The World News Media

Did Carnivores Exist Before the Flood of Noah's Day?

The Librarian

Just now, Srecko Sostar said:

But you contribute with "wood" by posting citation/verses. :)) 

Good point! :) It could be like a game, where you only answer w/scriptures and if the person on the other end can't get the point, then it's like holy spirit doesn't want them to understand. You do that when you start getting people bloviating or showing off or looking like they just want to start something. I used to ask people at the door whether they really wanted to know (when they asked a question in a cranky way) or whether they're just trying to start something. (Of course we haven't been to anyone's door around here in a while)

• Views 11.8k
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(bold mine) It explains that God can choose to see what he wants to see. In any case, even humans can predict a certain outcome based on certain behavior, how much more so a God who is a lot smarter t

blo·vi·ate /ˈblōvēˌāt/   verb  informal•US gerund or present participle: bloviating

I think everybody here is missing the point of Life, The Universe, and Everything. Yes, the WTB&TS is guilty of hundreds of sins over a hundred and more years, but the fact is that in a Unive

Posted Images

@Srecko Sostar I see you are confused about my question. Let me put it this way, are  the 144,000 thousand responsible to inhabit the earth? I'm sure your answer would be, no. The question stands on the premise you said you once had a Christian life. Can I ask, what is preventing you from continuing that service for God? Ultimately, we are responsible for our own salvation. What is preventing you from Christian service elsewhere. Have you converted to atheism or agnosticism?

11 hours ago, xero said:

Good point! :) It could be like a game, where you only answer w/scriptures and if the person on the other end can't get the point, then it's like holy spirit doesn't want them to understand. You do that when you start getting people bloviating or showing off or looking like they just want to start something. I used to ask people at the door whether they really wanted to know (when they asked a question in a cranky way) or whether they're just trying to start something. (Of course we haven't been to anyone's door around here in a while)

It can also be an expression of competition and the ability to refute the opposite side with quotes. What the Spirit of God has in all this, on both sides involved in the discussion, does not have to be part of reality, but only on our ideas of reality. And our needs / skills to show ourselves stronger.

Of course, this (quotes) should not be wrong because it can give the other side food for thought. But it can come back like a boomerang if the other party has the knowledge to neutralize some biblical quote with another biblical quote or with reality. Quoting some biblical passages is, many times, part of the interpretation of a certain group of believers, and the interpretations are often times on shaky feet and are not a reflection of the workings of HS. WTJWorg has proven this many times.

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

It can also be an expression of competition and the ability to refute the opposite side with quotes. What the Spirit of God has in all this, on both sides involved in the discussion, does not have to be part of reality, but only on our ideas of reality. And our needs / skills to show ourselves stronger.

Of course, this (quotes) should not be wrong because it can give the other side food for thought. But it can come back like a boomerang if the other party has the knowledge to neutralize some biblical quote with another biblical quote or with reality. Quoting some biblical passages is, many times, part of the interpretation of a certain group of believers, and the interpretations are often times on shaky feet and are not a reflection of the workings of HS. WTJWorg has proven this many times.

I have no problem w/being wrong. In fact I'm wrong about something I think I'm right about even as I type this. I'm not concerned about being wrong as much as I'm concerned about doing right according to my conscience. Looking backwards at anyone including ones' self can be as out of focus as the projections one may have for the future of either. 

I probably posted this before, but this ted talk bears listening to again.

9 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Please define/determine "Christian life". 

Summary: Definition The Christian life is the life of repentance, faith, and good works lived through the power of the Spirit and with the help of the means of grace as the Christian is conformed to the image of Christ to the glory of God. 

Can you explain how you define, Christian Life?

54 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

Summary: Definition The Christian life is the life of repentance, faith, and good works lived through the power of the Spirit and with the help of the means of grace as the Christian is conformed to the image of Christ to the glory of God. 

Can you explain how you define, Christian Life?

I was in two forms of the Christian life. Until they became JW, my parents were Catholics and we lived as Catholic Christians (until i was 7 y old). Later they accepted the teachings of JW and with my parents I was raised in that spirit. So, accepting the faith of my parents, I became a Christian according to the beliefs and interpretations of WTJWorg.
I stopped being a Christian as defined and interpreted by the doctrine of WTJWorg.

Do I consider myself a follower of Jesus Christ? I think this is a question that should be asked more often by all those who feel they belong to some - every Christian ideology / theology.

BTW Being one of Jehovah's Witnesses is a vector, not a location, a profession of desired direction, not an existential state, a continuous series of actions (all of which we are not the judge, but Jehovah is), not a trophy or a plaque on the wall or even being on a list in a database somewhere.

To me, every real Christian should claim to that calling "I want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses!".

And yet it is important to note that one cannot do it alone nor should they. This means associating with groups of people some of whom we may heartily agree in all respects and some we may have issues with. Iron needs to sharpen iron. Without friction there isn't growth.

20 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I think this is a question that should be asked more often by all those who feel they belong to some - every Christian ideology / theology.

Then you no longer believe in Christ, as determined by His church and God's words. Have you become an atheist, or are you an agnostic? We all have a belief system regardless if we think we don't. 

23 hours ago, xero said:

What makes you think there's a special "Anointed" vs "Non-Anointed" class distinction made in any of the counsel given in the CGS?

"Class distinction" is your words, not mine.

Matthew 24 : 22  Berean Study Bible
If those days had not been cut short, nobody would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, those days will be cut short.  

NWT 

In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

There is one scripture which shows that the Anointed are more important at this time, right now. 

Satan the Devil is more concerned with stopping that number of 144,000 becoming complete, than he is with any of the Earthly class.  The Heavenly Kingdom has to be completed first. The full number of the Bride of Christ has to be complete. 

In fact the JW organisation used to teach that the Earthly class were only helpers to the Anointed ones, because the commision of preaching the 'Good News of the Kingdom' was given to the Anointed ones. 

However, it may be because the Governing Body have exalted themselves above all the True Anointed ones, that the GB have now pretended that the Anointed are not the most important of humans on earth right now.

And it is easily seen (and read) that earthly ones in the JW Org are following their GB and serving their GB by also pretending the Anointed are not more important. 

I can read the jealousy on this very forum. And I think your GB are jealous of the True Anointed too. Why else would the GB beat their 'fellow slaves' ?