The World News Media

The Days of Distress are coming to their end...

BroRando

Wave.jpg

"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever," (Daniel 2:44)

"During that time {Jesus Christ} will stand up, the Great Prince who is standing in behalf of your people. And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book." (Daniel 12:1)

That time is what? A time of distress. You're not alone, others are feeling the pangs of distress also. This day or time of distress doesn't last forever. A new administration is being ushered in as you are reading this article and this time of distress is about to come to their end for those who are written in the Book.

Jehovah is “the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our trials.” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4) Pray to Jehovah, who is the hearer of prayer and ask for help, then end your prayer in the name of his only begotten son, Jesus Christ.

• Views 3.3k
    • Replies 50
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But look at that picture. DOOM and GLOOM, FEAR mongering.  The Watchtower way.  JWs have always used this approach. Physical distruction wipes out everything and everyone in it's path. Almig

Continue down in Dan 12 -  The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, 

That was on the closed club for JWs Only. But here is some of it again. Note however that Witness is somewhat correct that the actual term "image" from Rev 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, and 20 has not been used

Posted Images

6 hours ago, BroRando said:

new administration is being ushered in as you are reading this article and this time of distress is about to come t

Unfortunately, it is now the time for the "image of the beast " to rule with its ten kings. When Jehovah thinks the time is right, he will put it in the hearts of these kings to turn against their former partners - the world empire of false religion. Then the last of all worldly structures will really start to fall apart - even those structures which belong to the kings who planned and are behind this "great reset. "

The article above was done to inspire confidence in the kingdom government of jehovah. This is true.... jehovahs purpose will triumph above all these "beastly" endeavours. But it is still a little while longer..... our endurance is needed.  Jehovah is in control and allowing this to play out. Once all is done - humans will have irrefutable proof that human governments are totally corrupt and not worth having around. 

But look at that picture. DOOM and GLOOM, FEAR mongering.  The Watchtower way. 

JWs have always used this approach. Physical distruction wipes out everything and everyone in it's path.

Almighty God and Jesus Christ do not act that way. Each indivdual will be judged as such, an individual. 

God's message through Christ should be taught with love, not fear. 

On 1/14/2022 at 4:00 PM, BroRando said:

"During that time {Jesus Christ} will stand up, the Great Prince who is standing in behalf of your people. And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book." (Daniel 12:1)

Continue down in Dan 12 - 

The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, “It will be for a time, times and half a time. When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.” Dan 12:7

The “holy people” are the same people mentioned in your scripture of Dan 12:1.  "Your people" are Daniel's people of Israel.  Today's "Israel" are God's chosen "holy people".  Why is their power broken?  How does that occur?

“From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.  Dan 12:11

Who are to offer daily sacrifices?  It would be the chosen priests of God.  (Isa 43:10; 1 Pet 2:9)

In the ancient Temple setting:  “Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.”  Heb 10:11

What about today’s anointed priests of God’s spiritual Temple? (1 Cor 3:16) Are they to offer spiritual sacrifices?   

“you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.” 1 Pet 2:5

They are an active priesthood, aren't they! 

“Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.”  Heb 13:15

However, Dan 12:11 is calling the abolishment, the removal of daily sacrifices, as the “abomination that causes desolation”. 

“His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.”  Dan 11:31

The power of the holy people/priesthood, as the “living stones” of the Temple of God, has been broken.  The daily sacrifices are no more. The holy people/priests are no longer sought out as God’s spiritual messengers.  (Mal 2:7) Although they carry God’s laws on their heart, they have been silenced and cannot teach them.  (Heb 8:10)

Where is this happening? 

“Representing the royal priesthood are appointed elders, who serve in positions of responsibility in congregations of Jehovah’s people around the earth. These men deserve our respect and wholehearted support, whether they are of the anointed or not. Why? Because, through his holy spirit, Jehovah has appointed the older men to their positions.”

“And give these rebels, the people of Israel, this message from the Sovereign Lord: O people of Israel, enough of your detestable sins! You have brought uncircumcised foreigners into my sanctuary—people who have no heart for God. In this way, you *defiled my Temple even as you offered me my food, the fat and blood of sacrifices. In addition to all your other detestable sins, you have broken my covenantInstead of safeguarding my sacred rituals, you have hired foreigners to take charge of my sanctuary.”  Ezek 44:6-8

The “Gentile”/foreigners/elders offer “sacrifices of praise” as representatives of the priesthood. They offer the majority of their praises to “Jehovah’s organization” – an idol. (Rev 13:1,2,4)

The power of the holy people – of the holy priesthood and “living stones” of God’s Temple  – has been broken.  As a people they have been trampled, and as they are trampled down by the word of men, truth is also “thrown to the ground”.  Dan 8:12,13

2 Thess 2:3,4 -  Don’t be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessnessis revealed—the one who brings destruction.

He will exalt himself and defy everything that people call god and every object of worship. He will even sit in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God.

What is that great rebellion against God?

Rather than challenge their authority, we truly appreciate our hardworking elders! Their record of faithful service, often over many decades, inspires our trust.”

The apostle Paul declared to the anointed priests –

“Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?  If anyone *defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.”  1 Cor 3:16,17

If any anointed are reading this, consider who it is that says they are representing you as a priest, and by doing so they have "entered" the Temple of  God.  Consider that these elders rule over you, that they have been given false power to judge you as worthy or unworthy of God’s Holy Spirit.  (Rom 14:4; Gal 1:10; Rev 13:15)

Is this a decree that has come down from God?  Would God condone the removal of His priests, the silencing of His decrees?  Has He ever agreed to this?

"But you and your sons will carry out your priestly responsibilities for everything concerning the altar and for what is inside the curtain, and you will do that work. I am giving you the work of the priesthood as a gift, but an unauthorized person who comes near the sanctuary will be put to death." Num 18:7

Elders, many of you are leaving the Wt, many more had better take note and do the same. (1 Cor 3:17; 2 Thess 2:3,4,8)  Please don’t treat God’s word on the matter of His royal priesthood, as not applying to you.  It is an “abomination” for anyone not anointed to rule over, silence, or order God’s priests not to bond together under Jesus Christ their Head, as your magazine has told them. 

“But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where he ought not to be (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.”  Mar 13:14

Abomination of Desolation toward the Constant Feature

On 1/16/2022 at 11:40 AM, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Almighty God and Jesus Christ do not act that way

Usually Jehovah searches for a reason to show compassion and mercy.  At Armageddon the chance for His mercy will be in the past. There comes a time when Jehovah has to remove the wicked because they will put an all-uot attack on his people.  Good people suffered because of the wicked.  So your view is really short sighted.  I have lived in countries where life is really hard for good people to live amongst the wicked, so I can understand that Jehovah has to bring an end to wickedness. 

The world has turned wicked beyond redemption with lies, deceit and science which has gone unimaginably rogue.  If you want to deny what is going on - do so.  It is your prerogative.  Too many people will soon be dying from interventions which has nothing to do with them being wicked or good.  They are just no longer wanted on this planet and the wicked will have decided their fate. "unforeseen death" is the 4th and pale horse riding in this time.

Jehovah is the one who will exact due punishment where justice requires it.  I do not think you have read the scriptures such as this one: And to the others he said in my hearing: “Go through the city after him and strike. Do not let your eye feel sorry, and do not feel any compassion.+ 6  The land is filled with bloodshed,+ and the city is full of corruption.+ For they say, ‘Jehovah has left the land, and Jehovah is not seeing.’+ 10  But as for me, my eye will not feel sorry; nor will I show compassion.+ The consequences of their way I will bring down on their own head.”11  

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

And to the others he said in my hearing: “Go through the city after him and strike. Do not let your eye feel sorry, and do not feel any compassion.+ 6  The land is filled with bloodshed,+ and the city is full of corruption.+ For they say, ‘Jehovah has left the land, and Jehovah is not seeing.’+ 10  But as for me, my eye will not feel sorry; nor will I show compassion.+ The consequences of their way I will bring down on their own head.”11  

This is from Ezekiel, chapter 9

What city is God referring to?

What is God upset about?

He said to me, “Son of man, do you see what they are doing here—more detestable acts that the house of Israel is committingso that I must depart from my sanctuary? You will see even more detestable acts.”  Ezek 8:6

An "abomination" has entered God's Temple.  Today, the same has occurred on a spiritual level in the "holy city"/"Jerusalem" of "Israel",  within the Watchtower.   Matt 24:14-16 

"So he brought me to the inner court of the Lord’s house, and there were about twenty-five men at the entrance of the Lord’s temple, between the portico and the altar, with their backs to the Lord’s temple and their faces turned to the east. They were bowing to the east in worship of the sun. 17 And he said to me, “Do you see this, son of man? Is it not enough for the house of Judah to commit the detestable acts they are doing here, that they must also fill the land with violence and repeatedly anger me, even putting the branch to their nose? 18 Therefore I will respond with wrath. I will not show pity or spare them. Though they call loudly in my hearing, I will not listen to them.”  Ezek 8:16-18

Revelation 11:1,2 - Then I was given a measuring reed like a rod, with these words: “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count those who worship there. 2 But exclude the courtyard outside the temple. Don’t measure it, because it is given to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months. 

"Israel's" leadership, the GB, are responsible for the "abomination standing in the holy place".  They have given "Gentiles" the authority to replace the anointed priests, and "enter" the Temple of God.   Through these "Gentiles", an idol stands in the spiritual Temple of God. (1 Cor 3:16; Eph 2:20-22)  

That idol is "Jehovah's organization" represented by the elder body. 

And what organization is predicted by "Israel's" leaders to be the only one to survive Wt.'s Armageddon?   You guessed it.

Armageddon focuses on "Israel" and the Gentile nations with them  - they  face the "day of the Lord".  

"They worshiped the dragon because he gave authority to the beast. And they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to wage war against it?”  Rev 13:4

Is it not taught that no other organization, political entity, or a "coalition of nations" can wage war against the Watchtower, and win?

On 1/14/2022 at 10:29 PM, Arauna said:

Unfortunately, it is now the time for the "image of the beast " to rule with its ten kings.

Whatever you think the "image of the Beast is", I believe you missed out on some "new light".  It has been about 10 years since the Wt. called the "image", the UN.  Whether that meshes with your understanding, I don't know.  But, I do know that the UN is not trashed lately as the bad guy, or the bad beast by the organization. How can they trash an entity that is empathetic to the JW plight in Russia?  Focus is on a political "coalition of nations", whose origins seem a bit obscure. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they have pinpointed exactly what countries these armies will march from and seek out every JW across the world.    Are you prophesying according to your personal understanding, or an out-of-date understanding of the organization, or the now in place, adjusted "new light" of your leadership?

Who is telling the truth?  

2 hours ago, Witness said:

Are you prophesying according to your personal understanding, or an out-of-date understanding of the organization, or the now in place, adjusted "new light" of your leadership?

Interesting statement when most of your understanding is personal and not based on bible knowledge. It seems you hung around that former witness Pearl Doxsey too long. There are many earthly components to that image. Those components are being identified. Not here, but in those that take scripture seriously.

2 hours ago, Witness said:

has been about 10 years since the Wt. called the "image", the UN.  Whether

A brother put up a link to the current information regarding the "image of the beast". Go read it please and then bandy false information around. 

21 hours ago, Arauna said:

A brother put up a link to the current information regarding the "image of the beast". Go read it please and then bandy false information around. 

That was on the closed club for JWs Only. But here is some of it again. Note however that Witness is somewhat correct that the actual term "image" from Rev 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, and 20 has not been used since 2012, [in the WT or books] which is nearly 10 years. But the same idea is tied to Rev 17 (the scarlet-colored beast) which has been used as a more direct reference to the UN.

*** w20 May p. 7 pars. 17-18 “The King of the North” in the Time of the End ***
    17 The king of the north has supported the king of the south in one key endeavor; they “put in place the disgusting thing that causes desolation.” (Dan. 11:31) That “disgusting thing” is the United Nations.
    18 The United Nations organization is described as a “disgusting thing” because it claims to be able to do something that only God’s Kingdom can do—bring world peace. And the prophecy says that the disgusting thing “causes desolation” because the United Nations will play a key role in the destruction of all false religion.—See the chart “Rival Kings in the Time of the End.”

*** w19 September pp. 10-11 par. 11 Armageddon Is Good News! ***
    Jehovah will destroy “the great prostitute” by means of “the ten horns” of “a scarlet-colored wild beast.” That figurative wild beast represents the United Nations. The ten horns represent the current political powers supporting that organization.

*** w19 October p. 15 par. 3 Stay Faithful Through the “Great Tribulation” ***
    God will put his thought into the hearts of “the ten horns” of the “scarlet-colored wild beast.” The ten horns represent all the political powers that support “the wild beast”—the United Nations. (Rev. 17:3, 11-13; 18:8) When those political powers turn on false religion, that will mark the beginning of the great tribulation. It will be a truly catastrophic world event.

*** w15 7/15 p. 15 pars. 4-5 “Your Deliverance Is Getting Near”! ***
    Jehovah God will put “his thought” into the hearts of “the ten horns” of the “scarlet-colored wild beast.” These horns represent all the present political powers that give support to the United Nations, an organization pictured by the “scarlet-colored wild beast.”—Read Revelation 17:3, 16-18.
    5 Should we conclude, though, that the destruction of the religions of Babylon the Great results in the death of all the former members of those religions? Apparently not.

*** w14 10/15 p. 19 Milestones in My Life of Kingdom Service ***
    The Bible foretold that the League would be replaced, leading to a time of relative peace. And so it was that in 1945, World War II ended. After that, the “beast” reappeared as the United Nations. Jehovah’s Witnesses then expanded their global preaching work, and what a great increase there has been ever since!

*** w13 7/15 pp. 4-5 par. 6 “Tell Us, When Will These Things Be?” ***
    In the larger fulfillment, the “standing” will occur when the United Nations (the modern-day “disgusting thing”) attacks Christendom (which is holy in the eyes of nominal Christians) and the rest of Babylon the Great. The same attack is described at Revelation 17:16-18. That event will be the beginning of the great tribulation.

*** ws12 6/15 pp. 17-18 par. 13 Jehovah Reveals What “Must Shortly Take Place” ***
    The League of Nations disappeared when World War II started. During that war, God’s people said that according to the prophecy in Revelation, this organization would appear again. That is exactly what happened, and now the organization is called the United Nations.—Revelation 17:8.

*** ws12 6/15 p. 18 par. 15 Jehovah Reveals What “Must Shortly Take Place” ***
    The religions of Christendom are surely part of Babylon the Great. False religions have publicly supported the image of the beast, that is, the League of Nations and the United Nations, and they have tried to direct these organizations.

4 hours ago, JW Insider said:

*** w20 May p. 7 pars. 17-18 “The King of the North” in the Time of the End ***
    17 The king of the north has supported the king of the south in one key endeavor; they “put in place the disgusting thing that causes desolation.” (Dan. 11:31) That “disgusting thing” is the United Nations.
    18 The United Nations organization is described as a “disgusting thing” because it claims to be able to do something that only God’s Kingdom can do—bring world peace. And the prophecy says that the disgusting thing “causes desolation” because the United Nations will play a key role in the destruction of all false religion.—See the chart “Rival Kings in the Time of the End.”

Thank you for the quotes.

That “disgusting thing” is the United Nations.
    18 The United Nations organization is described as a “disgusting thing” because it claims to be able to do something that only God’s Kingdom can do—bring world peace.

Matt 24:15 - “So when you see the “disgusting thing” - the abomination of desolation,spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place” (let the reader understand)… 

The scriptures provide the definition of the disgusting thing.  It is the trampling of the Temple of God, not that the UN “claims to be able to do something that only God’s Kingdom can do”. (Although that is what the Wt. organization claims, that spiritual peace and security are found within it.  1 Thess 5:3)    Daniel defines the abomination/disgusting thing quite clearly as affecting the Temple of God and His holy people, not all religions. It is the fourth Beast of Dan 7:7.  The footnote for “abomination” (Matt 24:15) refers to Dan 9  (Dan 9:24-27; Luke 17:26,27; Rev 12:1-3,15; 16:13-16).   Jerusalem and the Temple (1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22) are affected by the abomination. (Dan 7:25; 8:11,12,24)  We know the first fulfillment of this was in the first century, but there is another spoken of in Revelation which was written after Jerusalem’s destruction.  (Isa 26:13; 2 Thess 2:4; Rev 11:1-3; 13:1,2,5-7,11,12,15; 2 Chron 23:6)

So Wt concentrates on the scarlet-colored wild beast; and as you say, skips over Rev 13 that mentions the “image” of the Beast, how it became that way, and that describes both the Wild Beast and the Beast/false prophet that directs it.  Why do they avoid these scriptures?  The primary target of the Wild Beast are the “saints”, not Christendom or false religion. (Rev 13:5-7)  And the saints are in the Watchtower, whose leaders avoid the truth.  These are the same leaders who have given breath/life to the “image of the Beast”, promoted as “Jehovah’s spirit-directed organization”, which now, even that label they are trying to drop and tuck away...out of sight.

4 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Note however that Witness is somewhat correct that the actual term "image" from Rev 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, and 20

Rev 14 – Three messengers/angels warn of the consequences of those worshiping the Beast and its image, and having its mark on the forehead; and it continues describing two harvests, of righteous “wheat” from the “earth” ,and the unrighteous ripened grapes from the vine of Sodom. (Deut 32:32; Rev 8:10,11; 17:1; (Matt 3:12; Joel 2:12,13; 3:13,14)   If Wt is correct in their interpretation of the Beast, I would guess THEY would provide these three messengers to sound the warning throughout the earth?  But, they have ignored this chapter that speaks of the spirit-directed image of the Beast, for ten years; and they wait with baited breath for Armageddon to break out any day now. 

Rev 15 speaks of those who have gained victory over the Beast, since Rev 13:5-7 describes its war against the saints.  The victorious ones fell captive to the Beast, were “killed” by the Beast, but through their testimony of truth, gained eternal life. (Rev 11:7; 14:13)

Rev 16 – God’s wrath in the form of spiritual plagues against those who killed the saints and the prophets.  It describes the battle of Armageddon against…again, God’s saints, the “kings of the earth” (Rev 1:5) who are gathered by the Wild Beast, the false prophet, and Satan…to be flooded with lies – “demonic expressions”.  Rev 16:13-16

Rev 19 - The false prophet/Harlot of Rev 13:11 who has broken her covenant with God, is judged.  The Beast who warred with the saints, and the false prophet who approved of it, are both thrown into the lake of fire - the judgment by God's word.  Jer 23:29  This entire war is based on deceit.  It is not seen with the visible eye as the wars happening in the world.  (Eph 6:12)

The leaders don’t like touching Rev 20, because of Gog and Magog and when Satan was released from the abyss.  Why upset the thought of a peaceful thousand years to come after Armageddon, with another visit by Gog!  Plus, there are those mentioned who never worshipped the Beast.  Who are they?  Why are there some who are victorious at winning the war against the Beast in chapter 15, rejecting its mark and are killed by it, and others who never faced the Beast – who never fell captive to it and “worshipped” it?  It is because of their flawed timetable of when Christ’s thousand years began and when it ended – with the advent of the Wt.  

“As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom ten kings shall arise, and another shall arise after them; he shall be different from the former ones, and shall put down three kings.”  Dan 7:24

The Beast “kills” three kings – the same three messengers of Revelation 14 that declares its sins and warn of the coming judgment against the Beast and the false prophet/Harlot. 

“He shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and shall think to change the times and the law; and they shall be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.”  Dan 7:25

Is the United Nations going to capture all the anointed saints, (Rev 13:10), kill those who stand up to it when giving “testimony of Jesus”, and refuse its mark/identity (Rev 13:15;12:17)?  And  then…will  they be resurrected to declare its sins as the two witnesses/three messengers in Revelation 14?  (Rev 11:1-3,7)

The Watchtower is the Wild Beast, the present GB entity is a "head" that direct it. (Rev 13:12) The organization/"Gentile" elder body is the "disgusting thing standing in the holy place"; which is the spiritual Temple of God, just as the abomination/disgusting thing was the Gentile Roman army in the first century, desecrating the temple in Jerusalem.  2 Thess 2:3,4 There is unity throughout God's word to help us understand end time fulfillment.   Watchtower makes up its fabrications, purposefully throwing all unity and definitions of scripture aside, to hide the truth.  

Once again, a Jehovah's Witness @JW Insider "defending" a bible uneducated former witness by using "literal" wordplay, instead of understanding scripture by not manipulating literature to ensure a bad report.

What does the image of the wild beast, represent in the time of spiritual Israel? Not that Jehovah's Witnesses here fair any better, but the U.N. can be one component. 

Zechariah 9:15

[And they shall devour, and subdue] Or more probably (as in the margin), "shall tread on, the stones of the sling," as in the image of leviathan in Job, "The son of the bow will not make him flee; sling-stones are to him turned into stubble; clubs are counted as stubble; he laugheth at the shaking of a spear" (Job 41:20-21 (28,29 English)). Their enemies shall fall under them, as harmless and as of little account as the slingstones which have missed their aim, and lie as the road to be passed over. It is not expressed what they shall devour, and so the image is not carried out, but left indefinite, as destruction or absorption only; as in that, "thou shalt consume (literally, eat) all the people which the Lord thy God shall deliver thee" (Deut 7:16); and, "they are our bread" (Num 14:9); and in that, "they shall devour (literally, eat) all the people round about" (Zech 12:6), where the image is of fire, not of eating. The one thought seems to be, that their enemies should cease to be, so as to molest them any more, whether by ceasing to be their enemies or by ceasing to be. There is no comparison here, (as in Balaam) with the lion; or of eating flesh or drinking blood, which, apart from the image of the wild beast, would be intolerable to Israel, to whom the use of blood, even of animals, was so strictly forbidden. They should disappear, as completely as fuel before the fire, or food before the hungry. The fire was invigorated, not extinguished, by the multitude of the fuel: the multitude of the enemies but nerved and braced those, whom they sought to destroy.

Rev 13:15

15-17 And there was given to him [the ability] to give animation to the image of the Wild Beast, to the end that also the image of the Wild Beast should utter words, and that it should cause as many as do not worship the image of the Wild Beast to be put to death. And he causes all, those who are lowly in station and those who are great, and those who are wealthy and those who are poverty-stricken, and those who are freemen and those who are slaves, to be given a mark of identification upon their hand, the right one, or upon their forehead, to the end that no one should be able to buy or sell except he who has the mark of identification consisting of the name of the Wild Beast or the number which stands for his name.

*** w60 2/1 p. 89 par. 34 Part 31—“Your Will Be Done on Earth” ***
    34 The seven-headed scarlet-colored beast was again out of the abyss, and on January 10, 1946, its first General Assembly opened in London, England. It was the same beast, for the United Nations had a striking resemblance to the League of Nations, which now closed up and later turned over its physical properties to the U.N. So Daniel 11:31 does not disprove that the “abomination that makes desolate” was first given life in 1919 by the seventh world power, the king of the south. Rather, Daniel 11:31 implies that this abominable “image of the wild beast” was to be plunged into the abyss of helplessness by the Nazi king of the north through bringing on another world war; and that the abominable “image” for international worship was to be brought out with the aid of the Communist king of the north. Seen in this light, Daniel 11:31 and Daniel 8:11-14 are in full harmony with each other. Together, they are in agreement with Revelation 13:11-15 and Revelation 17:7-11. Jehovah’s angel showed the truth.