The World News Media

Was Jesus Anointed at His baptism ?

20 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Did Jesus ask 'us' to pray for it, or did Jesus ask his Apostles (and maybe the rest of the Anointed) to pray for it ? 

He asked all his followers to pray for it. 

20 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Jesus told His disciples/apostles that ALL authority HAD been given to Him after His resurrection. That was before He returned to heaven.

Yes, of course, my bad. I should have been more specific; he had been faithful until death, and that is what qualified him to receive all authority as king. Just like when the anointed die faithful, when they are resurrected they receive the crown of life. 

• Views 2.9k
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As soon as I saw this on the 21st, I wrote a response that disappeared just as I was about to "Submit Reply." I figured that it was probably a bad sign that my computer touchpad was jumping the cursor

All faithful, obedient believers in Christ who desire to know truth are led by the Holy Spirit, and most definitely Jesus had God’s Spirit guiding him since his birth.  But, the pouring out and being

but it still qualifies me to be premier spokesperson for those who don’t like Jehovah’s Witnesses.

13 hours ago, Anna said:

Just like when the anointed die faithful, when they are resurrected they receive the crown of life. 

Yes, another wonderful point to debate. Does the W/t teach, that those dead anointed ones, have already been resurrected to heaven ?  Does the scriptures teach, that they (the dead anointed) are all resurrected at the same time as the remaining ones are lifted from the earth to heaven ? 

5 hours ago, Kick_Faceinator said:

The gentile times are 42 months and happen in the lords day, not 2520 years prior.

“By inspiration I came to be in the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a strong voice like that of a trumpet” Revelation 1:10

That’s when John saw Jerusalem being trampled for a symbolic 42 months:

“But as for the courtyard that is outside the temple sanctuary, leave it out and do not measure it, because it has been given to the nations, and they will trample the holy city [the anointed] underfoot for 42 months” Revelation 11:2

The apostles asked when will these things actually be: “Then they questioned him, saying: “Teacher, when will these things actually be [future tense], and what will be the sign when these things are to occur?” Luke 21:7

Jesus was informing his apostles that all these things will happen during the Lords day/Jesus presence/parousia. 

One of the signs of Jesus presence is that Jerusalem/the anointed are being trampled…

“They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be [future tense] trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled [gentile times are 42 months].” Luke 21:24. This is harmonious with Revelation 11:2.

If you noticed I stated "noted" and "equates to" meaning in the theology itself, the source shows a connection between Jesus as King, The situation with Daniel's vision and the years noted, and of course, 1914.

That being said, my remark towards Anna relates to what was brought up on CSE a while back:

If I am not mistake there were others who drew a similar conclusion regarding the year itself.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:40 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

This excellent explanation give so strong and irrefragable argument against GB unreasonable ideas of how people today cannot be inspired by HS. GB’s silly replacement of the thesis that they are “guided” by the spirit is nothing more than an attempt to justify every nonsense they teach people while remaining in positions of power and authority, they and their elders. I believe that for HS there is no obstacle to “filling the heart” of every individual to whom the Father shows love, whether he/she belongs to a "large or a small flock".

Although the anointed priests have a specific work cut out for them, (John 13:20; 1 Pet 2:5,9; Mal 2:7; Eph 4:4-13) which is to aid all in the Kingdom with life-giving truth from the Father and Jesus, (Rev 22:2,17)  Jesus promised that all faithful believers will “know the truth”.  John 8:32  That is only possible through the blessing of Holy Spirit.

“If you love me, keep my commandments. 16 I will ask the Father to give you another Helper, to be with you always. 17 He is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor recognizes him. But you recognize him, because he lives with you and will be inyou.”  John 14:15-17.

The Holy Spirit doesn’t reside anywhere else, but in one’s heart, which means stating that the Holy Spirit as responsible for the “spirit-directed organization” is a fallacy, and rather, identifies an idol.  Who is guiding who?  Is this spirit-directed organization guiding the GB; or did the GB, “filled” with an evil spirit, “breathe” life into its idol?  Rev 13:11,12,15

When Jesus spoke of those in the world who cannot receive truth, he was meaning the “world” of his people, who rejected him and his teachings. 

How many teachings of Christ can we name, that have been rejected or twisted  by the Wt’s. leadership?  

Where do we begin.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.