The World News Media

Can a Person Resign From Being One of Jehovah’s Witnesses?

Patiently waiting for Truth

34 minutes ago, Witness said:

How can anyone treat a hybrid name compiled around the 14th century or so, with "disrespect"?

“Jehovah” is a modern mispronunciation of the Hebrew name, resulting from combining the consonants of that name, Jhvh, with the vowels of the word ădōnāy, “Lord,” which the Jews substituted for the proper name in reading the scriptures. In such cases of substitution the vowels of the word which is to be read are written in the Hebrew text with the consonants of the word which is not to be read."  https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/1911_Encyclopædia_Britannica/Jehovah

Now, JWs who attribute their false doctrine to God, their organization's existence to God, do blaspheme the "name" of God.  2 Thess 2:9-12

Are you also claiming Jesus which means "Jehovah is Salvation' is a 14th Century error?

What about Elijah which means "My God is Jehovah"?  There are many names that refer to Jehovah even though you deny Jesus and Elijah...   Your tail and horns are showing.. 😈

What webs of lies we weave heh? 

• Views 5k
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are not understanding. Therefore you pray in this way: “Our Father who is in heaven, may Your name be treated as holy.”  Matt 6:9 Jesus and his disciples never used a word that is

You might want to get your facts straight.  I have never "denounced" YHVH/YHWH.  I use it frequently.  And I have never denounced "Adonai", or "Abba", or the "Ancient of Days", or "Elohim".  It is not

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/resign/ Yes. A person can resign from our organization in two ways: By formal request. Either orally or in writing, a person can state his

Posted Images

Denying Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior does not beget salvation.  Here are a few scriptures about the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 1:3)

1 Kings 18:39

When all the people saw it, they immediately fell facedown and said: “Jehovah is the true GodJehovah is the true God!”

1 Kings 8:60

so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Jehovah is the true God. There is no other!

Joshua 22:34

So the Reuʹben·ites and the Gadʹites named the altar, because “it is a witness between us that Jehovah is the true God.”

Deuteronomy 4:39

Know, therefore, on this day, and take it to heart that Jehovah is the true God in the heavens above and on the earth beneath. There is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:35

You yourselves have been shown these things so you will know that Jehovah is the true God; there is no other besides him.

1 Kings 18:37

Answer me, O Jehovah! Answer me so that this people may know that you, Jehovah, are the true God and that you are turning their hearts back to you.”

2 Chronicles 33:13

He kept praying to Him, and He was moved by his entreaty and heard his request for favor, and He restored him to Jerusalem to his kingship. Then Ma·nasʹseh came to know that Jehovah is the true God.

1 Kings 18:21

Then E·liʹjah approached all the people and said: “How long will you be limping between two different opinions? If Jehovah is the true God, follow him; but if Baʹal is, follow him!” But the people did not say a word in answer to him.

1 Chronicles 22:1

David then said: “This is the house of Jehovah the true God, and this is an altar for burnt offering for Israel.”

2 Chronicles 32:16

His servants said even more against Jehovah the true God and against Hez·e·kiʹah his servant.

1 Chronicles 17:26

And now, O Jehovah, you are the true God, and you have promised these good things concerning your servant.

Daniel 9:3

So I turned my face to Jehovah the true God, entreating him in prayer, along with fasting and sackcloth and ashes.

Nehemiah 9:7

You are Jehovah the true God, who chose Aʹbram and brought him out of Ur of the Chal·deʹans and gave him the name Abraham.

2 Samuel 7:28

And now, O Sovereign Lord Jehovah, you are the true God, and your words are truth, and you have promised these good things to your servant.

2 Chronicles 26:5

And he kept searching for God in the days of Zech·a·riʹah, who taught him to fear the true God. During the time he was searching for Jehovah, the true God made him prosper.

Nehemiah 8:6

Then Ezʹra praised Jehovah the true God, the great One, at which all the people answered, “Amen! Amen!” and lifted up their hands. They then bowed low and prostrated themselves to Jehovah with their faces to the ground.

1 Chronicles 22:19

Now determine with all your heart and soul to seek Jehovah your God, and start building the sanctuary of Jehovah the true God, in order to bring the ark of the covenant of Jehovah and the holy utensils of the true God to the house built for the name of Jehovah.”

Daniel 9:4

I prayed to Jehovah my God and made confession and said: “O Jehovah the true God, the great and awe-inspiring One, who keeps his covenant and shows loyal love to those who love him and keep his commandments,

Deuteronomy 7:9

You well know that Jehovah your God is the true God, the faithful God, keeping his covenant and loyal love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.

2 Chronicles 5:14

The priests were not able to stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of Jehovah filled the house of the true God.

1 Kings 13:6

The king now said to the man of the true God: “Please, beg for the favor of Jehovah your God, and pray in my behalf that my hand may be restored to me.” At this the man of the true God begged for the favor of Jehovah, and the king’s hand was restored to its former condition.

Resigning as one of Jehovah's Witnesses is not something to be done without serious consideration and well established protocols.   Therefore over the last hundred years of overlapping protocols, changing in form and formality, it has been established that in order to resign as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, one must appear before a tribunal of Elders in a Judicial Hearing, and before them exclaim three times " I quit!, I quit!, I quit!", and smear goose poop on their shoes.

12 hours ago, BroRando said:

Are you also claiming Jesus which means "Jehovah is Salvation' is a 14th Century error?

What about Elijah which means "My God is Jehovah"?  There are many names that refer to Jehovah even though you deny Jesus and Elijah...   Your tail and horns are showing.. 😈

What webs of lies we weave heh? 

You are not understanding.

Therefore you pray in this way:

“Our Father who is in heaven,
may Your name be treated as holy.”  Matt 6:9

Jesus and his disciples never used a word that is a mix of consonants and vowels put together by men, as a way to show respect to the Father. The use of that hybrid didn’t happen for centuries later.  Does this mean that the Christians in the first century were “disrespectful” for not saying, “Jehovah”?

You can say, “Jehovah” a hundred times a day and it proves nothing.  It does not prove that you respect the name of God.  It does not prove that God is your Father, especially if you follow the doctrines of men.

To treat God’s name as holy means respecting and adhering to His laws in Jesus Christ.  In the Kingdom, the faithful anointed who will rule with Jesus  will have “on their forehead”, the name of God and of Jesus.  Do you believe this is a literal tattoo on their forehead?  Do you believe they will be verbalizing the name, “Jehovah”, or does this meaning of Rev 14:1, go deeper?

“And you shall put these, My words, on your heart and on your inner self, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand and let them be as an emblem between your eyes. And you shall teach them to your children by talking about them when you sit in your house and when you travel on the road and when you lie down and when you get up.”  Deut 11:18,19

For this is the covenant that I will decree with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I am putting My laws in their minds and I will write them on their hearts, and I will be their God and they will be my people.  Heb 8:10

We are respectful of the holy name of God, by our choice to follow only His laws in Christ, that those laws only, are holy. (Matt 6:9)  Since your leaders change doctrine regularly to accommodate their reign, riches, and reputation, they show no respect for the teachings of Jesus Christ, and they show no respect for the Almighty God. They demand their laws, the laws of men,  to be written on one’s forehead; symbolically, in the heart and mind of JWs. (Rev 13:11,12,14,16,17; Matt chapter 23)

21 hours ago, BroRando said:

Then stop speaking ENGLISH and speak Hebrew.

Yeshua means "Yahweh is Salvation"   Get over it you big fake.

And there you have it. You have admitted that it is Yahweh not Jehovah.  Although even Yahweh might not be correct, but at least it uses the correct letters. 

13 hours ago, BroRando said:

Denying Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior does not beget salvation.  Here are a few scriptures about the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 1:3

You are taking nonsesse because all those scriptures you have quoted were written long before that fake name was invented. Anyone could put a false name in place of YHWH, and that is just what the Watchtower / JW Org has done. You use a false name to insult Almighty God. 

25 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

And there you have it. You have admitted that it is Yahweh not Jehovah.  Although even Yahweh might not be correct, but at least it uses the correct letters. 

9 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

You are taking nonsesse because all those scriptures you have quoted were written long before that fake name was invented. Anyone could put a false name in place of YHWH, and that is just what the Watchtower / JW Org has done. You use a false name to insult Almighty God. 

Always knew you rejected Jesus and call the Christ false for having a Name that means 'Jehovah is Salvation'

Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ?i This is the antichrist,j the one who denies the Father and the Son.

19 hours ago, Peter Carroll said:

thankfully we can see the few  fakes on here  and they are begining to stand out more and more as the time comes closer for their total destruction ,and they will become those i will gladly laugh at for their stupidity, as it was for satan trying to take on the creator ,its a fight pwft will easily lose in due time ,as for now we continue to put up with them

Most people on here are trying to serve Almight God through Jesus Christ, in the best way they can. My hope is that Jesus, who now has 'all authority', will read the hearts of everyone here, and He will give guidance to those He feels deserve it.  My fight is against all forms of wickedness, not only the Watchtower/JW Org. So I hope that Jesus Christ will  read my heart, and because of that I am prepared to take whatever consequences come my way. 

6 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Most people on here are trying to serve Almight God through Jesus Christ, in the best way they can. My hope is that Jesus, who now has 'all authority', will read the hearts of everyone here, and He will give guidance to those He feels deserve it.  My fight is against all forms of wickedness, not only the Watchtower/JW Org. So I hope that Jesus Christ will  read my heart, and because of that I am prepared to take whatever consequences come my way. 

She is telling the untruth, she rejects the Name of Jesus and claim his name is made up because it means 'Jehovah is Salvation'.

10 minutes ago, BroRando said:

She is telling the untruth, she rejects the Name of Jesus and claim his name is made up because it means 'Jehovah is Salvation'.

Billy rambo. I think you are more inteligent than you are showing here. You are burbling again Billy.

A lot of what you write is serious stuff, but this is just dribble.  I'll just quote you here. 

52 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:
  22 hours ago, BroRando said:

Then stop speaking ENGLISH and speak Hebrew.

Yeshua means "Yahweh is Salvation"   Get over it you big fake.

You wrote these words. Are you now denying them ? 

48 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

You have admitted that it is Yahweh not Jehovah. 

There is so much new research on this subject.  You guys are behind!   The Hebrew scholar, Nehemiah Gordon,  discovered that no-one had gone in search of manuscripts with the point system of the name of Jehovah fully INCLUDED.  So he wrote a book about all the manuscripts he found online which had the name included with the point system. These prove that the name is pronounced Yehovah!  (Y is pronounced like in Yahweh). Not only does he give the place where the manuscript is stored or on exhibition but he also went to look at each specimen himself to ensure that it was not just a paper dot on the page.  IN some cases he had to get special permission and negotiated to see the original documents. He only found one which was not in real ink. So in conclusion: it is beyond reasonable doubt that the name is Yehovah because it is in writing.  No Jew or Hebrew scholar before him went in search of the name  because they  believed it should not be pronounced. He believes it is the best discovery ever to know the true name of god!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.