The World News Media

Can a Person Resign From Being One of Jehovah’s Witnesses?

Patiently waiting for Truth

1 minute ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Billy rambo. I think you are more inteligent than you are showing here. You are burbling again Billy.

A lot of what you write is serious stuff, but this is just dribble.  I'll just quote you here. 

You wrote these words. Are you now denying them ? 

When you make the false claim that you beleive in Jesus, then slander Jehovah it proves you are unethical and dishonest because Jesus means 'Jehovah is Salvation'.

You're all twisted up in knots.. good.  The Last Days are coming to their end and there is no way out for you.  https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002450

• Views 5k
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are not understanding. Therefore you pray in this way: “Our Father who is in heaven, may Your name be treated as holy.”  Matt 6:9 Jesus and his disciples never used a word that is

You might want to get your facts straight.  I have never "denounced" YHVH/YHWH.  I use it frequently.  And I have never denounced "Adonai", or "Abba", or the "Ancient of Days", or "Elohim".  It is not

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/resign/ Yes. A person can resign from our organization in two ways: By formal request. Either orally or in writing, a person can state his

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

o why don't you use Yehovah then ? 

I speak arabic and understand the way the two  Semitic languages work. An ' Y'  sounds the same as y in yehwah.....   the first syllable in English is a little like the french J......  ...BUT there is NO Ye sound in the English language like the hebrew and we use the closest sound to the original sound.    I use the Ye sound sometimes my first language is afrikaans and we have a similar sound to the original hebrew - Just like Swedish - which I attended meetings in. 

As I have said before - it is about the willingness to know and use the Name.  In arabic they still stick to the Yehwah form.   Jehovah knows we  are talking about him...and this has been the accepted form for a long time.   So to use a title like god is not a personal name.  The other 3 letters HoVaH also gives the name meaning in the semetic languages such as Aramaic, Syrian, etc.

You know all this - I am sure -  Witness  is defaming and blasphemously denouncing the true name of  the living god.

11 minutes ago, Arauna said:

You know all this - I am sure

I am a very 'simple' man of very basic upbringing. I only know English. Having gone through a bad time in my senior school years I just want to leave school and get a basic job. I have remained what i call working class, doing basic jobs and not needing to improve my educaton level. So I will probably continue to be 'not sure' of how YHWH should be written or pronounced. You see Arauna, if I do differently then what am i doing ? I am trusting 'men'. 

18 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Jehovah knows we  are talking about him.

19 minutes ago, Arauna said:

So to use a title like god is not a personal name.

I agree. But in the model prayer, Jesus did not use a personal name for God. 

The Watchtower (1982)

The Model Prayer

The Model Prayer “You must pray, then, this way: ‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth. Give us today our bread for this day; and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the wicked one.’”

I agree Jesus said "let your name be santified" but that brings me back to YHWH. 

40 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

You must pray, then, this way: ‘Our Father in the heavens, l

There are many scriptures that indicate we must have the name of the father and his son on us.  There are also many scriptures which say that we must call on the name of Jehovah to be saved.  I mean the entire Hebrew scriptures showed us who should be worshiped and his name is in the Hebrew scriptures thousands of times.  

I am also a simple person but I have made it my business to find things out.   I did work in many countries  but it was because I was a refugee!

On 11/21/2021 at 8:50 AM, Arauna said:

To twist it like that and use those words!  ....... wow!   If you do interfaith or live a debauched life then you have automatically put yourself out of the congregation and do not receive holy spirit; and angels will not assist you any longer.  God and his organization do not mix with unrepentant people who willfully continue to break his principles! It depends on how long you have done so! 

It is very few people who leave who have not broken some bible principles...... even if it boils down to a very stinky attitude!

The gb already stated they do not have the holy spirit, should they be disfellowsipped?

25 minutes ago, Matthew9969 said:

The gb already stated they do not have the holy spirit, should they be disfellowsipped?

Why would you speak against Holy Spirit?  You're lying.. they said they are not prophets and therefore are not inspired and infalliable but undergoing refinement.  

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

You know all this - I am sure -  Witness  is defaming and blasphemously denouncing the true name of  the living god.

You might want to get your facts straight.  I have never "denounced" YHVH/YHWH.  I use it frequently.  And I have never denounced "Adonai", or "Abba", or the "Ancient of Days", or "Elohim".  It is not blasphemy to say the "Almighty God", or "Father" as Jesus did.  In fact your own bible uses the phrase "Almighty God".   If you think one is righteous for uttering the name "Jehovah", I feel very sorry for you.  

38 minutes ago, Witness said:

You might want to get your facts straight.  I have never "denounced" YHVH/YHWH.  I use it frequently.  And I have never denounced "Adonai", or "Abba", or the "Ancient of Days", or "Elohim".  It is not blasphemy to say the "Almighty God", or "Father" as Jesus did.  In fact your own bible uses the phrase "Almighty God".   If you think one is righteous for uttering the name "Jehovah", I feel very sorry for you.  

Sounds like Witness has been brainwashed by the trinitarians.  Was Jesus was a 14 century blunder. Should we discount Jesus and Joshua that means 'Jehovah is Salvation'?   I guess you also discount Elijah also that means 'My God is Jehovah' as a blunder in the 14 cenutry?

What a fake.  You were never a Jehovah's Witness...  doesn't the Bible claim theat Jesus is the Faithful Witness?  If so, doesn't that make you a False Witness that is bearin false witness?  Then stop using the English trnsnliteration of Jesus or any other name that refers to Jehovah..

Many more names refer to Jehovah.... were all the names that refer change to mean Jehovah?? Partial list attached.Screenshot (224).png

On 11/22/2021 at 8:59 AM, Arauna said:

There is so much new research on this subject.  You guys are behind!   The Hebrew scholar, Nehemiah Gordon,  discovered that no-one had gone in search of manuscripts with the point system of the name of Jehovah fully INCLUDED.  So he wrote a book about all the manuscripts he found online which had the name included with the point system. These prove that the name is pronounced Yehovah! 

https://midwestoutreach.org/2018/02/01/is-gods-name-jehovah/

Is God’s Name Jehovah?

Jehovah’s Witnesses and other Sacred Name groups lit up the Internet last week when Religion News Service claimed, “The original Hebrew name of God re-discovered in 1,000 Bible manuscripts.” At first glance, it sounds like the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has perhaps been vindicated after all for inserting the name Jehovah into their New World Translation:

On January 21, 2018, Bible Scholar Nehemia Gordon and his team of researchers discovered the 1,000th Hebrew Bible manuscript containing the original name of God in Hebrew with vowels.

For two hundred years, scholars have believed based on Greek sources and conjecture that the Hebrew name of God was originally pronounced “Yahweh.” In late 2016, Gordon found never-translated traditional Jewish sources that explicitly identified the vowels of God’s name in Hebrew as “Yehovah.” This is similar to the English Jehovah, but with a “Y” and the emphasis on the final syllable.

This article, however, is more hype than reality. Nehemia Gordon is the leading light in a “revival” of a sect called Karaite Judaism. The Karaites originated in the late eighth century AD. They adhered, as do today’s proponents, to the written text of the Old Testament only, refusing both the Talmud and rabbinic traditions. They considered themselves purists, restoring true Judaism. They regarded use of anything other than the Old Testament as Pharisaism. Some of the Hebrew Roots Movement have been drawn to Gordon because he seems a bit friendly toward Jesus, yet he outright rejects the idea that Jesus is the Messiah.

But what are we to make of the article’s claim of manuscript evidence for this Yehovah pronunciation of God’s name?

Somewhere during the ninth and tenth centuries, a group called the Masoretes arbitrarily put vowels into the Old Testament text in an attempt to standardize pronunciations. The particular Hebrew Manuscript used was the text of ben Ashur. Until the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, it was the oldest Old Testament text we had, and every translation team of the newer Bible versions used it. Again, the vowels are arbitrary, put into the text to standardize pronunciation. Wikipedia notes something important:

It has been suggested that the ben Asher family and the majority of the Masoretes were Karaites.

The vowels were added by the Karaites.

The ben Ashur text – or most of it – is held by Israel. Some of it is lost. It is called the Keter (Crown) and is also referred to as The Aleppo Codex:

The Aleppo Codex (Hebrew: כֶּתֶר אֲרָם צוֹבָא‎ Keter Aram Tzova or Crown of Aleppo) is a medieval bound manuscript of the Hebrew Bible. The codex was written in the city of Tiberias, in what is currently northern Israel, in the 10th century C.E.

So, what we essentially have is a late Jewish restorationist movement (and you thought we only had that in “Christendom”), adding vowels to the Hebrew text and then claiming a newly discovered confirmation of the pronunciation of God’s name!

So, while the headlines may appear to be a breaking story of newly discovered information, it is not new, and the story is contrived. Realistically, how newsworthy would a headline be, reading “One-thousandth Copy of Tenth Century Hebrew Bible with Vowels Arbitrarily Added Has Been Discovered by the Sect That Added the Vowels”?

Like most Watchtower Society “proofs,” it provides no proof at all — just much ado about nothing.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.