The World News Media

THE WATCHTOWER HISTORY OF GOG OF MAGOG

Witness

5 hours ago, Dmitar said:

Can you explain your stance here, since all Christians are representative of God?

I have nothing against the idea that all people, not just Christians, should be "representatives" of God. Whatever anyone thought of the meaning of the word “representative”. But I think it would be more appropriate for all people to be “children of God”. This with the word "representative" immediately creates a caste that thinks they are better and more important than others.

Won't the same question apply to the Ecclesiastical Body under Christ? Shouldn't all Christina's by guided by God's Holy Spirit? Why do you believe, it should be different to that particular body? Wouldn't "witness" and the 4 women be considered the same way, then?

I don't believe in GB concept, in the same way as with any other religious group or individuals. HS is in possibility/able to "guide" all sort of people, not exclusively "Christians".

Why do you believe Jesus didn't revise the laws of the Jews that didn't conform to canonical law? Wasn't that the reason, why certain ecclesiastical bodies joined together in order to condemn, and prosecute Jesus?

These are interesting questions. 

• Views 10.9k
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Instead of acknowledging what Srecko is saying about continuity, you are treating it as if it's a trick question. Like asking if Muhammed Ali ever won a boxing match against Sonny Liston. The answer i

This history is all very interesting. But it's too easy to make statements that aren't exactly accurate, even though you are making them for the good purpose of counteracting someone else's statements

"Therefore Gog still represents, not a visible human ruler or nation, such as Russia, but a spirit ruler. Whom, then, does Gog symbolize?   It is evident now that Gog is a figure prophetic of the rule

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I have nothing against the idea that all people, not just Christians, should be "representatives" of God.

Does this mean that Buddhism, Hinduism, Satanism, Wicca, etc. are representatives of God? You would be correct, we are all children of God. Do those children behave or believe they are?

If a child of God is an atheist, wouldn't a Christian representative that does believe in God be a better person in the eyes of God?

12 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I don't believe in GB concept, in the same way as with any other religious group or individuals. HS is in possibility/able to "guide" all sort of people, not exclusively "Christians".

This would suggest you have a problem with titles. Do you think Jesus was wrong to give the "apostles" their title of apostles? Do you believe, Jesus had an issue with the ecclesiastical bodies titles of his time? The Pharisees, Sadducee's, and any other school of thought?

Is Christ representative of Christianity or Judaism? Therefore, how would the Holy Spirit guide the sort of people that are into  Buddhism, Hinduism, Satanism, Wicca, etc.? Hindus believe in "reincarnation" of the soul. How would the HS flow in an animal, or plant? Buddhist believe in the "rebirth" of man. Rebirth is the sense, the soul never dies but is recycled within itself. 

How about people that identify themselves as Judeo-Christian. Can the HS guide those that align themselves to a tradition that was revised by Christ himself? 

23 hours ago, Dmitar said:

I'm sad to see you did not keep your word, and you are now just an obnoxious fool, like @Pudgy Satan has really gotten a hold of you. The same kind of tasteless and foolishness you just posted. I guess you can't be civil.

Thank you for the compliments. 

Let me tell you about my day... This morning at 7 am I went for a lovely walk along our local seafront and onto the pebble beach. The sun shone and i was listening to some great music through my cans (headphones). Then suddenly i spotted a dead dolphin on the beach. Quite sad to see, but life and death happen. 

Earlier this evening I spent sometime on my computer looking at MSN. Some very sad stories and horrible pictures. It's show what a mess the world is in.

So, Dimmy, Bily, Allen, i have visited this forum now for some light entertainment, which you always provide for me :).

Thank you for the light entertainemnt and for giving me something, or someone to laugh at. You brighten up my day.

1 minute ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Thank you for the light entertainemnt and for giving me something, or someone to laugh at. You brighn up my day

Foolish people do laugh at themselves. Glad you believe your poor behavior is hilarious to you. This must mean, you entertain yourself daily. I'm sure God doesn't find you amusing or funny. How would I know that, read and understand the bible.

1 minute ago, Dmitar said:

Foolish people do laugh at themselves. Glad you believe your poor behavior is hilarious to you. This must mean, you entertain yourself daily. I'm sure God doesn't find you amusing or funny. How would I know that, read and understand the bible.

More light entertainment, thanks Billy Allan. You sure are a funny person.

1 minute ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

More light entertainment, thanks Billy Allan. You sure are a funny person.

I'm sure you woke up bitter with the intention to do battle. Find another one of your kind to fight with, and you're correct, you are not an entertaining person, just an angry and sad one like @Pudgy

23 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

Does this mean that Buddhism, Hinduism, Satanism, Wicca, etc. are representatives of God? You would be correct, we are all children of God. Do those children behave or believe they are?

If a child of God is an atheist, wouldn't a Christian representative that does believe in God be a better person in the eyes of God?

I do not know the details of their hierarchy and theology on this issue. How members of other religions feel before God should be learned from themselves.

If we accept the fact that God is the Creator of men, then He is also their Father. 

44 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

This would suggest you have a problem with titles. Do you think Jesus was wrong to give the "apostles" their title of apostles? Do you believe, Jesus had an issue with the ecclesiastical bodies titles of his time? The Pharisees, Sadducee's, and any other school of thought?

To my knowledge, Jesus did not establish a system of titles. In fact, he told his followers, "you are all brothers."

Remind me where Jesus appointed his first followers to receive the title of "apostles"?

From the day of his baptism to the rest of his life, Jesus had a problem with the established system in the hierarchy of the Jewish system. When using their titles, he used existing words that signified the established hierarchy of the people of that time. Jesus did not grant anyone any title or status. That already existed. Or the terminology used today was established after his death.

1 hour ago, Dmitar said:

Is Christ representative of Christianity or Judaism? Therefore, how would the Holy Spirit guide the sort of people that are into  Buddhism, Hinduism, Satanism, Wicca, etc.? Hindus believe in "reincarnation" of the soul. How would the HS flow in an animal, or plant? Buddhist believe in the "rebirth" of man. Rebirth is the sense, the soul never dies but is recycled within itself. 

How about people that identify themselves as Judeo-Christian. Can the HS guide those that align themselves to a tradition that was revised by Christ himself? 

Why do you worry about what HS can or can’t do? :) 

29 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I do not know the details of their hierarchy and theology on this issue. How members of other religions feel before God should be learned from themselves.

If we accept the fact that God is the Creator of men, then He is also their Father. 

As well, they should be aware there is a heavenly creator. It's sad those religions follow their own interpretation on what creation is, such as science. Wicca members believe in the 4 corners of the earth, elements. Who do you believe would be the most appropriate person to guide such people?

To my knowledge, Jesus did not establish a system of titles. In fact, he told his followers, "you are all brothers."

Remind me where Jesus appointed his first followers to receive the title of "apostles"?

This is true, under God, all true Christians are brothers. I'll be happy to provide how Jesus appointed the apostles.

Mark 3:13-19

New International Reader's Version

Jesus Appoints the Twelve Disciples

13 Jesus went up on a mountainside. He called for certain people to come to him, and they came. 14 He appointed 12 of them so that they would be with him. He would also send them out to preach. 15 And he gave them authority to drive out demons.

From the day of his baptism to the rest of his life, Jesus had a problem with the established system in the hierarchy of the Jewish system. When using their titles, he used existing words that signified the established hierarchy of the people of that time. Jesus did not grant anyone any title or status. That already existed. Or the terminology used today was established after his death.

Does this mean, you believe Jesus "opposed" those with titles? Shouldn't there be a difference between "rejecting" with oppose? Matthew 23:3. You don't believe, the status of apostle is a rightful title. It is true, Jesus rejected any "earthly" title such as King. 

Why do you worry about what HS can or can’t do?

Isn't it you that has been talking about the HS? I have no concern on how the Holy Spirit functions in a soul that merits it. My question to you was in, how the HS would work in people that don't believe in a heavenly creator, since you believe everyone is deserving of it, not just Christians. The foundation of Christianity established by Christ himself. 🤔

@Srecko Sostar

Food for thought. What do suppose Titus meant in Chapter 1? Aren't Elders spiritual leaders? Isn't Elder a title?

Qualifications for Elders

5 This is why I left you in Crete, so that you might put what remained into order, and appoint elders in every town as I directed you— 6 if anyone is above reproach, the husband of one wife,3 and his children are believers and not open to the charge of debauchery or insubordination. 7 For an overseer,4 as God’s steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, 8 but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. 9 He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in xsound5 doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.

10 For there are many who are insubordinate, empty talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision party. 11 They must be silenced, since they are upsetting whole families by teaching for shameful gain what they ought not to teach. 12 One of the Cretans,6 a prophet of their own, said, “Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons.”7 13 This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, 14 not devoting themselves to Jewish myths and the commands of people who turn away from the truth. 15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. 16 They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.

Do you believe by man’s definition of the word “insubordinate” 1? Defiant of authority; disobedient to orders, carries God’s Holy Spirit as believed by “witness” anointed prophet Pearl Doxsey?

Now on the word “works” What can be expressed with that word, action. Therefore, by Their works (actions) they deny God. How can a person that denies God by being insubordinate be considered, anointed?

37 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

That must be some sort of "holy secret".

To what end are you referring? Did Jesus hold his miracles in secret? How about the apostles? They were full of God's Holy Spirit. But, we don't have Jesus and the apostles to literally show us the power of God's grace. What do we have instead?

Elders (1:5–9)

The first subject of this letter provided Titus with instructions concerning church leaders. Verse 5 states Titus’s task, and the following verses in the paragraph identify the character qualities needed in the new leaders.

Titus was to appoint leaders in every place where there was a group of believers. Probably the entire congregation selected these leaders with the encouragement of Titus. He had the official responsibility, as a representative of Paul, to appoint them to office.

How can you qualify an "overseer" as?

Gog just emailed me, he said he's gonna have to put things on hold, this D-matar was causing a back log in research and development. These new developments caused Jehovah to double check his math and chronology. In the meantime Gog is clutching his groin cause he has to pee really really bad. Can you guys just figure things out for jehovah so the magogites can set up some portapoties please.