The World News Media

FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE TIMELINE

Witness

Contributed by a poster on reddit:

"Who really is the Faithful and Discrete Slave? (Surely he himself must know)"

Let's find out... (Specific Watchtower publication references available on request)

These are all directly from WT articles over the decades. Date is year published.

1881 Russell states the Faithful slave is a collective servant made up of the anointed

1917 Former associate Mr Barbour of Rochester became the Evil Slave. The Evil slave is not a class but a single person, Mr Barbour

1917 Charles Taze Russell took the place of Mr Barbour fulfilling prophecy and became the Faithful slave

1917 Russell claims he is a prophet faithfully sounding forth a trumpet message

(from this point forward, the slave has been appointed so must know him/themselves who they are, when they were appointed and what they should be doing)

1922 Russell has fulfilled by prophecy by physical facts

1925 Russell is doing the Lord's work

1925 Russell is the individual Laodicean messenger

1925 Russell is the man clothed in linen in Ezekiel

1927 Faithful slave is not an individual and never was but Jesus is the head of the slave

1927 Flipflop - We reaffirm Russells 1881 proclamation, he is the Faithful slave

1928 Russell is not the individual Laodicean messenger as this messenger is not an individual. Sorry about that

1930 Jesus judged in 1918 and found the Evil slave even though The Watchtower found him in 1917.

1931 The man clothed in linen in Ezekiel was not Russell. Sorry about that.

1946 The Watchtower Society (the agency) used by Jesus is the Faithful slave

1951 The society of anointed remnant and the restored theocratic organisation is the Faithful slave

1953 The Faithful slave is a class of "interests and assets" but not The Watchtower Society, which is incorporated by a worldly political state.

1958 The united body of the regathered last ones of God's spiritual nation are the Faithful slave

1966 The slave was proven faithful and discrete at Christs return and appointed over all his belongings

1969 Some people were disfellowshipped earlier on and joined the Evil slave

1995 All anointed Christians are the Faithful slave

1995 Charles Taze Russell and his associates were the Faithful slave - there is no doubt based on the results of the time

2000 The Faithful Slave is the anointed

2001 Faithful slave has already been appointed over Jesus' belongings including New York headquarters

2004 Faithful slave was appointed over Christs belongings in 1919

2006 Apostles such as Peter, John and Paul were all members of the Faithful slave

2007 All anointed Christians

2009 Faithful slave has been appointed over all Christs belongings including all property and the domestics who are the individual members of the slave class

2013 Not all anointed make up the Faithful slave

2013 Faithful slave was appointed in the last days

2013 We admit we used to say the slave was appointed in 33ce and was of the anointed

2013 The Messianic Kingdom became Jesus property in 1914 which he will share with the anointed.

2013 Faithful slave was appointed in 1919

2013 Faithful slave has not yet been appointed over all Christs belongings

2013 Faithful slave will be appointed over all Christs belongings at The Great Tribulation (because of course it will be found to have been faithful and discrete)

2013 The domestics are the other sheep and the slave together, not just the individual members of the slave class as previously taught.

2014 The governing body alone is the Faithful slave

Now that's crystal clear, you may get baptised.

One of the latest rumors, is that the only "faithful slave" (Matt 24:45) is the "governing body" of today. It is asserted that there were NO "faithful slaves" previous to the men which now rule over the international organization who call themselves "Jehovah's Witnesses".

We know that when a house is built on sand, it shifts and cracks. It must continually be repaired and patched up to "whitewash" it's intrinsic growing imperfections (Ezek 13:12,11,13; Acts 23:3; Matt 23:27). For those who make a home from such walls, that "house" of doctrines will come to ruin (Matt 7:27; Prov 19:5,9). Such is the case with man-made doctrines of error (Matt 7:26). For those who take shelter in and send forth such lies, the scriptures at Isa 28:11,14,15,17-22,29 find their home. (Dan 5:25-27,30; Luke 12:20)

Why did Jesus put the identity of the faithful slave in question form? (Matt 24:45)?
Because he listed two distinct options before his slaves (Matt 24:46,48-51).
It must be noted, that if the governing body is the only slave, it is also the only identity that can fulfill the wicked steward....not the so-called "apostates" which they "beat". (Isa 667:5; John 16:1,2; Rev 11:7; 13:15; 6:9; 20:4; 17:6)

From - Who is the "Faithful Slave"?

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Contributed by a poster on reddit: "Who really is the Faithful and Discrete Slave? (Surely he himself must know)"   Let's find out... (Specific Watchtower publication references availab

Sorry but i think it's so funny how the Watchtower / GB / helpers et al, make themselves so obviously hypocritical and deliberately liars.  I don't actually believe there is a 'Faithful and Discreet s

I believe it was Linus, of the comic strip "Peanuts", running for Class President, who in his school auditorium got up on the stage, and behind the podium yelled out how if he was elected President by

Posted Images

Sorry but i think it's so funny how the Watchtower / GB / helpers et al, make themselves so obviously hypocritical and deliberately liars.  I don't actually believe there is a 'Faithful and Discreet slave' as yet. Jesus will decide when He comes to judge us all. But, oh dear, how those GB and their helpers will themselves need help when Jesus arrives. 

I believe it was Linus, of the comic strip "Peanuts", running for Class President, who in his school auditorium got up on the stage, and behind the podium yelled out how if he was elected President by the student body, he would "... tear down their altars and the false idols from the high places!", to which Charlie Brown commented that the school Principal 's face had just turned white.

Of course Linus was in expectation of the Great Pumpkin, who would rise from the pumpkin patch, and bring toys to all the good little boys and girls.

You know .... it it's not one thing ..... it's another.

...it's always somethin'.

To any anointed ones here from the organization:   After reading this list, and as teachers of the Word, the law of God, (Mal 2:7; Isa 43:10,12;44:8; 1 Pet 2:5,9,10; Heb 13:15)…
..can you honestly say that you have worked in unison with the following words of the apostle Paul ? (1 Thess 2)

“For you yourselves know, brethren, that our coming to you was not in vain. 2 But even after we had suffered before and were spitefully treated at Philippi, as you know, we were bold in our God to speak to you the gospel of God in much conflict. 3 For our exhortation did not come from error or uncleanness, nor was it in deceit.

4 But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.” 

For the following scriptures, consider your leaders, the GB:

"For neither at any time did we use flattering words, as you know, nor a cloak for covetousness (pretext for greed)—God is witness. 6 Nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, when we might have made demands as apostles of Christ.
For you remember, brethren, our labor and toil; for laboring night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, we preached to you the gospel of God."

Have demands been put upon you, by those who call themselves, the (present and only) “faithful and discreet slave” of an earthly organization?  What are your obligations to this organization?    Obviously, by Paul's words, our only obligation is to the Father and the Son in Truth.  Why would this change today?

"For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.

To all JWs, which “word” have you received from the “faithful and discreet slave”?  The word of God, or the word of men outlined above?  Which word have you welcomed and that “works in you”?  Truth, or the shifting sands of doctrine that cannot stand the test of time?  

"Your prophets had nothing to tell you but lies; Their preaching deceived you by never exposing your sin. They made you think you did not need to repent."  Lam 2:14

On 9/5/2021 at 1:25 PM, Pudgy said:

I believe it was Linus, of the comic strip "Peanuts", running for Class President, who in his school auditorium got up on the stage, and behind the podium yelled out how if he was elected President by the student body, he would "... tear down their altars and the false idols from the high places!", to which Charlie Brown commented that the school Principal 's face had just turned white.

Of course Linus was in expectation of the Great Pumpkin, who would rise from the pumpkin patch, and bring toys to all the good little boys and girls.

You know .... it it's not one thing ..... it's another.

...it's always somethin'.

Pudgy, what are you hiding ?  You hide behind all this rubbish you write and it seems you are afraid to actually be human. 

So, are you JTR Jnr, or are you just another of Tom's silly games ??? 

Either way you act very immature and make pointless comments. But no wait, of course they are not pointless. They have a purpose. Their purpose is in line with the GB's purpose. That is, to take people away from TRUTH. You try to sidetrack just as the GB does. You pretend to be a dog, whilst the GB pretend to be the F&DS. 

Yes, that’s it. 

I’m trying to make people believe I am really a dog.

You got me on that one. You got me on that one

….. what did it take, two months for you to figure that one out?

7A369814-4871-498F-BEEA-4DE657CE51F1.pngBbbbbb …..

BrouhahaHAHAHAhaha!

( … rubs front paws together, as if puttin’  on hand lotion, while snarling with exposed fangs !)

5 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

No, you're hiding behind the stupid dog thing with the intention of diverting serious conversation away from spiritual matters. How much are the GB paying you ? 

I am jealous.

You are funnier naturally than I work hard to be.

Your serious text is funnier than my best cartoon thought balloons!

I cannot think of a snappy retort to your "How much are the GB paying you?", without "spilling the beans".

Pudgy22.jpg

57 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Never mind James. Continue to hide behind the dog. It's cheaper than paying a shrink. 

...sez the faceless Pwft, who seems to disparage the possibility in others, whoever they might be,  the fact that he himself is hiding behind an alias .... without a face.

When you can be irritated by a cartoon dog, because he does not discuss "spiritual matters" in a manner to your liking ... who is it that really needs a shrink?

Lighten up .... you will live longer, and be a LOT happier.

16 hours ago, Pudgy said:

...sez the faceless Pwft, who seems to disparage the possibility in others, whoever they might be,  the fact that he himself is hiding behind an alias .... without a face.

But you know who I am and I'm not hiding. What I did was necessary due to my being d/fed from here previously by over zealous Elders and a lying JW it seems.  People twisting my words and pretending that I was making threats. 

16 hours ago, Pudgy said:

When you can be irritated by a cartoon dog, because he does not discuss "spiritual matters" in a manner to your liking ... who is it that really needs a shrink?

I'm not irritated by a cartoon dog, I'm disappointed in the lack of spiritual conversation. 

I hope your chickens are keeping well :) 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.