The World News Media

Ramapo Accepting Public Comment On Proposed Jehovah’s Witnesses HQ In Sloatsburg

https://rcbizjournal.com/2021/05/18/ramapo-now-accepting-public-comment-on-proposed-jehovahs-witnesses-hq-in-sloatsburg/

A DEIS Hearing Will Be Held May 26;  Public Comments Period Ends June 21

The Town of Ramapo will be accepting public comment on the proposed new World Headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses Audio/Video Production Center now that the DEIS (Draft Environmental Impact Statement) is complete. There is a DEIS hearing on May 26 and public comments will be accepted until June 21.

The 1.7 million square-foot project, known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, is slated for 155 Sterling Mine Road in largely Sloatsburg and partly in Tuxedo in Orange County. Of the 249 acres, 242 are located in Ramapo; the balance is in Tuxedo. The Tuxedo portion of land will be used for secondary driveway access.

The religious order, known as the Worldwide Order of Special Full Time Servants of Jehovah’s Witnesses, is hoping to build an A/V production center with audio and video production studios and facilities to support operations of the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses. The facilities include offices, maintenance and set production workshops, and a central chilled/hot water plant with geothermal heat recovery system. Accommodations for resident staff include 645 residential units (545 one-bedroom and 100 studio units), dining/assembly spaces,  recreation/wellness/fitness facilities, and a clinic.

( Is this a new title for some of the JWs ? And if so why ?  I have said before they have many different Orgs. )

The religious order purchased the land in 2009 for $11.5 million.

The proposed live/work facility is integral to the religious missionary and educational work of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Occupants will be members of the Order, all of whom are adults without minor children who live under a vow of obedience and poverty, or adult religious volunteers, who will be assisting on a short-term basis.

So, whos wording is this ? I've only copied and pasted it. I did note is says Servants of Jehovah’s Witnesses, not servants of GOD. 

So is this no part of the Watchtower Society either then ? 

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://rcbizjournal.com/2021/05/18/ramapo-now-accepting-public-comment-on-proposed-jehovahs-witnesses-hq-in-sloatsburg/ A DEIS Hearing Will Be Held May 26;  Public Comments Period Ends June 21

So I did a little bit of digging as to this name above. Among their corporations, the Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses cares for matters specific to Jehovah's Witnesses special full-time se

Yeah, sure looks like the end is coming any day now.

So I did a little bit of digging as to this name above.

Among their corporations, the Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses cares for matters specific to Jehovah's Witnesses special full-time servants. In a particular branch, traveling overseers, special pioneers, and branch staff are considered members of the Order of Special Full-time Servants and the Bethel Family.[16] Globally, their order is the Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah’s Witnesses.[17] Male and female members of such religious orders typically make a formal vow of poverty and are granted certain status and exemptions by many governments. While Jehovah's Witnesses do not consider members of their religious orders to be a clergy separate from other Witnesses, who are also ordained ministers, they do recognize that a government may consider them such for administrative purposes.

----------------------------------------------------

The Order of Special Full-Time Servants appears to be a religious order of Jehovah's Witnesses. What is a religious order in the context of Witness theology? Is it theologically meaningful at all? To what purpose do people join this order? When do they leave? (Do they leave?) How does the whole thing work?

yb95 pp. 5-6 Jehovah’s Witnesses—1995 Yearbook Report ***

Among the full-time workers were 15,145 members of the global Bethel family. They help to provide literature, supervision, and other beneficial services in support of the worldwide work of Bible education. Of these, 5,082 serve at the world headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, and at nearby facilities. All of them are members of the Order of Special Full-Time Servants, a religious order that is devoted exclusively to the ministry.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately a lot of info' / web pages are blocked from UK viewers. So it was difficult to get any real details. 

Yes I did try JW Org site, but no results came up. But once again I didn't see the Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses  connected to the  W&BTS ??? 

On 5/20/2021 at 6:00 AM, Matthew9969 said:

Yeah, sure looks like the end is coming any day now.

Another ten years maybe ?   Too much to happen and the True Anointed remnant have to be actively serving God properly through Christ and guiding the 'earthly class' in the right direction. Now that has to happen before all religion is completely banned earthwide. So we need some true guidance asap. It is not goingto come through the GB of the W/t. 

The A/V studio will be fitting for the GB and their helpers, because all they do is play act and pretend to serve God. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.