The World News Media

How a Christmas song would lead me to believe that our 1914 teaching must be right after all.

JW Insider

17 minutes ago, xero said:

Being part of an organization is critical and you have to make a choice.

No, the choice is whether one listens to truth or to lies.  

17 minutes ago, xero said:

What is the dragnet, if not the disparate nominal Christian organizations? How CAN you NOT isolate yourself like the selfish do w/o an organization? How WOULD the Bible have been preserved w/o an organization to do so.

You have contradicted yourself.  The Catholic Church was instrumental in preserving the Bible to a degree, yet you say the dragnet are the "nominal Christian organizations."   

You were an elder, and as an elder you replaced  God's chosen priesthood. (1 Pet 2:5,9) You "represented" that priesthood, that spiritual temple; which is an abomination to God. (Ezek 44:6-9) The dragnet is the organization you belong to, and where the "man of lawlessness" is "standing where it should not"; it is filling in for God's chosen priests and transgressing His spiritual Temple.  (1 Cor 3:16,17; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2)  The anointed remnant are under siege in your organization. (Rev 20:7-9)  Do you agree that they should not gather together and study the words of their Master, Jesus Christ - all because it transgresses the unity of the organization?   

Where does it say in God's word, that an earthly organization's unity is more important than His priesthood carrying out their "daily sacrifices" of praise to Him?  (Dan 11:31; 8:25; Matt 24:15,16)

• Views 14.3k
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure. I have no idea who will be saved or not. Nor does it make any difference to my personal responsibility to make known the good news.

To me this is why I don't sweat it when someone says that I gave a "bad witness". I try not to, but it's going to happen and happen repeatedly. We all have patterns. I just keep trying and relax while

So here in Genesis 15 we have a verse of the Bible, which in context is about the Abrahamic Covenant and is also a very clear discussion of chronology. It points out the time, the actual number of yea

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Thinking said:

and you notice the problems of the "YHVH organization".

We know it is not perfect because Jehovah has to work with imperfect people. We are grateful that we have such good bible knowledge and still get spiritually fed and updated.  But what you see is mega-magnified and exaggerated issues.....of your own making.....   so even if we were the organization which Jehovah is really using - you think what Jehovah provides is not good enough.  Your are similar to Waiting on her hands.... waiting for perfection -which in this world is impossible.

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Tell the dodo it couldn’t have been click bait because there was no place given for anyone to click.

Tell little tommy that once a person highlights a comment then that person HAS TO CLICK to get that comment to appear in a new comment box. 

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Tell the dodo it couldn’t have been click bait because there was no place given for anyone to click.

Or does little tommy have a different way to activate the 'quote selection' button without CLICKING ON IT. 

Keep up the insults you false Christian story teller. 

22 hours ago, Pudgy said:

On a related note, from America’s greatest religious news source:

JERUSALEM—Religious experts have begun voicing concerns that a local carpenter’s disinformation is spreading among Israelites most susceptible to unapproved ideas.

“Visit your nearest synagogue for the latest information on how to obey God. Listen to the experts!” A contingent of authorities in Jewish law spoke out against the carpenter’s simple teaching about loving God and your neighbor. “Follow the data—we need tithes, loopholes, and ever-changing rules, not repentant hearts!”

The usually divided Pharisees, Sadducees, and Scribes showed solidarity in fact-checking Jesus’s teaching. “We rate Jesus’s teaching as ‘Needs Context,’" said a spokesman for the group.

Is this the bit that you didn't write Pudgy ??????????????? 

I quoted direct from your comment, I'm not a JW I don't need to lie.

6 hours ago, Pudgy said:

3.)  Did you make this up yourself, or quote it from someone else, and then either way falsely attribute it to me?

Tell little tommy @TrueTomHarley that I clicked so that i could answer you. I took the words directly from YOUR COMMENT as you will see if you bother to look at it. There was nothing FALSE about it. 

2 hours ago, Anna said:

Par 12 WT 2006

"We therefore have reason to think carefully about our personal situation. Are we actually inside Jehovah’s arrangement of spiritual protection? When the great tribulation strikes, tears of joy and thankfulness will stream down the faces of those who have sought such protection. For others, there will be only tears of sorrow and regret."

(JWs seem to just live to insult people but so be it anna. If you think that is the Christian way, then you are lost already.)

That Watchtower is talking about the JW Org / JW Religion as being God's spiritual arrangement for protection. 

Everyone here knows that much. It is not talking about serving God through Christ. 

Notice the word 'INSIDE'. Quite obviously proves the point.  

1 hour ago, xero said:

Being part of an organization is critical and you have to make a choice. Pretend you aren't as corrupt and flawed as those you might sneer at, or work out your own salvation w/fear and trembling WITHIN an organization which YOU feel is supporting your efforts BETTER than the others.

It seems that RUSSELL didn't think your way. He said an organisation WASN'T NECESSARY. 

Being organised is necessary, but that does not mean being ruled over by men. 

Each person shoud in fact work out their own salvation w/fear and trembling, but that does not mean submitting to men. 

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

We know it is not perfect because Jehovah has to work with imperfect people. We are grateful that we have such good bible knowledge and still get spiritually fed and updated.  But what you see is mega-magnified and exaggerated issues.....of your own making.....   so even if we were the organization which Jehovah is really using - you think what Jehovah provides is not good enough.  Your are similar to Waiting on her hands.... waiting for perfection -which in this world is impossible.

You have dismissed the power of God, the power Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit, by lumping the organization’s errors on “imperfect people”.

To his disciples:

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!”

Check your list of changed doctrine.  Was any of it provided by Jesus Christ?  Can it be compared to bread, or to a stone? To fish, or to a snake?

So He said to the Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

All JWs were and are, chained to false teachings, because your leaders did not, and do not, ask Jesus for knowledge.  They did not “continue” in his word in order to be blessed with truth.  Their word has become much more important than the words of Jesus Christ.

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have told you."  John 14:26

Nothing on the list of Beliefs Clarified was truth. You must admit that according to his words, Jesus didn't have a hand in your leadership's understanding.  It is list of myths; all of it, is the “doctrine of men”. The scriptures give clear proof that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit did not provide any of it. You should wonder if God approves of men's doctrine superseding the doctrine of His Son, Jesus Christ.

“ For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths.  2 Tim 4:2-4

What are JWs chasing after now?  What apparent “truth” are they looking forward to seeing fulfilled?  And why do they get so excited when new doctrine takes the place of old?  

They look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear.

1 hour ago, Thinking said:

,,JWs were the only ones who had all my questions answered correctly

Well back in the 1960's / 70's the JW answers were a lot different to their answers today. 

7,000 year creative days. 6,000 years of humans on earth, then Armageddon and the 1,000 years of Christ's reign.

Simple wasn't it ?  BUT WRONG. How many times have the JW answers changed ? 

So maybe in 10 years time all the JW answers wil be different again.