The World News Media

Luke 23:43 and its meaning...

Jesus suffering.jpg

What does it mean? Jesus replied to the thief “Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.” (Luke 23:43) The Apostle Paul explains that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous. (Acts 24:15) Since no unrighteous individuals are allowed entry to Heaven. Both Jesus and Paul were speaking about an Earthly Paradise.

False Religion and her minions reject "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures;  and that he was buried, yes, that he was raised up on the third day according to the Scriptures;" (1 Corinthians 15:3-4) Nobody is resurrected from Heaven to be on the earth. Notice Jesus never stated you will be with me in Heaven as oppossers of the Jesus Christ claim. Romans 10:9 states if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, You will be saved.

Why is such a simple message often reected by false religion? Many translations place a comma before the word “today” and thereby giving the impression that both Jesus and the evildoer both entered into Heaven that very same day. Jesus himself was dead and in the tomb until the third day and was then resurrected as “the firstfruits” of the first resurrection. The scriptures state that Jesus ascended to Heaven after 40 days after his resurrection. Where was he during those 40 days? Since Jesus sacrificed his fleshly body once for all time, he manifested and taught his disiples in different fleshly bodies her on earth about God's Kingdom. (Acts 1:3-11)

The scriptures state after he had suffered, he showed himself alive to them (how?) by many convincing proofs. He was Seen by them throughout 40 days, and he was speaking about the Kingdom of God." (Acts 1:3) Just think, after spending 40 days with his disciples in different bodies, he still showed himself ALIVE by Many Convining Proofs. Something he would have no need to do, if he was resurrected in his own body.

When you think of it. Even when Jesus appeared to his disicples a second time as a group, this time with Thomas. They saw a man standing in their midst saying 'May you have peace'. None of them exclaimed, there he is.... JESUS! This is because the did not know who this man was. But then Jesus says to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and see my hands, and take your hand and stick it into my side, and stop doubting but believe." (John 20:27)

What was different with this specific mafifesting than others? This time was the only time he manifested with wounds. See, if Jesus manifested in his own body, even without wounds, his disiples would have surely knew who he was. But, because he was in a different body yet again notice what Thomas' response was,“My Lord and my God! (Johm 20:28)

When a person performs a certain feat that overwhelms a person witnessing it, we might hear the expression OMG! It doesn't mean that this person is God. However, if we look up the Greek we can see how Thomas made a simliar statement that was much more refining.

Thomas answered and said to him, "You are the Lord of me and the God of me!" (John 20:28 Greek) It was at this precise moment in time, that Thomas realized and was given an epiphany that Jesus is 'the Christ, the Son of the living God.' (Mathew 16:16) In like manner, Moses was God to Aaron and Pharoh. Yet, we all know that Moses is not God.

One should also note that Thomas never asked to see Jesus body but rather his nail prints and his side. Evidently all the disciples and the women alike, had the same account of seeing Jesus in a differnet body, but without wounds. Therefore, this would cause Thomas to doubt that it was Jesus appearing to them and this is why the account reads as it does, “Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will never believe it.”

Yet, after all these proofs, notice what (John 20:30-31) states. "To be sure, Jesus also performed Many Other Signs before the disciples, which are not written down in this scroll. But these have been written down so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and because of believing, you may have life by means of his Name."

Why not take a Free Bible Online Lesson and see how much you know. Will you accept a Free Home Bible Study today, to continue living on through the Great Tribulation?

• Views 1k
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Date: January 19, 2015Author: Craig Truglia0 Comments In this episode of “Offending the Jehovah’s Witnesses,” our response to DefendingJehovahsWitnesses.Blogspot.com, we are going to cover

Those of the Anointed are judged by their faith and works whilst they are alive here on this Earth. If they are found 'worthy' of life then they will gain a spirit life in Heaven. Once in Heaven they

Friend, can you clarify the difference between a seminary scholar and an accredited secular scholar? Dr. Julius R. Mantey A Manual Grammar of the Greek New Testament has been quoted in the past by the

Posted Images

5 hours ago, BroRando said:

Since no unrighteous individuals are allowed entry to Heaven. Both Jesus and Paul were speaking about an Earthly Paradise.

Perhaps friend, you can clarify this portion of your understanding, since the 1440,000 thousand saints are unrighteous just like the apostles were by their imperfection. What gives the saints the ability to wash their sins away in order to be received in heaven as helpers?

1 hour ago, NoisySrecko said:

Perhaps friend, you can clarify this portion of your understanding, since the 1440,000 thousand saints are unrighteous just like the apostles were by their imperfection. What gives the saints the ability to wash their sins away in order to be received in heaven as helpers?

Galatians 2:17

Now if we have also been found sinners while seeking to be declared righteous by means of Christ, is Christ then sin’s minister? Certainly not!

Romans 3:24

and it is as a free gift that they are being declared righteous by his undeserved kindness through the release by the ransom paid by Christ Jesus.

Romans 5:9

Much more, then, since we have now been declared righteous by his blood, will we be saved through him from wrath.

Romans 8:30

Moreover, those whom he foreordained are the ones he also called; and those whom he called are the ones he also declared to be righteous. Finally those whom he declared righteous are the ones he also glorified.

For additional and Personal Study  https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200271355?q=anointed+are+righteous&p=doc

Thank you friend for making such an important clarification, since only the ones deemed righteous will have the honor to serve in heaven. This would mean the 144,000 saints would be received as "perfect beings" in heaven as a reward for their faithful serve and loyalty.

However, the point of the text you mention also go in favor of the righteous ones that will be spared at the end of Judgement day while the unrighteous will also be raised from the dead, on earth. This is a critical distinction that should always be made as evangelizers.

On 10/22/2021 at 9:18 AM, BroRando said:

“Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will never believe it.”

Jesus suffering.jpg

I can only see ONE NAIL and it is through the WRISTS. 

I'm not talking about Strongs. I'm saying that the picture is in oppositon to the written words. 

13 hours ago, NoisySrecko said:

Thank you friend for making such an important clarification, since only the ones deemed righteous will have the honor to serve in heaven. This would mean the 144,000 saints would be received as "perfect beings" in heaven as a reward for their faithful serve and loyalty.

That's because Christ died for those of His Bride. Hence they only have one judgement and that is whilst they are living as humans. 

Revelation 5 : 9 & 10 

And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10  and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

Christ's blood does not yet mean everlasting life for those of the Earthly hope. 

On 10/23/2021 at 7:22 AM, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

That's because Christ died for those of His Bride. Hence they only have one judgement and that is whilst they are living as humans. 

Thank you friend for your reply. Can you clarify what you mean by "one judgment" since Christ gave his life for all of us due to the original sin?  The heavenly hope and the earthly hope have the same amount of sin value. The 144,000 thousand will be cleansed immediately and set to perfection, while the ones with and earthly hope will gradually receive that perfection. The difference I see is with the unrighteous along with the righteous that will form a union on earth.

After the 1000,-year reign into perfection, then all of God's creation will form one perfect union in paradise along with heaven. When Satan gets released again, he will undoubtedly temp humanity and the angels. That much is foretold. However, my interest friend is on your thought about one judgment. Can you explain this further?

17 hours ago, NoisySrecko said:

Can you clarify what you mean by "one judgment" since Christ gave his life for all of us due to the original sin? 

Those of the Anointed are judged by their faith and works whilst they are alive here on this Earth. If they are found 'worthy' of life then they will gain a spirit life in Heaven. Once in Heaven they will be counted as perfect by God and Chrsit. They will not get another testing or judgement. 

At Armageddon those not of the Heavenly calling will be judged as being 'worthy' or 'unworthy' of keeping alive into the 'New World' here on Earth.  Those kept alive through Armageddon will be of both the righteous and the unrighteous. Only the wicked will be condemned to death. Also those raised from the dead will be both of the righteous and the unrighteous. Only the wicked will not get a resurrection. So ALL people, those that never died and those that were raised up, will be judged at the end of the one thousand years of Christ's reign. I presume they will be 'perfect' at the end of that time. They will also have true wisdom, knowledge and understanding, which we do not have now. The testing / judgement of all those on Earth will be worked through Satan's temptations. 

17 hours ago, NoisySrecko said:

since Christ gave his life for all of us due to the original sin? 

Christ gave His life to open the door of opportunity, firstly for the Anointed as Revelation 5 : 9&10 tell us.  Then for those who could live on Earth.  Christ did not die for the wicked, He died for the righteous and the unrighteous. However it is Christ that judges all because HE has all authority since 33 C.E.  

5 hours ago, NoisySrecko said:

Thank you friend for your reply. Can you clarify what you mean by "one judgment" since Christ gave his life for all of us due to the original sin?  The heavenly hope and the earthly hope have the same amount of sin value. The 144,000 thousand will be cleansed immediately and set to perfection, while the ones with and earthly hope will gradually receive that perfection. The difference I see is with the unrighteous along with the righteous that will form a union on earth.

After the 1000,-year reign into perfection, then all of God's creation will form one perfect union in paradise along with heaven. When Satan gets released again, he will undoubtedly temp humanity and the angels. That much is foretold. However, my interest friend is on your thought about one judgment. Can you explain this further?

All need to be faithful til their end. Or survive the final test of Satan after the 1,000 yrs have concluded.  During the Day of Christ, those who die, die a pernanent death since Christ died once and for all time.  There will be no more sacrifice for those who fall away and this is how it will be...  the second death will always exist for humanity and even the angels. The pattern is now set.

John 3:18

Whoever exercises faith in him is not to be judged. Whoever does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

The way I see “one judgment” is through the effect of condemnation. I read text such as 1 Corinthians 15:22, Romans 5:8, John 3:16, and I see humanity being condemned by Adam's sin. Therefore, that one judgment would apply to us all. After all, that is why Jesus gave his life for.

Romans 5:18

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the

Righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Leviticus 24:22

There shall be one judgment for the stranger and the native, for I am the Lord your God.

Thank you friends for clarifying the judgment upon man that relates to us all. The only difference between the saints and the rest is how we receive the gift of perfection. 1 John 2:2

1 hour ago, NoisySrecko said:

The way I see “one judgment” is through the effect of condemnation. I read text such as 1 Corinthians 15:22, Romans 5:8, John 3:16, and I see humanity being condemned by Adam's sin. Therefore, that one judgment would apply to us all. After all, that is why Jesus gave his life for.

Romans 5:18

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the

Righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Leviticus 24:22

There shall be one judgment for the stranger and the native, for I am the Lord your God.

Thank you friends for clarifying the judgment upon man that relates to us all. The only difference between the saints and the rest is how we receive the gift of perfection. 1 John 2:2

Yes but here is a more accurate rendering of the meaning you are alluding too:

Romans 5:12

That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned—.

Romans 5:18

So, then, as through one trespass the result to men of all sorts was condemnation, so too through one act of justification the result to men of all sorts is their being declared righteous for life.

1 Corinthians 15:21

For since death came through a man, resurrection of the dead also comes through a man.

Leviticus 24:22

“‘One judicial decision will apply for you, whether a foreign resident or a native, because I am Jehovah your God.’”

Exodus 12:49

One law will apply for the native and for the foreigner who is residing among you.”

Leviticus 19:34

The foreigner who resides with you should become to you like a native among you; and you must love him as yourself, for you were foreign residents in the land of Egypt. I am Jehovah your God.

2 Peter 3:9

Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

Acts 10:34

At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial,

2 Chronicles 19:7

Now let the fear of Jehovah be upon you. Be careful about what you do, for with Jehovah our God there is no injustice, no partiality, no bribe-taking.”

Romans 2:11

For there is no partiality with God.

Deuteronomy 10:17

For Jehovah your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the God great, mighty, and awe-inspiring, who treats none with partiality and does not accept a bribe.

1 Timothy 5:21

I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus and the chosen angels to observe these instructions without any prejudice or partiality.

Luke 20:21

And they questioned him, saying: “Teacher, we know you speak and teach correctly and show no partiality, but you teach the way of God in line with truth:

Deuteronomy 1:17

You must not be partial in judgment. You should hear the small one the same as the great one. You must not become intimidated by men, for the judgment belongs to God; and if a case is too difficult for you, you should present it to me, and I will hear it.’

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/apply-bible-principles/jehovah-god-will-help-you/

On 10/25/2021 at 1:44 AM, BroRando said:

Yes but here is a more accurate rendering of the meaning you are alluding too

Thank you friend. This shows people the many interpretations that come from the same substance, while invoking the same text.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.