BroRando

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many

portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His

Son, whom He appointed heir of all thingsthrough whom also he

made the worldAnd he is the radiance of His glory and the

exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the

word of his power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the

right hand of the Majesty on highhaving become as much better than

the angels, as he has inherited a more excellent name than they.

For to which of the angels did He ever say,

“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You”?

And again,

“I will be a Father to Him
And He shall be a Son to Me”?

And when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says,

And let all the angels of God worship him.”  Hebrews 1

"and upholds all things by the word of His power."

This signifies that since the first century, Christ has retained an active rulership in the heavens. Ps 110:1,2

1914 is a lie.

• Views 940
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you experiencing great tribulation?   Have you ever experienced a tribulation that was so great and horrendous, that you thought you were just going to die? Well, you're n

Being raised Jehovah's witness was great tribulation.

The answer is in Hebrews 5:5 to which angel. So, too, the Christ did not glorify himself by becoming a high priest, but was glorified by the One who said to him: “You are my son; today I have bec

1 hour ago, Witness said:

This signifies that since the first century, Christ has retained an active rulership in the heavens. Ps 110:1,2

1914 is a lie.

If this was factual, then humanity would have started the 1000 years cleansing back to perfection since the introduction of the son of man. Since humanity continues on a downward spiral, it's the posters interpretation that is a lie.

That focus has also been confused by witnesses that believe Jesus became King in 33CE. Poster needs to better interpert scripture for a qualified, audience understanding.

For to which of the angels did He ever say,

“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You”?

And again,

“I will be a Father to Him
And He shall be a Son to Me”?

The answer is in Hebrews 5:5 to which angel.

So, too, the Christ did not glorify himself by becoming a high priest, but was glorified by the One who said to him: “You are my son; today I have become your father.

• I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on the way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared. Exodus 23:20

Pay attention to him, and obey his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, because my name is in him. Exodus 23:21

Who was that angel?  

• Now I want you to know, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea and all got baptized into Moses by means of the cloud and of the sea, and all ate the same spiritual food and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they used to drink from the spiritual rock that followed them, and that rock meant the Christ.

Other translations read:

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    And they all drank of the one drink of The Spirit, for they were drinking from The Rock of The Spirit, which was with them, but that Rock was The Messiah.

Good News Translation
    and drank the same spiritual drink. They drank from the spiritual rock that went with them; and that rock was Christ himself.

International Standard Version
    and drank the same spiritual drink, for they drank from the spiritual rock that went with them. That rock was the Messiah.

Literal Standard Version
    and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking of a spiritual rock following them, and the rock was the Christ;

Majority Standard Bible
    and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

New American Bible
    and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they drank from a spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was the Christ.

NET Bible
    and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they were all drinking from the spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ.

New Revised Standard Version
    and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ.

New Heart English Bible
    and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ.

Webster's Bible Translation
    And all drank the same spiritual drink: (for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.)

On 1/12/2023 at 7:01 PM, Witness said:

Where did Watchtower learn about the dates of Passover?  From the Jews, it is common knowledge.  And, this organization “celebrates” the memorial of Christ’s death on the wrong night anyway. 

What date would the poster propose as the correct date for the memorial of Christ as indicated in scripture?

On 1/12/2023 at 7:01 PM, Witness said:

The word in Joshua is

שָׁחָה shâchâh, shaw-khaw'; a primitive root; to depress, i.e. prostrate (especially reflexive, in homage to royalty or God):—bow (self) down, crouch, fall down (flat), humbly beseech, do (make) obeisance, do reverence, make to stoop, worship.

Remember the word you said that was “mistranslated” in Heb 1:6 is

When the issue is confused by none scholars, what is the remedy?

Yeshua was a figure described in the Bible The Tanakh, the Bible of the Jewish people, also known at the Old Testament , is full of proof and promise about a Savior who would come from the line of King David and redeem people from their sin and brokenness. Yeshua perfectly fulfilled over 324 prophecies about the coming Messiah in the Tanakh.

• Yeshua is a name that means 'Salvation' in Hebrew. Who is Yeshua? Yeshua is the same as Jesus Christ of the New Testament Bible, and the same as the Messiah which was prophesied to come through the Jewish people over and again in the Old Testament Bible which is known as the Tanakh to the Jews.
  • The son of Nun, a distinguished leader of the Hebrews, and the successor of Moses. His name at first was Oshea, Numbers 13:8,16; and in the New Testament he is called Jesus, Acts 7:45 Hebrews 4:8. Both the names, Joshua and Jesus, signify savior, deliverer.

15 minutes ago, Moise Racette said:

That focus has also been confused by witnesses that believe Jesus became King in 33CE. Poster needs to better interpert scripture for a qualified, audience understanding.

Will a quote from your leaders be enough of a qualification for you?  

"After Jesus says this, an amazing thing happens. He begins going up into heaven, as you can see here. Then a cloud hides him from sight, and the disciples don’t see Jesus again. Jesus goes to heaven, and he begins to rule over his followers on earth from there."

My Book of Bible Stories, #104

YHWH says to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand,
    until I make your enemies your footstool for your feet.”
2 YHWH will send out the rod of your strength out of Zion.
    Rule among your enemies."

TAKE YOUR BLINDERS OFF!  LOOK AT THE WORD, RULEThat means Jesus was ruling in the first century!  Over whom?

Who are part of Zion?

"giving thanks to the Father, who made us fit to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light, 13 who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the Kingdom of the Son of his love, 14 in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins. 15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation."  Col 1:12-15

"But you have come to Mount Zion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable multitudes of angels, 23 to the festal gathering and assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better than that of Abel."  Heb 12:22-24

This rulership since the first century, over Christ's anointed, lasted for a symbolic thousand years. His faithful ones were enrolled in heaven even though they may have been alive on the earth.

He said to them, “I saw Satan having fallen like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy. Nothing will in any way hurt you. 20 Nevertheless, don’t rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”  Luke 10

Satan was "not perceiving" how to deceive these faithful ones when he "fell".  But at the end of the thousand years, he was let out of the abyss, out of Hades, ("not perceiving")and has deceive the remnant of holy ones, through false prophets, and their organization.  Matt 24:24,25; 2 Tim 4:1; Rev 16:13-16; Rev 20:7-9

Will a quote from your leaders be enough of a qualification for you?  

"After Jesus says this, an amazing thing happens. He begins going up into heaven, as you can see here. Then a cloud hides him from sight, and the disciples don’t see Jesus again. Jesus goes to heaven, and he begins to rule over his followers on earth from there."

My Book of Bible Stories, #104

When the proper intent is demonstrated, it fails on the view the poster is referring to. Consider understanding the whole content before submitting a deception, since there is a fine line between rulership and kingship. The proper context would be, Jesus from his ascension, found followers (Christians) to continue his fine works, until his second coming, or does that not mean anything to the poster. Then, what would be the purpose of the words written in Hebrews 9:28

Educated guesses are not a teaching tool.

55 minutes ago, Moise Racette said:

since there is a fine line between rulership and kingship.

What?  Why do you fight truth?  I'm always shaking my head with what you come up with as an excuse.

A king RULES.  That is the component of having a kingship.  That's common sense, where is you common sense?

Starting at that time, in 33 C.E., Christ began ruling over the Christian congregation, and his followers happily acknowledged his lordship and heavenly position. (Colossians 1:13, 14) Yet it was not God’s purpose for Jesus to begin ruling over the world of mankind and the universe then.  “Happiness” pg 154-155

"Ruling over the Christian congregation" and "ruling over the world of mankind."  

Hmm, no effort was made in replacing the word, "ruling", signifying rulership, with the word ...hmm, what does a king do but RULE under his kingship!

If a king is ruling, he is reigning as a king.  Look up the meaning of "rule" in blueletterbible, for Psalm 110:1,2

Your foolishness is way beyond what I want to deal with. 

Throughout the centuries since his resurrection, Jesus has faithfully supervised the activities of the Christian congregation over which he has been ruling as King. (Col. 1:13)   w09 12/15 pp. 20-24 

So, when the Wt. states that Jesus sat waiting to become king until 1914, it shows what hypocrites they truly are.  

15 minutes ago, Witness said:

What?  Why do you fight truth?  I'm always shaking my head with what you come up with as an excuse.

A king RULES.  That is the component of having a kingship.  That's common sense, where is you common sense?

Only because the poster refuses to see the context in the correct manner. The example the poster continues to use, amount to the same confusion the poster has, about what ruler ship and kingship signify. Therefore, the poster is inadequate to point out what commonsense is.

8 minutes ago, Witness said:

Throughout the centuries since his resurrection, Jesus has faithfully supervised the activities of the Christian congregation over which he has been ruling as King. (Col. 1:13)   w09 12/15 pp. 20-24 

So, when the Wt. states that Jesus sat waiting to become king until 1914, it shows what hypocrites they truly are.  

*** w14 7/15 pp. 30-31 par. 10 “You Will Be Witnesses of Me” ***
10 Modern-day anointed Christians pointed in advance to October 1914 as a significant date. They based this on Daniel’s prophecy about a large tree that was cut down and would grow again after “seven times.” (Dan. 4:16) Jesus referred to this same period as “the appointed times of the nations” in his prophecy about his future presence and “the conclusion of the system of things.” Ever since that marked year of 1914, “the sign of [Christ’s] presence” as earth’s new King has become clear for all to see. (Matt. 24:3, 7, 14; Luke 21:24) So since then “the magnificent things of God” have included Jehovah’s enthronement of Jesus as King over the world of mankind

Learn to see the difference, poster. The posters confusion is its own downfall. Don't just use, things that pretend to make the posters argument, it doesn't.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.