The World News Media

King of the North vs. King of the South....Who could have foreseen this happening?

The Librarian

• Views 341
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw Bob this morning. Yep, good ol’ Bob.  He said he saw Carl all dressed up in a suit and tie having coffee at the same table with the king of the south telling lies to each other. Man said they were to invade the land of decoration after going out in service, or letter writing rather.  I couldn’t believe it! That rat!

Bob ……  Bob foresaw this happening ……  

United Nations loves China and they are at present doing the financial "reset" and food reset of the West - so it will go the UN way as the goals of Agenda 2030 itself is the great reset.  NGOs are running the sustainable development and Blackrock and other billionaires doing their share.  The bible is clear about the King of the North and so are the GB.  The North is Russia with its allies which include China and Iran. All the totalitarian states (which hate the true people of God and alre

United Nations loves China and they are at present doing the financial "reset" and food reset of the West - so it will go the UN way as the goals of Agenda 2030 itself is the great reset.  NGOs are running the sustainable development and Blackrock and other billionaires doing their share. 

The bible is clear about the King of the North and so are the GB.  The North is Russia with its allies which include China and Iran. All the totalitarian states (which hate the true people of God and already stand in the Holy Place). True worshippers are put in prison or killed by all these regimes and most of the states close to china (which were ex-Russian states) imprison our brothers.  Most have totalitarian regimes and our brothers have to be extremely careful and cannot preach on phone by using the name of Jehovah.  At Armageddon they will openly start to kill us and hunt us down.

UN is called the disgusting thing of DESOLATION.   It will promise 'peace and security' as its spiritistic theosophist charter indicates but it will also bring great desolation to the earth and try to destroy the people of Jehovah.... and all earthly organizations which stand in its way.

As I have shown here before on the forum - the UN and the WEF is in an agreement which gives them the financial power of the world. Control over food, water, land, energy, money, behavior etc. is the ultimate goal and they are creating havoc in the supply chain and creating companies which will control and make an inventory of everything. China is buying companies in the West and enlarging its Belton road project during this lockdown.

A new totalitarian financial system - the great reset. Although some billionaires are now buying bitcoin, such as Soros, I do not actually trust his shenanigans because his past behavior has proven that he tries to destroy to gain power.  He is well-known for destroying currencies. 

Bitcoin gives its holder independence from the global system which is on its way and almost here (UN will openly rule for one hour as Bible says). Those who do not have the mark - political agreement with them - will be outcasts and may try to use bitcoin when they cannot buy or sell with the digital currencies offered by the UN central bank or IMF. 

This is my speculation: they will outlaw bitcoin somehow because they do not want any person to be independent from the 'mothership'. ... or they will try to destroy the currency..... and I will not put it past Soros to maneuver something because he is a globalist and has openly been working towards this goal for 30 years with his Open Foundation.  Time will tell.

Gold and silver will be useless when there is no food and neither will bitcoin. Trust is the foundation of all currencies.  Trust is being lost in the present system by all the gaslighting,  deceit and lies and media coverups. 

9 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Bob …… 

Bob foresaw this happening ……

I saw Bob this morning. Yep, good ol’ Bob. 

He said he saw Carl all dressed up in a suit and tie having coffee at the same table with the king of the south telling lies to each other. Man said they were to invade the land of decoration after going out in service, or letter writing rather. 

I couldn’t believe it! That rat!

• Similar Content

• By Witness
      The other day, my son video-taped his visit to a car wash. To accompany the ride, he chose endearing music from a movie about the journeys of a stuffed toy bear. I have always had dubious concerns of ground water pollution from copious amounts of rainbow-colored soap and the excess waste of water. However, while watching his video, I was fascinated how the merging of color, water and music transformed a trip to the carwash, into a captivating fantasy ride of illusion. It was enjoyable to watch, and it effectively drew my attention away from the harm those chemicals could cause to the environment.
      Recently, the “king of the north” spoken of in the book of Daniel, was the topic of May’s broadcast. (Dan 11:13) The organization’s leaders are progressive experts at creating illusions, to keep their untrustworthy teachings fresh and appealing. (Isa 30:10) Just as my son’s video of combined special effects drew my attention away from my previous skepticism, it appears the governing leaders were doing their best to squelch all doubts about the “king’s” identity, that a JW may possibly harbor in their heart. (1 John 4:1) 
      They have spun a great big story about its various players, complete with a fancy chart, news clips from past wars, background music and firsthand experiences. The end result pulls one’s attention away from the real danger lurking among JWs. (Neh 6:10-13; Jer 14:14; John 10:7-13; 2 Tim 4:3,4) 
      Since 1870, this king has changed its identity three times. It is very convenient that actions in the world have aided in fulfilling a physical display of this king, that has persecuted JWs over the years. It surely has satisfied the need for the organization to prophesy falsehoods. (Prov 26:28) Now, it is said that Russia and its allies “may well be the king of the north”. Despite the fanfare announcing the king’s identity, it appears the governing speaker left the door ajar for “new light”. (Isa 50:10; 59:9) There “may well be”’ another king of the north in the future; but by their profound proposition, once hearing this video JWs will believe it is a fact that Russia is the present king of the north. 
      The anointed priesthood is under the New Covenant in Christ. This covenant promise is referred to as “New Jerusalem”/“Jerusalem above” – heavenly Jerusalem. (Heb 8:6-10; 9:15; Gal 4:26; Rev 3:12) 
      During the last days, it is prophesied that God’s holy people are confronted by a large army that rules over them. Would it be recognized as a military army suppressing not only JWs, but other religions in a specific area, which has happened in Russia? (Joel 2:1,2,6; Rev 9:3,4,7,8; Ps 57:4; Rev 13:5-7; 16:13-16; 20:7-9) 
      What did Jesus say about this tribulation that would come upon the saints in the last days?
      Matt 24:4,5,24,25 - Jesus answered them, “Be careful not to let anyone deceive you. 5 Many will come using my name. They will say, ‘I am the Messiah (“anointed”),’ and they will deceive many people.”
      “False messiahs and false prophets will appear. They will work spectacular, miraculous signs and do wonderful things to deceive, if possible, even those whom God has chosen. Listen! I’ve told you this before it happens.”
      Any time in the past when armies and nations were allowed to conquer or take captive God’s chosen people, they had strayed from His decrees. We see this pattern of discipline throughout the Hebrew scriptures. If the warning call that was spoken through His prophets was unheeded, God removed His spiritual protection, and the enemy victimized Israel. (2 Kings 17:5-17; Isa 58:1) The practice of idolatry and listening to false prophets/teachers was the primary reason for their suffering, and was viewed by God as spiritual harlotry. (Deut 32:15; Ezek 13:8,10,12; 16:26-29; 20:21,30,32; Exod 32:2-6; 1 Cor 10:7,8) 
      But today’s enemy that God has allowed to overcome the saints, brings about the great tribulation. (Zech 8:9,10; Dan 12:1; Matt 24:21,22) This enemy uses a different tactic, other than the obvious. (Matt 24:24; 2 Cor 11:2-4,13,14; 2 Thess 2:9-10; Rev 13:13,14) 
      The anointed have fallen captive to fabricated stories about an organization that will lead its devoted members into the Kingdom to come. Although Jesus and the apostles tell God’s servants to be on the lookout for false teachers who would deceive the elect, in the last 150 years the anointed and thousands along with them, were taken captive, nonetheless. (Ezek 21:24; Matt 24:11; Luke 21:24; 2 Pet 2:1-3; 2 Tim 4:3,4;Eph 5:6; Col 2:8; Rev 13:10) 
      Yes, today, through the allurement of theories, charts, news clips and videos, the attention of God’s people is directed away from the spiritual war at hand. (Ps 36:3; 101:7;Prov 11:9;26:24-26; Jer 23:25,32) (1 Pet 5:8,9; James 4:7; Rev 13:5-7; 12:3,4,15) 
      Although God’s anointed have sinned, this time their sins are not so apparent, since they believe they are rightly preaching the good news, and living by God’s standards. (Lam 2:14 :Isa 30:10; 6:10; Zech 7563:11 ) They take comfort in trusting the seemingly righteous “slave”, as their leaders are called, is providing “food at the proper time”. (Isa 28:1,7,8,14,15; Amos 8:11; 2 Chron 15:3; Rev 6:5,6,8; 18:8; 13:17) 
      We remember the prediction that Jesus proclaimed against Jerusalem:
      Luke 21:20 - “When you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that its desolation has come near. 21 Then those in Judea must flee to the mountains. Those inside the city must leave it, and those who are in the country must not enter it, 22 because these are days of vengeance to fulfill all the things that are written.”
      For those under the new covenant, does this prediction contain any spiritual merit today?
      Consider the massive world-wide army at large within the organization. To paraphrase a book about remaining “in God’s love”, it describes the survival of an army as dependent on full obedience and cooperation toward the hierarchy of command. It then states that within that organization, compromising could put each soldier of the army in danger. The book describes “Jehovah’s” appointed servants as an army. This army of servants, is the elder body. Rebelling against appointed elders whom they say God “has put in authority over us” will put everyone at risk. The hierarchy of command must be respected.
      Is the anointed “royal priesthood” exempt from this human authority placed over JWs? (1 Pet 2:5,9) No. Their role as God’s priests, has become quite insignificant and meaningless. (Isa 21:10; Dan 11:31; 2 Thess 2:4; 2 Cor 11:20) 
      In a discussion about the anointed ruling as active priests today (Mal 2:7), one JW here recently said, “do we not have enough spirit of God? What if they are pretending to be anointed and start to lord it over the sheep?” Isn’t it interesting how she cannot envision the pretentious counterfeit priesthood in the elder body, lording it over all JWs, especially the anointed Temple dwelling of God. (1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22) She apparently suffers from a false sense of “peace and security”, believing fully that God’s spirit has abundantly blessed the organization. (Jer 6:14; 1 Thess 5:3)
      Under the rule of a wicked slave, the anointed are beat down into silence. (Jer 23:1,2,11; Matt 24:48-51)  These “living stones” have forfeited their “princely” role to become slaves of men who demand their obedience. (Eccl 10:5-7; Joel 1:6; Rev 9:7,8; Ps 57:4; Prov 24:15,16; John 10:7,8) Those that do stand and speak out supporting their Head Jesus Christ and his truths; those who proclaim that their people are downtrodden, and explain why, are then disfellowshipped. (Prov 31:8,9; John 16:2; Rev 13:11,12,15) “New Jerusalem” is surrounded by this army of elders who have been granted full authority over them, by false prophets. 
      In the latest monthly broadcast on the king of the north, it is hard to narrow it down to just one lie. They worked diligently to hide all truth, going so far as stating that this “king” has had three different identities since the 1870’s. What I find interesting is that their version of each king of the north, as physical nations persecuting JWs, were generally limited to the countries they mentioned – Germany, Soviet Union, and today, Russia. We don’t see JWs in the U.S., Canada, or the majority of other nations, suffering as those in Russia are presently experiencing. Does this really fulfill Bible prophesy as outlined in Daniel 11?
      When God’s holy people are surrounded by the enemy of the north, this means that all of anointed “Israel” come under the dominate rule over them. Dan 10:14 and Gal 6:16 was referred to as spiritual Israel being the target of persecution, yet it was never clearly specified just who are “Israel”. (Rom 2:28,29) I can imagine that all JWs fully believe they are God’s chosen spiritual “Jews”, which only refers to the anointed priesthood/”living stones” of God’s Temple and Body of Christ. (1 Pet 2:5; Col 1:19; 2:9; John 14:23; 1 Cor 3:16; 6:19) I suppose this generalization helps support their theory of JWs suffering in Russia. 
      To make their claim, it was necessary to select certain scriptures and apply them to each “king of the north” for its physical fulfillment. As a whole, one of the three identities could not fulfill all cited scriptures. Not so, when applying Daniel’s abomination of desolation/”disgusting thing” ruling over or ”sitting” in the Temple of God, which is the elder body. (Dan 9:27; Matt 24:15,16; Mark 13:14; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2) The “daily sacrifice” or “constant feature” has been removed from the anointed priests and replaced with sacrifices to an idol, offered by the counterfeit priesthood in the elder body. (Dan 11:31) 
      However, the governing leader states that this “constant feature” was removed by Germany, which “hurled denunciations against the holy covenant.” The removal of this constant feature is said to be the limitation of JWs to preach in that country. Again, those under the holy New Covenant, are the anointed.
      The "daily sacrifices" are connected to the priesthood selected by God, since it has been established. Under Aaron, these sacrifices provided atonement for sins on behalf of the people. Today, in the spiritual Temple of God, of which they are members of, they offer sacrifices of praise and truth. (Num 18:5,7, 8; Heb 10:11; 1 Pet 2:5; Heb 13:15; 1 Cor 3:16; Rev 5:9,10) 
      To add to their lies, these leaders tell us that after WWII, the “disgusting thing standing in the holy place” (Matt 24:15) was set up by the Soviet Union, another king of the north, and Britain; that being, the United Nations. There is no holy place (God’s Temple /sanctuary or otherwise) in, or near the United Nations.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.

The fourth Beast of Daniel, is the enemy of the north, and is Revelation’s Wild Beast from the Sea. (Dan 7:23; Rev 13:1,2) This enemy is described as locusts/scorpions in the book of Joel and in Rev. 9. It is the “man of lawlessness” in 2 Thess 2:3,4. Today’s “Israel” is spiritual; the “northern” enemy that God’s anointed fall captive under, are “Gentiles”. The organization claims the Gentile times ended in 1914. (Luke 21:24) Even when looking through their physical lens, how do they justify this, in the light of persecution JWs suffer in certain nations? And although they are in error of the identity of today’s “disgusting thing standing in the holy place”, (which originally was the Gentile Roman army invading Jerusalem and the temple) why do they claim it is present today, if the Gentile times are over? 
      Pearl Doxsey:
      First, the power of the Gentiles over ALL CHOSEN, is a common test which all are subjected to previous to being sealed, no matter when they live.
      This is why Paul said that the "man of lawlessness" was already present in the first century (2 Thess 2:7). The "man of lawlessness" is Satan's seed, but it is Gentile (from the "sea") (not Chosen/anointed), symbolized by the Wild Beasts from the "sea" (Dan 7:3; Rev 13:1).
      The fourth Beast has ten horns (Dan 7:7; Rev 13:1).... identical to its father, Satan (Rev 12:3). 
      As such, the Wild Beast is Satan's son ("son of destruction" –2 Thess 2:3; Rev 9:11),
      heir to Satan's dominion, as we see at Rev 13:1,2,4. The Gentile "man of lawlessness" is called the "son of destruction" (2 Thess 2:3). 
      Satan is "destruction" (Rev 9:11; Isa 33:1; John 10:10). 
      This "son" consists of the Gentiles that are raised up [by means of "weeds"/harlots/false prophets/wicked steward [Rev 9:1,3; 13:11,15; 17:7; 19:20; Dan 8:24]
      …in the midst of the Holy Temple priesthood, and they trample it (Rev 11:2; 13:6; 2 Thess 2:4; Dan 11:36,38; Jer 19:4) (Dan 11:23; Rev 13:14,15; 19:20). 
      From “Gentile Times”/”Great Tribulation”/Cleansed Priesthood
      It was stated in the broadcast, that C.T. Russel, the man who predicted Armageddon’s arrival in 1914, and who proclaimed the Great Pyramid of Giza as “God’s stone witness”, is said to have discarded teachings not based on the Bible. Unbelievably, his writings were compared to the early Christians who 'concentrated on truths in God’s word'. He and his group are said to be the “messenger” of Mal 3:1 who prepared the way “before Jehovah”. Jesus had commented that the first messenger to prepare the “way”, was John the Baptist, in the spirit of Elijah. (Mal 3:1; Matt 11:10; 17:10-13) 
      The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, ‘This is the one I spoke about when I said, “He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.”’) John 1:14,15
      Why wasn’t the organization’s messenger preparing the way for the coming of God’s Son and representative, Jesus Christ?” The inspired message of “Elijah” that arrives in the last days, is to the anointed priesthood, whose “daily sacrifices” have been cut off by the “man of lawlessness”.  Through deceit, God’s anointed have allowed it to happen.  Jesus reminds them of this in Rev 3:8-13.  (Mal 3:1-6; Matt 25:1-13)     
      Dan 11:38, is another cited scripture in the broadcast – “Instead, he will honor a god of fortresses—a god his ancestors did not know—with gold, silver, precious stones, and riches.”
      What organization of “fortresses”/towers, does the full leadership admonish JWs to give respect and honor to? No, this scripture is not fulfilled by the Soviet Union, that ‘tried to eliminate religion in the lands under its control’. It is fulfilled by the “mountainlike organization” that has thrown truth to the ground by trampling God's priests and the truth held in their hearts. (Dan 8:12) Faithful JWs will not abandon the idol they believe will bring them salvation. (Jer 2:11; 1:16; Rom 1:25; Rev 13:4,15; Dan 8:24)
      The leader mentioned a few times how the enemy comes against the “land of decoration”, defining this land as the entire activity of JWs, including worship through meetings and field ministry. (Dan 8:9; 11:16; 11:41) More appropriately, the translation for these scriptures should be the “beautiful”/”glorious”/”pleasant” land – God’s “land”/”inhabited earth” – the dwelling of His Spirit and Temple built on the body of Christ. (John 14:23;2:21; 1 Cor 3:9,16; Eph 2:20-22) 
      Regarding this “man of lawlessness”/ enemy from the north, and his transgressions against God’s homeland, Dan 11:45 states:
      “He will pitch his royal tents between the seas and the beautiful holy mountain. Yet he will come to his end, and no one will help him.”
      “At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered.” Dan 12:1
      “And everyone who calls
      on the name of the Lord will be saved;
      for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
      there will be deliverance,
      as the Lord has said,
      even among the survivors
      whom the Lord calls.” Joel 2:32

"The Sign of the Son of Man"
      Two Witnesses/"Elijah" and "Moses"
      "World"/"Earth"/"Home"

• By KevinM
      This topic is open for discussion, but I was not able to make any replies in my own topic I posted last week > Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. .   OR I can’t figure out how, (I requested support and have not received any yet). 
      Still cannot reply to my comments Feb 23, 2022 8:11 Am

At Daniel 11:40, the battle between the “king of the north” (KOTN) and “the king of the south”(KOTS)  is marked by the angel’s reference to “the time of the end”.  When does this particular “time of the end” begin?  I appreciate some of the conclusions Jehovah Witnesses have made in regard the king of the north, but not all.  Traditionally, Jehovah’s Witnesses have concluded the phrase “the time of the end” at Daniel 11:40 is a reference to particular events that occur during “the last days” which culminate in the king of the north’s end.   JW’s publications( see below) comment on Daniel 11:40 and include events that occurred right after October 1914, as well as events that occurred during the second world war and those that lead up to the great tribulation.  Based on this I believe “the time of the end” referred to at Daniel 11:40 is the when the appointed times of the nation’s/gentiles ends in 1914 and marks a battle for dominance by the kings of the north and south.  It also seems to include two times of assault upon ‘Daniel’s people’ by the king of the north. (Compare Da 11:41; 11:44-12:1)  JW’s have identified ‘Daniel’s people’ as particularly the “anointed” but this seems to include the “other sheep” as well.   Please, I request that we not get into a discussion on the end of the gentile times (Oct 1914) so as to not distract from the point of this topic
      *** it-2 p. 1103 Time of the End *** / *** it-1 pp. 134-135 Appointed Times of the Nations *** / *** dp chap. 16 pp. 276-277 The Contending Kings Near Their End *** /  *** w93 11/1 pp. 19-20 The Final Victory / *** w54 12/1 p. 710 The “Time of the End” ***

The publications of JW’s already referenced, showed the assault of the bible students during WWI was as a consequence of this battle, but they did not attribute what happen during WWI to an assault by the KOTN. (Da l 11:40-43) Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the bible students initially identified Anglo America as king of the north because of persecution that began in Britain and Europe which climaxed in America in mid-1918.  Yet, because of the way Nazi Germany behaved during WWII perhaps JW’s felt Germany followed by the Soviet Union better matched the description of the king of the north rather than Anglo America.  The reality is Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union have passed off the scene of this world, being defeated by Anglo America and its ideologies. They were losers not winners.  

Really no world power is ever described in the literature of JW’s as dominating over Anglo America. They consistently describe Anglo America as dominating the world because of the way they viewed prophecy regarding that duel world power.  For example w12 6/15 pp. 16-17 Jehovah Reveals What “Must Shortly Take Place says: “the Anglo-American World Power will not be replaced by some future world power”; … the Anglo-American World Power is the one that will be dominating when the “stone” representing God’s Kingdom hits the feet of the image.  And referring to the United Nations that same article stated: “Any power it has comes from its member nations, especially from its key backer, the Anglo-American World Power. (Rev. 17:10, 11)”.  So in view of the success of Anglo America, wouldn’t it be reasonable to identify that world power as king of the north?  I have to wonder why Jehovah’s Witnesses have not already come to this conclusion.

Upon close examination Daniel 11:42, 43 may reveal how king of the north eventually conquers the king of the south, which Jehovah’s Witnesses may have failed to appreciate because of a flawed identity of the King of the North.  For example:  JW’s acknowledge that Anglo America will be the dominating world power right until the end and so conclude that the king of the south as Anglo America cannot be conquered.  Hence, they identified Nazi Germany and then the Soviet Union as the king of the north even after both of those world powers were destroyed or conquered by Anglo America while awaiting some other future political identity to fill the shoes of the king of the north. (Now I believe they view it as Russia, please correct me if I’m wrong on this)   However Daniel 11:42 seems to indicate the king of the south is conquered by the north and its precious resources become KOTN’s spoil.  For this reason it is not at all farfetched to view Anglo America as the world power who fits the description of the king of the north in Daniel 11:40-12:1

If Anglo America is the king of the north, then Daniel 11:40-43 revealed how “the land of the Decoration” (recognized by JW’s as the spiritual estate of the anointed remnant) was assaulted in a significant manner by KOTN shortly after the times of the gentile’s ends in 1914 as occurred in America during WWI.  This would mean the later part of the passage, Daniel 11:44, 45 is depicting a return by the king of the north near his end into “the land of the Decoration”.  Could this be associated with Anglo America using the UN disgusting thing to cause desolation to ‘Daniel’s people’, eventually standing that disgusting thing in a holy place associated with ‘Daniel’s people’?  (Compare Da 11:44, 45; 12:1 and Mt 24:15) There are hints in the publications of Jehovah’s Witnesses toward this conclusion.

w15 5/15 p. 29 par. 4-p. 30 par. 1 Questions From Readers associated the “king of the north” with a future assault on God’s people by “Gog of Magog” (Ezekiel chapter 38) and the ‘ten kings’ of Revelation chapter 17, indicating the likelihood the king of the north will be leading a coalition of nations against Gods people.  Compare this to what was already quoted above in the w12 6/15 pp. 16-17 Jehovah Reveals What “Must Shortly Take Place, there Anglo America is depicted as the key backer of the UN and is viewed as the dominant world power.  Consider too, as the following reference from re chap. 28 pp. 187-188 pars. 5-6 Contending With Two Ferocious Beasts points out; According to Jehovah’s witnesses Anglo America is identified in prophecy as the 7th head of the wild beast because it ‘takes the lead in oppressing God’s people’.  These leave obvious clues that identify Anglo America as the king of the north

The direction of the KOTN and Anglo America toward the Decoration is very similar

There is something else that is very telling and indicated that Anglo America is the king of the north. It has to do with the direction of ‘the small horn that grows very great’ and the direction of the King of the North.  (Da 8:9-25; Da 11:40-12:1) The prophecy in Daniel chapter 8 about a “horn, a small one, that grew very great toward the south and toward the east and toward the Decoration” has been identified as Anglo America in JW’s publications. (Da 8:9)   To verify this see dp chap. 10 p. 173 par. 18 Who Can Stand Against the Prince of Princes?   There it said: “The small horn that became a fierce political power in the “time of the end,” then, is the Anglo-American World Power.”  Note according to Daniel 8:9-25 Anglo America is advancing from the north and from the west toward the south and east and toward the symbolic “Decoration”. 

Now compare the above to Daniel 11:40-12:1 and note the direction of the king of the north.  Like Anglo America, the king of the north too is coming from the north traveling south into “the land of the Decoration”.  Notice that after initially entering the land of Decoration the king of the north continues moving southwest out of Israel toward Egypt (the traditional land of the king of the south), and appears to conquer the King of the south, gaining control of all its precious resources.   Later, after conquering Egypt “reports out of the east and out of the north will disturb him” and by driving his army northeast out of Egypt, he returns and enters the land of decoration a second time to “plant his royal tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration”. (Da 11:44, 45)  When he returns to the land of the decoration he camps his army directly west of Jerusalem, with the intention of heading directly east into Jerusalem to conquer the city.

Daniel’s prophecy shows “the king of the north” and the ‘small horn that grows very great’ (Anglo America) advance in a similar general direction.  They are advancing from the north and west traveling south and east toward the “Decoration” or temple.  Does this not show the KOTN and Anglo America represent a dominating Western World power?  The underlying reason why JW’s may have failed to comprehend how the king of the north is pictured as conquering the king of the south in Daniel 11:42-43 is because they mistakenly viewed Anglo America as the king of the south even though they admit the bible does not depict Anglo America as being conquered and supplanted by another world power.  However if the king of the south is eventually subdued and conquered that can only leave Anglo America to be identified as the KOTN.  This seems like a relatively simple conclusion to reach.  

If Jehovah Witnesses continue to advocate that these prophecies of Daniel depict Anglo America as king of the south in a battle with the king of the north (which they identified as Germany and then the Soviet Union and now perhaps Russian) to conquer the other and the land of the Decoration, that argument is not sufficient enough to explain why both Anglo America and the king of the north are pictured in scripture as coming from the same general direction, from the north, driving there military south and east toward the Decoration.  Nor would it explain how the king of the north is pictured as eventually being victorious over the south and ruling over the treasures of Egypt.  More importantly, if they continue to view Anglo America as king of the south, the description at Daniel 11:40-45 would indicate another world power gains dominance over the world and “takes the lead in oppressing God’s people” which would be out of harmony with what they have already said concerning Anglo America’s domination as the seventh world power, as shown in the references quoted earlier.

The question is:  When the king of the north returns to Israel to “plant his royal tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration” does this part of the prophecy depict the time when the UN disgusting thing causes desolation  to “a holy place” associated with ‘Daniel’s people’? (Da 11:45: 12:1)  This is very plausible.  We can see many similarities when we compare the king of the north’s actions in Daniel 11:44, 45 when “he will go out in a great rage to annihilate and to devote many to destruction. And he will plant his royal tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration” to what scripture reveals in Daniel 8:23-25 about Anglo America’s aggression against the holy ones in the “final part of their kingdom” when as “a fierce looking king” he “will stand up” and “bring mighty ones to ruin, also the people made up of the holy ones” and “he will even standing up against the Prince of princes.”   After a close examination of the language Daniel 11:44-12:1 and Daniel 8:9-25, it appears that both are speaking about the same thing, complimenting each other and providing greater insight into what leads up to “the standing in a holy place”?  (Mt 24:15)
    • By Witness
      The person who made this short quip was never a JW, although he is able to perceive the contradiction of teachings by the governing body.  
      Can you perceive the confusion?  (meaning of "Babylon")

• By Jack Ryan
      According to the latest:

• By Micael Frost
      How does the ban on JW in Russia fit into our current belief? Since many years WT have explained that the attack on Jehovahs people should occur AFTER 1. Proclamation of Peace and Security and     2. The fall of Babylon the Great.
      Also in WT 2015 (May 15 p. 29-30) it says that "it seems to be in harmony with ...(Ezek 38: 6,15)...that this coalition will be led by the figurative “king of the north” (text sequence edited by me) .
      Can we expect new light on this or does someone now a different explanation?