The World News Media

Not that I care, but the argument "I have to wear a beard for medical reasons" always reminded me of the case when Moses was delaying

xero

Herbert is known for another idea. Namely, when it comes to praying for food, he expressed the view that it is not obligatory to pray for food that does not cost more than 1 DM (Deutsche Mark) ....... blink blink ??

Here and now I have shown my primitiveness. Instead of talking about ideas, I talk about people. How sad.

• Views 3.2k
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reason there is so little common sense, is simply that common sense is not that common. Ever bit a bee?

Veeeeerrrry Simple: 1.) Jehovah God made men with beards.   ..... that's it .... no secondary points needed.          

And you should have seen the control-freak jerks when I tried to give a talk without pants! “It is remarkable, that persons who speculate the most boldly often conform with the most perfect quiet

On 6/10/2021 at 5:13 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

“It is remarkable, that persons who speculate the most boldly often conform with the most perfect quietude to the external regulations of society.” Nathanial Hawthorne 

I've no idea what your message is here but I do not know anyone other that JWs that demand that i wear a suit and tie everywhere I go. 

Just now, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

I've no idea what your message is here but I do not know anyone other that JWs that demand that i wear a suit and tie everywhere I go. 

Conforming non-conformists make a big deal about individuality, actual non-conformists don't.

"stop being molded by this system of things, but be transformed by making your mind over, so that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God." - Romans 12:2

20 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Nathanial Hawthorne is a writer who wrote some books. It is another example of my LISTENING to MEN.

Do you spend all your time sitting reading books ?  

Maybe you should take note of scripture instead. Ecclesaistes 12 : 11 through 14. 

The words of the wise are like oxgoads, and their collected sayings are like firmly embedded nails; they have been given from one shepherd. 12  As for anything besides these, my son, be warned: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.13  The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. 14  For the true God will judge every deed, including every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad.

21 hours ago, xero said:

Conforming non-conformists make a big deal about individuality, actual non-conformists don't.

"stop being molded by this system of things, but be transformed by making your mind over, so that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God." - Romans 12:2

I make no fuss about individuality. It is the GB that does not allow it. 

However I do make known the faults of your bosses the GB and their 'policemen' elders. 

The suit and tie thing IS actually part of this world. And it's part of the reasoning from Jesus about washing the inside of the dish as well as the outside. Remember how the Jewish religious leaders would look clean on the outside, and so it is with the JW Org, all about outward appearance even though the Org is immoral. All the JW CSA pedophiles would have dressed smart to please the Org. 

1 hour ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

12  As for anything besides these, my son, be warned: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.13 

Ecclesiastes 12:12 is one of my very favorite scriptures of all time ....especially years ago when there was a book release at every Convention.

... "food at the proper time".

They could have been improved with liver scented ink. and bologna flavored paper.

2 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Do you spend all your time sitting reading books ?  

I get it that some people dislike reading, and I have no issue with it.

But usually such ones are modest enough to know that lack impedes their ability to take a lead role in a debate forum.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.