The World News Media

Who was John Aquila Brown?

Moise Racette

15 hours ago, Moise Racette said:

You have not answered your own question by dodging the obvious.

LOL. It wasn't too hard to predict that you would continue to dodge and then claim that I was the one dodging. Oh well. I've taken note that you must have thought this was just a game.

You have not answered your own question by dodging the obvious. What was Brown discussing world events, and how it would end? The article you seem to forget is "The Gentile Times."

Still playing the projectionist, I see.

B.C. Before Christ, A.D. Anno Domini, A.C. After Christ, C.E. Common Era. What's the point you're trying to make?

That was my point. I thought that you had apparently made the mistake of thinking that A.C. meant "After Christ." Now you have made your mistake even more apparent and explicit. It actually means the opposite of what you are saying. A.C. means BEFORE Christ, NOT After Christ. Note that the following can pop up at the top when you Google "what does the date A.C. mean?"

AC in Medieval Latin means “ante Christum”, before Christ, Its equivalent in English is BC (before Christ)

Now, perhaps, some of what Brown was saying will make more sense to you.

I have more important things to do, now. A reinstatement and a funeral.

Happy for the reinstatement. Sorry about the funeral.

• Views 3.6k
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Pudgy With respect to the so-called "overlapping generations," John A Brown had "solved" this (in 1823) by saying that Jesus was referring to the literal, physical "Nation of Israel." Curiously, his

I wonder what you thought John Brown was right about, then, when you said "that doesn't mean he was wrong about 1914." For the record John A Brown (in 1823) said that: The end of the Genti

The points  I get from all of this discussion is that in the last two millennium, EVERYONE HAS ALWAYS BEEN WRONG. And there have been NO exceptions.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

That was my point. I thought that you had apparently made the mistake of thinking that A.C. meant "After Christ." Now you have made your mistake even more apparent and explicit. It actually means the opposite of what you are saying. A.C. means BEFORE Christ, NOT After Christ. Note that the following can pop up at the top when you Google "what does the date A.C. mean?"

Wrong again. I'm not making any distinction. You are. The fact, there are past historians that use AC to mean something to them, doesn't mean, I agree with it. Apparently, it means more to you, than it does me.

It can very well mean Air Condition for all I care.

You're losing your objectivity by sticking to the same old standards. Nothing new. Give yourself a fresh start. Forget about all the apostate literature you have read. That only leads to an endless rabbit hole.

prophecy.jpg

prophecy-2.jpg

Overthinking is not wise. Thanks for the sentiment.

13 hours ago, JW Insider said:

belong to a couple of small mostly JW Biblical discussion forums where you have to be invited

Where are these small JW discussion forums? I’ve never been invited to one. Not that I would accept, most likely. I have my hands full now—but still. I do get FB group invitations all the time but when I look them over few strike me as unique.

If only a couple of posts deserved warnings and suspensions, that's no reason to destroy a history of work by that person.

Yeah, I guess that’s true. When the old hen took down the entire TrueTom vs the Apostates thread I was much put out, having taken for granted I could always go back there, as though it was a filing system.

The only kinds of accounts I would like to see banned are those that come on here like "bots" just to sell a product,

Uh oh.

Although I would hate to be the one involved in meting out warnings and suspensions, I think that the worse that should happen is a temporary suspension for those who have OBVIOUSLY broken the rules. Perhaps the suspensions should get a bit longer if a person breaks the rules more often. But the problem is about being fair,

Just look how it has turned out for Elon Musk

Why do I think with such admiration of JWI keeping up with old-time fellows Bethelites, some of whom have fallen into instability? It’s a personality trait that extends into other areas.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.