The World News Media

My Sister Won’t Accept My Same-Sex Partner. What Should I Do?

Patiently waiting for Truth

Patiently waiting for Truth

Roman

1:24  That is why God abandoned them in their inmost cravings to filthy practices of dishonouring their own bodies-

1:25  because they exchanged God's truth for a lie and have worshipped and served the creature instead of the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

1:26  That is why God abandoned them to degrading passions:

1:27  why their women have exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural practices; and the men, in a similar fashion, too, giving up normal relations with women, are consumed with passion for each other, men doing shameful things with men and receiving in themselves due reward for their perversion.

1:28  In other words, since they would not consent to acknowledge God, God abandoned them to their unacceptable thoughts and indecent behaviour.

1:29  And so now they are steeped in all sorts of injustice, rottenness, greed and malice; full of envy, murder, wrangling, treachery and spite,

1:30  libellers, slanderers, enemies of God, rude, arrogant and boastful, enterprising in evil, rebellious to parents,

1:31  without brains, honour, love or pity.

1:32  They are well aware of God's ordinance: that those who behave like this deserve to die -- yet they not only do it, but even applaud others who do the same.

—————————

1 Corinthiens 

6:9  Do you not realise that people who do evil will never inherit the kingdom of God? Make no mistake -- the sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, the self-indulgent, sodomites,

6:10  thieves, misers, drunkards, slanderers and swindlers, none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.

6:11  Some of you used to be of that kind: but you have been washed clean, you have been sanctified, and you have been justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and through the Spirit of our God.

==================

«But you have been washed clean, you have been sanctified,…»

Can you be washed while "practicing" sin?

Don't distort the word of God.

• Views 3.7k
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Patiently waiting for Truth Roman 1:24  That is why God abandoned them in their inmost cravings to filthy practices of dishonouring their own bodies- 1:25  because they exchanged God's tru

Patiently waiting for Truth What does the Creator think of those who "practice" homosexuality? (Just to see "if" you know) Best regard !

Oh ! you of little faith. What is your aim with this question ?  You speak like a Pharisee...........  I've already made it known in the topic above.  We know it's wrong because we believe God's

Posted Images

On 8/11/2021 at 9:26 AM, Alzasior Lutor said:

Don't distort the word of God.

Wow. It seems that you think that God or Christ have given you authority to judge me.

You and Space Merchant seem to be of the same personality. You both seem to enjoy twisting topics just to get attention for yourselves. You both seem to demand that I answer your questions. But you are both just like the Pharisees. Your questions are not genuine. Your questions are aimed at belittling people. 

HERE ARE THE FACTS : - 

THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT HOW DIFFERENT JW MEMBERS OF THE SAME FAMILY, DEALT WITH AN EX-JW DAUGHTER THAT WAS LIVING WITH ANOTHER WOMAN. SO THE EX-JW DAUGHTER WAS LIVING A LIFE OF HOMOSEXUALITY. BUT HER PARENTS DIDN'T SHUN HER. 

THIS TOPIC IS NOT ABOUT GOD'S VIEWPOINT AS SUCH, BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT GOD HATES THE ACT OF HOMOSEXUALITY.  SO THAT DOES NOT NEED MAKING CLEAR TO US AS WE ALL KNOW IT ALREADY.

However my point still stands. How do you as individuals treat homosexuals ? 

Also there seems to be the point that even though that daughter is an EX-JW her parents have not shunned her. 

Whereas some on here seem to think they have the authority to condemn people to death. Running ahead of God and Christ. Which of you think you have the right to do this ? 

I think Homos should have the exact same civil rights under the law as everybody else does, but no more, and ignore them if they do not try to advocate their lifestyle to me. If they do, I start talking about HIV, and what Rock Hudson looked like before he died.

Talking to them about God is a complete waste of time.

If I had a Homo relative, I would have “normal” discussions if they initiated it, but not discuss anything of a Theocratic nature.

I have a natural advantage, as I snarl, easily. 

2 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

How do you as individuals treat homosexuals ? 

That’s an excellent question. I like the parable of the Good Samaritan. When in doubt I believe it sets the best example that Jesus gave. Just replace man lying half dead on the street with gay person (Luke 10:25-37). Out of the priest and the Levite who shunned their neighbor, the Samaritan was the only one Jesus commended that didn’t shun his neighbor lying half dead on the street. He had mercy on the man, cared for him. Jesus never went onto say whether the beaten man was gay or straight, it didn’t matter, the Samaritan not only helped the injured man, he showed love for him regardless. That is the one who Jesus Christ said will inherit eternal life.

25 “On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?

27 “He answered, “’Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 “But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?” Luke 10:25-29

We all have gay neighbors.

“For the entire Law has been fulfilled in one commandment, namely: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:14

If we wish to inherit eternal life, we must love them.

Anything else and we would fulfill the prophecy of having no natural affection, shunning (2 Timothy 3:3). 

13 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Talking to them about God is a complete waste of time.

This is your own judgement against them. So it seems that you no longer see them as people but just one specific group who would be a 'complete waste of time'. 

It's good that Jesus and the disciples did not view people in that way. 

I Corinthians 6 : 9 

'Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10  thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom. 11  And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean; you have been sanctified; you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God'

That is what some of them were. So how and why did they change ? If they had been treated as being a waste of time, then they would not have learnt about God and Christ, and they would not have changed. 

3 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

his is your own judgement against them. So it seems that you no longer see them as people but just one specific group who would be a 'complete waste of time'. 

@Pudgy is right here, this is more evident to the Left-Wing comments on the NYTs article and what it is under. Talking about God and Scripture is a waste of time, and this is obvious due to the fact Desmond is Amazing exist, and or the fact that we have the fact that people are in some instances are okay with exposing themselves to children, thus stemming from that community.

As for the point. No one hates the person, but their conduct is the problem, the reason why the family reacted the way they did through various interactions. More so, acting out on said conduct, which in turn can have a negative effect on a child, who could easily end up as another Desmond. This is why I told you in the other thread, it matters to know what is taking place in the world besides what the real enemy is preaching. @Pudgy has most likely been in the trenches, just as I have and @Alzasior Lutor, hence the reason for out responses.

That being said, it is going to get more difficult for anyone who professes the Bible unless they are of the Interfaith, who accepts homosexuality and Spiritualism 100%. As I said, to a degree, Philosophy with Christianity does not mix well together. Especially Coherentism, which is philosophical epistemology.

Also

6 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

You and Space Merchant seem to be of the same personality. You both seem to enjoy twisting topics just to get attention for yourselves.

You are talking to someone who has dealt with Leftist for years now, granted they are a tool in what is to come pertaining to the Beast. Anything pertaining to the Left is to push acceptance. There is no disdain for the person, but the conduct itself.

I do not twist topics, and I would rather die on my knees than not see how the NYT operate.

The article is there 100% to read. Although it is the story of this person, but you ignore the fact the Leftist drive articles to push for acceptance. Granted you are in the UK, you have no idea how Leftism act, let alone, what they do to get people on their side.

23 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

The difference between a child’s mind, and an adult’s mind is that an adult makes reasonable, practical judgements. 

This is why children in the US and the UK are literally exposed to the philosophy and teachings stemming from that practice. In fact, they are as exposed as a solider standing in front of a battalion of the enemy in an open field. This is why people have a problem with the Higher Education system and everything connecting to it.

@Kick_FaceinatorThere was still some interaction between the family and it is obvious of where the mindset is, a Western mindset since the was a Philosophy coined. More so there was a limitation (limited). As pointed out, depending on the person(s), their reaction differs, and granted the every story is Left Leaning, hence NYT, anyone who shows some ill reaction and or not approving of for same sex relationship is automatically branded as homophobic, regardless of religious standing. More so, it lies in the acceptance of the conduct or not - which is clear because the family in question does not accept same sex relationships, thus them being uncomfortable and act in this manner is evident. This is the same case with some of the Bi and Pansexual stories pushed by the Left, granted all their articles concerning the LGBTQ community is to emphasis and push more and more people to accept the person's conduct.

5 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

However my point still stands. How do you as individuals treat homosexuals ? 

Also there seems to be the point that even though that daughter is an EX-JW her parents have not shunned her. 

Whereas some on here seem to think they have the authority to condemn people to death. Running ahead of God and Christ. Which of you think you have the right to do this ? 

[1] Christians are to dislike the conduct of the person, mainly concerning same sex marriage. Not only they avoid the conduct, they tend to avoid anything pertaining to it, i.e. going to a Gay party, parade, Pride Day, etc. Some even refused service, as we can remember the Christian Bakery story. As for the Non-Religious, they do the same. The Leftist view is that you have to like the person AND the conduct, not one or the other, hence the usage the term homophobic. If the person is a homosexual, so be it, for he will have to answer to that, but the conduct is problematic.

[2] You mentioned shunning originally. If you read the story, you'd realize that in regards to same sex marriage, mainly in a Bible strict household, the reaction various for some, in this case, shock, disbelief, anger and strife, on topic of that, Western culture seems to be what thrives in the Household. The person in question chose to limit contact because she was aware of how same sex marriage does not sit well with the family.

[3] Who has condemn people to death? Because we see same sex marriage as something not holy? Or perhaps we don't like the conduct? Again, the person is not the issue, the conduct is - you ignored this several times. Something @Pudgy and @Alzasior Lutor attested to, as have I.

• To not accept two men/women marrying each other is not running ahead of God.
  • To not accept the conduct, is not running ahead of God and Christ.

Also

6 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Which of you think you have the right to do this ?

Right as to what exactly? I see in Scripture we are to respect our neighbor, which we can credit @Kick_Faceinatorfor citing, however, as for conduct - we don't.

After all, if I remember you cited Roman 12:9, which is a call back to my response to you about homosexuality. Cling to what is good, for we not in position to do so?

@Alzasior Lutor Il ne répondra pas à la question, mais je le ferai, et je serai bref, et "Attente patiemment la vérité" ne répondra évidemment pas parce qu'il affiche ce que la Leftist dit. Il y a des homosexuels dans la société d'aujourd'hui, que ce soit en Amérique, comme cette histoire, et dans les pays européens, en Asie, etc. Ensuite, vous avez ceux de la foule adhérant à la conduite de l'homosexualité, un homme ayant des relations sexuelles avec un autre homme, ou un femme à une autre femme, plus encore, même épouser un ou plusieurs partenaires du même sexe. La conduite est tellement ouverte, qu'elle est enseignée aux enfants, ils sont influencés par les médias, les dessins animés, même le système d'enseignement supérieur.

Dans la Bible, il nous dit ce qu'est le mariage, entre un homme et une femme, Un homme quittera son père et sa mère et il doit s'en tenir à sa femme et ils doivent devenir une seule chair. (Genèse 2:24), dans le Nouveau Testament, il est écrit, car Jésus a confirmé que ceux qui sont liés par le mariage devraient être un homme et une femme. (Matthieu 19 :4). La majorité des chrétiens le savent, même votre foi des Témoins de Jéhovah le sait. Le Nouveau Testament continue en mettant l'accent sur le fait que pourquoi l'homosexualité est mauvaise.

Maintenant, aujourd'hui, nous devons aimer tous nos voisins, et c'est ce que nous devons faire, mais comme indiqué, la conduite est mauvaise et nous ne devrions pas être impliqués dans une conduite comme les autres, qui l'acceptent ouvertement. Dans l'état d'esprit des gens aujourd'hui, même NYT, ils veulent que les gens aiment non seulement la personne, mais la conduite elle-même, c'est pourquoi quand il s'agit d'histoires de la communauté LGBTQ, cela est souvent poussé, nous pouvons le voir dans l'histoire .

Cela étant dit, la position de la Bible est raisonnable et correcte, avec tous les hommes. Il ordonne simplement à ceux qui ont des pulsions homosexuelles de faire la même chose qui est requise concernant la fornication (1 Corinthiens 6:18). Les hétérosexuels qui apprennent à connaître Dieu et sa Parole, se conforment aux normes de la Bible employées appliquent la maîtrise de soi face aux tentations, et en résistant et en se contrôlant, ils font tout ce qu'ils peuvent pour plaire à Dieu, et abandonnent bientôt tout ce qui est mauvais.

J'ai répondu pour lui parce qu'il allait faire une tangente dans l'espoir de vous ralentir.

Cela étant dit, tout ce qui concerne la conduite de l'homosexualité est considéré comme négatif par beaucoup de gens, pour vous les Témoins de Jéhovah, pour nous, et même pour les gens qui ne connaissent pas vraiment Dieu. La Left (Leftist/Left-Wing) est l'opposé de la Right (Conservative Right/Right-Wing) conservatrice. Concernant l'homosexualité, un seul côté, la droite, ne déteste pas la personne, juste sa conduite - c'est le cas de ces mentalités politiques aux États-Unis et dans l'UE, qui est majoritaire.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.