The World News Media

Will Life Ever Return to Normal? How the Bible Can Help in a Post-Pandemic World

BroRando

The Bible foretold not only the serious problems we now face but also the better times we can expect soon. It describes a future that is way beyond what human governments could hope to achieve, one that only God can provide. “He will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.”—Revelation 21:4.

Jehovah’s Witnesses take comfort in the Bible’s promises of a bright future, and this helps them to see beyond the pandemic. They also support one another by obeying the Bible’s command to gather regularly for worship. (Hebrews 10:24, 25) Everyone is welcome to attend the meetings of Jehovah’s Witnesses, which are being held virtually during the pandemic.

Others agree that joining together with Jehovah’s Witnesses for worship has been helpful during these difficult times. For example, a woman infected with COVID-19 accepted an invitation to join Jehovah’s Witnesses’ virtual meetings.

These meetings helped her emotionally despite her ongoing health issues from the virus. She later said: “I feel that I am part of this family too. Reading the Bible gives me peace of mind and inner calm. It helps me focus on my hope for the future instead of my problems. Thank you for helping me find that connection with God that I have sought all my life.”

Read More...

• Views 4.2k
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Things are so absolutely nutty nowadays, that I’m beginning to wonder if Gog of Magog it’s not a specific personality, and the name Joe Biden comes immediately to mind. I wish I knew.

Agendas are met to spread deception and confuse the people. They are met to re-write what we know, be it history or Scripture. The Higher Education System is flawed and the unaware cannot see the dang

The Bible foretold not only the serious problems we now face but also the better times we can expect soon. It describes a future that is way beyond what human governments could hope to achieve, one th

Posted Images

17 hours ago, BroRando said:

Others agree that joining together with Jehovah’s Witnesses for worship has been helpful during these difficult times. For example, a woman infected with COVID-19 accepted an invitation to join Jehovah’s Witnesses’ virtual meetings.

Yes it's a wondeful Social Club. But so are many churches. But just like the Watchtower / JW Org, they all tell lies. 

And they are all dangerous places to be. Child Sexual Abuse is in all these false religions including the JW Org. 

This online stuff does have one good point. At least your perverts are not in the same room as the innocent young children, hopefuly. 

20 hours ago, BroRando said:

Jehovah’s Witnesses take comfort in the Bible’s promises of a bright future

Anyone can take comfort in the Bible's promises, but there is no comfort derived from the doctrine of men; and the two, the scriptures and men's fabricated stories, are not to be mixed.  (2 Cor 6:14; 2 Pet 2:1-19)  For those who sold their houses and prepared for Armageddon to arrive in 1975...did they take comfort in realizing they were told a lie?  What happened after that date, to the membership number?  It plunged by almost 51,000 members when 1977 arrived.  Why?   Because people realized they were duped by false prophets, and there is no "waiting on Jehovah" to fix it. (Matt 7:15)   We are independently responsible for turning away from falsehoods and the people who speak them. (1 John 4:1)

You may say in your heart, “How shall we know the word which YHWH has not spoken?” 22 When a prophet speaks in YHWH's name, if the thing doesn’t follow, nor happen, that is the thing which YHWH has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You shall not be afraid of him.

"But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.”  Deut 18:21,22,20

Besides blaming the rank and file for following a failed promise spoken by false prophets, do you know what JW leaders say about their predictions that don't come true?

The serpent (GB) said to the woman, "No, you will certainly not die!"  Gen 3:4

"You are of your father, the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and doesn’t stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks on his own; for he is a liar, and the father of lies."  John 8:44

"The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule by their own authority; and my people love to have it so. What will you do in the end of it?"  Jer 5:31

When your predictions made in "in the name of God" that you promote to all who perhaps 'love to have it so'...your predictions that do not come true, what will you and those you have misled, do in the end of it? 

Please think about the precarious tight rope that you are walking on, bold-faced in front of God and Jesus Christ.

21 hours ago, Witness said:

You may say in your heart, “How shall we know the word which YHWH has not spoken?” 22 When a prophet speaks in YHWH's name, if the thing doesn’t follow, nor happen, that is the thing which YHWH has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You shall not be afraid of him.

Generations of JW members, both those who came “from the world” and those born because their parents are JW members, have brought themselves into a state of obedience to GB “prophets” even though “prophecies” (and doctrines) were false. According to the quoted biblical passage, it is obviously a great fear not to offend the “prophets” but also not to fall under the condemnation of the “false prophet” as this would mean excommunication from the JW community of believers and spiritual/physical "persecution".

As for the title of the topic. “Normality” wasn’t even before the pandemic, so I don’t see why people would aspire to the old state. Obviously they are not aware that the "old normal" was not good, but they have become accustomed to such a state.
After a while, this "new normal", no matter what it looks like, will become "normal" because people will have to adjust and accept what will be inevitable.
The “old normal” has steered the world into decay, and the “new normal” will not deviate from the “old path that leads to ruin”.

30 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

As for the title of the topic. “Normality” wasn’t even before the pandemic, so I don’t see why people would aspire to the old state.

Do you remember the organization's slogan for pioneers?  "The Best Life Ever".  Since covid, that "life" was interrupted, the freedom to preach house to house with coffee breaks in between, was stopped.  The same goes for construction on Ramapo. So, I am guessing that the "normal" that JWs would like to see return is their freedom to spread their news, and build Ramapo.    The interesting thing is, 1914 was to signify the "day of the Lord".  That "day" to come upon "Israel" according to scripture, would be the farthest thing from the "best life ever".  Amos 5:16-25; Luke 17:27-30

To the bible impaired. I have three questions.

1. Does this mean, the first century churches were "bad" houses of worship?

2. Did Jesus consider the Temple dangerous for children, even though he visited one at age 12? Luke 2:41-52

3. Those that bring religion inside their home. Does that mean that house, has become a dangerous place for children?

I'm interested in finding out, what kind of message you are conveying to install "fear" in the hearts of children?

Oooh! Ooooh! Oooh! 

( … sits on haunches and waves front paw for attention!) I have one simple question for Dmitar.

Of the several hundred, perhaps thousands of questions Dmitar has asked, most calling for Essay length responses, how many have actually been answered?

I don’t recall any.

Unless he pays ten cents a word for reply’s, with a $5,000 advance retainer, I suspect this trend is what I shall label “Dmitar Normal”.

Canines, as some may know, are a big fan of nuanced satire.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 6:42 PM, Dmitar said:

To the bible impaired. I have three questions.

1. Does this mean, the first century churches were "bad" houses of worship?

2. Did Jesus consider the Temple dangerous for children, even though he visited one at age 12? Luke 2:41-52

3. Those that bring religion inside their home. Does that mean that house, has become a dangerous place for children?

I'm interested in finding out, what kind of message you are conveying to install "fear" in the hearts of children?

1. The church = temple, was the Anointed ones, and still is. 

2. What does the Temple in Jerusalem have to do with the Kingdom Halls of JW's ? 

3. Religion is just a word. Most 'religions' are used as excuses to do wrong things. Even JWs have used religion as an excuse to do bad things, including Child Sexual Abuse. Some Elders have used their 'religious authority' to do some wicked deeds. 

Next .................

• 2 weeks later...

What was deemed normal is done away with, the new normalcy, you will have to adapt to. Some can break, some do not, hence endurance. Unfortunately there are things taking place in the background, for usually the unaware are taken by this because their guard is down.

Those of the paradigm, even those who Conform to the Entities in the system will evidently be even more embolden now should you confront them, for instance, in the coming months, even years, the higher education system will need to be treaded carefully because the, their coming for our children manta, is a real danger, so much so, even in the realm of faith, people will be challenged by not just the paradigm, but those in government. Those blinded by the paradigm's idea of inclusion and diversity are also blind, and they themselves will be another danger to the youth and others.

That being said, this new normalcy has messed up even the unaware, even, as stated prior, which was predicted, broken some people, even among JWs. This can be equated to when the Israelites were in the Wilderness, some continue, some will break. The question is now, since the Wild Beast has taken recent action in the past few days, what will be your next move and how would you guide your step? That is a decision of which you will have to make.

EDIT:

I spoke to soon, recent events will put people to the test, therefore, your move and your step is vital in this new normalcy, mainly if you are in the US/Canadian area. For said events, as mentioned before, will hit you or anyone indirectly.

16 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Things are so absolutely nutty nowadays, that I’m beginning to wonder if Gog of Magog it’s not a specific personality, and the name Joe Biden comes immediately to mind.

I wish I knew.

Well those associated with the Wild Beast has taken recent actions. I allude to that every time I mentioned Freedom vs. Compliance. As said in the past in regards to some events, even the likelihood of Civil Disobedience committed by the people, is true.

Those who are admiring the beast will slowly but surely sparkle in a level of Authoritarianism, although the US upholds the Constitution, Authoritarianism is only slowed down by it, as of recent, the Constitution isn't going to hold up any longer against it compared to other countries who do not have, who fall easy.

The thing is the danger was evident, I remember explaining to you the groups on the Left and Right and their actions would lead up to not only Biden's presidential victory, but what will transpire after it, those who seek to re-write history. Likewise with the events of Russia and Ukraine, which I talked about a lot in the past.

That being said, in regards to the beast, they seem to have a focus on children/the youth, and they have some plans in place granted, the higher education system is already infected. Reasons why Truthers deem the public school system, some of them, as an indoctrination camp, due to the fact of how out reaching the government, as with Biden is, even now, in regards to it.

Better to be ready for the roaming bear so you can evade danger and steady your step vs an unaware man who is about to turn the corner to a furious Yogi Bear. - Proverbs 22:3.