The World News Media

How would solid, controvertible evidence of Extraterrestrial Aliens affect your Theology?

Pudgy

Unfortunately, it would not shake up one's faith, especially in regards to my history whereas half of my family come from an area whereas in said area manifestations and influences are a thing. In some of these manifestations, there has been sightings of various odd looking creatures, even grey and green ones an example would be the greyish demonic figure standing over an infant child in the middle of the night looking at the ceiling, only discovered via smart camera in one's house. In addition, more and more of this is predominant in the realm of those who are practitioners of Black Magic otherwise known as Voodou.

There has been some events to which even the air force was shocked, which sparks the question about shifting focus from space to the deep oceans. Then you have the situation with the African Children a while back that sent them into a mental induced ride of their life.

That being said, in the past, people use to replica various nefarious things with the dead, but despite this, it has never shaken one's faith. Even present day with manifestations, black magic, deception and all the things that can break a man.

• Views 2.8k
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

aaaaaawh. So this was unserious. A throwaway comment. So would your comments about "waiting untill the 3rd page" to Space Merchant, ( or as you put it, a "throwaway unserious " comment ) fal

The question makes me think of Carl Sagan's Contact, if you haven't read it I recommend it, or at least I liked it and the movie adaptation as well. Sagan brings up this subject in a way. There w

I will vouch for Tom…he’s a writer…and he banters…he’s also very genuine…yes he can talk a bit harsh at times…but I’ve also seen him be enormously kind …very tactful….and even unbelievably humble…a tr

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ApostaBabe Linda James said:

One would think that there would be some kind of understanding for the timing of the comment. 

Actually, I kind of like Space Merchant. I hope I didn’t put him off with my throwaway unserious comment.

Alas, the editing feature is being sharply restricted lately—it shut down early, so I must make another comment to get the attention of @Space Merchant. Please read the above two comments.

(And the delete function has disappeared! Yikes! This means I’ll have to use much more restraint with PSomH. How many times have I quickly slapped back at the dodo, then deleted my own hasty comment?)

On 7/5/2021 at 10:53 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

One would think a Space Merchant would be the very first commenter on a thread dealing with aliens, rather than holding off to page 3.

I was more focused on the original opening comment, haven't brushed over page 2, but yes. There are things that the human mind can't comprehend concerning aliens, and there are those, who are familiar with what I have mentioned, and it does not shake them, but enables them to tread carefully as is doing the research, i.e. Pentagon Reports and their confusion, focused base station lasers to fool people, Zimbabwe, etc.

In my case, stuff like this is another day in the office, if it weren't for my own history, then perhaps in a different reality my armor of faith would succumb to several cracks.

That being said, I said what I said because about a month ago, there was an discussion that lasted for almost 2 hours talking about aliens as is what I had brought up before.

@ApostaBabe Linda James Indeed. Always busy. Even more now compared to before because of whom I now represent.

9 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Actually, I kind of like Space Merchant. I hope I didn’t put him off with my throwaway unserious comment.

aaaaaawh. So this was unserious.

A throwaway comment.

So would your comments about "waiting untill the 3rd page" to Space Merchant, ( or as you put it, a "throwaway unserious " comment ) fall under what is called, "bantering?"

I know, this may appear to be a socially awkward question. But I'm being totally serious as I'm asking this.

So TrueTomHarley, if that be the case, then you weren't meaning to throw him off ( and I would assume anyone else for that matter ) with your "throwaway unserious" comment, because it's form of "bantering?"

And again, if that be the case, then I could really use some help ( and/or patience ) and a lot, and I mean A LOT of time with adjusting to what has always appeared to me, 🙄 as a disturbingly strange way of socially interacting.

I've seen people appearing to be, and it has even been explained to me as being, a form of 😊☺ social bonding through a number of dismissive insults. 😳😲😬 Yet when I see them get to the worst possible dig or insult, they will literally bust out belly gut laughing. Both of them! I, on the other hand am just speechless, ( possibly even traumatized ) as they will high five one another through what appears to be a really good time between the two of them.

As I write out this comment, I am coming to realize that with so many of your comments that I have read here at "World News," for the last year or so, where I have thought to myself,  💭 "What a pompous elitist schmuck this man is," 💭 what you've more then likely been doing is, simply attempting to bond with other's here through "bantering."

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now if you are willing help me with this "bantering" thing, just know that for all of my life, I have never been able to tap into that place of realizing or knowing the difference between bantering ( which = fun ) and bullying. ( which = abusive. 😥 a tearing away at one's soul )

Thanks 😁

6 hours ago, ApostaBabe Linda James said:

So would your comments about "waiting untill the 3rd page" to Space Merchant, ( or as you put it, a "throwaway unserious " comment ) fall under what is called, "bantering?"

Yes.

then you weren't meaning to throw him off 

No.

And again, if that be the case, then I could really use some help

Okay. Banter doesn’t necessarily translate well. It can be taken for serious remarks. SpaceMerchant is from a region and culture substantially different than mine. He is also more serious in his demeanor than me. Therefore, he might think I am making fun or him or his moniker (since the topic is aliens.) I was not. That’s why I reached out to him to clarify. It is because I have regard for him that I did this. I don’t have the same high regard for everyone.

and/or patience ) and a lot, and I mean A LOT of time with adjusting to what has always appeared to me, 🙄 as a disturbingly strange way of socially interacting.

You have chosen the right forum to study, for there are several genuinely strange people here, and so what can be expected of their interacting?

social bonding through a number of dismissive insults. 😳😲😬 Yet when I see them get to the worst possible dig or insult, they will literally bust out belly gut laughing. Both of them! 

You’ll have to give examples of this. It is nothing I try to do and if I’ve fallen into it, it was accidental.

they will high five one another through what appears to be a really good time between the two of them.

On the other hand, there are some here I call “villains,” and I genuinely don’t like them, because their purpose here is to trash what I hold dear. But that doesn’t mean that they don’t wear like an old shoe at times, and so here and there a comment might be taken for comraderie.

I am coming to realize that with so many of your comments that I have read here at "World News," for the last year or so, where I have thought to myself,  💭 "What a pompous elitist schmuck this man is,"

Sometimes you do well to stay with your first instincts.

what you've more then likely been doing is, simply attempting to bond with other's here through "bantering."

No.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

This place is a writing workshop for me, part of a hobby. ‘There is a gaggle of regulars here, some of them I like, some I don’t, some i like more than others, and some I dislike more than others. I’m a communicator and I gots to communicate. Stuff I first formulate here sometimes ends up elsewhere, for I have my own blog and have even written a few ebooks. Everyone else has his or her own rationale for being here too. 

My practice here is to divide people into three classes. 1) those who have tasted and seen that Jehovah is good, 2) those who have tasted and seen that he is bad, and 3) those who have never tasted. It is an application on Psalm 34:8: “Taste and see that Jehovah is good, O YOU people; Happy is the able-bodied man that takes refuge in him.”

Now, #1 and #2 will speak a language that #3, through lack of experience, does not. For that reason, there are probably not too many #3s around—they would soon get bored silly. From the standpoint of one who tries to be a #1, loyal to God as JWs understand him, I do not believe it is right to earnestly engage with those #2s who have tasted and spit it out the fine food. Maybe you know both the scriptures and the counsel behind this stand.

So, if I reply, I often don’t speak to them as much as I speak past them or even about them, as though they were not present. Or I ignore them completely to make another point of my own. This might easily give the impression of a pompous elitist schmuck to someone sympathetic to their point of view. But I am not elitist. I suppose I come off as cocky sometimes. Sorry.

I go on the assumption—I think it is correct—that this is a forum run by a Witness, admittedly an avant-garde one, who allows “apostate” comments, and thus Jehovah’s Witnesses are the ‘good guys.’ If it was the other way around, if it was an “apostate” site that allowed Witness comments, I would not be around, for I would think myself a troll for doing so.

So this is my site, in effect, not their site. I don’t try to bully. But I suppose when the besiegers have cast their ladders against the castle wall and I pour out the boiling oil upon them it might seem that way.

7 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Yes.

No.

Okay. Banter doesn’t necessarily translate well. It can be taken for serious remarks. SpaceMerchant is from a region and culture substantially different than mine. He is also more serious in his demeanor than me. Therefore, he might think I am making fun or him or his moniker (since the topic is aliens.) I was not. That’s why I reached out to him to clarify. It is because I have regard for him that I did this. I don’t have the same high regard for everyone.

You have chosen the right forum to study, for there are several genuinely strange people here, and so what can be expected of their interacting?

You’ll have to give examples of this. It is nothing I try to do and if I’ve fallen into it, it was accidental.

On the other hand, there are some here I call “villains,” and I genuinely don’t like them, because their purpose here is to trash what I hold dear. But that doesn’t mean that they don’t wear like an old shoe at times, and so here and there a comment might be taken for comraderie.

Sometimes you do well to stay with your first instincts.

No.

This place is a writing workshop for me, part of a hobby. Stuff I first formulate here sometimes ends up elsewhere, for I have my own blog and have even written a few books. Everyone else has his or her own rationale for being here too. 

My practice here is to divide people into three classes. 1) those who have tasted and seen that Jehovah is good, 2) those who have tasted and seen that he is bad, and 3) those who have never tasted. It is an application on Psalm 34:8: “Taste and see that Jehovah is good, O YOU people; Happy is the able-bodied man that takes refuge in him.”

Now, #1 and #2 will speak a language that #3, through lack of experience, does not. For that reason, there are probably not too many #3s around—they would soon get bored silly. From the standpoint of one who tries to be a #1, loyal to God as JWs understand him, I do not believe it is right to earnestly engage with those #2s who have tasted and spit it out the fine food. Maybe you know both the scriptures and the counsel behind this.

So, if I reply, I often don’t speak to them as much as I speak about them, as though they were not present. Or I ignore them completely to make another point of my own. This might easily give the impression of a pompous elitist schmuck to someone sympathetic to their point of view. But I am not elitist.

I will vouch for Tom…he’s a writer…and he banters…he’s also very genuine…yes he can talk a bit harsh at times…but I’ve also seen him be enormously kind …very tactful….and even unbelievably humble…a trait I admire greatly.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.