The World News Media

How a Christmas song would lead me to believe that our 1914 teaching must be right after all.

JW Insider

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

You and I both remember when the premier sponsors for TV news programs were manufacturers or merchants. Now they are lawyers.

This is new to me. In Croatia, I have never seen an advertisement for lawyers on TV. Maybe they don’t need it because they have enough work to do because our people like to sue each other more than Americans? :) 

• Views 14.5k
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure. I have no idea who will be saved or not. Nor does it make any difference to my personal responsibility to make known the good news.

To me this is why I don't sweat it when someone says that I gave a "bad witness". I try not to, but it's going to happen and happen repeatedly. We all have patterns. I just keep trying and relax while

So here in Genesis 15 we have a verse of the Bible, which in context is about the Abrahamic Covenant and is also a very clear discussion of chronology. It points out the time, the actual number of yea

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Arauna said:

It does not matter if he was the slave or not. (With new light we know he was not - he was only the messenger before the faithful slave rendering service in the Parousia)  Mal 3: 1  “Look! I am sending my messenger, and he will clear up a way before me. And suddenly the true Lord, whom you are seeking, will come to his temple; and the messenger of the covenant will come, in whom you take delight. Look! He will certainly come,” says Jehovah of armies. ). 

What kind of God do you worship?  One that tells lies?  No doubt. 

God would not send a messenger that presents false predictions, or calls the Pyramid of Giza, “God’s Stone Witness”. 

A messenger from God would tell the truth.  That is the pattern of prophets we see in the scriptures.  Prophets are messengers. 

Read all of Malachi 3 and 4,  to see what that messenger sent in the last days, is assigned to do.  Your leaders have done just the opposite.  

12 hours ago, Arauna said:

and Jehovah is the judge of who is righteous. 

I thought Yeshua (Jesus) was the judge as He has 'all authority in heaven and on earth'. 

To highlight if the JWs were right or wrong at that time does not matter either;

It only 'does not matter' if you are wicked enough not to care about the damage they did to other people. What Americans call collateral damage i believe. 

Many will try to use this history to prove that we are a cult or a false religion

Well the history speaks for itself. Even all the lies about Armageddon which is part of the history ofthe JW org. 

He needed to form a nation that were trying to be obedient and were willing to learn

But YHWH didn't find it in the Watchtower /  JW org. From Rusell onward they were not obediant, they were trying to run ahead of God and Christ. How can making false predictions be showing obedience ?  It has all been insults to YHWH and Yeshua. 

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

John the Baptist was a messenger who prepared the way and so did Russel.  I did not say it was an anti-type did I?  You made that assumption.

Another assumption:

- Russell fulfilled the role of  John the Baptist

- GB fulfills the role of Jesus

Or it is just a matter of self-appointment and self-proclamation?...made by individuals or/and by collective.

34 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

This is new to me. In Croatia, I have never seen an advertisement for lawyers on TV. Maybe they don’t need it because they have enough work to do because our people like to sue each other more than Americans? :) 

That could be. A very dear friend of mine lived in Serbia for a time and called them the best people on earth.

It also may be that lawyers are prohibited from media advertising in many countries, maybe there is even a professional code that considers it too crass, as the case year many years ago. Last I heard, pharmaceutical companies are only allowed direct-to-consumer advertising in the U.S. and New Zealand. Trust me, it is an excellent reason to move to Croatia or anywhere else. 

11 hours ago, Arauna said:

Please mention the Name of the one who gave that authority to Jesus!  It is not the patiently in your name that gives me a scratch - it is that you think there is no Truth on the entire earth except your truth. Have you started to acknowledge Jehovah as the father of Jesus? 

The name of the one that gave Yeshua authority is YHWH.  

I wish I had the 'truth'. I only have my own thoughts and my own faith in YHWH through Yeshua. 

But the lies of your GB and the earlier leaders of the Bible Students / Watchtower / JW religion are constantly shown on here by many people. including Anna, JWI, James, et al. 

I have always given praise and thanks to YHWH for His son Yehsua. Thanks for that wonderful ransom sacrifice and for the Holy Scriptures. 

Unfortunately you seem to all be following tiny tom in his tracks. He is the one that trys to tell me what i believe and what i don't, but now it seems that you and Anna are just being tom's parrots. 

8 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Maybe it’s that “Patiently waiting for the Truth” is exactly the opposite of the course Jesus recommended:

Oh dear, when he tries he can't even get my user name right. 

““Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you;”  (Matt 7:7)

Problem here is that you lot are asking the wrong ones. You aks your GB and they keep giving you lies and false teachings.

And the GB obviously do not ask the right one either, or do not ask in the right way. But of course the GB do not recognise Yeshua now, the GB think they are the 'link' between YHWH and you sheeple. The blind leading the blind. Your GB leading you. 

‘Isn’t it enough to patiently wait?

Your friend @Arauna has previously said that YHWH does things in His own time and has set times for things.

So, yes it is enough to patiently wait.  From the bible of your religion. 

Micah 7 : 7 NWT. 

But as for me, I will keep on the lookout for Jehovah.lI will show a waiting attitude for the God of my salvation.My God will hear me.

29 minutes ago, xero said:

Just out of curiosity (the lawyers thing made me think of this) ....How many people imagine the new world to be completely conflict free?

I suppose it depends what you mean by 'conflict'.  I would have thought physical violence would be stopped. Verbal disagreements would probbaly occur due to the unrightious being resurrected. It would be sad to think that anyone would be physically hurt in what should be a 'safe place'. 

7 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

It would be sad to think that anyone would be physically hurt in what should be a 'safe place'. 

WTJWorg describes its organization as a “place of salvation,” as Noah’s ark. From the scanty description of life in Noah’s ark as they floated on the water, the people and animals inside the ark seemed to have no conflict of any kind. Let's say it was like that, without conflict and suffering.

In the modern Ark, WTJWorg, there are conflicts and sufferings. That means there is no “safe place” anywhere inside "spiritual paradise".

The illusion of a NW without conflict of any kind is not realistic. Eden was the perfect place, Heaven was the perfect place. And everything there was full of "questions" that escalated into "conflicts".

9 hours ago, xero said:

Just out of curiosity (the lawyers thing made me think of this) ....How many people imagine the new world to be completely conflict free?

There will be death and conflicts…and even mourning….but not like now…not as ugly and painful as now……