The World News Media

Russian Orthodox Church ☦️ leaders blessing a rocket called Satan.

The Librarian

• Views 719
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn't check it too closely, but I suspect it was fake for three reasons. So many anti-Russian, pro-Ukrainian items have been faked lately. Some images have even come from video games. But you'll al

18 hours ago, Anna said:

Is this a fact or fake news?

I didn't check it too closely, but I suspect it was fake for three reasons. So many anti-Russian, pro-Ukrainian items have been faked lately. Some images have even come from video games. But you'll also notice that the shadows are at a different angle than the heavy equipment. (And they are darker and crisper.) Also, I don’t think it’s Russia that calls this missile "satan" anyway. I think that's a name that NATO has dubbed it.

But I don't doubt that the Russian Orthodox Church has blessed the military missions, and this kind of thing has been done all over the place.

16 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Also, I don’t think it’s Russia that calls this missile "satan" anyway. I think that's a name that NATO has dubbed it.

10 hours ago, WalterPrescott said:

R-36, R-36M, and SS-18 missiles (called Satan by NATO)

I wasn't absolutely sure that it was NATO that calls the missile "satan" (instead of Russia). Thank you for helping to verify this point, @WalterPrescott. I thought I had seen it somewhere.

And this point, too:

9 hours ago, WalterPrescott said:

Satirically, it is hard to beat—to give but one further example—the fact that Russian nuclear weapons are consecrated by Russian Orthodox high priests

I wasn't sure Russia was still doing this when I said:

16 hours ago, JW Insider said:

But I don't doubt that the Russian Orthodox Church has blessed the military missions, and this kind of thing has been done all over the place.

Thanks again. You often come up with very interesting material and sources.