. 

The Kingdom of God is not far off from you.  However, the answer Jesus gave to some of his disciples in private was to the specific question, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the Sign of your Presence and of the Conclusion of the system of things?”(Matthew 24:3)

Today, all the peoples SEE this Sign, but only those having insight will understand. (Daniel 12:9-10)

On 9/30/2021 at 2:10 PM, JW Insider said:

(Matthew 24:36) 36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.

Some folks on here are soooo like the Leaders of the Watchtower / JW Org in pretending they know more than others. 

If a person says that Jesus DID know, then it would appear they are calling Jesus a liar. 

I keep coming back to the point that even if a person knew which year the scriptures work out to, that does not take into account the fact that the time will be 'cut short', and no one knows by how much it will be cut short. 

@NoisySrecko Thanks for pointing out ResLight's YouTube channel. I had no problem finding Reslight's sites and blogs and social media. What I was looking for was the website that Reslight is responding to, not his own sites. ResLight apparently quotes someone verbatim from a website. SM says it's a site related to jwfacts.com. But if you search any of the words that ResLight quotes, the only site that comes up is the ResLight's response. I can't find where he is quoting from, or who he is quoting. Maybe it's on Twitter, or some place like that where Google doesn't index everything ever written.

I messaged ResLight, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

@NoisySrecko @JW Insider Someone I know in the YouTube Community in regards to the fight against the Trinity provided the link of what Reslight was referring to, the response he was towards a Trinitarian Christian blogger who goes by the name Michael Jay; since she still had the older version of YouTube this allowed her to find all of Reslight's responses YouTube for every video, including the one in connection to his response, granted now YouTube is deleting even old comments from time to time that have links.

@BSteph_SM C'est ça que tu cherches, SM 0_o? - < https://jwfaq.blogspot.com/2009/03/was-charles-taze-russell-founder-of.html > Le site Web semble Anti-Témoin de Jéhovah, semble penché vers Dieu Trinitaire. La citation de Reslight me montre cet ancien lien d'un de ses commentaires. Si vous ou quelqu'un d'autre avez besoin de quelque chose trouvé juste @ moi. -_- Z zz ZZ zz

1 hour ago, Space Merchant said:

Someone I know in the YouTube Community in regards to the fight against the Trinity provided the link of what Reslight was referring to, the response he was towards a Trinitarian Christian blogger who goes by the name Michael Jay

Thanks.

I thought that Reslight's YouTube page that @NoisySrecko provided also was a likely candidate to help identify where some of the claims about Russell had come from. I had already looked at ResLight's sites like this, figuring that it had to be a place like Twitter or YouTube where Google doesn't index every comment.

(ResLight also complained that Google is deleting a lot of posts where he claims that Russell was not a JW. He seems to think that someone (or organization?) with authority has been able to influence Google to treat ResLight's claims about Russell's NON-association with JWs as fake news. It's hard for him to keep up with maintaining disappearing links, etc.)

ResLight did get back to me after some private messaging (PMs) but didn't respond about the website question, and had no info on the Canadian minister. I figure that if B.W.Schultz ever gets up to the 1914 era in his research on Russell he will likely attempt to make the identification. If I thought it was important enough, I'd ask on Schultz' blog. I've asked other questions there before and received answers from participants who are avid commentators on "all things Russell." Also, since I don't count the "Black Nation of Islam" as having a nearly close enough affinity to the teaching of Bible Students and/or Rutherforrd, I don't include them in any groups who actually taught like the Bible Students about 1914. And since all the groups listed in your previous post were apparently Bible_Student/Second_Advent "spin-offs" they don't count as independent groups with a similar teaching about 1914. @NoisySrecko correctly pointed out a few other "Russellite" and/or Bible Student groups who became independent of Russell's writings. And of course, it's true that there were factions of independence all along among the Bible Students groups, even those who appreciated Russell's teachings and were welcomed by Russell despite a measure of independence. Much of Russell's writing is actually addressed in a non-dogmatic manner that acknowledges this varied level of independence that Russell accepted.

In my posts/messages to ResLight, ( https://reslight.boards.net/thread/1114/alleged-failure-misrepresented-historical-claim  ) I wondered if the person he was addressing in his post was thinking primarily of the idea that Russell had (once) dropped 1914 and temporarily changed it to 1915 as the end of the Gentile Times. ResLight seemed unaware of this very short-lived teaching. But as I read some of the YouTube comments more closely, it turns out that one commenter might have had this in mind. But in a confused manner. Note:

The comments below that video include some by Jerry Jones (7 years ago) who cherry picks the same low-hanging fruit that most anti-Russell and anti-JW folks gather. He does include reference to changes from 1914 to 1915 in one comment, but seems to miss the most important point about them. For that matter, ResLight misses it too, and blames changes made in 1911 and 1915 on Bible Students who made unauthorized changes to the text while Russell was still alive and was still printing under his own Watch Tower Society banner. I believe that ResLight thinks they were unauthorized only because they created contradictions (and they were not all "admitted" in WT lists of errata) but I think there are clearer ways to show how and why Russell was able to purposely contradict himself slightly to minimize the wording changes. 

ResLight still thinks that the Great Pyramid supports 1914, and just that one example helps me understand how he is quite satisfied even with some fairly shallow defenses of Russell's foibles in other areas. 

15 hours ago, JW Insider said:

. I figure that if B.W.Schultz ever gets up to the 1914 era in his research on Russell he will likely attempt to make the identification. If I thought it was important enough, I'd ask on Schultz' blog.

Unfortunately, B.W Schults is not all that reliable. His blog mentions, the Russell was a dispensationalists. That perception is certainly misleading. History can show how the Foundations of Calvinism, Dispensationalism and futurism can be applied even premillennial. The reformation started defining how Biblical prophecy could be seen through modern eyes. The definition of the word would therefore indicate, all Christians can be seen in such a manner. 

2 hours ago, NoisySrecko said:

Unfortunately, B.W Schults is not all that reliable. His blog mentions, the Russell was a dispensationalists.

By blog I mean a forum a lot like this where many persons can respond. And they can correct one another too. It's not his own conclusions that matter so much. It's all the evidence that he has been able to gather. He does a ton of the legwork. You are free to come to your own conclusions about what the evidence can mean.