The World News Media

Did Carnivores Exist Before the Flood of Noah's Day?

The Librarian

Just now, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Misuse of scripture. Once again it referred to the Anointed ones only. Some of the Anointed ones were acting as if they were more important. Just like the GB do now. 

I suspect that any scripture which doesn't line up w/your views would be an instance of misuse. Never mind. Continue w/your obsession about people w/invisible beanies.

• Views 11.8k
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(bold mine) It explains that God can choose to see what he wants to see. In any case, even humans can predict a certain outcome based on certain behavior, how much more so a God who is a lot smarter t

blo·vi·ate /ˈblōvēˌāt/   verb  informal•US gerund or present participle: bloviating

I think everybody here is missing the point of Life, The Universe, and Everything. Yes, the WTB&TS is guilty of hundreds of sins over a hundred and more years, but the fact is that in a Unive

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, xero said:

eems to me that Dmitar is begging for a bible study. I vote that Tom take it on.

No, thank you. I wouldn't learn anything from a false religion. At least that's what you people are making your religion out to be, here. What matters, is God happy with Christians that do take their baptism seriously.

1 hour ago, Dmitar said:

Instead of putting a confused emoji, I'll just ask you to explain your thought. The Church of Christ is Christianity as a whole. However, not all Christians obey the sanctity of God and Christ. Therefore, the Church of Christ is the Body of Christ. Are you referring to a brick and mortar house of the Lord that is used as grounds to worship, like the synagogues  and the first Christian congregations were used? The house in itself has no meaning, rather a place for Christians to unite and encourage one another under the Lord. So, a House, Church, Congregation, etc. that is used as a house of worship is sanctified by God's Holy Spirit.

An atheist would not think of such things, and condemn such placement, while an agnostic might think, worshiping God under the stars is enough.

42 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

Did Jesus not change that? Do, you believe, Jesus found no use for the First Christian Congregations? If not, why do you believe that? Why would you think the apostles found no problem with them, but Jesus did, if that's your understanding.

If God wants to establish the "original" intention/plan/will (about which we speculate based on reading of a few passages from the book of Genesis) then it seems acceptable to me that man worships God “under the stars”. In a primary, primitive way.
Contrary, worship systems, all of them, even those that some call “the best,” those within the old nation of Israel, and that achieved with the 12 Apostles and then in the 1st Congregation, are prone to corruption. Reality and history prove it. 

Literal walls and spiritual walls have a lifespan. During existence, damage can (and does) occur, failure occurs. There is a need to renovate or build a new building. The existence of 2 Testaments confirms this. Why wouldn't there be a 3rd Testament? Or a complete return to the Original?

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

If God wants to establish the "original" intention/plan/will (about which we speculate based on reading of a few passages from the book of Genesis) then it seems acceptable to me that man worships God “under the stars”. In a primary, primitive way.

Then you want to revert to Judaism, where the Israelites or Judeans became none compliant with God's laws. Not that Christianity is fairing any better, however, there are Christians being compliant with God's Law's. Is the Torah the only thing you wish to accept?

Contrary, worship systems, all of them, even those that some call “the best,” those within the old nation of Israel, and that achieved with the 12 Apostles and then in the 1st Congregation, are prone to corruption. Reality and history prove it. 

Then you would have to agree, corruption started with the original sin.

Literal walls and spiritual walls have a lifespan. During existence, damage can (and does) occur, failure occurs. There is a need to renovate or build a new building. The existence of 2 Testaments confirms this. Why wouldn't there be a 3rd Testament? Or a complete return to the Original?

You don't believe there will be a third testament of man after judgment day? Isn't that the promise God made to man, to return man back to his/her original disposition.

21 hours ago, Dmitar said:

Since you and he must believe in something, I will pose the same question. Do you believe, the 144,000 thousand saints are the ones to inherit the earth, or will it be others? If not about the saints, explain why you personally believe scripture is only meant to satisfy the requirements for anointed, and no one else? Christ not just spoke to the anointed, but also to regular sinners that wished to repent. The message was meant to be applied the same.

The 144,000 are the Body of Christ. They are also the Bride of Christ, also Heavenly Jerusalem. 

The 144,000 inherit a spirit life with God and Christ in heaven. Christ and the 144,000 will rule over the Earth. BUT I do not know if they will always be in heaven, or if they, like the Angels, will visit Earth at  times. 

The Greek scriptures are written to the Anointed Ones, so that the Anointed ones can guide the Earthly class.  The deeper things of the scriptures are meant to be understood by the Anointed because Almighty God will send His Holy Spirit to those True Anointed ones. 

Jesus did speak to ALL the people BUT, read this scripture below. 

Mark 4 : 34 Berean Study Bible
"He did not tell them anything without using a parable. But privately He explained everything to His own disciples."

And privately Jesus will explain everything to the True Anointed ones, so that those True Anointed ones will guide the Earthly ones that are willing to listen. 

Zechariah 8:23 

Berean Study Bible
This is what the LORD of Hosts says: “In those days ten men from the nations of every tongue will tightly grasp the robe of a Jew, saying, ‘Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.’ 

The 'ten men' are the Earthly class, and the 'Jew' is the True Anointed Ones. 

The Governing Body of JW Org pretend to be anointed, but by their actions and words they prove themselves false.

21 hours ago, Dmitar said:

Christ not just spoke to the anointed, but also to regular sinners that wished to repent. The message was meant to be applied the same.

I have explained above that Jesus did speak to 'regular sinners' / Israelites, but he explained 'everything' to His chosen disciples. 

Add to this that, Luke 12 : 48 

Berean Study Bible
But the one who unknowingly does things worthy of punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and from him who has been entrusted with much, even more will be demanded.

The True Anointed are 'given much' and have been 'entrusted with much', so from this True Anointed much more will be demanded back.

I hope these scriptures help you to understand my thoughts and I hope you can see why I believe the True Anointed will soon be seen. The True Anointed will not domineer the Earthly class, but they will guide people to serve God through Jesus Christ. 

20 hours ago, xero said:

I suspect that any scripture which doesn't line up w/your views would be an instance of misuse. Never mind. Continue w/your obsession about people w/invisible beanies.

And you continue to worship those 8 men of your GB who pretend to be the F&DS.

They are YOUR people with invisible beanies.  

4 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

The 144,000 are the Body of Christ. They are also the Bride of Christ, also Heavenly Jerusalem. 

The 144,000 inherit a spirit life with God and Christ in heaven. Christ and the 144,000 will rule over the Earth. BUT I do not know if they will always be in heaven, or if they, like the Angels, will visit Earth at  times. 

Without having to twist your words and make an assumption in your understanding, can you elaborate on your thought and understanding? Without sounding repetitious I would ask you again, if this is your understanding, then the New Testament was written only for the saints, and no other people would inherit the earth. There would be no benefit for them. It might sound strange, however, the way you are stipulating your thought, that's what you are leading me to believe.

Are you explaining how you have moved away from "traditional view" of Christ Body to form a new scriptural understanding of Ephesians 1:22-23

Ephesians 1:22-23

New International Version

22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

Does your understanding of the "church" meant to mean only the 144,000 saints? Where does that leave the rest of the followers of Christ if they are not part of the church?

Jew and Gentile Reconciled Through Christ

11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Once again, I don’t want to twist your understanding since it is important to you as you see and believe it, however, being of one mind, one faith, one body in Christ was Paul's words to the gentiles.

Ephesians 3:3-9

3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.

Unity and Diversity in the Body

12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by[a] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

The True Anointed are 'given much' and have been 'entrusted with much', so from this True Anointed much more will be demanded back.

Colossians 1:24-27

Paul’s Labor for the Church

24 Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. 25 I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— 26 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people. 27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

I hope these scriptures help you to understand my thoughts and I hope you can see why I believe the True Anointed will soon be seen. The True Anointed will not domineer the Earthly class, but they will guide people to serve God through Jesus Christ. 

I must sound like a broken record, and I am trying very hard to understand your view, but I'm still having some difficulty how you are separating the 144,000 which is part of Christ Body alongside the rest of the members of the congregation which is part of the same body.

Galatians 3:26-28

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 16:25-27

25 Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from[a] faith— 27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

I will prayerfully place your thought into consideration without having to twist the words of the gospel. 

blo·vi·ate
/ˈblōvēˌāt/

verb
 informalUS
gerund or present participle: bloviating
  1. talk at length, especially in an inflated or empty way.

When I tell jokes, most of the time I am just entertaining myself. I try to keep them pithy, and SHORT.

Dimitar asks dozens of questions that no one EVER answers, as it is apparent he also asks them to entertain himself, as they are based on insulting false premises, and irrelevant assumptions.

I apologise, for answering for him ... perhaps I should have waited for his own  answer. of why he bloviates, which I had to look up, because I thought it had something to do with chronic intestinal gas being expelled at easily discernible volume..

....very similar.

15 hours ago, Dmitar said:

, if this is your understanding, then the New Testament was written only for the saints, and no other people would inherit the earth.

The Greek scriptures, which you call the New Testament, was written to be fully understood by the True Anointed but parts of it apply to the Earthly Class. However the True Anointed will only gain full understanding when God through Christ gives Holy Spirit to those Anointed ones. 

The Letter to the Romans. 1 : 7 

BSB 7To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints:

NWT. to all those who are in Rome as God’s beloved ones, called to be holy ones:

So that letter to the Romans was to the Anointed ones. 

Galatians 4 

6 Now because you are sons, God has sent the spirit of his Son into our hearts, and it cries out: “Abba, Father!”  So you are no longer a slave but a son; and if a son, then you are also an heir through God.

This is to the Anointed who are heirs to the Heavenly Kingdom. 

16 hours ago, Dmitar said:

"traditional view" of Christ Body

I have no idea about this so called 'traditional view, but in my opinion the Body of Christ is only the 144,000 that are Christ's body, as Christ is the head. 

More later. 

5 hours ago, Pudgy said:
blo·vi·ate
/ˈblōvēˌāt/

verb
 informalUS
gerund or present participle: bloviating
  1. talk at length, especially in an inflated or empty way.

When I tell jokes, most of the time I am just entertaining myself. I try to keep them pithy, and SHORT.

Dimitar asks dozens of questions that no one EVER answers, as it is apparent he also asks them to entertain himself, as they are based on insulting false premises, and irrelevant assumptions.

I apologise, for answering for him ... perhaps I should have waited for his own  answer. of why he bloviates, which I had to look up, because I thought it had something to do with chronic intestinal gas being expelled at easily discernible volume..

....very similar.

Your responses are the only ones I read as the humor is welcome. I could easily imagine a syndicated cartoon featuring the character you play.

6 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

The Greek scriptures, which you call the New Testament, was written to be fully understood by the True Anointed but parts of it apply to the Earthly Class. However the True Anointed will only gain full understanding when God through Christ gives Holy Spirit to those Anointed ones. 

Does this mean to you that only the apostles were enlightened and no one else benefited from God's words, even though Jesus spoke of them to the people?

What would be the purpose of scripture, then? Aside from the text you claim are for the anointed in Mark 4:34, the highlighted portion is your understanding of what Jesus was indicating. Yes, in preparation, Jesus will implement a spiritual strategy to benefit mankind though the Kingdom of Heaven along with the Saints. That’s Gods plan.

How do you believe those Saints are gathered? Does that mean, all the Saints were gathered in Jesus time?

Mark 4 : 34 Berean Study Bible
"He did not tell them anything without using a parable. But privately He explained everything to His own disciples."

And privately Jesus will explain everything to the True Anointed ones, so that those True Anointed ones will guide the Earthly ones that are willing to listen. 

7 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

I have no idea about this so called 'traditional view, but in my opinion the Body of Christ is only the 144,000 that are Christ's body, as Christ is the head. 

Then you don't believe the church is part of that body like Jehovah Witnesses and their poor understanding of it here. 

"The church is called the body of Christ because Christ is the head of the church and we are called to do the work of Christ, each like members of a body. We have different skills, purposes, and spiritual gifts, yet every believer is equally important to the full functioning, mission, and efficacy of the church. What Does "Body of Christ" Mean?"

1 Corinthians 12:12–14 — English Standard Version (ESV) 12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body— Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

Isn't it also written in the Greek Scripture?

1 Corinthians 12:12-14 Καθάπερ γὰρ τὸ σῶμα ἕν ἐστιν καὶ μέλη πολλὰ ἔχει, πάντα δὲ τὰ μέλη τοῦ σώματος πολλὰ ὄντα ἕν ἐστιν σῶμα, οὕτως καὶ ὁ Χριστός· 13 καὶ γὰρ ἐν ἑνὶ πνεύματι ἡμεῖς πάντες εἰς ἓν σῶμα ἐβαπτίσθημεν, εἴτε Ἰουδαῖοι εἴτε Ἕλληνες εἴτε δοῦλοι εἴτε ἐλεύθεροι, καὶ πάντες ἓν πνεῦμα ἐποτίσθημεν. 14 Καὶ γὰρ τὸ σῶμα οὐκ ἔστιν ἓν μέλος ἀλλὰ πολλά. (1 Cor. 12:14 BYZ)

1 Corinthians 12:14 nam et corpus non est unum membrum sed multa (1 Cor. 12:14 VUL)

Remember, I'm trying very hard not to twist your words, without having to TWIST the words of the gospel of Christ.

Acts 2:42-47

English Standard Version

The Fellowship of the Believers

42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. 43 And awe[a] came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. 44 And all who believed were together and had all things in common. 45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

Hebrews 10:19-25

English Standard Version

The Full Assurance of Faith

19 Therefore, brothers,[a] since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, 20 by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Hebrews 10:24-25

English Standard Version

24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.