The World News Media

Charles Taze Russell: Dates, Expectations, Predictions, Apologies, Response, Relevance

JW Insider

13 hours ago, Arauna said:

Do you believe you are one of them?

Arauna I have many times said that I am not anointed. There would be no grounds at all for me to think i was.

I am not anointed. I am not a 'chosen one' I am not of the heavenly class. I am not part of the body of Christ. 

But neither do i have an 'earthly hope'.  I don't 'dream' of living forever here on Earth. 

I live each day as it is, and my thoughts are more for other people than myself.  I seriously worry that no one is teaching truth right now. So you see, i find no need to be concerned as to my future, because i am not important. 

• Views 12.5k
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I assume you already know that I don't have any power to ban people from this forum. And I wouldn't ban anyone anyway, because I don't believe it's a good or useful thing to do. I think everyone comes

You are in good company. 22 “Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. 23 “Rejoice in that day and leap f

It was 4:45 am and I decided to watch this video. Very strange. It's the first I ever heard of such a "brother" at Walkill Bethel. While I was at Brooklyn Bethel I never had an opportunity to go to Wa

Posted Images

14 hours ago, JW Insider said:

I could see how one or more of these things could be twisted into a rumor of the kind that results in stories.

Or vice versa :) .  As in you making excuses for things that happened. 

As for the 'secret tunnels', I think I remember, long ago, you saying that they had been used for 'other' purposes. 

14 hours ago, Arauna said:

We know this person's writings better than you.  Do now write about what you do not know - you come across as very gullible!

My disagreement is not about Tom writing about Pearl or Witness. I've purposefully never ventured onto Pearl's website. 

My dislike is when Tom choses to lump many of us into some 'following' or other, just because we may ask a couple of questions. Tom seems to have this need to 'lump people together' into groups, and to be sarcastic about it all.  

31 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

As for the 'secret tunnels', I think I remember, long ago, you saying that they had been used for 'other' purposes. 

You might think you remember, but the last (and only other time) the topic of these tunnels came up, I would have said pretty much the same thing about them that I'm saying now. I think I might have added that there were some pipes along the ceiling in places (but the floors and walls were perfectly clean and smooth). Even before the buildings were sold recently, the city decided that the rights for any such tunnels would not be granted as part of the building property and they would have to be closed up, so now someone can imagine any kind of thing they want to imply. Maybe even use their perverse imaginations to write a scary novel about them: "Brooklyn Depths" anyone? "The Tunnel Channel"?

4 hours ago, JW Insider said:

There was absolutely nothing secret about the tunnels. No places for sinister meetings.

There are accounts of ritual “channeling” in Fred Franz’ time, in rooms or room branching off the tunnels.   It was through a little girl, and another woman also came forward with her account.  The first woman has been mentally scarred by what she experienced.  One would have to hear her reports and make up their own mind whether they are true or not.

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

Actually, the bible says that those who separate themselves are promoting self-interest. 

The GB have separated themselves in title and in duties.

The elders have separated themselves in title and in duties.

They each meet as a body, separately from the congregation to address matters each group is assigned to.

The anointed are told they cannot “separate” themselves as a body and meet together to address any matters of teachings.  They have been assigned by God to teach, yet they are prevented from doing so.  (Mal 2:7; 1 Pet 2:5,9)  The anointed are under the dominating rule of both the GB and elders.  (Matt 24:48-51)

This oppression of one’s spirituality, of the gift of Holy Spirit that God gave them to use, has no scriptural backing.  On the contrary, it defies God’s word. (2 Thess 2:1-4; 1 Cor 3:16,17;  1 Cor 12)

3 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Tom choses to lump many of us into some 'following' or other,

That is the impression I also have.  A bunch of people who have hate-OCD and come here to troll.  There is not genuine interest in learning anything from anyone!  You are merely here to waste our time..... deliberately!

7 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

That would seem to make you [Thinking] a coward. Push forward your own opinions but frightened to read the opinions of others.

Not if Witness is ‘channeling,’ it doesn’t. You may choose to attach ‘likes’ to her anti-GB diatribes that she emits through auto-writing, as though product of a seance, untroubled by her admission that she does not study the Bible at all (and then wonder why anyone would lump you in with her) but Thinking, wanting to take no chances with maybe eating “from the table of demons” ought not be condemned from staying away on that basis.

Look, if it truly is channeling, the very best face you can put on it is that of being instructed by a bot. And the worst face you can put on it is considerably worse.

11 hours ago, Arauna said:

Criticizing Gb on this forum is not preaching.

Particularly when you do nothing else. I wonder how many of Jesus’ disciples would have remained with him if his every utterance was as a Matthew 23: “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees….” Gather around for a Srecko or a Witness ‘sermon on the mount,’ and that’s what you get. It is not even clear that they believe in anything else.

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

Do now write about what you do not know - you [PSomH] come across as very gullible!

Anyone who ‘proves’ his points by saying ‘With God all things are possible!’ Is open to that criticism.

7 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

But neither do i have an 'earthly hope'. 

First it was God’s name. Now it is the paradise earth. It didn;t take long. Tomorrow, if not already, it will be “all roads lead to heaven.”

15 hours ago, Arauna said:

That is the impression I also have.  A bunch of people who have hate-OCD and come here to troll.  There is not genuine interest in learning anything from anyone!  You are merely here to waste our time..... deliberately!

I am sorry you feel that way. Your time is your own to use as you wish. It is therefore your own choice if you converse with people that you do not like.

As for your point of 'not genuine interest in learning anything from anyone', then it depends on your viewpoint. 

I ask questions of people to get a fuller meaning of their viewpoint but then i get accused of being a 'follower' of them. I don't mind accusations being thrown at me, not even accusations of being D/fed.  We are all human and we all have our own viewpoint. 

A few words about HATE from your Org. 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1970843

This right kind of hatred is in imitation of Jehovah, the God of righteousness. He does not hate what is bad because of frustration nor does he manifest his hate in uncontrolled, intemperate, violent actions. God’s hatred of what is bad is a principled hatred. Such hatred does not disturb one’s peace of mind and afflict one with ulcers. It is a strong dislike, an extreme aversion, a pronounced distaste, a profound repugnance of what is bad. It means to loathe, to abhor, to abominate whatever is bad because it is wrong, very harmful and wholly unloving.

WHY HATE WHAT IS BAD?

First of all, Jehovah hates what is bad. That in itself should be reason enough for any of us also to hate what is bad.

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

First it was God’s name. Now it is the paradise earth. It didn;t take long. Tomorrow, if not now it will be “all roads lead to heaven.”

Once again you find the need to misquote me or to twist what I write. Tom you seem unwell spiritually.

So explain this implication quoted above if you can ? 

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Anyone who ‘proves’ his points by saying ‘With God all things are possible!’ Is open to that criticism.

Anyone that does not believe that 'With God all things are possible', must have lost their faith in God. 

I see this in you Tom, you seem to have no faith in God, Christ or the Holy Spirit. Your 'faith' seems to be in your GB and it's Org. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.