1. Srecko Sostar

Srecko Sostar

post from
  2. Srecko Sostar

Srecko Sostar

post from
  • Similar Content

• By BroRando
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.

Jesus said to him: “Why do you call Me good? Nobody is good except one, God.” (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) "Father, if you want to, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, let, not my will, but yours take place." (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. )

Question: He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. )

What was Peter's Answer? “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) Peter identifies Jesus as “the Christ” (Greek, ho Khri·stosʹ), a title equivalent to “the Messiah” (from Hebrew ma·shiʹach), both meaning “Anointed One.” Here “Christ” is preceded by the Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  in Greek, evidently as a way of emphasizing Jesus’ office as the Messiah.—See Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. .

The Apostle Paul also gives witness about the Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  . "For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve," (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. )

"Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) Why not study the following Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ? Once the Son of Man set's you free, you really are Free! (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. )

• By Pudgy
      JW Core Beliefs .... As Applied
      I carefully read Anna's list of JW core beliefs, and responded "Amen", although about some I have been thinking about all the extenuating circumstances that might affect the absoluteness of some of them.
      For Example, in U.S. Law there are many things that are felonies, but State Supreme Courts have ruled that although these felonies are lawfully prosecuted, the individual specifics make them AS APPLIED to certain cases make the application of those laws un-Constitutional, either by State, or Federal Constitutions.
      In other words, the specific circumstances of the crime determines whether or not those laws can be applied against a specific person, in a specific set of circumstances.
      ...... Lets suppose a family of five, where all the family members are Jehovah's Witnesses, and the mother has tired of taking care of her three young children, puts them in a car, and deliberately drives that car into a lake, and drowns them. 
      It's first-degree premeditated murder.
      She is convicted in a court of law, and is sentenced to three life sentences with no possibility of parole.
      QUESTION # 1 :     Is the husband, whose three children were murdered by his wife, expected to live his life alone, and never re-marry?
      QUESTION #2:      If he does, say after a dozen years, remarry, will he be disfellowshipped?

• By Patiently waiting for Truth
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. How Is Jesus’ Sacrifice “a Ransom for Many”?
      Payment. The Bible says that Christians were “bought with a price.” (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) That price is the blood of Jesus, with which he “bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation.”—Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. .  Can we please take a look at this little quote from a JW Org page. Link is above for reference. 
      It looks all good doesn't it ? But is it in fact deceiving ? It's the bit that I've highlighted in RED. 
      It's a part quote from a scripture, AND, it is where I say that JW Org misuses scripture. 
      Lets look at the Revelation scripture Ch 5 v 8, 9  BUT also include verse 10. 
      When he took the scroll, the four living creatures and the 24 elders
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  fell down before the Lamb, and each one had a harp and golden bowls that were full of incense. (The incense means the prayers of the holy ones.)Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10  and you made them to be a kingdomHello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  and priests to our God,Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  and they are to rule as kings over the earth.” In the top sentence ( marked as 1. Payment ) the GB / Writing department of CCJW / Watchtower make it look as if the Revelation scripture referenced is talking about ALL Christians. BUT, if we look at verse 10, we can see that it is talking only about the Anointed. How ? Because it says those ones are to rule as kings over the earth.” 
      So, Jesus was slaughtered and with his blood he bought Anointed Ones from every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
      Do people fully understand this ?
      These ones eat the flesh and drink the blood of Christ.  John 6 v 53 - 56.
       So Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54  Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day; 55  for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. 56  Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.
      When Anointed ones are resurrected to heavenly life they have no further testing, because they have eaten the flesh and drank the blood of Christ and they are in union with Him. 
      Whereas, the Earthly class do not eat and drink those things, so the ransom has not yet paid the price for them. Therefore the Earthly Class will get a testing at the end of the Thousand Years. Only on passing that test will the ransom of Christ pay the price for them and then they will 'come to life'. 
      I feel these are not my words, but God's. I have never thought of myself as inspired but if i can be of use to God through Christ, then may that take place according to God's will. 

• By The Librarian
      The Holy Bible > List of Biblical Persons > Jesus Christ

Jesus (/ˈdʒiːzəs/; Greek: Ἰησοῦς Iesous; 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. . (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) to 33 C.E.), also referred to as Jesus of Nazareth, is the Son of Jehovah God and the awaited Messiah of the Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. .The name Jesus (Gr., I·e·sous′) corresponds to the Hebrew name Jeshua (or, in fuller form, Jehoshua), meaning “Jehovah Is Salvation.” The name itself was not unusual, many men being so named in that period. He is also referred to as Jesus Christ, from the Greek Khri·stos′, the equivalent of the Hebrew Ma·shi′ach(Messiah), and means “Anointed One.” Our Modern day, most widely used Gregorian calendar uses the terms B.C. (Before Christ) and A.D. (Anno Domini = Year of our Lord in Latin) basing our current year of 2014 as the year since his supposed birth according to a medieval estimate.

The person who became known as Jesus Christ did not begin life here on earth. In heaven he was known as Michael the Archangel. He himself spoke of his prehuman heavenly life. (Joh 3:13; 6:38, 62; 8:23, 42, 58) John 1:1, 2 gives the heavenly name of the one who became Jesus, saying: “In the beginning the Word [Gr., Lo′gos] was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god [“was divine,” AT; Mo; or “of divine being,”Böhmer; Stage (both German)]. This one was in the beginning with God.” Since Jehovah is eternal and had no beginning (Ps 90:2; Re 15:3), the Word’s being with God from “the beginning” must here refer to the beginning of Jehovah’s creative works. This is confirmed by other texts identifying Jesus as “the firstborn of all creation,” “the beginning of the creation by God.” (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) Thus the Scriptures identify the Word (Jesus in his prehuman existence) as God’s first creation, His firstborn Son. This is direct opposition to the popular and later teaching of the Trinity by the Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. .

That Jehovah was truly the Father or Life-Giver to this firstborn Son and, hence, that this Son was actually a creature of God is evident from Jesus’ own statements. He pointed to God as the Source of his life, saying, “I live because of the Father.” According to the context, this meant that his life resulted from or was caused by his Father, even as the gaining of life by dying men would result from their faith in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.—Joh 6:56, 57.

Logically, it was to this firstborn Son that Jehovah said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness.” (Ge 1:26) All these other created things were not only created “through him” but also “for him,” as God’s Firstborn and the “heir of all things.”—Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; Heb 1:2.

Jesus began his life billions of years before the first human ever existed (Compare Mic 5:2.) and was used by his father in the creation of all of the universe (Joh 1:3; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) and the other angels and spirit creatures in heaven (Da 7:9, 10; Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ),

Jesus was conceived by Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  being transferred from his heavenly life as Michael the Archangel into the womb of a virgin named Mary who was engaged to Joseph. He was born in Bethlehem as a human baby Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. . A Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  guiding astrologers to pay tribute to him.
      He was later raised in Nazareth where Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. .  

See also:
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.   Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  
      The Memorial of the Death of Jesus Christ
    • By BroRando
      The Memorial of Christ is not the Last Supper that the world continues to celebrate. The Last Supper can also be rendered the Last Passover Meal. The Jewish Day began at Sunset.  Since the Sun sets at various times, the Passover Supper would begin after the Sun disappeared from the Horizon with darkness setting in. The Last Passover Meal was Nisan 14th, 33 CE with the abolishment of the Old Covenant.
      When evening came, he was reclining at the table with the 12 disciples. ?While they were eating, he said: “Truly I say to you, one of you will betray me.” (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. )   The event that concluded the Last Passover Meal was the dismissal of an unfaithful apostle.  Jesus answered: “It is the one to whom I will give the piece of bread that I dip.” So after dipping the bread, he took it and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. ?After Judas took the piece of bread, then Satan entered into him. So Jesus said to him: “What you are doing, do it more quickly.”  (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. )  “So after he received the piece of bread, he went out immediately. And it was night.” (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) After dismissing the betrayer from the midst of the Faithful Disciples, Jesus instituted a new teaching for His Faithful Followers.  Notice, the whole world wasn’t invited, but those who proved to be faithful and trustworthy up to this point.  Since the founding of the Christian Congregation on Pentecost 33 CE, Christians have been commemorating the death of Jesus Christ every Nisan 14th.  With one simple command,  his faithful sheep “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) Please join us for the annual observance of the death of Jesus Christ. This year it will be held on Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. .   Search for your 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. .  
    • By The Librarian
      *** it-2 p. 385 Messenger ***
      “Messenger of the Covenant.” In fulfillment of Malachi 3:1, John the Baptizer appeared as the messenger who prepared the way before Jehovah by getting the Jews ready for the coming of God’s chief representative, Jesus Christ.—Mt 11:10, 11; Mr 1:1-4; Lu 7:27, 28.

As the foretold “messenger of the covenant,” Jesus Christ came to the temple and cleansed it. (Mt 21:12, 13; Mr 11:15-17; Lu 19:45, 46)
      He evidently was the messenger of the Abrahamic covenant, for it was on the basis of this covenant that the Jews were the first ones to be granted the opportunity to become Kingdom heirs. This was the covenant to which Peter appealed when calling upon the Jews to repent. It is also noteworthy that John the Baptizer’s father, Zechariah, referred to the Abrahamic covenant in connection with Jehovah’s raising up ‘a horn of salvation in the house of David,’ this horn being the Messiah.—Compare Mt 10:5-7; 15:24; 21:31; Lu 1:69- 75; Ac 3:12, 19-26.
      -----------------------------
      I also remember the antitypical "messenger" Charles Taze Russell who opened up the way by preparing the slave class for the work ahead.
      I will need to look up some older references. I think I remember something about Elijah and Elisha as well but memory is failing me at the moment.
       @JW Insider 
    • By Raquel Segovia
      JW.ORG

La respuesta que da la Biblia
      Un ángel es una criatura con capacidades y poderes sobrehumanos (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Los ángeles habitan en un nivel de existencia más elevado que el universo físico, una región espiritual que la Biblia llama cielo (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Por eso, en algunas ocasiones también se les llama espíritus (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). ¿De dónde vinieron los ángeles?
      Dios creó a los ángeles. Para ello usó a Jesús, “el primogénito de toda la creación”. La Biblia explica así el papel que cumplió Jesús en este proceso: “Por medio de él [de Jesús] todas las otras cosas fueron creadas en los cielos y sobre la tierra, las cosas visibles y las cosas invisibles”, incluidos los ángeles (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Ellos no se casan ni se reproducen; todos son “hijos del Dios verdadero” (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Cada uno fue creado de forma individual. La creación de los ángeles tuvo lugar hace muchísimos años, antes de que existiera nuestro planeta. Cuando Dios hizo la Tierra, los ángeles “empezaron a gritar en aplauso” (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). ¿Cuántos ángeles hay?
      La Biblia no dice cuántos son exactamente, pero sí muestra que hay una gran cantidad de ellos. Por ejemplo, el apóstol Juan recibió una visión en la que aparecían centenares de millones de ángeles (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. , nota). ¿Tienen nombre propio y personalidades diferentes?
      Sí. La Biblia menciona el nombre de dos ángeles: Miguel y Gabriel (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  Otros ángeles reconocieron que tenían un nombre, pero no lo quisieron revelar (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Cada ángel tiene su propia personalidad y puede pensar por sí mismo. Además, los ángeles se pueden comunicar entre ellos y alabar a Jehová (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). También pueden elegir si harán el bien o el mal, como se vio cuando algunos de ellos decidieron pecar y unirse a la rebelión de Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  contra Dios (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). ¿Hay ángeles con mayor autoridad que otros?
      Sí. El ángel con más poder y autoridad es 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Los serafines son ángeles de alto rango que ocupan puestos alrededor del trono de Jehová (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Otros ángeles que disfrutan de una posición elevada son los querubines, quienes se encargan de tareas especiales. Por ejemplo, fueron querubines los que vigilaron la entrada al jardín de Edén cuando Dios expulsó de allí a Adán y Eva (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ).
      Pueden ayudarnos?
      Sí. Dios utiliza a sus ángeles para ayudar a la gente. Veamos cómo:
      Dios se vale de los ángeles para dirigir a sus siervos humanos en la predicación de las buenas noticias de su 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Tanto los que predican como los que escuchan esas noticias se benefician de esta dirección (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Los ángeles ayudan a mantener a la congregación cristiana libre de la influencia de personas malvadas (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Los ángeles guían y protegen a las personas que son leales a Dios (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Los ángeles pronto lucharán junto con Jesús para librar a la humanidad de la maldad y el sufrimiento (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). ¿Tenemos todos un ángel de la guarda?
      Los ángeles velan por el bienestar espiritual de los siervos de Dios, pero eso no quiere decir necesariamente que Dios le asigne un ángel a cada cristiano para que lo guarde o lo defienda (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  Los ángeles no libran a los siervos de Dios de todo problema y tentación. La Biblia enseña que en muchos casos Dios “dispondrá la salida” concediendo a la persona sabiduría y fuerzas para aguantar (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Conceptos erróneos sobre los ángeles
      Lo que algunos creen: Todos los ángeles son buenos.
      La verdad: La Biblia habla de “fuerzas espirituales inicuas” y de “ángeles que pecaron” (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Estos son Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. , los ángeles malvados que se rebelaron contra Dios al ponerse del lado de Satanás. Lo que algunos creen: Los ángeles son inmortales.
      La verdad: Los ángeles malvados, incluido el Diablo, serán aniquilados (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Lo que algunos creen: Cuando alguien muere, se convierte en un ángel.
      La verdad: Los ángeles no son 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. . Son otro tipo de criaturas (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Quienes Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  reciben el don divino de la inmortalidad (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Además, ocuparán un puesto superior a los ángeles (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Lo que algunos creen: Los ángeles fueron creados para servir a los humanos.
      La verdad: Los ángeles siguen las instrucciones de Dios, no las nuestras (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). El propio Jesús sabía que debía pedir ayuda a Dios y no a los ángeles (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Lo que algunos creen: Podemos rezar a los ángeles.
      La verdad: Orar es una forma de adoración, y solo debemos adorar a Dios (
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ). Cuando Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. , debemos dirigirnos a Dios mediante Jesús (Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ).

• By BroRando
      How would you answer this question? Are there any scriptures that point to Jesus Christ being the Angel of God's Presence?
    • By Anna
      Maybe this is not completely relevant to the discussion, but has anyone noticed in today's WT study (WT January2017 ) the illustration of Jesus on the stake, with the nails going through his wrists rather than through the palm of his hands? I haven't noticed this before, perhaps we have always drawn it this way and I just didn't pay enough attention. I remember reading somewhere some technicalities about the actual physical possibilities or impossibilities, and one argument was that the victim could not be nailed to a stake through the hands as the weight of the body would rip through the palms (sorry, this is so morbid) and the only way it could be through the palms is if the downward weight was distributed with the arms tied to a cross beam and the then the palms nailed (I guess for added anguish). In any case, when Thomas needed confirmation of Jesus' resurrection he said at John 20:25 .....“Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will never believe it.” Is this a case of a broad usage for "hand"? And could it mean anything from the fingers to the wrists, including the wrists? In some languages the translation of hand can be a little confusing because it can also mean the whole arm in another language. Only the context can give a clue as to what is meant, whether it is a hand, and arm, the forearm or the whole arm including the hand...This also got me to thinking about the translation of stauros, could that also encompass  not just a vertical beam but some horizontal beams?
    • Guest Nicole
    • By The Librarian
      The Farmville herald. (Farmville, Va.), 19 Aug. 1910. Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers. Lib. of Congress. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  Part of a series on:

• By Jesus.defender
      If the NWT is correct in saying that Jesus is Michael the Archangel, then why would God command the angels to worship a fellow created angel (in Hebrews 1:6)? 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.