The World News Media

Did everyone notice another book added to the Watchtower Library "CD" and the WOL?

JW Insider

• Views 1.3k
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good analogy. But if you shot yourself in the foot once, would you not be extra careful from then on so you don't shoot yourself in the foot again? I mean if you shot yourself in the foot at least three times after that.....well.....I think you would get called all kinds of names, and most probably everyone would want to take that gun from you! The Generation theory has been expounded on at least three times since that Awake article, and with similar assuredness. It's the assuredness every time

Thanks again. The enumeration presented shows on which elements the doctrinal settings of WTJWorg are based. It also contains a list of things you act on because of accepted doctrines, but also because of some direct actions in the past that you seek to emulate. Certainly, we must acknowledge that some of the doctrines on the list are the product of today's JW's interpretation or understanding of the meaning of biblical passages, and this is subject to further discussion, which has already bee

I already said that I have learned not to trust statements made in such a manner. It seems that those who write them have not learned from the past, because they write them in the same way today. Regardless of historical time frame and differing values etc. saying "we really don't know, but this is our opinion" is never out of fashion. Making bold statements as if they are 100% correct and infallible is neither wise nor discreet.....at any time.

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Yes, I agree. WTJWorg Administration has been proving that for 142 years ... with black letters on white paper. 

The proof is in the eating of the pudding.  We are close to the time when all will be revealed.  Pity you spend your time with so much hate.   Jesus said he will find his true disciples in love and unity.  With whom are you united?  All the renegades?

On 7/3/2021 at 11:43 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

It is just that with nearly all of her writing devoted to her pet peeve, who has the time to search to see if there are any diamonds among the turds?

Just more sexist and insulting comments from Tom I see. Does he really think he is a Christian ? 

57 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Just more sexist and insulting comments from Tom 

Is there no word at all that you know how to use properly? The only reason anyone could possibly call my remarks sexist is that she is a woman.

She might just as well label me a man-hater for consistently calling you a dodo. 

(Now, if someone called me a bird-hater due to that last remark, I guess I’d have no choice but to repent in sackcloth.)

13 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

might just as well label me a man-hater for consistently calling you a dodo. 

careful - "they"  may identify as something else....lol

And now @Arauna joins in on the insults. These JW 'Christians' really love to insult people. 

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The only reason anyone could possibly call my remarks sexist is that she is a woman.

And the only reason you find to insult her IS BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN.  If she was a man and saying that they were Anointed, you would lose all your ammunition. You seem to hate that women can be Anointed and that women can prophecy. But scripture proves that both those things are possible. 

Just now, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

. You seem to hate that women can be Anointed a

I have a 89 year old friend who is anointed.  She is humble and loving and always serving others.  Now that she is older she cannot cook for others any longer ...... but she never tried to act anointed or want special attention or anything like that!  The "anointed" woman, on this forum (similar to the Jezebel mentioned in Revelation in the time of John) are not anointed or if they may have been (past tense) ...... they also have not been sealed!

7 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

id God or Christ put you in the judgement seat to judg

Her hate-OCD has convinced me she is not a child of Christ - just as your crazy rantings and misapplication of scripture has also put you in the same category.  So you love what she says - no surprise there!

13 hours ago, Arauna said:

Her hate-OCD has convinced me she is not a child of Christ - just as your crazy rantings and misapplication of scripture has also put you in the same category.  So you love what she says - no surprise there!

Pathetic answer from a lady that thinks she knows more than everyone else.  You may have seen Satan's big wide world, but you have not even glimpsed at Truth. You are so mixed up with your own thoughts of hate and OCD that you try to apply it to others. 

On 7/3/2021 at 11:01 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

Are you sure this is not a matter of “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? Kicking against the goads makes it hard for you?”

Seriously. I respect you for saying this, for many unhappy people will nonetheless maintain that they are happy, I think yielding to peer pressure that would equate being unhappy with being a loser. When you read relatively high percentages of those who say they are overall happy AND relatively high percentages of those who say they are consumed with anxiety, stress, and depression, to the point of medical treatment, you know something is amiss.

Nor would I ever suggest that all of Jehovah’s people are happy in their present life—all creation is sighing and groaning, is the way Paul puts it—but they get by with what humanists would regard as “cheating,” keeping their gaze on the things above instead of the things below, keeping their eye on the prize when tears and pain will pass away, with earth restored to paradise, looking to the resurrection hope, keeping their eye ‘simple’ in the present system, and so forth.

Of course, the GB encourages that view and builds upon it because the Bible encourages and builds upon it. It is integral to Paul saying he has learned the secret of how to be content regardless of his circumstances, in times of abundance and in times of want.

Seriously, what are you doing here, running down the GB, making that a significant project in your life? What is the point of it? Are you not kicking against the goads? 

The core doctrines of JWs all hold up in their eyes. If I recall, you have questioned what the core doctrines are, as though you would include matters of immediate timing among them. I’ve thought you must be disingenuous in the question, for every Witness knows what they are, and for that reason I don’t go there. But maybe you are sincere in the question, having been away so long, and surrounded by those on a crusade to undercut, significantly contributing to it yourself—maybe all that has served to muddy the waters on what any Witness has no problem with, confusing the ‘core doctrines’ with interpretations of just when the end will come.

Look, everyone knows that looking into the future is not a piece of cake—why keep harping on it? Witnesses are content that the bros taking the lead are doing the best they can, are overall conducting themselves honorably and in fear of God. Most importantly, on matters of advertising and safeguarding the core doctrines, they are doing splendidly. No one else is representing kingdom interests better. Never is it that ALL the core teachings are represented elsewhere, and with the majority of faiths, very few indeed are represented, even none at all. Why do you keep harping on the ones who have succeeded and are succeeding in this? Particularly if you suggest that such a course may lead ones to a place you occupy, a place where you are not very happy and have not been for a long time? What’s the point of it? 

It may be that you are dissatisfied, not the with 20% (as Arauna puts it) but with the 80% Maybe you think the Bible itself is but the word of men, and that to impute divine inspiration into it is nonsense. It is far easier to understand your critical course in this event. It is far more intellectually honest to acknowledge this as your basis for discontent. If so, these are the matters to grapple with, if that be possible, the 80%, rather than taking shots at the forecasting ability of those taking the lead in the JW organization. 

Come now, attend to these things if you can. The point is, should we die in this system of things, that we should die “old and satisfied with days.”

That was so Lovingly  said Tom…and I also respect Sekro for saying that….

8 hours ago, Arauna said:

I have a 89 year old friend who is anointed.  She is humble and loving and always serving others.  Now that she is older she cannot cook for others any longer ...... but she never tried to act anointed or want special attention or anything like that!  The "anointed" woman, on this forum (similar to the Jezebel mentioned in Revelation in the time of John) are not anointed or if they may have been (past tense) ...... they also have not been sealed!

What a lot of these so called anointed sisters fail to realise is we are still under the scriptural advise that the man is head of the woman….a truly anointed woman would know this..and even tho more than likely have much deeper understanding of the scriptures than any elder….they would recognise this and be obedient to this earthly and scriptural  laid out arrangement…and conduct in any congregation.

There is nothing humble about any of these women….they are presumptions beyond belief….

• Similar Content

• By Jack Ryan
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. The branch loads usb sticks with videos and content and sends it to the congregation, who then load it to the jw box, which the publishers connect and download into their devices. 
      It works as a normal device and can be charged through usb, adapter or power bank.
      The best part, they want donations of $75 for it! So they don't provide any physical food to people in Africa but they can send them "Spiritual Food" for $75. 
      Turns out, you can buy the same exact thing on Amazon for $45!!! All they did was slap a JW Logo onto of it and cover over the name of the product with a white sticky tape. 
      let's say they bought these in bulk for 20 dollars. If they sell 1million of these at a 50.00 dollar profit. The org just made 50 million !

• By Jesus.defender
      1888 "In this chapter we present the Bible evidence proving that the full end of the times of the gentiles, i.e., the full end of their lease of dominion, will be reached in A.D. 1914; and that the date will be the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect men. And be it observed, that if this is shown to be a fact firmly established by the Scriptures, it will prove; Firstly, that at that date the Kingdom of God, for which our Lord taught us to pray, saying, Thy Kingdom come, will obtain full, universal control, and that it will then be set up, or firmly established, in the earth, on the ruins of present institutions." (The Time Is At Hand, 1888, p. 76, 77)

1889 "Be not surprised, then, when in subsequent chapters we present proofs that the setting up of the Kingdom of God is already begun, that it is pointed out in prophecy as due to begin the exercise of power in A.D. 1878, and that the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty (Rev. 16:14) which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced. The gathering of the armies is plainly visible from the standpoint of God's word." (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 2, The Time Is At Hand, 1889 Ed., p. 101. The 1915 Edition of this texts changed "A.D. 1914" to read 'A.D. 1915')

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      I made a donation on line at JW.ORG. Why are they using a Switzerland banking address?
      By Guest
    • By JW Insider
      Most of us have probably already worked through the online Bible Study course on jw.org.This was an excellent idea. Although others sites have done it, too, it was especially good to see it on the jw.org site. It has some unique features here and is, of course, geared toward a Witness viewpoint. Yet there are very few lessons that contain a lot of unique doctrinal material, even though Trinity, Soul/Hell are presented. It's very simplified and has some nice features that would work well for non-readers. It's all finished in 8 lessons.
      Each lesson may have only a few questions or sections and a quick reader can get through all the content of all the lessons, including short videos, in about 15 minutes. You could even click all the footnotes and links and read the scripture links and still finish the entire course in under a half-hour. There are links at the end of each lesson which point to website articles (usually original or slightly modified Watchtower and Awake! articles that have their own pages on the jw.org site). Comparing this to several of our our books geared toward those who would study the Bible with us in person (for several months) one could more easily customize a Bible study where extra links were only looked up in the event the student had additional questions or concerns about a topic, and a sufficient study could be completed in a matter of days, or even hours.
      Notice too that there are no direct links to anything about 1914, 1919, 1922, etc. Nothing about blood transfusions, birthdays, etc. The very first lesson does contain a
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. where the very first and only secular dates are mentioned: they are 732 B.C.E., then 539 B.C.E., then 614 B.C.E. Someone might wonder why 539 is used as an accurate secular date and yet there is no explanation as to why the other two secular dates differ from the same secular evidence by 20 years. I don't suppose anyone expects the student to question this. A sense of accuracy is offered by the statement immediately following the video which says: "Each detail is confirmed by historical records, including the Nabonidus Chronicle and the history of Herodotus." Of course, the only reason we keep one of the secular dates (539), but change the prior secular dates by 20 years is so that the 1914 date can be "supported." But, as stated, 1914 is not mentioned directly in the lessons, unless you include two of the six extra links to articles for further information (at the end of the very last lesson, 3.3). These are the lessons: 
      Unit 1 | The Bible and Its Author
      Lesson 1.1  |  About the Bible—Can the Bible Help You?
      Lesson 1.2  |  Who Is God, the Creator?
      Unit 2 | The Bible’s Main Characters
      Lesson 2.1  |  Who Is Jesus?
      Lesson 2.2  |  Who Are the Angels?
      Lesson 2.3  |  Why Did God Create Humans?
      Unit 3 | The Bible’s Message of Hope
      Lesson 3.1  |  Why Do Suffering and Evil Exist?
      Lesson 3.2  |  How Does God Save Us From Death?
      Lesson 3.3  |  How Will God End Suffering and Evil?
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Villahermosa, Tabasco.- Debido a los altos índices de inseguridad que se viven en las calles de Villahermosa, los Testigos de Jehová han tenido que recurrir a la tecnología para poder predicar desde una aplicación móvil, en donde los usuarios pueden descargar la biblia en más de 234 idiomas y dialectos, y con ello, enfrentarse al hecho de que las personas no les quieren abrir las puertas de sus casas por temor a ser saqueados.
      Y es que señalaron que ante el incremento en la tasa delictiva, muchos ciudadanos temen dejarlos pasar a sus hogares para recibir la palabra de Dios, es por eso que ahora recurren a solo invitarlos “desde los portones o banquetas- a que descarguen la aplicación y exploren información relacionada a los mandatos de Jehová, indicó Raymundo Argudo Pérez, predicador.
      “Es una aplicación gratuita para toda la gente en donde la sociedad de los Testigos de Jehová puede checar en línea información  cómo películas bíblicas,  caricaturas para los niños, consejos para los niños de cómo deben ser obedientes a los padres, también la Biblia en línea”, apuntó.
      A lo que continuó: Algunas personas pues temen abrir sus puertas y nosotros evitamos accesar a los hogares, siempre les decimos que mejor desde afuera.
      No obstante, ellos continúan recorriendo la ciudad en sus tiempos libres para trasladar la sabiduría de Jesucristo a través de la predicación en los hogares que se los permitan, situación que los vuelve vulnerables a los atracos de los amantes de lo ajeno, sobre todo en colonias populares denominadas focos rojos.
      Incluso –dijo- que los delincuentes han accesado al interior de los centros religiosos en donde se reúnen, para secuestrar a predicadores.
      “No se cobra nada y nosotros lo hacemos de manera voluntaria tomando en cuenta un principio bíblico registrado en Mateo capítulo 10 versículo 8, donde ahí se expresa nuestro señor Jesucristo cuando capacitó a sus discípulos para ir a predicar, él no les cobró si no les dijo, recibieron gratis den gratis, la palabra de Dios no se vende”, concluyó.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By Bible Speaks
      "You created all things."—Rev. 4:11.

“Your eyes saw even the embryo of me, and in your book all its parts were down in writing, as regards the days when they were formed and there was not yet one among them.” (Ps. 139:16)
    • By Bible Speaks
      Jehovah’s Witnesses have translated Bible-based material from English into over 900 languages. Translation of a written text into another written language is challenging enough. But sign-language translation involves additional work. Many deaf people communicate ideas visually by using their hands and facial expressions, so sign-language translators translate from text to video. In this way, the Witnesses have translated publications into more than 90 sign languages.

• By JayDubya
      I understand the necessity and need and desire to preach the word and it’s urgency, however, would this be a witness if this person were pulled over by a cop? Or speeding? Or cut someone off? Or playing ‘worldlyÂ’ music? ItÂ’s a bit commercialized. I certainly would NEVER want to drive a car with that tag for ‘we all stumble many times.Â’ Driving in a neighborhood could be a ‘warningÂ’ instead of a witness. Idk. How far is too far?

• By Jack Ryan
      Request for personal data erasure under gdpr refused on clause which says religious organisations can keep records. The following is in their privacy policy:
      Upon receipt of your written request, after you provide sufficient evidence of your identity and enough information to permit us to identify your personal data, the applicable data controller will fairly consider granting the request by balancing the interests of the individual in gaining access to data or correcting or deleting data against the legitimate interests of the organization, including whether granting the request would endanger the organization’s right to religious freedom and practice. We will also notify any third-party recipients of the necessary changes.
      Please note that your data may not be erased if processing is required by law or if the data may be kept on other legal bases. For example, the religious organization has an interest in permanently maintaining data regarding an individual’s status as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Deleting such information would unduly infringe on the organization’s religious beliefs and practices. Requests to delete personal data are subject to any applicable legal reporting or document retention requirements imposed on us. You may also lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority about the processing of the data you have provided through this website.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Why JW.ORG does not show development regarding sexual abuse cases as it does with other legal issues? 

• By The Librarian
      1988-Insight-1.pdf
      1988-Insight-2.pdf
    • Guest Kurt
      By Guest Kurt

• By Landon
      SO HARD to get an email address to contact jw.org. I have a media resource-licensing question for pictures on JW.org. Does anyone know an email address that I can direct my question to?
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Transcript - Promoting Love and Respect for Truth.pdf
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.